Create Account

S72 SMJHL PT #2 - Season Preview

Detroit is a rebuilding team coming off a tough finish last year. I would estimate that there are 2 goals. First is a better showing this season. I think the ceiling would be a postseason berth, but their division will be tough. Second is growth and planning for the future. The team saw a lot of turnover on the top forward line, and we are likely going to see some more next year. It will be important to fill out future gaps in the roster with young talent. With that in mind, here are some players to look out for this season.

C Trevor Lahey – The newly crowned captain of the Falcons has started out hot with 5 points in 4 games. Centering the top line and wearing the C are huge responsibilities, so much of the team’s success will be determined by the American.

LD Gavin Harrison – A rookie defenseman who is immediately impacting Detroit’s blueline. Gavin shows a lot of promise on a team always looking for someone to step up.

LW Kenny Omega – This winger will be looking to add some secondary scoring for a Detroit team who has taken on a more defensive identity this year. How much production can the Falcons get from their rookies this year?

[Image: 88pk1Hz.png]

The Colorado Raptors are underdogs this season. Everyone knows that.  With the amount of rookie this team has and the low TPE compared to the the rest of the league, the season will be an uphill climb. Center Shorsey Wobet and Defender David Anderson are going to be the the high TPE core leaders. But whether or not this teams lives or dies this depends on how quickly the rookie develop.Left wing Jussi Mutou and right wing Xavier Beausoleil will be the major rookie scoring threats. But It will be on the blue line where the many S73 rookie will have the biggest impact. Nik Smith, Liam Rodgers, Update Portal, and Valerija Serapin are the core defenders that will be the back bone to any Raptors success this season. Other solid contributer to the Raptors' success include defenders Antoine Gauthier, Foggy Nelson and Drew Sureshot. The Raptors are underdogs this season but this core should be skilled enough to take a bite out of some contenders.

The Newfoundland Berserkers are coming off another finals appearance although they were unable to win. The Newfoundland Berserkers are now a younger team after losing a lot of their core players to the Simulation Hockey League. The Newfoundland Berserkers are likely going to be a middle of the pack team or possibly a bottom end team if there developing players do not develop like they think they will.

Goaltender Rhett Carpet is going to be the main piece for the Newfoundland Berserkers this season. Rhett is going to have to be a wall in goal to keep the young team in games, if Rhett can steal some games the Berserkers may surprise teams. If Rhett is not at the top of his game every night the Berserkers could be in for some rough nights.

Defenseman Mit Wobet is another key veteran who is going to have to carry a lot of the defensive load as well as some offense from the back-end to help keep the puck out of the net. Wobet is a pretty good offensive defenseman so he will need to be really good for the Newfoundland Berserkers to have success.

Rookie defenseman Ondrej von Stoodrick is another name who is crucial to the Berserkers now but also in the future. Young defenseman in the SMJHL can have a tough go so Ondrej von Stoodrick will need to be on his game but he is pivitol to the Berserkers future as well. The Berserkers are hoping this first gen player can carry the torch in the future as they have had success with many first gens recently.

Code:
230 Words

[Image: tylard13.gif]
Made by Rindiee, rum_ham & Carpy

Jacob Mueller S5-S
Julien Dupont S6-S13
S9 Challenge Cup - Calgary Dragons
IIHF Gold - Germany
Rufus Reinhart S13-S24
S14 Challenge Cup - Texas Renegades
Christoffer Björnsson - S25-S35
S25 Four Stars Cup
S26 Tom Corcoran Trophy - SMJHL Top Goalie

Sami Owens - S36-S52
S38 IIHF Bronze - Canada
S39 IIHF Gold - Canada
S42 IIHF Silver - Canada
S51 Challenge Cup Champion - HAM

Liam Slate - S54-Present
S53 WJC Bronze - British Isles
S54 WJC Silver - British Isles
S55 Four Star Cup Champion - Newfoundland Berserkers
S57 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S58 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S60 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S61 IIIHF Gold - Great Britain
S67 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
S68 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
Triple Gold Club

PBE Affiliate

[Image: rm2.png?ex=661824aa&is=6605afaa&hm=6885c...6e2d79654&]

Elk Regina Elk  Elk
Regina is heading into the season as a contender. It is expected that they will make the playoffs, but it is yet to be seen how far they will go in the playoffs.

Crucial player #1 : Mercedes Bayle
Bayle will be the main, go-to Goal Scorer for the Elks. In a crucial game, fans will look to Bayle to score that one, crucial goal.

Crucial player #2 : Ally Mathieson
Mathieson is the number 1 goalie on the Elks roster. In the preseason, we already saw Mathieson have a shutout, Elk fans will be rooting for more of this Mathieson Magic.
As of today, Mathieson has already posted their first shutout of the regular season.

Crucial Player #3 : WILLOW SODERBERG-SNOOKS
Soderberg-Snooks lead the Elks in DGR (Defensive Game Rating) in the pre-season and expect the same in the regular season. Soderberg-Snooks is the#1 Elks defenseman.

[Image: rGE8JTw.png]
Ty to Eni's Sig Shop
[Image: 2UUYSbn.png]
ty to ragnar

The Yukon malamutes had a great preseason going 5-1-1 I believe. I personally didn't perform very well as I didn't get updated till the last two preseason games where I posted 4 point in 2 games. I have high expectations for the malamutes and believe we should be a playoff team despite the poor start to the regular season. I believe our team strength is out Defense. Our defense is lead by Angry chicken and Sydney. I believe it is both chicken and Sydney's last year in junior and I expect having one of these two defensive defencemen on your top two defense lines will go a long way into shutting down other teams top scores. My third player to watch this year is Wong the leftwinger. Wong is the captain and also in his last year of his junior career. I expect Wong to help lead the teams offence and help carry a rookie center in his first year.

