Create Account

S57 SHL State of the Union

01-20-2021, 08:33 PMSlappydoodle Wrote: It truly depresses me that there is no mention of the index. Our current index is hot garbage. It has almost completely killed the love I had for this site. Why is this not a priority? You literally cannot even see a box score right now without going on discord and hoping it’s been posted in your LR. This has been an ongoing joke now ever since the ill thought out and rushed jump to FHM. We should never have made the switch until this was worked out. Instead we are going to kill the forum locker rooms, further cementing the idea that the SHL can only be enjoyed if you live on discord.

Agreed. Fire Nour!

I've never done a podcast before. Does this mean I suck and everyone hates me?

[Image: zootshl.gif]
Sig credits: OrbitingDeath & enigmatic

[Image: jO2Di2N.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png]

Timber Scarecrows pride Aurora France

01-20-2021, 11:38 PMHallsy Wrote:
01-20-2021, 08:33 PMSlappydoodle Wrote: It truly depresses me that there is no mention of the index. Our current index is hot garbage. It has almost completely killed the love I had for this site. Why is this not a priority? You literally cannot even see a box score right now without going on discord and hoping it’s been posted in your LR. This has been an ongoing joke now ever since the ill thought out and rushed jump to FHM. We should never have made the switch until this was worked out. Instead we are going to kill the forum locker rooms, further cementing the idea that the SHL can only be enjoyed if you live on discord.

Agreed. Fire Nour!
I dont know how just yet, but this is all your, or aaron wilsons fault, some how

[Image: xVW1vec.png]

[Image: OgNASDg.png] |  | [Image: JvdaXOj.png]
[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

01-20-2021, 11:41 PMZootTX Wrote: I've never done a podcast before. Does this mean I suck and everyone hates me?
Well its not the underlying cause, but it doesnt help

I really enjoy the league and am grateful for all the awesome people who dedicate their free time to it!

[Image: 4x2jj4a.gif]
S58 Elias Armia Award Winner

Threads moving so fast no one will notice Detroit got Swept by Vancouver

[Image: zayn.png?ex=65e9b101&is=65d73c01&hm=c0f0...y=lossless]
Kyle Sux Lmap

01-20-2021, 11:44 PMzaynzk Wrote: Threads moving so fast no one will notice Detroit got Swept by Vancouver
Which time?

tbh, anyone with less than 500 hours of podcasts recorded should have their posting privileges removed

[Image: AgentSmith630.gif]
Thanks to @sulovilen, @the5urreal, and @sve7en for the sigs!

01-20-2021, 11:32 PMluketd Wrote:
01-20-2021, 11:15 PMSlappydoodle Wrote: Jesus Christ people. If you’re not in fucking lockstep agreement with everything on here then apparently it’s just open season for ridicule. You’re all so fair and open minded and inclusive and accepting and oh so very cool. Memes are apparently what passes for original thought. Have fun circle jerking each other over what a swell job you’re all doing. It’s been five fucking seasons now I’ve been hearing about this new index that’s being worked on. But I’m sure glad I can buy a fucking t-shirt.

I have had it with the fucking sanctimonious dickwads this site seems to breed now. Fuck you. Take the fucking league and shove it straight up your holier than thou collective ass.

You can all take turns blowing me.

I think there is a disconnect on what is happening. So the index is taking a long time yes, but there is a small team working on it as they have the skills to do so. There isnt a large amount of people on the site that has the skills in order to make the index that we want to make. We did reach out to the SHL community about a month ago to see if there were any with spare time to help and one did reach out and he has been a great help. The problem was that the main person that was working on the index was bogged down with 2 internships while also going to school, so production on that halted.

What also has been happening is people that dont have the skills on making a modern website have been putting hours on hours of work into improving the site anyway that they can. Like you see with things like the new Events Department, and the new twitter grading stuff, and the shop that people have been asking for... as long as ive been on the site.

just wanted to give you a bit more insight on how that is going

man Luke, you should have ended it with asking him to blow u. smh. Power changed you

[Image: nokazoa.gif]

CURRENT PLAYER

[Image: sN8N4xa.png]         [Image: xd5tvj8.png]

FORMER PLAYER

[Image: ktJ2jTl.png]

01-20-2021, 11:41 PMZootTX Wrote: I've never done a podcast before. Does this mean I suck and everyone hates me?

Do we tell him guys...

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

01-20-2021, 11:27 PMJumpierPegasus Wrote:
01-20-2021, 11:25 PMhockeyiscool Wrote: step up your game.
Bro, I’ve been on this site for ten years. I’ve served in the HO. I’ve served on various committees. I’ve created under zero hours of podcasts for the site and written a ton of articles for the teams I’ve been on. I have contributed my fair share. I don’t need your patronizing, condescending ass to lecture me and tell me how much better I should be. I will continue to feel free to react to league announcements however I see fit. You can feel free to keep yammering away at how I should be on my knees thanking the lord I get to enjoy the bountiful harvest of podcasts. I have nothing to prove to you or anyone else on here. I owe nothing but whatever time I feel like contributing, which is increasingly less and less.
Understandable, have a nice day.

01-20-2021, 11:48 PMGwdjohnson Wrote:

Do we tell him guys...

shut up gabe, you suck and everyone hates you

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank @esilverm and the rest of the team working on the index for the work they've done.

[Image: Cracker_Pizza_sig.png?ex=6516546d&is=651...bb4003576&]
[Image: pride23gif.gif]

01-20-2021, 11:28 PMSDCore Wrote: Guys... Slappy is just streets ahead, we are all just streets behind. 6 seasons and a movie.

We are a community... Right?

#6SeasonsAndAMovie

01-20-2021, 11:54 PMPatty Wrote: I'd like to take this opportunity to thank @esilverm and the rest of the team working on the index for the work they've done.

yw on their behalf

[Image: nokazoa.gif]

CURRENT PLAYER

[Image: sN8N4xa.png]         [Image: xd5tvj8.png]

FORMER PLAYER

[Image: ktJ2jTl.png]