Create Account

S73 PT#0: sus.jpg

In hockey we have the term short-handed when a team is down a player or more due to a penalty. Well, rather than giving a player a penalty, the penalized team has to play with all players having one hand/arm tied behind their backs until the penalty ends or until the opposing team scores a goal. This would almost certainly guarantee the opposing team has possession for the entirety of the powerplay and they will most likely score. This should significantly see the number of penalties reduce as teams would think twice before putting their whole team at a disadvantage while on the ice.

This would be hilarious watching a bunch of hockey players swatting at pucks and sticks with one arm without having the ability to properly clear pucks or make passes. It would add a very interesting element and would sure lead to some interesting tactics whenever your team gets a penalty.

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

An appropriate punishment for using ChatGPT hmmm this is an interesting one. Of course I would say you don't get the TPE for whatever you used it on but the actual punishment I say you dock -50 TPE from them immediately. But that's not it they get docked -100 next season and -150 the following so its a punishment that really effects them and their player. This is lowkey to far of a punishment and I know hella people would be mad over it but no one should be using ChatGPT in the first place. Players may retire early but I feel it's a good punishment and serious to where no one would want to use ChatGPT. Now something that you could throw out there is make them completely start over and send them to the starting 150 TPE but still in the same draft class as they are in already. So it's like a restart but not

[Image: image0.jpg?ex=65299025&is=65171b25&hm=98...06b0d1578&]

Prompt 2:

Using ChatGPT to do PTs is honestly something I had not considered, however, it is a heinous crime on par with kicking dogs and not booing the ref. The punishment for said crime should thus fit the severity. In my opinion, using ChatGPT to complete point tasks should result in immediate ban, and your entire bank account and banked TPE deposited into the account of user echlyrica/Crystal McLeod. I think that this would not only allow me to catch up for my period of inactivity during my Juniors career, but also serve as a fitting punishment for the crime. Furthermore, I believe that the more creative writers within SHL should get to do a series of Media pieces describing the SHL's Official Bounty Hunters busting down your player's door and dragging them kicking and screaming out into the street for public shaming. I believe by implementing these reforms, the SHL can effectively combat ChatGPT usage.

[Image: 8FnCVh9.jpg.]

[Image: XigYVPM.png]

[Image: UmZVJaz.png]
[Image: 6gdbFeP.png][Image: auXbs4O.png]
[Image: 1oMA17u.png]

In hockey and you gave it too me you would prolly come back with someone partying frantically all over the place each city all the boys partying all night fucking going wild it would be crazy fights in every city bars and than hockey and hangovers Jesus the Durkburgs are really somthing. For some reason my friend has been there for me since I was in diapers but the only thing the Durkburgs have done since making it too Kelowna is hockey and partying with his brothers and teammates this made his best friend Kenny from back home in Calgary was upset and unannounced too Durkburg has been in the pysatiteic ward for quite a few years. Well for most part I have no time I shouldn't of been only partying I should of seen if my friends were ok Daniel Durkburg thought too himself I will never let this happen again I promise you Kenny and the rule they both came up with is no Offsides.

Quote:
Citadelles

Option 1

Written Task: You are given the power to change or add one rule in hockey. What's the funniest rule change you can come up with?

First off, I am going to slightly stray off of the guidelines. In the NHL nowadays, there is a rule called the Instigator Rule. The Basis of it is to reduce fights, etc, as a person who instigates is taken for the penalty. But then think back to 80's hockey. Gretzky was one of the greats in the day, no doubt, but would he be as great if the Instigator Rule was in play? Anybody who tried to touch him on the ice knew that a split second after they did something to him Semenko was coming to take your head off. I just don't like the rule, I mean it makes sense, it would just be so much fun to watch, actually bringing back enforcers to the game, and all in all it would give skilled players like McDavid and especially Bedard as he is so small so much more space to show their true potential, as if somebody came in to hit them you know nurse is coming to cave your head in. Sorry about straying off of the subject I just had the opportunity on this and it is a firm belief of mine they should take this rule out. #BringBack80'sHockey

S72 Best Season of All Time
[Image: S72_IIHF_CHAMPS.png?ex=661c5898&is=6609e...height=662]      [Image: S72_4-STAR_CHAMPS.png?ex=661c5873&is=660...height=662]

