Create Account

Weekend Funtime: Wild Card (S48)

You were the 100th caller for a sports talk show give away and awarded 2 tickets to any of the 4 stadiums and a free jersey of 1 of the players involved in the 1st round! what city are you going too and whos jersey are you sporting and why!?

I am going to Edmonton and sporting a Teddy Cuddles jersey! One is the fact that it is Alberta's rivalry between Calgary and Edmonton and the other because it is in Edmonton and with a jersey that says cuddles in the back with the cold weather, maybe those opportunities will be there to get close to a lady friend who also is sporting a Cuddles jersey ha ha!

[Image: bgwUtVZ.png]

Code:
How do you see either series playing out?

I see the Calgary and Edmonton series being a very bloody one. Two storied rivals who have had their successes living in the same province. This has generated a lot of history between the teams and I know that there is definitely some animosity there. I think the first couple games will be particularly chippy, with a ton of PiMs coming out before they start to settle around game for. I see the first game going to Calgary, with Edmonton taking two back to back. Calgary will take a game back so that both teams steal a game while away. Edmonton will win game 5, putting them on the brink of winning before Calgary comes back and runs off the last two games, giving them the berth to the next round.

Battleborn  Finland     [Image: QwTZD8C.png]   [Image: uJXrVDL.png]  [Image: iemKOIk.png]     Finland  Battleborn

[Image: ecaJZ6D.jpg]
[Image: flowseidon.gif]
[Image: PRedauw.png]

What players are keeping their opponents GM's up at night in this match up?

I would easily say that the Stampede are going to have their hands full with two main players on the North Stars roster. The battle of the Niagara Falls Border Corssing is going to be a nice one to watch and the names that we will see on the roster a lot will be Mikhail Lokitonov and Jordan Von Matt. They have 6 and 7 points respectively and the thing I see being a problem for the Stampede is the fact that one is a defenseman and one is a forward. And also, the fact that Lokitonov plays on the first line and Von Matt plays on the first pairing, they will come out guns blazing with a loaded top line every game. Marius will have his hands full at the face off dot against Lokitonov and Makela will have to try and out perform Von Matt. A lot is needed and players will need to dig deep, especially looking back at the fact that the North Stars have won 5 out of the 6 meetings against the Stampede this season

[Image: Bruins10.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic , @Ragnar and @sulovilen for the sexy Signature

Code:
Is there a team in either series that match up well against Nola or Tampa bay if they could advance? .. if so how come?

Yeah, Buffalo, because the Stampede are straight up better than Tampa all across the ice. Tampa's best defenseman is barely above 1000 TPE. It's ridiculous they've had the season they have. Just a weird, weird year.

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

Code:
Is there a goalie advantage in either match up and why?

Well for Calgary Edmonton, Vilde and Tuck are both pretty elite. I'd favour Tuck slightly due to his Style Control but you can't go wrong with either guy really.

Buffalo/Toronto though? Oh dear. Michael McFading is a legend, but hes not up to it anymore and just has the starting job because Toronto's goalie of the future isn't ready yet. Cedric Robinson is a bit enigmatic and inconsistent but should still get the job done more often than his veteran countryman, as Buffalo should take the series somewhat comfortably.

[Image: 0K3YdqN.png]

Agent of Nick Brain: Center/Right Winger - Winnipeg Aurora
Agent of John Torrance: Advisor to the General Manager - Winnipeg Aurora
Agent of Anatoli Terrorov: Head Coach - Colorado Raptors

Nick Brain Player Profile: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=91326
Nick Brain Update Thread: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=91332
(This post was last modified: 07-12-2019, 02:06 PM by foehammer007.)

Quote:Are there any young players in these match ups that are ready to seize center stage?

[Image: brock-Boeser.jpg]
Bobby Sharp waiting to receive the puck

I feel like Bobby Sharp of the Buffalo Stampede has the best chance out of the rookies to step up and take over for his team. If he shows up he'll easily be able to help guide them into a deep playoff run. Looking at his stats over the course of his rookie season, he has posted a healthy 11g-10a-21p while averaging 14 minutes a game. If he can either carry that same form or even elevate his game, he will easily take over as a rookie in his first playoffs in the SHL.

It is a decent start for the rookie and he could easily step up and be the key piece for the Stampede when they face off against Toronto.

I also believe Barry Batsbak could be a catalyst for Calgary if he was to step up from his regular season performance. If he shows up for the playoffs, he could easily steal the show, but I believe Bobby has the best chance overall.

