Create Account

S66 PT #0: Passion Project

Some offseasons, Long John Donair visits his mother's family in Russia. However, given recent turmoil in the area and the general political climate, a simple visit to the old country has not been possible. In the meantime, Donair has actually been getting into disc golf during his down time. When asked about it in a recent post-practice presser, Donair had this to say:

"Yeah, some of my friends on the [Milwaukee] Power started playing it to stay in shape. They wouldn't, like, play the game as golfers, if that makes sense? They would like, throw the disc and then jog after it, maybe take some extra time putting but not really. It was more to keep the cardio up when we weren't skating. But now that some of us are pros and we're really skating all day every day, we need a break. So it's been fun to learn the game, I have 12 or 15 discs now and they all do different stuff, sort of like your irons in golf, but yeah. I really enjoy it, everyone I've met locally in the disc golf community has been really supportive of me and the boys playing with them in leagues and stuff too. I even got Jimmy Wagner to go out there - but he definitely plays the cardio way."

Lord Farquaads has a wealth of off-ice passions. The on-ice portion of his life is just a means to an end, he is simply amassing wealth to fund his army to take back Duloc and to restore him to his rightful throne as Dulocian God Emporer. So, naturally, when it is the offseason, Lord Farquaads is out forging new relationships and commanders for his new army. He just met with some private military organizations based out of Eastern Europe that could lead his special forces with a swift coup attempt to bring down the green skinned ogre.
Now, to be a good leader, you have to look like a good leader. When you’re as short as Lord Farquaads is, you have to make up for it with your style. Farquaads has seen the finest tailors in the Yukon territories during his time with the Malamutes. He’s always been fond of red, so he had a fancy new suit fabricated for his upcoming season.
Either way, the gears are turning for Farquaads this offseason.

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

After losing in the second round to the eventual champions the Los Angeles Panthers, Slavakov was ready to work hard and improve off of what he considered to be a solid season all around. While working out in the off-season, Toast and new co-GM Birdman came to Slavakov and had a proposition for him. With the Pride, and the league in general, seeing a lack of star defensemen, they proposed moving him from the wing to become a defenseman. This was a great opportunity for Slavakov to take the Brent Burns route and go from a solid forward to an elite defenseman. With that, he knew he needed to work on improving different skills, such as shot blocking and positioning versus working on skills like shooting. He knew he would still have that offensive style to his game, but was looking forward to making a strong impact on both sides of the ice for the Pride.

[Image: OX6Yrrn.png]

[Image: hPSkjwC.jpg]
Thank you @xjoverax and @phoenix for the sigs!

This summer Tomas Zadina is going to be spending his time training his skating. It's by far been the weakest part of his game thus far and the coaches are getting pretty fed up with it. Everything his endurance throughout the game, to his technique, to his ability to understand when he should be skating hard and when he needs to be a little more finesse or positional in his approach is downright sloppy. Thankfully the Specters coaching staff along with some private coaches have graciously decided to stick around in New Orleans during the summer to help him work on everything from his weight training routine to the mental part of the game. Hopefully that means that next season he'll be ready to go right from the start of the season with a new understanding of how the team expects him to use his talent to maximize his point production and the production of the players around him. The hands are already there but he needs to get the rest of it figured out.

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

PLAYER PROMPT

Jonathon Hagan's non hockey passions are many, and cannot be defined by just one. Probably the biggest one, though, is his passion for partying and drinking, a curious passion for a highly touted pro hockey player to have, only in the sense that he does it all the time without getting into trouble. So, his summer off, already jump started by a lot of golf and booze after Montreal missed the playoffs, quickly sprouted into a summer full of partying in his hometown of Nashville, especially on Broadway, because, well, of course. He was spotted at just about every bar and club in the vicinity of Broadway at least once, typically pretty sauced, because that is just his passion. He has also made visits to the lake, and to the beach, as they are prime locations for even more booze with the boys. Overall, for Hagan, there has been a lot of tomfoolery this summer while he awaits the newest season

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

Magnus decided in the 8 weeks that he has off from the SHL to go ahead and make a cookbook featuring recipes from his family. He had eight weeks so he decided to do eight recipes. However, when he went to publish his book he was told that eight recipes was not enough, so maybe he will have to wait until he has collected more to actually create and publish his book. He will also use future break times to refine his recipes so that they taste better and are simpler to make, as he knows that if he markets it towards other SHL players there are some that can barely boil water, let alone make instant noodles. He has been testing these recipes on his team mates and some seem to like the food while some seem to dislike the resulting dishes. So he needs to do more testing and market research in order to make sure his book sells.

