Create Account

S68 PT #3: Celebrate Good Times Due: December 11th @ 11:59 PM (PST)

I have been waiting for this, I haven’t but I’m trying to make you feel better. Now after each win by the Buffalo stampede at home, a live Buffalo will be let on the ice. Kind of like the sooner wagon in Oklahoma, just after the game not before. It would be awesome. Best case scenario is the Buffalo runs around with its handlers, crowd cheers, they run off the ice.
Bestest case scenario, Buffalo runs on the ice and the handlers can’t get their edges and all hell breaks loose. Just a Buffalo running around the ice whipping it’s handlers around like a freaking flail from hell. Maybe, get some real rodeo clown types and set them on fire, that would make it more hellish. I don’t think that’s the point but it will get you on sports center. Either way, win win. Everything’s fine, or everything isnt who gives a fuck.

[Image: Fantobens.gif]

Wheel, snipe, celly boys! On very special occasions, like after a home shutout win, the Kelowna Knights team will orchestrate a full-sized joust on the ice. This will use defense/goalies as the "horses", forwards as the "knights" and sticks as the lances. The arena will show spotlights down on the two sides of the joust and they'll play a full round robin. The winner of the joust will then be crowned by the head coach, and there will be 20% off jersey sales for jerseys of the winning player. As always, there will be merch tosses and meet-and-greet afterward, so the fans can get an opportunity to meet the players they love seeing on the ice. The players are working on the choreography of it now, so make sure you buy plenty of tickets and get bums in seats so you don't miss a home shutout win and the spectacle that will follow!

159 total words

Knights Update Thread Knights 

Knights Player Info Knights

Code:
Written Task: What wacky, fun, exciting new post-game celebration do you come up with? Are there fireworks? Mascots? Props? What's everyone's role? Do you change it up a little bit every night, or do you want it to be consistent so that the fans know what they have to look forward to? (150+ words)

The new post-game celebration that I have come up with for the Philadelphia Forge is that after wins at home we would bring out a long table to center ice and randomly chosen fans from the stands could participate in a cheesesteak eating competition. Whoever wins the competition would get a game worn jersey from the Forge player of their choice. It could get pretty messy out there with all the cheese and meat flying around so we would probably have to lay some tarps down underneath the large table so that the ice surface doesn't get too jacked up. We would probably need to secure some sort of sponsorship from a sandwich shop to keep doing this after every win but we definitely aren't going with either Pat or Genos because they are lame tourist traps. We could give the contestants Forge branded bibs and stuff so that their jerseys and clothes don't get all ruined and then the people who don't win could get a coupon for the sub place that sponsors the eating competition. In the end everyone wins here.

187 words

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

[Image: fijiwin.png]
we dont win often but when we do its good

[Image: izzy.PNG]

Hockey Prompt

I remember Ovechkin scoring a goal to complete his third 50 goal season and then dancing around his stick like it was hot. The media, especially Don Cherry had a lot to say about it and I felt like I was conditioned to not like that sort of thing. It wasn't professional, was showboating, and went against everything hockey stood for. Fast forward to today and celebrations are starting to be a lot more common and it's added a lot of character which I think plays a small part in marketing the game. The league needs its superstars to have personality and to shine and so long as players aren't being assholes about it, it doesn't delay the game, and the celebrations arent being directed at the opposing team and players then by all means they should celebrate. Maybe not the goals that come in landslides but if its a milestone, or a huge goal completing a come back then let them show their emotions!

[Image: CrazyMojitoSHL.gif]
Canada Blizzard Stars Citadelles Citadelles Stars Blizzard Canada 
[Image: d9J5DHT.png][Image: 16PgOBm.png]

Since our team is named the Aurora, we want to do something that has to do with that. Unfortunately, hockey players on the ice can hardly mimic an aurora borealis, but we can do a lot of stuff that can look pretty cool and has something to do with interstellar stuff. For example, we can have the lights turned to aurora colors and waves on the ice, and then all players lay on their backs and assume the star position so we are all kind of like stars in the sky during an aurora borealis. We can do that to the sound of the Twinkle Twinkle Little Star to make it family friendly, the kids will love it. The players might not, because it is very slow song and it does not really get you pumped after a huge win, but at this point you should just go to the locker room, get cleaned and go to bed so who even cares about getting pumped up after a game.

[Image: lespoils.gif]

[Image: pointtask.png]

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

Creative Prompt:

The Edmonton Blizzard are keen on bringing their team identity to life after a big win on home ice, and what better way to do that than to create an actual blizzard inside the arena? Throughout the game, snow machines hidden inside the roof will be busy building up an avalanche in waiting, until the final buzzer sounds and the home team takes the win, at which point the roof will open up to dump a mountain of snow down on the players, who will reenact their favorite childhood memories as they skate around building snowmen and having snowball fights. Goaltender Justin Time insists on continuing to protect his crease even after the game, though, shoveling snow with his goal stick and building the biggest snow fort imaginable until the entire net is protected by a two foot thick wall of snow and ice. Rumor has it he's looking forward to testing his new snow fort against the zamboni when it attempts to clean the rink after the game.

