Create Account

S76 PT #4: Changing Stripes Due: Sunday, May 5th @ 11:59 PM PST

I think the best referees are the ones that you don't know are there. The guys that make calls only when necessary, and call the game evenly. They let the players play, but step in before the game gets out of hand. They are always in the right spot, never accidently interfering with the play. Never wanting to make the game about themselves, they try to avoid being in the spotlight or get any attention. This referee is an utmost professional, never letting his emotions go as a player, coach, or entire arena berates him for a perceived missed or wrong call. Just out there to drop the puck and vibe. Like the kind of vibe where it could be a full on melee in the corner, but as long as they are playing for the puck it's fine. No harm, no foul. Just hockey players being hockey players. Just doing what needs to be done. Yeah, hockey.

Written Option 2:

Sven Holmberg

[Image: hexx55.gif]

[Image: mitochondriafigure1.jpg]
Player Page | Update Page

If Nathangus McExplosion had to leave Czechia, the team with the most affinity would probably be Great Britain, as his clone-dad Angus McFife originally came from there. His english heritage would surely mean he would be welcome in the old kingdom. However, it would be really weird to move back there as orgininally, Angus McFife joined Czechia after marrying a princess for the great land of Czechia and part of the union meant he would have to transfer to the team of the country otherwise there would have been huge diplomatic consequences as it would have broken the local tradition for royal familly hockey players. I also think this question for the PT is a bit limit like tampering. I would not want it to be interpreted as tampering so just as a disclaimer Nathangus has no interest in leaving Czechia as the team is full of promise and aims to win a medal soon and many more afterwards.

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

PBE (mattyice971)

Anna loves to represent her home country of Norway at IIHF events, but there are a couple of countries she would consider playing for. While she was born in Oslo, her family is from Denmark. Nikolai, her older brother was born there and played junior hockey there before the family moved to Norway right before Anna was born. She’s been to Denmark often to see her extended family and loves going to visit, so it wouldn’t be hard to convince her to play for Denmark if Norway was ever disinterested in having her on the team. The other option would most likely be Canada. Since being drafted by Quebec City first overall, and subsequently Calgary, Anna has grown very fond of Canada. While she doesn’t have citizenship quite yet, she is proud to call Canada home and would play for them in a world where Norway wasn’t playing in IIHF events.

[Image: Faelax.gif]
[Image: aroach.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png]    [Image: DNLeeu0.png]

Affiliate PT

[Image: pkHEmu9.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-05-2024, 11:09 PM by hockeyiscool. Edited 3 times in total.)

The standard requirements for being a hockey referee for the simulation hockey league is to have your head up your bum. When the fans are yelling from the stand asking, "where is your head at?" to a referee or something like "where are your eyes looking?" the answer to this age old question is up their arse. Some other important skills are being absent from the ice as they are always missing when it comes to an obvious high sticking or even some all out brawls. Many have come to the conclusion that in times like this the referees have gone to the corner store for some cigs or are picking up some milk. Some possible ways to improve the officiating in the simulation hockey league would probably have the officiating crew take a day out of their busy schedule and go visit a proctologist to aide in helping remove their own head from up there. 

[155 words]

(2) - I think the thing with referreeing is that it is all situationally dependant. SHL has the referee issue where it seems to always skew one direction or another, sometimes the ref is too easy and let's everything go and nothing is called (not good as skilled guys get MOGGED and are unable to operate in any sort of space, and thus making them much less useful), and on the flip side, you have refs that will simply call everything and anything that borders on an infraction (also not good, as then you are simply just playing passive, and not wanting to make any sort of play that could benefit your team, in fear of taking a penalty). i wish there was more consistent calls across the board, and that calls that prioritize player health are prioritized over other stuff, otherwise it may just be better off to let the players play, as they say!

“I thought I was a goalie, but STA told me forget being a goalie they make nothing, and no one cares about them.  Guess what I was a center all along and I had no idea. Now I am the toast of the town, and I am getting offers from all the GMs and Scouts.”

– Spidey Talent Agency, on Activity Check

Prompt 1

It's tough to say where else I'd go cause like, I already made the decision to dip on the U.S. and head to Latvia. The big motive there is picking up some playing time, and having a clear path to being on an IIHF roster.

If I had to make a pick on going to a different team in the IIHF I'd gotta say going back to the States. I feel a bit more confident, deeper into a career, that I'll get the TPE to make a dent on a good ol fashioned American team. Plus, Roger Murdock has to just love the states. He flies there for a living.

The only other spot that Murdock could consider playing for is Turkey (if they were to exist) so he could finally say he's seen the inside of a turkish prison. His old coworker used to talk about that all the time so like, why not. But sadly there is no Turkey, so being in the same land mass is going to have to be good enough for ol Rog.

