Create Account

S75 mPT #1: First Impressions Due: Monday, February 19th @ 11:59pm PST
(This post was last modified: 02-12-2024, 01:51 PM by Zerg. Edited 1 time in total.)

Your task: Tell me about your first interactions with other SHL users after creating your first player? What were the league's first impressions like?
25 words minimum!
You will receive 1 TPE for fulfilling all requirements.
This PT will close Monday, February 19th at 11:59pm PST. Posts submitted/edited after the deadline will receive 0 tpe.
If you have any questions/concerns, please PM me. Tasks with malicious intent will not be graded. Graders reserve the right to determine what is malicious. You will not be warned.
This PT is for SHL players and send downs only; it is not for SMJHL Rookies. If your player is S76, go do the J task instead.

[Image: zN6tB52.png]

My introduction to this league was being a sour-spot create, but promptly fought over by Birdman and Sparky. It was a great time, fun negotiations and a good introduction to this league.

[Image: zN6tB52.png]

I came from reddit (r/hockey) back in December 2018 and everyone was super friendly to me when I joined and had no idea what I was doing. The forum was very daunting and we were still on manual banking for a bit too.

(44 words)

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla for the player signatures! 

My first interactions were with the GMs coming to scout me! They were all incredibly friendly, and it really set the stage for me realizing that the SHL community is a really good one with a lot of great people.

My first impressions were very good and I thought they must be an alright group if they had been doing this for 73 seasons and had not grown sick of each other yet.

[Image: lhlsigv2.jpg?ex=65cd244a&is=65baaf4a&hm=...5a69dcac4&]
Shoutout TheOPSquid for the Sig

I came at the recommendation of a friend many years ago. I was looking for something exciting and SHL was exactly what I was looking for. It was intimidating at first but once I got the hang of it things were so much fun.

I remember being completely overwhelmed and unsure how anything worked. I cam from the infamous S46 Reddit intake and it was really exciting and the community was quite welcoming.

Tibuk Soonika - G - Tampa Bay Barracuda| Portal Page
BarracudaSwitzerlandKnights

I created my first player a really long time ago, back when we still had forum locker rooms. I lucked out and was drafted by really active and helpful teams in Kelowna and West Kendall and just had an overall great experience. Even Russia gave me a good impression of the league even before I was drafted in the SMJHL. I'm nostalgic of those days, truth be told.

[Image: Oqsvuu4.png]
FranceCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersScarecrowsCitadellesPanthersFrance

I remember being entirely confused about so many things and asking the rookie mentors a lot of stupid questions. Since I wasn't used to using Discord I remember sending a lot of forum DMs at that time still. Things are soooo much better now on almost every level compared to 5 years ago.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

Honestly the league back then was so different. There was no discord or anything. We would use things like Chatzy which were a party. I also was a part of a big group of movers and shakers. Many of which have gone on to greener pastures haha. But it was good. Clearly I'm still here 9 years later

[Image: andyj18.gif]

[Image: andybj18.gif]

[Image: pawter_meowski.png]

I can't remember what happened 9 days ago let alone 9 years ago. I was drafted to the Knights and everyone in there was super cool from what I remember. So overall, a good impression.

[Image: Flusso.png]
Sig by @Evil_AllBran

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

this was relatively recent as i am a first gen right now so i remember it fairly vividly. it was the scouting conversations with frenchie and fluw as they used me as a proxy to insult each other whilst i asked questions about the league in between, good times.

My first impressions were through PBE and ISFL, at the time NSFL. My first player was a 157 TPE burnout that didn't do anything and that was almost 4.5 years ago so I don't remember a ton about it.

[Image: laser.png]

[Image: Virrok.png]
Thanks to EAB and sulovien for the sigs!

My first impression after creating my player was good but odd. I wasn't sure if I needed to role play as my player. Once that was figured out it was smooth sailing and I'm happy I found the SHL!

Foil Up Boys

Wow, that was so long ago I can't even remember it. It was nice? I don't know, I don't really talk to anyone these days, or really back then.

(32)