Create Account

S66 PT #0: Passion Project

Over the offseason, Graj Virrok's plan to improve his game is kind of simple but is also incredibly difficult. Over the offseason, he changed positions from goalie to defenseman, and as a result, he is having to re-learn his new position. He is quite good at intercepting the puck, and his reaction times are very good - however, he is having a very difficult time learning how to not block shots with his glove. His first practice, the coach whipped a shot at the goal and Graj went to catch it, which was a very bad mistake. The puck glanced off of his thumb and did miss the goal, but it was a very painful experience that Graj never wants to experience again. He has wrapped his hand in large amounts of athletic tape and gotten a glove with extra padding to help, and he is getting better, but it's still a journey for him to go on to get to the point of being a truly good defenseman. Hopefully he will have broken the habit by the time the season starts!

[Image: laser.png]

[Image: Virrok.png]
Thanks to EAB and sulovien for the sigs!

Hockey Prompt

Daryl Urquhart is definitely not a prototypical SHL Defenseman when it comes to his physical build. Certainly not the biggest, tallest, most muscular. He set out to be more of a puck mover, being a nuisance from the point on power plays etc. His time in St Louis, however, changed up the way he plays hockey. Ever the team player, when they realised they were haemorrhaging goals, the coaches asked him if he would learn to play more defensively. This has continued into his time in the SHL. As a More defensively minded player, he now sees special teams time on the penalty kill, not the power play. This off season, he has been working on his strength, to let him be more of a physical presence at the blueline. He’s a natural underdog, so letting others look at him and think ‘he ain’t so big’, before he turns them inside out with a big check, is extremely satisfying!

[Image: A3AlstA.png]

Hockey Prompt

With a very long off season come hard training with the beautiful game of hockey patches really decided to work on his ability to not only lock it down on the defensive side but really focus on how he find and controls the game on the attack, to help with the in game feel he gathered some of his friends on Yukon, such as Billy Blazes and Reed Kobo and goalie Isabella Bouchard and went into a 3 on 3 ball hockey tournament and really work on their chemistry together, after they had a fantastic day and had lots of fun and surprisingly winning the tournament, patches off season work was only just beginning day after day he put in endless effort to take himself and Yukon to the next level and contend for a cup with the team looking to be in their prime, as his off season time slowly came to an end it was time for him to keep his head down and take on the pre season to get the in game feeling to an all time high and be ready for the intensity shown from everyone.

193 words

[Image: qlfNSs6.png][Image: tfifKNV.png]
[Image: d9J5DHT.png][Image: 16PgOBm.png]

[Image: CXrxOKM.png][Image: CXrxOKM.png]

[Image: jO2Di2N.png][Image: jO2Di2N.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-17-2022, 04:49 PM by hockeyiscool. Edited 1 time in total.)

Dwight Knight has a lot of passion projects, recently he has gotten into the hobby of identifying wood. Ever since Dwight was in the dentist office a book caught his attention. It was the wonderful work of R. Bruce Hoadley Titled "Identifying Wood: Accurate Results with simple tools". This was riveting to Dwight. He asked to borrow this book to take home to fully immerse himself on the subject. He started in the kitchen looking around and saw that his cabinets were wood. Dwight then moved to his counters to see if there was anything there that was wood. Wouldn't you know that the knife block was also wood. Dwight felt that his world had opened up with this game changing read. With this new found power Dwight really decided to spice things up. He called over his buddy Sam to identify wood in the bedroom. It turns out there was wood all over the place.

156 words

Pass of PT

Drafted 2nd round 21st Pick by the Winnipeg Jets in S55 SHL Entry Draft 
GM of the UCORCAL in the WJC S55
S55 WJC Gold Medalist GM/Player for UCORCAL
Management Role for Russia in the IIHF
Recent Management Role / Head Coach for Winnipeg Aurora in SHL 
CO-GM St. Louis Scarecrows S57-S60
GM of the St. Louis Scarecrows S61-S72
S72 Challenge Cup Champion
[Image: 6JpC94j.png]
[Image: image0.png]
[Image: IMG_0301.jpg]

Harrington has recently gotten into painting. Many things have happened in his life, and he needed an outlet to express his feelings about those memories. Harrington unfortunately is not a very good painter, so they are pretty difficult, maybe even impossible for the average person to decipher. Common themes in the paintings include a small dark disc, which many believe to be a hockey puck, representing his current occupation as a hockey player. There is also a lot of monsters and general horror imagery, possibly a representation of his trauma from being attacked by otherworldly beings in his youth. There also i usually some kind of box on a stick, that seems to represent a camera. Harrington has spent much of his adult life in front of a camera as an actor, and as a hockey player. He has always been in the spotlight. Perhaps he has taken up painting for the peace and quiet he gets.

[Image: arTbD7O.png]

Germany Berserkers Stampede Stars Barracuda syndicate

ISFL Affilaite

[Image: gill.png]

ISFL Affiliation

HOCKEY PROMPT

Slip McScruff's offseason training project is learning how to age gracefully.  This past season, his old age affected his ability to read both the offensive and defensive sides of the game, plus his overall strength took a hit.