[Image: image.png]

It's finally the off season. Chimkin Tendy and Jaska Seppala (@Zombiewolf) can finally return to their bungalow on the beaches of Fiji and frolic in the sand, kissing and sucking their worries away. Chimkin Tendy's passions, besides being inside Seppala, include knitting, frisbee golf, dog grooming, and begging for change outside the 7/11 because Tomen doesn't fucking pay him enough. Additionally, he likes to do some charitable stuff for the kids of Serbia, and helps his mom work in the coal mines and also helps his dad work in the other coal mines. Chimkin Tendy and Jaska Seppala also travel the world, attempting to set a Guiness Book of World Records title for most places made love in by the same two people. So far they are at 130 out of 165 countries, and have 10 more countries planned for this off season. It will definitely be an off season of love for these two star crossed lovers.

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

Quote:HOCKEY PROMPT- You've got 8 weeks off of SHL hockey. So naturally, you're going to fill it with more hockey! We love hockey!
Written Task: You've got 8 weeks of uninterrupted training time where you can work on whatever you want without your coach telling you what to do. What's a skill or ability that you'd like to add to your players arsenal over the summer? For example if your player is known as a big passer, maybe next season they want to be more of a shooting threat. Maybe you've joined a new team or just been called up to the SHL and you want to build a new identity. What skills or talents are you going to develop to make a big impression and surprise some folks next season? (150+ words)

It’s time to fight. Not just figuratively, but literally: Adam is dead set on adding a new dimension to his game, and that’s fisticuffs. The Atlanta Inferno, his new team, have plenty of young talented players that are going to need room on the ice, and that’s where Barron comes in: if anyone takes liberties with the stars, he’s there as the wily veteran with man hands to manhandle the offenders.

To train, he’s going to learn MMA while on skates. That means no kicking, for fear of killing his opponent via exsanguination, but then again he was never one for kicking; punching is where it’s at.

Strength training, as well, is in store for him this offseason as that’s one of the things that slowly goes as you age. He needs to pack a punch and what better way to do that than to “drive” his car around Georgia by pushing it everywhere? It also does the trick of saving on gas money. Sure, the drivers behind him on the road are going to be frustrated to be going 2 MPH but think of the gains!

[Image: 9ZNnX19.png]

Canada | Player Page | Grizzlies | Player Updates | Inferno

With Paul Binder hitting his prime fairly soon, he is really going to be focusing on increasing his offensive threat. All last season he seemed to be a bit of a defensive liability, finishing with an abysmal +/-, but he really stepped it up defensively in the playoffs. He seems to pass in any situation, even on breakaways at points. He does have a great offensive read and it's not like passing the puck a lot is a bad thing, but it's almost like he's trying to play 4D chess in a 3D world and just thinks a bit too much. Even when he did take shots, they very often were either off the mark or directly into the opposing goaltender's chest. Binder's never really been a sniper and he's not going to try and turn into one over the course of one offseason, but the Atlanta Inferno would never say no to more goal scoring no matter where it's coming from.

WC 168

[Image: lPQWyve.png?ex=662bf46d&is=66197f6d&hm=a...dd3527ca4&]

Player prompt / written task

With so much time on my hand for the first time since being drafted, I’ll finally be able to pursue my true passion… golfing! I really like the calm it gives me when I’m playing … I would just prefer if the clubs weren’t that damn expensive since, from time to time, I’ll get angry and broke a club or two on my knee.