[Image: RAmenAmen.gif]
sig credit: Ragnar, Sulovilen, Enigmatic, Bayley
[Image: kcP9WEd.png] [Image: DNLeeu0.png] [Image: DKMMlC3.png]
[Image: RAmenAmenPride.gif]

Hockey Prompt

I think the state of celebrations is in a good spot right now. Most players are very aware of the context of their goal and change their celebration depending on what's appropriate. Did they just score the game-winning goal in overtime against their biggest rivals? Or did they score the 5th goal in a blowout? One of these situations definitely demands a noteworthy celebration while the other is often recognized in a low-key way. It's also nice to see players do unique things by recognizing the importance of special goals or making callbacks to previous events of the game. Two that are especially common are throwing the monkey off the back after ending a long drought or making the "goal" action with their arm if a previous goal was called off. These types of celebrations always add a nice touch to every game and I see no reason why the culture around celebrations should change any time soon.

[Image: Keven.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic, @Matteo, @sulovilen, @zeagle1, and @TheOPSquid for all the sigs!
Czechia Malamutes Rage Czechia
Canada Citadelles pride syndicate

When Edward Elric finally reaches the Simulation Hockey League level he wants every goal he scores to celebrate with maximum grandiose. We are talking all the works, we want fireworks, we want explosions, we want cannons, we want the crowd getting into it, maybe even use the zamboni as a prop for his celebration and we are even talking a skate to center ice where we do the classic soccer celebration, the knee slide. Yes sir you already know we are going all out with no holding back for anyone else. To help get the crowd into it, maybe we call up our mascot, Wolfie, and fire some t-shirt cannons away to get the crowd more heavily into it and while we are doing all this let us play some Metro Boomin throughout the arena to get everyone super hyped up and excited for the goal. Metro simply does not miss and his track with The Weeknd would simply get everyone excited for the next time Edward Elric would score

[Image: jackkanoff.gif]

[Image: jeffiesigs.gif]
Nour is pretty hot ngl

Hockey and to an extent baseball seem to be the only major sports that don't have a huge team celebration after the team scores some points outside of game winners of course, and even then it's just a throw of the gloves or a big team huddle and pats on the back. I've always wanted something a little bit more, since hockey goes a bit overboard on the fighting aspect of things haha! I want to see celebrations as big and as monumental as some of the fights we've seen. I know people are wearing a lot of padding but you can stop the game for a minute or two to allow a team to do a quick choreographed dance, or a jump into the crowd for high-fives to the tens of thousands of adoring fans. I'm certainly not going to deny a well deserved pat on the back can mean just as much, but there isn't much to see there!

Code:
161 Words

Did Ya Get It?

[Image: OwNf3O9.gif]

Creative Prompt
The Chicago Syndicate now will go for a dip in Lake Michigan after every home game with any fans who want to join, no matter the temperature.
[Image: ROkxmT0.jpg]

[Image: ScottyFresh3.gif]
[Image: QFNCFWS.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: 6QlU4ci.png]

Celebrations are the best part of hockey because that's when the player and fan is most connected. The relationship many fans have with their favourite team is a special bond for most die hards, and it can bring immeasurable joy to fans when a large accomplishment has been met (winning a playoff round for Leaf fans as an example). When players go all out when experiencing a team or personal achievement, it only solidifies the fact that they are fully invested in their job. I can think of Alex Ovechkin's hot stick celly as an example; it was clear that Ovechkin was jubilated to reach the 50 goal milestone, something that he shares with all Capitals fans I am sure. So when the Hurricanes perform their next Storm Surge, please don't call them a Bunch of Jerks... unless of course you are one of their fans, in which case celebrate with your Jerks as much as you want!

[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] [Image: zmWhIQu.png]

CREATIVE PROMPT: Written

The lights go out. The crowd begins to hush. Movement is happening from the ice crew. One light shines at the entrance to the home team bench. An enormous, life-sized whale animatronic opens it's horrifying mouth as smoke begins to rise. Green and blue lights and lasers begin to flash all over the place as Brass Bonanza blares over the speakers. The crowd goes wild. The players sit on the ice, and one by one, paddle their sticks like a raft and shovel their way into the gaping maw of this beast. The captain heaves his stick at it from the side, like a spear. And rallies his alternate captains to his side as they give chase in a little inflatable boat. But as they approach, they too are swallowed by the beast. The lights go out and when they come back, the Whale has submerged, taking the crew with it.

Or sometimes a few of the players will stay out and throw t-shirts to the fans for a couple minutes. Depends on the mood, I guess.

[Image: Flusso.png]
Sig by @Evil_AllBran

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]