[Image: ThkcuFb.png]
[Image: e4CexU0.png]

WRITTEN OPTION:

First off, the Kelowna Knights have come into this season expecting to be in the early stages of a rebuild. A team full of Rookies ready to make their mark and bring about a new era in franchise history. The first person I wanna bring up is indeed 1 of these rookies.

Arthur Kaliyev lead Kelowna in their 7 Preseason games as their only double digit point scorer with 12. 2 of these were shorthanded goals. The strong winger was also a physical force with 20 hits. Showing he is ready to uphold the traditions of Kelowna's physical game. A game that finds parallels in the NHL's Bruins, Old Flyers, and Blues. Keep your eyes out for Arthur during the upcoming season.

Next lad up is Rocky Orwell. Mans was the picture of the complete Defenseman during the preseason. In 7 games he was point per game. Good for 3rd on the team. Earning points during each phase of the game. (5v5, PP, and SH). Additionally went 6-1 in Takeaways to Giveaways. Showing he has his eye out to break up the play with that stick. On the Physical side of things, his 18 hits are not to be taken lightly and he lead the team in shots blocked with 25. Laying his body on the line in preseason, PRESEASON.

Finally. a shout out to our S73 rookie class who makes up a good chunk of the team and in important positions too. Preseason showcased 2. David Soupre, and
Jonas Salat. Who rounded out the top 5 scorers in those 7 games and have looked very comfortable playing on the 3rd line. Making the most of their limited Ice time with 6 points each. If these rookies can keep it up, let alone encourage the others on the team to take that next step, Kelowna could become a surprisingly early threat.

[Image: CptSquall.gif]

(This post was last modified: 08-02-2023, 09:34 PM by Arayvenn. Edited 1 time in total.)

The St. Louis Scarecrows are in the middle of a legit cup window. They are 2nd only to Vancouver in TPE and have managed convincing wins against some top teams early in the season, most notably Maine this week. Dominik Winters is likely to lead our team in scoring as one of the most offensively gifted forwards on the team. James Ward-Prowse is off to a fantastic start and is playing exceptionally well at both ends of the ice. Easily the best offensive start he has had in his career posting a staggering 84 OGR. I'll give my last shoutout to another forward, Marshall Madden, who boasts the team's highest DGR (80) while consistently chipping in offensively (11 points in 11 games). 

With some savvy GM work as the season progresses there's no reason to believe St. Louis can't compete come playoffs. And there's already been some savvy GM work, picking up Axel Hämäläinen may be just what the Scarecrows needed to push them over the edge.

[Image: qqfzCsq.png]

While Newfoundland already has a high quality roster, they also brought in a stellar crop of rookies that they will be expecting high production from. Starting off with Sad Ketchup, the high flying rookie is already smashing the scoring category with 13 points in 10 games, which is outstanding for someone in their first season. On the flipside, while Ondrej von Stoodrick might not be lighting up the scoring categories it is hard to deny that the young defenseman is not playing a key role as a depth defenseman specializing in keeping the puck out of our zone. Lastly, veteran forward Erik Erikson maintains our leadership presence in the locker room, putting up a fantastic 17 points in 10 games and giving the younger guys a solid foundation to help them grow and develop. With talented veterans and a promising crop of rookies, Newfoundland will certainly be a team to look out for in this upcoming season.

artermis,Feb 2 2017, 04:11 PM Wrote:9gag pretty lit tho

[Image: image.png?width=510&height=670]

Xavier Beausoleil
Patriotes
Position RW
Height : 6.5ft
Weight : 236lbs
[Image: Takk806.gif] [Image: sf4IwSc.gif]

I see Maine being an absolute steam roller once again this season with Southpaw at the helm. I see Regina and Newfoundland as being the real competition for the season and post season run. Maine will be relying on their hefty first line of Nathan Cormier, William Tree, and Iliket Urtles. That line alone makes up 29 goals out of just 14 games. The kicker is that even the second line is posting large goals as well. So not only is the first line producing a hefty amount, they have depth to go along with all of it. The Defense shouldn't be taken lightly either, as the team has been able to bring on shutdown defensemen since the forwards are able to produce so much, they dont need the help from offensive defensmen. So not only are they lethal at the front, they are punishing to any team entering their defensive zone.

[Image: d2EaZfr.png]
Former Player

PBE Affiliate PT

[Image: RaidTheArcade.gif]

I want to say that this season has been fun so far and basically on Detroit we been well not doing so well but that ok. One of are main contributors Trevor Lahey so far he has 6 goals and 6 assists in 17 games which is currently the best for are team. He is passionate and he bring out the best of us not just as a player but as mentor to us younger players their no way I be doing this we’ll without him. Another players I like to talk about are Apollo Peed he took over the place over are starter after a situation happen and he has really inspired me as in his new role he got his first shoutout and lead team to a second win. The third player I would love to talk about is Arron rogers no not baseball. This player may not put up point but he what make the locker room a healthy one and will leads his team to victory.

PBE affiliate

PBE AFFILIATE
Timber Timber Timber Timber Timber
Timber Timber Timber Timber Timber