Create Account

Pivonka Bulks Up Ahead Of The Draft
(This post was last modified: 07-07-2018, 08:26 PM by Schultzy.)

Pivonka Bulks Up Ahead Of The Draft

Gone is the scrawny kid who could dangle and snipe. Gone is the five foot seven inch and one hundred seventy pound frame that would dart in between defenders. Gone is the old Pavel Pivonka that scouts saw. Gone is the forgetable prospect that wasn't on anyone's draft board.

Into Sunday's SMJHL Rookie Entry Draft is a new Pavel Pivonka the scouts don't know. The new and improved Pavel Pivonka that is an absolute beast of a player. The six foot five inch tall body carries a massive two hundred thirty five pounds of pure destruction. Pivonka is no longer the sniper with late game heroic possibilities. Pivonka is now the force that other teams prepare for before the puck even drops!

[Image: wilson-hit-ezgif-com-video-to-gif.gif]

Quote:"I want to be a player that impacts the game. A guy who can hit and carry the puck through the defense not just around them. I want to make the other team pay for keeping their heads down and I want drive the net hard. I'm more than just a grinder. I'm a destroyer who can score the big goals. I'm going out there every shift to try and score and if I don't have the puck then I'm going to go take it from someone. I think I have a lot to work on for sure, but I'm improving in the areas that matter most. I need to put some more power on my shot and I need to work on my hands a bit and I'm sure I will have to adapt to the game here and work on my positioning, but I know with my strengths I can succeed. I can hit, I can skate and I can play big minutes. That alone goes a long way and the rest of it will come in time. After training camp, I think I'll be in a good place and we'll see how the preseason goes."

With Pivonka's new frame and emphasis on playing a physically heavy game its clear that he's going to turn some heads but is it too little too late for the SMJHL Rookie Entry Draft? How many General Managers have already passed on the old Pivonka? How many still have doubts and questions about his commitment?

DOUBLE SMJHL MEDIA BONUS ELIGIBLE

[Image: 0QGickG.png]

Riot Player Page Riot
Militia Update Page Militia

Sounds like a future Mike Izzy... you can’t go wrong with that!

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

The in article gif, a veteran move.

I'll definitely start doing that.

[Image: 7eETdF8.png]
Falcons