Create Account

Who is he? It's him!

Hello all SHL members. This is the first opportunity to meet with Latvian defencemen Jānis Vītols.

Interview Hello Jānis!

Hello!

Interview First question will be, how you became a hockey player?

First of all this story how I became a hockey player is very interesting, how all people who born very tall are so lame and all kids was making fun of me, I played a lot of "mind" games chess and checkers. The winter come, on the lake there was ice, I Wear my skates and go on the ice. I fall, I haved a head injury, and I said to dad! "Please Dad I can play hockey?" He said yes!

Interview Is there been any special moments in your life, on the ice?

Yes there was, I was born in Azerbaijan, and when I haved 5 years I moved to my fathers home side Latvia. When I enter the High School I move back to Azerbaijan, and play hockey there in "midget" league. In my rookie season, I was named a "Rookie of the year", "Best League Defencmen" and "Midget league most valuable player" and my team lifted the "midget" league cup.
That is what I call a special moment in hockey so far.

Interview Yesterday you logged in SMJHL Draft, How you feel?

I feel in two ways, one is in positive, one is in negative. Positive side is that I know that the level I will play now, and I was playing last season is better. I can now feel comfortable in the field, my overall ratings compared last year is better. I now pass more puck, I can shot, I can check, but negative side is that, if I will not be able to hold this level where I play? I will feel that I let anybody down in my country, who supported me all the time, my father, family, all. But if I will be success I will have a feeling, that I can play in this level, and be in a higher level, when the time will go.

Interview Is there been any talking with other GM?

No, I have not talked to any GM, I will wait draft, who will draft me then I will only start thinking about some contact with GM. Not now.

Interview Few guys said that you are a "trash talker" you like to intimidate all players with your "trash talking" is that correct?

Yes I like it because, when I was young all kids intimidate me with those words what they use to abuse me, and that makes me sad, but on the hockey court, I'm another/different person, I like to play a aggressive style game, I like to hit peoples and I all the times do that "trash talk" stuff.

Interview What is Your goal in this league?

Get drafted, have a good rookie season, win the league, and when the time will come to be in the SHL team, get drafted and become a champion there.

Interview Thank you Jānis, good luck in the draft.

Thanks man!

good luck in the draft Cheers

Junior Latvian Beast!!

Good luck in the draft man!!!

[Image: 57879_s.gif]
[Image: 37742_s.gif]
[Image: jov7Yk9.png]

"“HA HA! THIS GAME WILL NEVER END! I POSSESS THE SOUL OF EVERY GOALIE ON TEAM B!! CREW 4 LIFE!! SIGN WITH EDMONTON FOR THE CUP!!!” cackled Belial as he placed a Fedora on his head."
SMJHL Commisioner S17-S26
Calgary Dragons GM S14-S23

labs raksts, cerams tiksi draftēts Monreālā Wink

Nice read man, hope you'll get drafted to Montreal Wink