Simulation Hockey League
S75 mPT #1: First Impressions - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: SHL Player Progression (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+---- Forum: PT Archive (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=564)
+---- Thread: S75 mPT #1: First Impressions (/showthread.php?tid=135288)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: S75 mPT #1: First Impressions - baz - 02-18-2024

Upon creating in the SHL, I mainly interacted with those in my rookie server and I had some familiar faces around akoustique, swoosh and Repgnar all of us being new creates which was nice. Then I was able to interact and work together with some recreates to work on Mock stuff which was a great time.

RE: S75 mPT #1: First Impressions - Amidships - 02-18-2024

The first time I created a player in this league, I had some pretty decent interactions with users. I knew a handful of them already from the ISFL, but it was still fun chatting with them in a different situation. I did find there was not a lot to do early on, though.

RE: S75 mPT #1: First Impressions - Evok - 02-18-2024

Well my first impression is that i really though the league would be more roleplay oriented until i realise it really wasn't the case. Then i started to interact as myself with others which was really great, met lot of people i appreciate.

RE: S75 mPT #1: First Impressions - golden_apricot - 02-18-2024

first interations were cool. the anchorage scoutiing room was a gerat place to meet people and where i learned a lot about the league. unsure how things sould be now though with a more active league wide discord.

RE: S75 mPT #1: First Impressions - Frenchie - 02-18-2024

I'm not sure I really understood what I got myself into, but I was blessed with an elite class that i'll happily tag them all here. I appreciate you all you absolute legends @CementHands@NYR73@KaleSalad@Rangerjase (I guess?) @downer@lore@ACapitalChicago@mystick@jbay7@SimmiZ@MikeLiut@Frenchie@Toast@FaraDian@liebolda@Wheels@eddiesnothere@LampLighter@Atox@Ruggsy@bluesfan55@Lumosityfan@jlutz14@minaj27 and everyone else that I think are inactive from our class.

Crazy to think we're looking at potentially 15-16 2k players!

RE: S75 mPT #1: First Impressions - Bongo - 02-18-2024

I had a bunch of discord dms from the scouting crews of various SMJHL teams and it was deep into Covid so there was no gym or bjj just gaming so I fully locked in but I didn’t quite understand how to earn the so my first guy totally flamed out at like 560 tpe

RE: S75 mPT #1: First Impressions - gurbs - 02-18-2024

After creating my first player, I engaged with other SHL users in friendly banter, discussing strategies, sharing excitement, and receiving warm welcomes. Initial impressions were positive and welcoming.

RE: S75 mPT #1: First Impressions - MuNk22 - 02-18-2024

My initial interactions with scouts from various SMJHL clubs were that of confusion. I joined up a few days before the draft and didn't have a clue about what was going on. That might had to do with how I dropped to the 45th pick with the Raptors. Luckily Takk (Colorado's co-GM) and I hit it off and I got drafted into a great organization.

RE: S75 mPT #1: First Impressions - Whitecap - 02-18-2024

I had joined quite late into a Reddit class, just before the draft. I had only a few GMs reach out to me, undoubtedly since they were all so busy. I was just happy to have had a few scouting conversations so quickly, and was wildly impressed by the amount of effort put into the league.

RE: S75 mPT #1: First Impressions - jlutz14 - 02-18-2024

The first impressions of the league were that people were very friendly, and it was cool to talk about hockey and create a character.  It is definitely cool as a hobby and glad to be a part in some way.

RE: S75 mPT #1: First Impressions - Mazatt - 02-18-2024

I honestly can't even recall my first interaction on the site. I know that when I recreated I hounded Segi, but I'm not sure if that was something I did when I first created too or just on the second time around.

To be fun, I'll say my first interaction was when Fuzz kicked me out of Montreal when I was inactive, and then had to DM me to come to Carolina when I came back. It's a much better story than just not remembering

RE: S75 mPT #1: First Impressions - TheNextGreatOne - 02-18-2024

My first impression was so long ago, and it did take awhile of being on the site until I had some interactions with other users, but it was good and kept me entertain for a while in the league.

RE: S75 mPT #1: First Impressions - Hallsy - 02-18-2024

I honestly don't remember my first impression of this league when I first created because it was so long ago that I simply forget

RE: S75 mPT #1: First Impressions - Rotti - 02-18-2024

my first interactions with Simulation Hokcey League members after creating my player was being invited to the team canada locker room with my now best frinds. wow wht a great time with some cool peeps.

RE: S75 mPT #1: First Impressions - LampLighter - 02-18-2024

First interactions with the players of the SHL were really great. I came in with a fantastic draft class who I believe still have a lot of active players still going. I loved the league when I first started. This is my first sim league and I couldn’t be more excited to continue on in the future.