Simulation Hockey League
S66 PT #0: Passion Project - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: SHL Player Progression (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+---- Forum: PT Archive (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=564)
+---- Thread: S66 PT #0: Passion Project (/showthread.php?tid=125076)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: S66 PT #0: Passion Project - Rangerjase - 07-17-2022

HP - 162 words

Another season in the books and Zoltan is really starting to feel much older than he has in a while. I was at the top in my prime, just a few short seasons ago, but I feel like i'm at Seventy Five Percent of my skill level now. Its time to keep up my strength, conditioning and toughness to make sure I can still compete at a high level. The maturity In my game is going to be shown by my work this offseason in my stick checking and "offensive and defensive" read. What I'm going to lack due to my old age, i'll make up by watching lots of tape with the coaches. How can I think smarter, stop those youngins that keep walking on my grass. I'm going to take the puck away, and NOT give it back. Its my puck, its my league. I have been working hard this offseason. I may be old, but I'm not done yet.

RE: S66 PT #0: Passion Project - Nhamlet - 07-17-2022

Prompt 1

It's been a long time coming but given the weather and all the time off it was a perfect opportunity for Minamino to finally get after what he had been wanting to work on all season.

Building a computer.

I know it's crazy for a player of his status and career earnings that he couldn't have just hired somebody before, ordered the parts even with all of the price hikes going on over the last couple years. Yet he just couldn't shake the element of wanting to find a great deal and value in his purchases. Plus with the little time in the season to play, the travel and lack of feasibility of transporting a full tower, it made sense to hold off until the offseason. Plus now that the prices on GPUs in particular were dropping, it was going to be now or never. In particular he had always been a basic video gamer, looking to stick with his 1080p games and fairly lack of demanding titles.

RE: S66 PT #0: Passion Project - 5ympathies - 07-17-2022

My non hockey passion or even hobby if you would like to refer to it as that because I am not always spending all of my free time in an ice hockey rink or any other ice hockey facility for my simulation hockey league team the Hamilton Steelhawks, referred to as some by the Hamilton Cheathawks, is ceramics. I love ceramics, even more than I love scoring goals on tenured or rookie goalies, or even medium career level goalies, I do not really care as long as I am getting points, it does not even have to be goals, I will be happy with assists because I am only 46 points away from my 1000th career point. But despite loving all that, I also love ceramics, and I throw bowls and vases, which is quite challenging, but what I love even more than throwing on the wheel is glazing my pieces. Very satisfying to pick what colours and designs you choose for each piece.

RE: S66 PT #0: Passion Project - jsteele14 - 07-17-2022

The other type of passion that Din Djarin has recently seen that has peaked his interest is another sport. The sport is another one that is on this Earth world called "Baseball". It is similar to the hockey life, being that you would be using a stick and hitting something, but other than that it is pretty different. But, Din has seen people play this on his off time and he has taken it into his own account and plays it on his off time. He likes that he can run around and utilize his speed and fly across the diamond on both offense and defense. The intriguing entirety of the sport is great. Only having split seconds to make a decision when batting and the size of both the ball and the bat and the timing is so finite it lets Din utilize all of his tools and show it off in an entirely new sport outside what he is used to.

RE: S66 PT #0: Passion Project - Flowseidon - 07-17-2022

While known for his moves on the ice, Chad Nickelback also has quite a career of the ice as a musician. The summer break is spent touring the country, bringing his brand of inoffensive pop-rock from town to town. While many will say they dislike the music, it still does surprisingly well despite the jokes about it's quality. So get out this summer and raise a glass, while your favourite musician from the J comes out and serenades you all night!

Without having to spend his time practicing at the rink in Nevada, or traveling for games, Chad is afforded a great amount of time to be able to work on his forthcoming album "Battleborn, but looking for love" at his home studio with his full array of instruments. He is looking to learn to play and bring in instruments like the theremin to bring a different level and sound to his rock music that the world has yet to see.

RE: S66 PT #0: Passion Project - Gordon Bombay - 07-17-2022

Shoyo Hinata is a passionate man. So I will list two of his passion project. First of all , in the offseason Shoyo plays a lot of volleyball. He is a fan of the sport and if he was not a hockey player , he would be a volleyball pro. He choose to play hockey because he was really good and because there was more money to be made there. He like to play 2vs2 beach volleyball every summer with his good friend Kageyama. They use to play together in highschool. 

His second passion project is gardening. Even if Shoyo makes good money playing hockey, he dream of building a farm and being self-sufficient. So in the offseason Shoyo really like to works on his garden. He is building a greenhouse for next winter. In the far future when he retired of the SHL, he will buy a farm and raison a lot of cattle on it.