@Nerio

[Image: tjFQotX.gif]

[Image: giphy.gif]
(This post was last modified: 07-12-2019, 02:28 PM by GreyGooseVodka.)

You were the 100th caller for a sports talk show give away and awarded 2 tickets to any of the 4 stadiums and a free jersey of 1 of the players involved in the 1st round! what city are you going too and whos jersey are you sporting and why!?

Wow. This is incredible. AMAZING. Im so excited!

I'd like to go to Toronto and get a Lokitonov jersey, but with a special request that it is number 69 on the back. As a longtime friend of this player I am proud of his accomplishments but he is also a Jamoke so he must be treated as such.

*plz pick me mike izzy ilu and im desperate for tpe*
(This post was last modified: 07-12-2019, 02:46 PM by Gwdjohnson.)

Code:

Stampede VS Stars

For me, this series just has Buffalo all over it. They are by far and away favourites in this series, but I believe they can even go further beyond. Their deadline additions of Louie Garrett, Connor Tanner and Patrick Brumm Jr. clearly display that they are in it to win it this season, while Toronto actually weakened at the deadline by selling off top scorer Anders Christiansen to New England, supposedly because they didn't even want to make the playoffs to begin with. This reflected in the first game, which Buffalo convincingly won 6-2, and I am sure it will reflect throughout the rest of the series too.

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

Code:

The Calgary, Edmonton Series is going to be a great series to watch. You have to give Calgary the clear advantage as they have the most experience in these type of situations. Their team has a serious desire to win and proves it time and time again. The management for Calgary is relentless in scouting and exploiting weakness in their opponents. Just last season they were able to push all the way to the Champions Cup Final Series. I do not see how Edmonton can overcome those odds. Calgary wins this series in 6 games but I would not be surprised if they win it in 5.

In the West, it's clear that there is only room in Alberta for one team. That team is going to be the one that hits the hardest, collects the most bodies and ruins the most opportunities. For me, it's gotta be my own team and that's all down to Mike Izzy. The one man wrecking machine, He's the one thing standing in the Blizzard's path and it's not gonna consume him.

[Image: first.png]
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img][img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img]
Maxime Bouchard
Armada Dragons Info - Updates  Dragons Armada
Richard Dickbutt McFudderdudder II
Armada Info - Updates Armada

07-11-2019, 01:07 PMslothfacekilla Wrote:
Code:

I see Buffalo beating Toronto in six games and Calgary beating the Blizzard in six games.  Why do I think that?  Well I copied someone's playoff bracket for one thing, but they had the Blizzard winning in six.  So I modified that to Calgary because I have a lot of respect for @Steelhead77 and I think that gives Calgary the edge in almost any series (unless it is against NOLA).  But I just want TPE from both the playoff bracket and this WFT so that is why I am going with the Stampede and Dragons winning in six games to emerge out of the wild card round.

I disagree and think the Stampede will beat the North Stars in 4 games and Edmonton will beat the Dragons in 4 games. My reason for this is that I wanted to tell you, Alex, that you're wrong and your reasoning is bad, and also I love brooms and sweeping. The only thing I agree with you on is that I want the TPE from this weekend funtime.

[Image: thistidalwave.gif]

ArmadaUkSpecters
Player | Updates

07-12-2019, 05:07 PMJenny Wrote: I want the TPE from this weekend funtime.

And TPE you’ll get!

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

After last season's performance, you'd better believe that Rainbow Dash is keeping the Edmonton GMs up at night. Exploding for four goals in a 4-3 win to open the series last season, the Blizzard GMs will do well to watch for her again this season.

Wolfpack LW - Rainbow Dash - Updates Wolfpack
[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]
[Image: zmHxxsq.png] Rainbow Dash Fan S24-Present [Image: zmHxxsq.png]
Shl SHL Commissioner S34-S52 Shl
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack GM S30-S40 Wolfpack
Militia Montreal Milita Co-GM S26-S29 Militia

Code:

The experience Buffalo Stampede shouldn't have much trouble disposing of the North Stars (no offense), but in the west it's really a coin flip. The Dragons and Blizzard have a storied history, with both teams sharing some of the success, but if I had to venture a guess then I would say that the Edmonton Blizzard have gotten hot at the right time this season, and should have momentum to pull off a win.

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

Is there an area which a team can exploit on their opponent?

I honestly don't know or care who is playing in the wildcard, but I have heard that Mike Izzy likes potatoes? Can't the other team use that to their advantage but just like, having a potato smell somewhere on the ice and he'll be distracted?