OPTION 1 - WRITTEN TASK

I would probably change offside rule for one season in SMJHL and SHL. I think it would be interesting to see how teams are affected by the fact that there isn't offsides anymore. There would definitely be some teams who have specific players just sitting at the opponents net. We would definitely have some funny moments, bloopers and maybe even highlights from such episodes. I would say that it would make a game a bit more chaotic, but there would be much more goals and interest from viewers. There is no specific reason to do it thoguh. It would just be funny and a bit chaotic. And people like it. I am not sure of what other teams would think about it though. There would be some people who are against it, but I don't think that's a big problem. Get used to it like y'all did with some portal stuff or simming tool change or Twitter becoming a chirper.

160 words

Stars Stars Stars

Prompt 2:

Hmmm thats a great question.  Honestly, the funniest thing I can think of would be forcing the user to record themselves on a video typing out the exact prompt that the AI gave them.  You would have them position the camera in a way that would allow you to see their keyboard and screen so you could ensure they were actually typing it.  Then, you would add on another 50 words and make them type that.  This would be hilarious because now they have to do even more work than originally to get the same amount of TPE.  Or, a permaban.  But feel like the same level of severity.  But if this was an actual problem, we must remind ourselves of the three main facets of deterrence: Consistency, Severity, and Celerity.  Gotta be fast enough with the punishment for the user to associate it with the act, gotta consistently catch people in the act of doing it, and gotta make the punishment severe enough for it to be worth it.

[Image: murphy2.png]
[Image: NI78UUy.png?width=400&height=267]
[Image: Skree.gif]

Prompt 1

Hockey has been around for quite some time now and while there has been new rules added to help grow the game, I believe I could add a few more to really spice things up. Fighting is hot topic in hockey these days as some fans want more of it and some fans want to take it out of the game completely. While I'm on the side that hockey should involve fighting and lots of it, I would like to take this a step further. Introducing how long a player will sit depending on the fight. Simply, if a player wins a fight and successfully knocks the opposing player on the ground or out completely will receive no penalty minutes and will be able to stay in the game. The loser of the fight forfeits the right to play for the remainder of the period. Awarding the winner of the fight with something besides league cred would be fun to see. To further push fighting in the league, remove shootouts completely in regular season play and have goalies duke it out to determine who gets the extra point. Goalie fights are the best and we need more of them. This would be crucial to determine which goalie to start in net for overtimes as whoever is in net at the end of the overtime period must fight his/her counterpart at center ice.

Word Count: 233

[Image: takethehorizon.gif]
[Image: IdMkYiH.png]

[Image: NIYtQkE.png] [Image: NjFSX1z.png]

Written Task: You are given the power to change or add one rule in hockey. What's the funniest rule change you can come up with?

If given the power to change one rule in hockey, I'd make it so that every player must suit up in goalie gear. Every player can cross the red line, and play offensively, but all players can cover the puck at any time should they desire a whistle to blow the play dead. I think that many players' skating would benefit from this, and likely realize how difficult skating in goaltending equipment would be. Another rule I'd change is that the puck should be at least 5 times larger than it is right now, about the size of a basketball. Needless to say, if I was in charge, there would not be a whole lot of high scoring games. I'd also outlaw hitting, if a player weighs less than you. For instance, I would be allowed to hit a player if they are 200 lbs and I'm 195 Lbs, but not vice-versa. This would likely stimulate a UFC-esque weight cutting movement prior to every game. Combined with wearing goalie gear, this may be dangerous. (180 WORDS TOTAL, without PROMPT)

Option 1-

When people utilize Chat GPT, or whatever automated software, they are cheating the league. Take it as a hot topic or not, but it is 100% cheating in every sense of the word. Players get rewarded with TPE from spending our time writing tasks and other items to earn for our players, and by having a bot do the work, they are cheating. As for a punishment, I think the user should receive a 5% of their total bank fine, as well as a small suspension from earning TPE. I would say from a TPE suspension standpoint, if it is determined they have used Chat GPT on 1 occasion, or 15 occasions, they should lose DOUBLE the TPE that they earned from all writing tasks within those determined timeframes. Cheating is frowned upon as we are all here to have fun, if you don’t want to earn properly, feel free to retire your player and ride off into the sunset.