RE: S66 PT #0: Passion Project - blakec1414 - 07-17-2022

Player prompt 
Kezia takes their off-season very seriously - they try to do as little work as possible. Obviously some off season training is required to stay fit and ready for next season, but aside from that it’s purely chill time for Kezia. They don’t have much family to speak of, or at least much family they consider worth visiting, and so much of the off season is spent alone at home. Kezia loves binging the newest series, playing the newest video games (especially hockey ones) and sleeping a lot, naturally. They also play guitar as a hobby and generally spend a couple weeks shaking off the rust caused by the busy in-season schedule which allows little time for musical inclinations. One of these  off-seasons they swear they’ll finally record the solo album they’ve been supposedly writing for years, but most of their friends would tell you that it’s never gonna happen. (157 words)

RE: S66 PT #0: Passion Project - Pythonic - 07-17-2022

Valtterri Kauppinen is dedicating his eight weeks of summer hockey vacation to one thing: Old School RuneScape. In his old age, his hockey skills are starting diminish. While he could dedicate time and money to getting himself back into shape to play everybody's favorite sport, his passion for RuneScape overshadows the desire to have a longer Simulation Hockey League career by a mile. Plus, when you play Old School RuneScape, you don't need to burn your body and work it out to its full potential. All you got to do is sit back, point, click, maybe move the camera around with the arrow keys some, but other than that, there's not much. It also utilizes his already fast reaction time, without having to be concerned about breaking a bone or two. He certainly prefers that to the fast paced action of ice hockey. Plus, nothing beats those sweet, sweet, loot drops.

RE: S66 PT #0: Passion Project - Huck24 - 07-17-2022

Bavel Pure got his first taste of playoff action this past season, his rookie campaign with the St. Louis Scarecrows. When the Crows lost to Quebec in the second round. The goal this off season is to improve on his game to make sure he is ready to give it his all the next time the Crows take to the ice in the playoffs.
Bavel made a call to his mentor and friend, Lyle Odelein III, to help get him ready for next season. While newly retired, Lyle can still provide Bavel, a sniper, the knowledge of what an SHL defenseman thinks and does when faced against a goal scoring threat.
Bavel and Lyle’s training sessions are a whole lot of on ice, one on one matchups, helping teach Bavel what he should be doing and figuring out what a defender might be thinking.
Bavel hopes to come into next season with improvements on all aspects of his game, but really hoping to shine on the goal scoring part of his game.

RE: S66 PT #0: Passion Project - marco999 - 07-17-2022

I chose the HOCKEY PROMPT

Kaapo Kampainen used to be a big faceoffs guy. After all, he was able to claim the faceoff milestone in every season he's played in the SHL, but after he was traded to the Winnipeg Aurora, he said... not anymore! It was a common decision between Kaapo and management to move him to the wing for the next few seasons, so all this time Kaapo spent in his summer perfecting the art of faceoffs, he can now focus on other aspects of his game. He was never really known to be a talented offensive player, often considered disappointing by fantasy players, so he decided to step up his game offensively a little. He also stopped trying to focus on his skating and focused on the offensive aspect of his game and playing a little dirtier, getting his body in the way and using his big frame to punish the opponents. We had a quick look at the new and improved Kaapo at the IIHF tournament where he was Finland's best scorer, so perhaps things look brighter for Kaapo!

178 words

RE: S66 PT #0: Passion Project - luke - 07-17-2022

The passion project for Jayson Aittokallio, is that he really likes woodworking. He really like working with his hands around good, hard wood. Sometimes, Ceder, but a good oak around his hadns really gets his heart going. Lately he has been hand carving hockey sticks for a collection he is doing about in his spare time for his great astranged uncle, Jason Aitollakoi. Next, is that he made a canoe as well, a couple years ago to start to fish and canoe around the different lakes he goes to. He also likes to go shooting, like with the gun at a firing range. It really decompresses him when he is able to hand a heavy big juicy weapon like that. He also likes to make art iwth it, the different ways bullets fly through the wood he makes, and auction them off to various charifys around the new england area that goes towards feeding children in the area

RE: S66 PT #0: Passion Project - Thunder39 - 07-17-2022

SSL Affiliate - http://sslforums.com/index.php?act=ST&f=33&t=1932

RE: S66 PT #0: Passion Project - CanadianDuck - 07-17-2022

Written Task: What's your player's non-hockey passion? What kind of project would they take on with 8 weeks off and nothing else to do? Is it something related to another sport, like trying to golf under par on 18 holes for the first time? Something with your hands, like building a whole dining set from scratch? Maybe you want to catalogue every bird in McMillan Marsh, WI? Heck if I know! You tell me! (150+ words)

The offseason has arrived and that means it is time to find things to do to kill the time until the seasons starts up again. For me, I have many plans in place to spend this excruciating amount of time. I have signed up to help run a youth hockey camp with some fellow SHL prospects along with both current and retired players. The camp will run throughout the summer with each class lasting 2 weeks and will be used to teach the young players some of the most important things to improve their skills and talent both on and off the ice. I also plan to use the little popularity I have to help raise money for various charities by appearing at various events to take photos and sign autographs. The offseason is seen almost universally as the worst part of the SHL calendar, but I think this time I will get through it pretty quickly with everything.

RE: S66 PT #0: Passion Project - gurbs - 07-17-2022

This off season I ended up building a PC and got into some PC gaming. This is something I’ve wanted to do for a while and I guess just had the time this off season.

RE: S66 PT #0: Passion Project - Arkz - 07-17-2022

ISFL Affiliate