Create Account

S66 PT #0: Passion Project

Please pick ONE prompt to write about. Do not mix and match prompts. Identify the prompt you are using in your submission - Copying and pasting the prompt will deduct from your word count so if you do this make sure YOUR submission is 150+ words excluding the prompt.

PLAYER PROMPT - It's the offseason! Whether you've been in the playoffs or not, you've got some time on your hands now. You're back, wherever you spend your off season, and you're staring down 8 weeks before the start of the preseason. You gotta' do something to pass the time this summer! What'll it be?

Written Task: What's your player's non-hockey passion? What kind of project would they take on with 8 weeks off and nothing else to do? Is it something related to another sport, like trying to golf under par on 18 holes for the first time? Something with your hands, like building a whole dining set from scratch? Maybe you want to catalogue every bird in McMillan Marsh, WI? Heck if I know! You tell me! (150+ words)

Graphic Task: Show me your player working on their passion project.

HOCKEY PROMPT- You've got 8 weeks off of SHL hockey. So naturally, you're going to fill it with more hockey! We love hockey!

Written Task:  You've got 8 weeks of uninterrupted training time where you can work on whatever you want without your coach telling you what to do. What's a skill or ability that you'd like to add to your players arsenal over the summer? For example if your player is known as a big passer, maybe next season they want to be more of a shooting threat. Maybe you've joined a new team or just been called up to the SHL and you want to build a new identity. What skills or talents are you going to develop to make a big impression and surprise some folks next season? (150+ words)

Graphic Task: Show me how your player is going to develop a new side of their game, whether it's on ice or off. 

You will receive 3 TPE for fulfilling all requirements.

All responses are due on Sunday, July 17th at 11:59 PST. NOTE: IF YOU SUBMIT/EDIT AFTER THE DEADLINE YOU WILL RECEIVE REDUCED/NO TPE.

Affiliate claims from either PBE or ISFL or WSLB or SSL are accepted; link directly to your post and note if your username is different there.
If you have any questions/concerns, please PM me. Tasks with malicious intent will not be graded. The graders reserve the right to determine malicious intent, after discussion with me. You will not be warned.

This task is for SHL players and send downs only, it is not for SMJHL rookies.

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=661a1734&is=6607a234&hm=b8...1bf5caed8&]

Code:
Written Task: What's your player's non-hockey passion? What kind of project would they take on with 8 weeks off and nothing else to do? Is it something related to another sport, like trying to golf under par on 18 holes for the first time? Something with your hands, like building a whole dining set from scratch? Maybe you want to catalogue every bird in McMillan Marsh, WI? Heck if I know! You tell me! (150+ words)

Ben Jammin's non-hockey passion is pretty obvious isn't it? He loves music and when he's not playing the game of hockey, he is up in his apartment cranking out tunes and remixing songs while practicing his DJ skills. Music has always had a special heart in Ben's heart for as long as he could remember. Jammin is his last name after all so it only makes sense for him to have a hobby involving music and during his teenage years he took up DJ'ing in his free time where he could bust out some wicked beats for his friends. He eventually got so good at DJ'ing that clubs would blowing up his phone for him to DJ at their venue! Ben had a special gift on how to remix songs and add his own personal taste to classic songs.

Sadly, the game of hockey became the main focus for Ben when he got older so DJ Ben Jammin never became a career for Ben. However, during his down time he looks to DJ for his personal friends and the Chicago Syndicate if needed. With the extra long off-season, Ben Jammin released his own special remix of Nayeon's "Pop" which has reignited his love for DJ'ing. 

(205 words)

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla for the player signatures! 

PT pass

[Image: jay2233.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @High Stick King and @Maxy for the sigs!

Raptors Argonauts 
[Image: m59RPb7.png][Image: FcWmVTl.png]

Hockey Prompt (151 words)

Making my senior international debut with Switzerland has definitely taught me some lessons about the next level as I prepare for my final season in the J. I know how dynamic I am offensively, the numbers from last season prove it, but it's one thing to do it in the kiddie pool, it's another to do it in the shark-infested waters of the next level. So this offseason I'm on an aggressive physical training regime, trying to beef up my frame and improve on my own end of the ice. It's true that "they can't beat me if they don't have the puck," but I gotta be able to win it back, too, and I can't just rely on 4D chess reading the play constantly, I need to have the muscle to be able to do it even if my read is off.