Code:
162 Words

ChatGPT is a tool that uses AI to write responses to prompts. The Artificial Intelligence takes the prompt and uses information that has been fed into it in order to answer as accurately as possible, without making errors. While still in it's infancy, ChatGPT tends to ramble on and repeat things when it uses it's AI to answer the prompts given. I think that to be an appropriate punishment, we would need to punish people by requiring them to write an accurate, error fee prompt response that rambles and repeats just as ChatGPT does. This will help people see the pain it is for graders to read responses to the prompts that, while error free, are repetitive and rambly to the point it seems as if an artificial intelligence has been the one to respond to the prompt. When they get to the point of their responses sounding like word salad, and are repetitive and long enough, while maintaining the error-free level, then they will be able to truly be free of their dependence on AI as they have now learned to be repetitive and ramble in response to a prompt, just as AI does.

Battleborn  Finland     [Image: QwTZD8C.png]   [Image: uJXrVDL.png]  [Image: iemKOIk.png]     Finland  Battleborn

[Image: ecaJZ6D.jpg]
[Image: flowseidon.gif]
[Image: PRedauw.png]

Well, we all knew that this was coming at some point. With the advent of new technologies, it is not a surprise that things would change even in our beloved SHL. While some technology is a welcome addition, like the new update portal system that should hopefully make life much easier for everyone, there are some technological advancements that do hamper the league. In the case of AI, it is unsurprising that folks would attempt to use the groundbreaking tool to make PT writing easier and seamless. In some cases, certain users in other leagues were leveraging ChatGPT to write their PTs for multiple seasons now. PTs are meant to be a sign of effort (and not even that much effort to be honest) so it is disappointing. The obvious punishments are taking the TPE away and a temporary suspension, but the users caught should also be required to join the PT grading teams and be in charge of manually reading all the PTs to check them for further AI abuses.

[Image: v71TGsT.gif]

option 2

for prior context the first time i ever used chat gpt was when my professor for my intro to poli sci methods class (just a month ago actually) said that we could use it to help us with certain things but not do it all ourselves. which leads me into using ai to write your PTs. in all honesty, i wish i had done it sooner; would've saved me time as i slogged through PTs that i personally despised. yet i still did it anyways because i'm all about that struggle. so, if anyone is discovered using chat gpt to write their pts, especially if it's one that they really don't like, they must type their point tasks, with ONE HAND, for the entire season. that's right. one-handed typing of pts for the whole season. that way, you're forced to actually do the pts and take legitimate time to do them

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

I have already been dealing with the Chat GPT problem in media posts, and it is tough enough to deal with there. For TPE tasks, I believe the punishment should be double the loss of TPE you would have gained, multiplied by infractions. Plus a one week posting ban. If they would like to get out of the ban early, then are free to send me 5 bucks, and I will see what I can do about the punishment. I will do nothing, but at least I will have some money to donate to our fundraisers. This may sound like pay to play/win, and in a way it is. But if that money goes to a good cause, I think I can forgive them a little bit. I mean if someone wants to send me 50 bucks to do less work in sim league you joined voluntarily, have at it. You don't have to be here if you don't enjoy it.

[Image: NOLA-oiduser.png]

Rules are rules?

First order of business in my reign as Head of the Rules Committee: All players are now required to wear skates on their hands and only wear a maximum of two skates. What does this mean for the future of hockey? Well, it means kids are going to have to start learning how to hold handstands and walk/skate with their hands and arms. Perhaps they will learn to hold a stick with their feet. Will it be bare feet? Will there be gloves made for feet? Will players opt to try and use their upper legs? It's completely open for discovery. General managers will now conduct tests on which prospects skate the best on their hands. And, for the short term, that may be the only thing that matters. Merely getting around will be the advantage while the old heads of the leagues will be incapacitated. Even if they don't accurately swing the stick with their feet, they're bound to get lucky sooner or later.

[Image: mmflex.png?ex=6587840c&is=65750f0c&hm=49...0873cbea2&]