[Image: mazatt.gif]

[Image: KhdDH3Q.png] [Image: q4PM2XX.png]

pbe pt

[Image: 75fL0ul.png]
credit to Qwest

Written Option 1: If for some reason you had to leave your IIHF nation today, which other IIHF nation would you choose to play for and why? An affinity for that nation, you like some of the players on it, their colors are cool, any reason is valid. If you’d outright refuse to play the IIHF tournament under a flag other than your current one, why?

If Sean Davies was told he could no longer play for the honorable Great Britian, he'd probably follow the historical route and try to join the US. He played four seasons in Anchorage for the Armada, and is in the midst of his 7th season in Boston with the Wolfpack. During his time in the SHL And SMJHL he's spent more time in the states than at home, so it would be a fairly easy transition for him. His fellow defenseman Pork Tenderloin could probably put in a good word or too for him, as well as former Anchorage teammate Dusty Rhodes - whose hard-hitting style Davies would be happy to reunite with. There is also the added bonus of the team colors being similar, so fans could probably get away with a cheeky duct tape job and not look too out of place, although that may not be the best idea. Of course Davies would much prefer to just finish his career as a proud member of the Great Britain national team. He's too old to be dealing with a change in citizenship gosh darn it!

Option 2:

Being a mid-level hockey official in real life I feel I am decently qualified to have an answer for this prompt. I currently officiate ACHA D1, Tier 3 juniors, and AAA youth so far in my officiating career (probably not going to go any higher than this level honestly). A good official in hockey is calm, cool, and collected. They treat each game in the same manner and officiate it to the best of their ability no matter the level of play. It's necessary to know the applicable rulebook in and out to ensure you are making correct calls throughout the game. A good official puts in as much as, if not more than, the players on the ice competing with each other. Positioning is an extremely important aspect of an official as well, if you notice the officials on the ice they are not doing a great job. As far as being a good referee in a simulation league, do whatever you want cause the sim seems to not care about any of this...

[Image: blix900.gif]

[Image: QwTZD8C.png][Image: iemKOIk.png]

If I had to leave my federation today I'd go with Sweden. I was actually going to transfer to Sweden originally but due to a technicality that was nixed. I'm really happy with Czechia though. I've always been a part of Czechia and I'm glad that the technicality came up. That said I would really like to be on a team with a lot of the people that are a part of Sweden at some point. Sweden's a cool country in real life and I think that it's fun to be a part of a historically good real life hockey country. The Red Wings are my favorite team and they have a huge history of Swedish players being a huge part of the organization. Lidstrom, Holmstrom, Zetterberg, etc. It feels like a great fit but you can't really argue with the history that I have with Czechia and the people that are on the team. It's like a family.

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

my player is pretty loyal to Ireland, especially after winning a world juniors gold and IIHF gold with my teammates. he would definitely not want to play any where else if he had the choice. But If I am looking at other teams to play for, I think the top choices would be sweden and germany. My player was born in germany, so it would definitely be fun to play for his home country. He never even got the chance to play for team DACH in world juniors because he transferred to ireland so early on. sweden would be fun to play for because my player has swedish descent in addition to being german. It would be nice to represent some family histroy in international hockey but he is definitely more than content to play for ireland who earned his loyalty. would be cool to play for USA too cause he has lived in the USA since being drafted to the SMJHL.

[Image: NYR73.gif]
sigs from @sulovilen @_Blitz_ @Ragnar and @enigmatic

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png] [Image: cEbgUph.png]

Code:
If for some reason you had to leave your IIHF nation today, which other IIHF nation would you choose to play for and why? An affinity for that nation, you like some of the players on it, their colors are cool, any reason is valid. If you’d outright refuse to play the IIHF tournament under a flag other than your current one, why?

I would be six feet under before I consider moving on from Sweden. Beyond the fact that we're just too good with all the gold wins, I have too much sentimental value to just up and leave. I first joined Sweden back when I joined the site in 2018, and it's just too hard to argue with the results that I've gotten with the squad throughout the years, including 3 gold medals. It was where I got started with my ill-fated GM career with their world juniors championship team, and have gotten to know many great people throughout the years, including, of course, our great co-commissioner Jess. It's been too much of a part of my life to just up and say "I would go to Czechia" or "I would go to Norway or Finland." All things considered, I'm not thinking about leaving anytime soon, and I hope it stays that way for a while longer.

[Image: MCP_.gif]
     [Image: ICON1.png][Image: lions-button-updates.png]

PBE affiliate

Thank you to @Revontulete for the sig! [Image: Edzus_Ozolins.png?ex=663422ef&is=6632d16...f173626fb&]