[Image: valpix.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @Symmetrik, @Merica, @enigmatic, and @sulovilen for the sigs! 
Avi courtesy of @MN_Moosey
[Image: d9J5DHT.png]
Citadelles Switzerland Stars Blizzard 
[Image: VGl3CB4.png]
[Image: valpixpride.gif]

My all time favorite hobby is crafting. I love to craft anything from small items, to large dressers and tables. I have dreams of working in a wood shop on my own property, and I have started a small collection of tools for the job.  My favorite things to craft are gifts because it gives me a direction. Ask me anytime about my crafts! (272 words)

[Image: 65157_s.gif]

Code:
It's the offseason! Whether you've been in the playoffs or not, you've got some time on your hands now. You're back, wherever you spend your off season, and you're staring down 8 weeks before the start of the preseason. You gotta' do something to pass the time this summer! What'll it be?

#unexpectedpromotion.  So we didn't do well in GFG in the off-season but my goalie, Strom, did pretty well with TBB going all the way to the Challenge Cup finals.  While watching that epic saga with LAP unfold I spent off-season working on Team USA IIHF business as well as re-designing and setting up the Unofficially "Official" SHL wrestling league:  Rink of Honor.   its a fun way to pass time, especially on Sundays when there aren't the daily sims to pass the time.  Wanna be a skater?  Great!  Want to do stupid stuff in wrasslin?  Yep, we can do that here too.  Its really been a great time keeper in the effect that I've gotten to know more players from around the league better and who knows.  At one point it might be able to recruit some more people into the SHL, passively.  There's also the planned hostile takeover of SMJHL HO, but apparently the fliers didn't get printed...so there was that...

Prompt 2
This offseason Mat Smith is feeling the creaking in his joints and the rust forming more than ever. Knowing it'll only get worse, and wanting to play for as long as he can before having to retire, he knows he'll have to work harder than ever to stay in game shape. To do this, he's dragging as many people as he can to the rink as often as he can for as long as he can, just so he can make sure he keeps the muscle memory of being one of the top goalies of the SHL. The people he brings to the rink include former and current teammates, people he's met through hockey that he's never shared the locker room with, juniors players who have yet to be called up, and for good measure and maybe to improve his confidence a little bit, some of his friends who can barely skate. Smith admits that he feels he's lost a step a little bit this offseason, but he promises fans in Chicago that he still has a few good years left as their starter between the pipes.

[Image: Mat10Man.gif]

[Image: bhLfeta.png][Image: UbL0bdg.png]

Spack Jarrow had envisioned himself a defensive-shadow. A pest if you will. This was always his bread and butter and a role he enjoyed. However as his teams relied on his offense more and more, he found himself drifting from that pest role which he was more than happy to do. This meant that in the off-seasons he was working on his shooting and offensive positioning. With the Winnipeg Aurora having a massive off-season and bringing in a great group of veteran players, the pressure is now off of Jarrow to put up points. He can shift back to his original style of game. So after talking with the Aurora coaches and trainers, Jarrow spent this off-season working on the defensive side of the game. Improving in the areas of his skating, defensive positioning and reads, as well as stick checking. The pressure is off to try and put up points and now the focus can be to shut down the other teams best players.

[ 169 words ]

[Image: yyo9APg.gif]

(This post was last modified: 07-11-2022, 12:42 AM by TheHammer43. Edited 1 time in total. Edit Reason: Cant Participate )

[Image: hammer_time_sig.png]

[Image: gXlAFBa.png][Image: 8CbZQAJ.png][Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Luc Blouin is a coder in his spare time, to some it doesn't sound like a relaxing hobby but when your life is as busy as Luc's is, it can be pretty satisfying to design and code something and have it actually work. Luc is working on an update portal for a simulated hockey league right now! This is a big project and he may not have it completed in one offseason, especially with iihf play taking up a lot of time until this point. Getting eliminated in the quarter finals did free him up to spend more time coding though. Right now he's trying to get the create a player form to create a database entry along with the forum thread, eventually it won't need to create the forum thread at all. It has been tricky figuring out making the form do both things at the same time but it looks like he should be passed the last hurdle soon.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