His theory is that both aspects of his reading ability is due to a decline in eyesight.  Therefore he is eating a cartoonish amount of carrots and speed reading encyclopedias at twilight into dusk.  He is applying a physical workout methodology to eye strength because the strain of reading in degrading light conditions must mean that his eyes are actually getting stronger.  It isn't possible that his eyesight could get any worse from this activity.

For his strength, he is resorting to spinach and protein powder.  Now, he has another gamebreaking theory about efficiency.  See, most people have protein powder alongside a workout.  But clearly the workout is using up all the protein, so he skips the workout to reserve the protein for his muscles.

[Image: scrufdaddy2.gif]
credit to Flappy, ToeDragon, and Carpy

Patriotes Stars Panthers Platoon Specters Platoon Panthers Specters Aurora Jets Usa Scarecrows

[Image: Tqabyfh.png][Image: UDyqktK.png][Image: 1DL5JDX.png]

World of Warcraft is one of Tom Holberg's favorite games. He enjoys playing it and blogging about it during his down time between seasons. He has been a fan of the game for many years and enjoys sharing his passion for it with others. He's been playing World of Warcraft since early 2004 and has been through all the expansions. He has played on many servers, including retail, private servers, and even classic servers. He has also been a part of the World of Warcraft community for many years and has made many friends through the game. Tom's favorite thing about World of Warcraft is the community. He loves the friends he has made through the game and enjoys helping others in the game. He is also a big fan of the lore and enjoys reading and learning about the history of the game.

He has even been known to get up early on weekends to play WoW before his family wakes up. If you're a fan of World of Warcraft, then you should definitely check out Tom's blog. He regularly posts about his adventures in the game and shares tips and tricks with his readers. He is an active member of the WoW community and is always happy to help others in the game.

[Image: cd6sM5U.gif]
arigato to everyone for the dope sigs <3

| Updates | Player Page |

player prompt

Jimmy Wagner's passion projects have always been centered around the arts and expression. From his early days enjoying different genres of dance to his acting side-career that went from cameos to full roles in films and TV shows, Jimmy has always had a knack for the arts. With no projects scheduled for this offseason, and the SHL golf scene being a bit quiet this summer, Jimmy decided to take up more traditional arts. It's been a slow process, but Jimmy and Kate have spent a lot of time this summer painting, and while Kate has dipped more into ceramics, her husband has found a joy in expressing his memories and emotions of a decade of SHL hockey in paintings that feature some of the demons that he, his teammates, and others across the league have faced. While he's reluctant to sell any, there may be some on the market this season for mental health awareness.

155 words

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

My players non hockey passion is league of legends. Man do I love (tommi koivu) to play the game of league of legends. It is very fun to play and I don not ever get tired of playing it. I play with my friends Widepeepohappy, Tommy, B Jobin, Paul Koivu, Ben Waters Jr., and so many other players in the league we play together. I am a challenger player and I main Kai'sa. This is my fantasy so i get to say whatever rank I want. I am challenger and will be playing with Faker soon. Me and Faker are going to join the simulation hockey league together. He is a pretty cool guy and I like him. He loves siumulation hockey and I love league of legends. My freind Tommy loves to steal Cs from me then tell me I'm bad names. He is so funny. He is our jungler and he loves to gank all the time!

[Image: rotti.gif]

Hockey prompt
I would like to add some more speed and agility to my player's arsenal. I feel like I am a bit too slow and lack the ability to change directions quickly. I would also like to improve my shooting accuracy. I feel like I tend to shoot wide or high more often than I should. I know that I need to put in the work to improve these areas of my game if I want to make a big impact next season. I will start by working on my speed and agility. I will do some sprints and agility drills to improve my quickness. I will also work on my shooting by practicing my form and accuracy. I will make sure to get a lot of reps in so that I can improve my consistency. I know that if I can improve these areas of my game, I will be a more effective player next season.

[Image: sig-500500.png][Image: ALFaRJc.gif]

[Image: lIYTYDN.png][Image: tCcIWQC.png]

[Image: seal1.png]

Boom Stick is really, really, really into horror movies and guns. He wants to re-watch the entire Halloween movie series, and Michael Meyers is 100% his favorite horror villians. Now that he lives in the United States, he continues to assemble an impressive gun collection, frequently clean them, store them, purchase more, go hunting, and go to the firing range. He says that the use of guns encourages him to work a lot on his slap shot, and that the impressive power and aggression of an armed weapon's bullet is a reminder to the type of aggression and power that he wants to put into his own play, as well. Boom Stick enjoys his alcohol, and wants to head on a trip where he visits every single bar inside of Nevada (which is probably around the 100,000 range, so good luck with that Boom Stick) and expand the liquor cabinet as much as possible. He's such a fun guy, right?

oh man tommy westbrook (but this time i upd loves to hunt. hes been doing all his life and boy does it get him excited. he usually likes to go out late at night and hide behind some bushes looking for his prey. prey veries from pigs to like other kind of mammals. hes very good at shooting them just like his hard shot in hockey. it is in his blood he is a shooter and shooters shoot. it is also good to just unwind after a long and hard hockey season. and hunting gets him to relax like nothing other, except maybe like bee keeping. where you can get a lot of honey and then make it into honey jars and sell it to the local community. it is a good side hustle and he also likes to read books and lie down at the beach looking at the water. what a fun offseaon

[Image: TommyWestbrook.jpg]
[Image: UznKCpb.png]