Create Account

Leshaun King - Training with Viklund, Murphy and O'Hritea
(This post was last modified: 07-07-2018, 10:56 PM by King.)

Leshaun King - Train with
[Image: tumblr_olecombdtl1uc6ypfo2_500.gif?w=640]

"I'm okay with training alone, but every now and then I just need a good workout with some of peers to just rev me up. I'm a social guy, so time flys when I'm doing it with others. Also I'm a super competitive guy, and so when I have others around me it pushes me harder and I hope it pushes them to, it makes us both better players. So today I have Tobias Viklund with me, Sulak O'Hritea and Tig Murphy. We got four sessions today, each of us will be running one. Goal, push everyone else to the limit. My goal, make them all puke *laughs*" - Leshaun King

Session 1 - lead by Tobias Viklund

"Yeah, I'm running the first session. Pretty stoked. Between sessions we're going to play some chel 2v2, who ever finishes last has to be on Leshaun's team, cause he's pretty ass at chel." - Tobias Viklund

The circuit began with some time in the weight room, doing deadlifts.

"Alright here's how it goes. We start with the bar, 45lbs. Everyone does up to 5 reps. Then we add 15lbs, same thing. We keep going, you can rest up to 2 minutes between sets" - Tobias Viklund

The boys cycled up to the deadlifts and slowly started pulling more. The weights got up to three plates when the guys started to shake on them. One by on the guys dropped off until only Tobias was left. "Sulak you're last, you're stuck with Leshaun."

With legs shaking the boys grabbed their bags and headed to the rink for skater jumps. They lined up some plastic walls, some short some higher around the rink and began doing laps jumping the walls. After a few rounds of clearing all of them Tobias made a suggestion. "Okay, best trick as you jump. Let's see it!"

A couple spins, a failed attempt at a flip and the boys were done and ready for some endurance training. Interval training, bag skating. Going hard from one side to the other then twice as long half paced, then hard again, etc. Last one of the ice carries everyones bags to the car. Murphy took the L here and the boys packed up for lunch at Leshauns

Break 1 - SHL and brunch at Leshaun's

The boys packed up and headed to Leshauns house for his famous post work out french toast and playing some SHL 18. Leshaun worked away at the kitchen, half stacking up french toast, half to avoid getting his butt kicked in SHL 18. After each guys had 2-3 plates of protein packed steel cut oat soaked french toast. They played a few rounds, a couple of them took power naps and they headed back for session two.

Session 2 - lead by Sulak O'Hritea

"It's time to see what these guys got." - Sulak O'Hrtiea

"This is how the machine works guys. The net has 9 holes in it, and lights on top of each one. When the light goes on you have 2 seconds to bury it in the right hole or the light goes red. Who ever gets the most pucks in in 3 minutes wins. We each get 3 chances. Lets go!" - Sulak O'Hritea

Sulak went first and lit it up, missing the least. Leshaun King went next a natural shooter did well. "Can't snipe on Chel, but can still light it up." - Leshaun King. After each guys have three rounds, each wanted another chance. Then another, then another. And eventually it became time to get to the off ice part of the program.

"Here's the cycle, pair off, 20 push ups, 20 sit ups, 20 burpees, one person times the other, then you switch. We each do three rounds." - Sulak O'Hritea. Again a competition, and this time Leshaun was the one to lose and Tig Murphy got the fastest time. "We're finishing off on the bike, watch some tape. We watch clips from each of our games, and talk about how to improve." After they finished watching tape and riding the stationary. Sulak passed it off

Session 3 - lead by Tig Murphy

"Hey guys, lets get to the squat rack." - Tig Murphy

"Squats? After deadlifts, bag skating, jumps, and the bike?" - Tobias Viklund

"You're an animal" - Leshaun King

The group lined up on the squat rack, doing some heavy squats, going for the highest weight they could. After their legs had nothing left to give, Tig Murphy pulled them together for some heavy plyometric training for speed and for explosiveness.

"Got three blocks set up. Jump on the short one, medium one then tall one. Then put on the weighted vest and do the same. Repeat with heavier weight. " - Tig Murphy

With legs of jello the boys finished session three with spin training for some endurance. Nobody wanted to give up first, and it was all fun and games until Leshaun King puked.

Break 2 - NHL and early dinner then nap at Leshaun's

The guys dragger their drained bodies to Burrito Boys for a post workout meal.

"These burritos are huge, they load them with meat, tons of rice and noodles. I love it. " - Sulak O'Hirtea

The guys loaded up their burritos, pounded back a huge meal, and headed to Leshaun's to sleep. They finnally wake up at 5, and drag themselves back to the ice for the last round of work outs.

Session 4 - lead by Leshaun King

"Okay right now, we've done a ton of strength training, a lot of endurance work. Lets finish the day with skill work. We're doing 2 on 1's" - Leshaun King. The boys skated down in pairs, while the third guy hopeless tried to stop the play. Each guy shwoing off and taking turns wiring home goals on the smaller net. After their breakway drills Leshaun threw a puck in the corner and the guys took turned playing keep away, using their body to protect the puck.

After an hour or so of keep away. Leshaun packed the boys up and headed off ice for the last part of training.

"Guy's we're finishing this off with some yoga, lead by yours truely." - Leshaun King

After some relaxing yoga, the guys went out for drinks at the local pub and enjoined their evening while talking about their upcoming draft. Some time to relax until next weeks training session.

@MyLittleHexx @Mordaciious @notorioustig

1065 Words x2 Media

[Image: 7eETdF8.png]
Falcons
(This post was last modified: 07-07-2018, 10:47 PM by MyLittleHexx.)

Jeez you got this up fast. Totally nailed the RapidShot one. You have to tear people away from the machine

Sven Holmberg

[Image: hexx55.gif]

[Image: mitochondriafigure1.jpg]
Player Page | Update Page

This is fantastic. If yall wanted some insight on Tobias' personality, King nailed it. 

Falcons Falcons Power forward from Luleå, Sweden  Falcons Falcons
[Image: mordaciious.gif]
The Gay

07-07-2018, 10:47 PMMyLittleHexx Wrote: Jeez  you got this up fast. Totally nailed the RapidShot not. You have to tear people away from the machine

[Image: tenor.gif]

Haha yeah I love that machine.

[Image: 7eETdF8.png]
Falcons