This summer, I aim to drive far enough to get a hole in one on the hole after the one I’m starting from. With my impeccable technique and my strength, I’m already able to land on the greens on my first shot pretty frequently (my main problem is taking 4 or 5 shots to putt it in), so I would like to train myself to drive even further since it is way more fun than working on my short game. To work toward my goal, I’ll be golfing on Michael Jordan’s private golf course in Florida. I expect to perform better under the sun and it’ll help me work on my tan too!

Getting ready because there is only 364 days before the next hockey team selection   Renegades

[Image: Ggpmsvy.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-13-2022, 11:00 PM by Reno.)

157 words - prompt 1

Evgeni Petrov’s favorite offseason activity has to be extreme curling. Extreme curling follows the normal rules of curling, but you crank it to the extreme. First things first, instead of skates you play on roller blades. It was determined to be too safe if you played on ice skates so roller blades make it 20x as hard to stand up. The second rule that we added is players need to be extremely high on bath salts and ketamine at the same time. Sober players are boring players, we want players who are trying to bite each others faces off for the entire duration of the match or players who are so angry they’re sweeping so hard the brooms snap in half. That ties into rule three, the brooms are designed to be extremely fragile and designed to snap into jagged pieces, this means that you’re able to stab your opponent in an attempt to deny them points.

[Image: S38oOt3.png][Image: of1yZSs.png]
[Image: JzmdDrE.png]

Hockey Prompt

Ethan Duncan has become bored of playing forward and scoring so many points so he has decided it is time for a change. The aging skater played for many seasons for the Baltimore Platoon as a center before he moved over to play on the wing, but has decided to train in the hopes of becoming a star defenseman for his new team, the Winnipeg Aurora. Duncan has hired a new personal trainer who has helped him deal with many new challenges, drilling him on positioning, especially during two on ones, on how to perfect his shot from a distance, and make crisp tape to tape passes through the neutral zone. No longer will he float at the blue line waiting for the defense to get the puck out. Instead, he hopes to now help break up plays and send the team in the other direction and be a complete defenseman. He hopes that all of these things impress the coaching staff and that he can play top minutes for likely the last time on a team that is heading very quickly in the right direction.

186 words

[Image: CAu3g3c.png]

[Image: zS2lCMp.png]  [Image: oMh09WY.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wu5MVvy.png]  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

Ricky Koivu has spent the offseason working hard on his all around game so that he can be the best he can be for Anchorage ahead of this important upcoming season for them. He wants to be a more effective two way player for Anchorage, and be one of their top point scorers this upcoming season. When he was drafted second overall by the Philadelphia Forge, Ricky was very highly touted for his exceptional defensive prowess and hockey IQ for his age. However, he feels like if he really wants to be an impactful player well worthy of that draft position, he needs to improve his game in terms of putting points on the board. He anticipates getting some time on the powerplay for Anchorage this season and will likely also have top line duties, so given that it will likely be his last season in juniors, he wants to use this opportunity to perfect his game as much as he can before coming up. (166 words)

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

Going into an offseason in Tampa Bay, Foley only has two goals to achieve in the offseason. One, get the sickest tan known to man. We're talking going to the beach in overalls to get a south beach farmers tan. In Edmonton, or his hometown of Calgary, a mans could never dedicate himself to tanning. but in Tampa there is too much sun NOT to get tan with. Foley is going to capitalize on that sun big time. The other offseason goal is to perfect EDM as a performer. It's a long-standing sitch out in the SHL world that Foley digs music. He has rocked a band with former teammate Conner Hutton way back in the day, but coming into his Miami Vice era Foley wants to truly capitalize on the style. While he has always loved techno stylings he wants to truly take it to the next level via mastery of the vibes the pro's in the field put out. Who are the pros? Fuck if I know, EDM is a foreign concept to me. But Foley, Foley wants to master it.

[Image: mazatt.gif]

[Image: KhdDH3Q.png] [Image: q4PM2XX.png]

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: kyamprac1.gif]
thank you amid, swoosh and eni for sigs! <3