Create Account

First prospect declares for SMJHL draft

First prospect declares for SMJHL draft

The first of what should be many prospects has declared for the upcoming SMJHL draft. Today we sit down with Khal Valhalla to go over some basics on who he is and what to expect from Khal.

TSN: Welcome Khal thanks for joining us.

KV: Thanks for having me.

TSN: So let us know who is Khal Valhalla on the ice?

KV: Well first and foremost I try to be responsible in my own end. Just be smart with the puck, limit turn overs, stay on my guy in my own end, be smart in my own zone. You know try and focus on that first. After that I'd say my game is based on skating, I like to play with the puck on my stick get to my spots and just wire it. I try to generate as much offence as I can.

TSN: You're listed as a C but I take it you won't be playing much C in the J?

KV: Yeah that's right. I plan to be a winger in juniors. I'm not great in the dot yet, but will work on that when I move up to the big leagues. For now I'm going to try to develop other parts of my game in juniors.

TSN: What should an SMJHL GM expect when drafting you in terms of who they'll have by the end of the first season?

KV: I think right now I'm okay with some of the basic of my game. For the first year I want to become even better defensively, work on my shot, my puck handling and my foot speed. I think I'll mainly just work on those four parts of my game my first season.

(aka my 350 TPE build will be...

CK = Checking: 40
FG = Fighting: 25
DI = Discipline: 62
SK = Skating: 79
ST = Strength: 60
EN = Endurance: 60
DU = Durability: 50 
PH = Puck Handling: 70
FO = Face Offs: 40
PA = Passing: 69
SC = Scoring: 79
DF = Defense: 80
PS = Penalty Shot: 40)

TSN: Some players enter jr and plan on spending a lot of time in jr to really refine their game so when they get to the S they can jump in and contribute right away? Others move up quicker, where do you fit in?

KV: I most definitely want to go up as fast as I can. I love challenges, I want to be a one and done if I can and just get up to the SHL right away. I know I'll get tossed around up there, but I'd rather get killed by men than beat up on boys.

TSN: Wow, declaring already you're going to be a one and done?

KV: Most definitely. I want to be fair with SMJHL GM's and let them know right away. Obviously it'll be up to my SHL GM to, but if I can I want to go up, and I don't want any SMJHL GM to feel like they wasted a pick on me.

TSN: Of the SMJHL teams any preference of where you want to go?

KV: My half-brother Leshaun King, who was a depth player for the Pride up until last year, was on the Raiders and he helped design their brand so definitely the Raiders. raiders But you never know how the draft goes.

TSN: Also I hear some rumours you're already somewhat related to another SHL player? A certain Dominic Montgomery @bilbo and Leopold Lockhart @ej27?

KV: Haha, yeah I think I'll keep those details private for now, theres other things I'd rather have people focusing on in my career right now, but yeah I've gotten to know Dom and his family really well recently and so spent a lot of time with him and Leopold.

TSN: Well good luck at the draft.

KV: Thanks

667 Words

(tldr;

- My planned 350 build
- Going to be a one and done if I can so don't waste a good draft pick on me)

[Image: 7eETdF8.png]
Falcons

Ilike

[Image: 56791_s.gif]

sigs by sulovilen, slothfacekilla, Flareon
Current: Wolfpack raiders Uk | Alumni: Inferno pride Knights Germany