PLAYER PROMPT

If moving from Boise to Quebec, and now multiple offseason training camps in Edmonton have shown Justin Time anything, it's that there's no better way to experience the world than to travel. Last offseason, Justin spent the time between playoffs, WJC and training camp touring North America with teammate Rylie Versi (@The Roope Hintz Effect ), occasionally picking up teammates past and present and other friends. This offseason will provide the opportunity for another adventure, though the where is still a mystery. Having seen the Grand Canyon, Niagara Falls, Yellowstone and more natural wonders, he's thinking of turning his sights to major cities across the world in the hopes of finding the greatest street food in the world. From Parisian crepes to Singapore's famous chili crab, this offseason he'll try it all, and hope that all the walking is enough to burn it off before the start of training camp.

[Image: RAmenAmen.gif]
sig credit: Ragnar, Sulovilen, Enigmatic, Bayley
[Image: kcP9WEd.png] [Image: DNLeeu0.png] [Image: DKMMlC3.png]
[Image: RAmenAmenPride.gif]

Rikkert Biemans non-hockey passion is craft beer. Every time during the off season he and some of his friends brew beer in the barn of his parents place. Everyone has to come up with a recipe of a brew they have never done before. Rikkert Biemans decided it was time to brew a nice fresh double dry hopped New England IPA this time. One of his friends came up with a stout recipe and another with a Berliner Weisse. With all the cleaning in between it takes about a day for each batch to brew and then each batch needs to ferment for a couple weeks. On brew days they also bring some craft beer with them to hold tastings during the day. At the end of the day everybody is pretty hammered and then it starts all over again the next day with a fresh batch to brew. As always, a shared beer always tastes better!

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

Hockey prompt:

Julian Flörsch has always been a very skilled, technical defender. Good with his stick and taking a lot of advantage of his hockey intelligence. He was adequate in his defensive tasks, but showed his vision and skills more in an offensive capacity. Thats why for his first season with the Detroit Falcons, the GM had decided it would be best for the team to play Julian as a forward. Since Julian has always been a defense in his younger years, he spent the off season improving his physical and defensive skills.

Every free moment Julian had was spent in either the gym or in front of a TV screen to watch SHL instruction clips on defensivr positioning, and succesful defensive plays and tactics.

This has lead to Julian starting the new season aa a more well rounded defense, adding strength and speed to his game and now being able to respond to opponents plays faster and better by taking advantage of these new skills and his improved defensive read.

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

Hockey prompt

The 8 weeks of intense non-stop training comes in handy for Luukas Lilja who is suffering hard from regression. His defensive skills took a massive hit and needs to recover somehow. The coaching staff in Los Angeles as well as Lilja agreed both on his new training program, which would solely include puck management. Im not only talking about your generic puckhandling skills and the hands that go hand-in-hand with it, im talking about managing the puck in impossible scenarios, like that iconic Alexander Ovechkin goal that we are all familiar with. Another aspect the Panthers are looking to manage better in Lilja is his agility, who wouldnt want a forward on their team who has an impeccable ability to be able to change directions as he pleases, and does manage to get back on his top skating speed with such explosive accelerating you have not seen in ages. This, on top of his immense hockey IQ puts Lilja as one of the best players in the league this season and forward

[Image: jE4ioeC.png][Image: meOh9pz.png]

Player Prompt
Many all over the world know Faust Faker as a elite hockey prospect.  His dedication to the details of the game, the little things along with his elite reaction time and creativity.  These are things Faker is well known for.  But very few know where he actually developed these skills.  Faker's attention to detail comes from his previous career as a League of Legends Pro in Korea.  He reached the pinnacle of that esport and decided to try a more traditional sport.  In his off time though he still likes to compete in League of Legends tournaments.  So with his few weeks off Faker would go compete at MSI.  A international mid season tournament in League of Legends.  Faker would probably need a week of warm up to get up to speed on the current state of the game.  But once he had a little warm up he'd dominate the tournament like he always does.

[Image: Cracker_Pizza_sig.png?ex=6516546d&is=651...bb4003576&]
[Image: pride23gif.gif]