Simulation Hockey League
S75 mPT #1: First Impressions - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: SHL Player Progression (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+---- Forum: PT Archive (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=564)
+---- Thread: S75 mPT #1: First Impressions (/showthread.php?tid=135288)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: S75 mPT #1: First Impressions - Crazylemire - 02-13-2024

I really found the rendering and building a player cool I made my first player Kayden pale similar too too Chris pronger. I regret being a passive dick around the league making it harder for my recreate

RE: S75 mPT #1: First Impressions - _Blitz_ - 02-14-2024

Honestly? The first couple of days were rough and I wasn't sure I was going to stick with the league. I felt faceless; no one aside from the J Intern (who was @ACapitalChicago, come to think) said anything on my player page, and the rookie mentor at the time just pasted a standardized message in the DM sent. The scouting was all form letters on the forums, and while the scouts were nice in our limited back-and-forths, I didn't know where I was going to go because I felt like people cared, just not about me. Even the team that drafted me hadn't talked to me before sending a link to the LR. It took a while to carve out a spot for myself and make friends, and I'm glad I stuck with it!

RE: S75 mPT #1: First Impressions - ThePyroAlpaca - 02-14-2024

As someone who had never done anything like this before it was alot. all the great Mentors and GMs in the J made adapting to all this very easy and fun though.

RE: S75 mPT #1: First Impressions - ThisSeemsFishy - 02-14-2024

It was a great time honestly. I met a great crew in PGF and always had a blast with everyone in the locker room. I didn’t end up finding that same groove in the SHL and fizzled out. But the community has kept me coming back!

RE: S75 mPT #1: First Impressions - crutch - 02-14-2024

My first create on this site was me doing a like 8000 word writeup on my draft class (which wasn't that deep) which lead to going 2nd overall. What a thrill of a time it was - meeting all these new faces.

RE: S75 mPT #1: First Impressions - ec06aaj - 02-14-2024

My first impressions post-draft were good and as a rule of thumb only gotten better; landing with Detroit was a great stroke of luck. Love that Nash. Certain other interactions have been distinctly unpleasant but most of the beef has been buried there.

RE: S75 mPT #1: First Impressions - OrbitingDeath - 02-14-2024

Asking @Bayley if he was dutch would be my first interaction here I guess. Silly people creating dutch named players still trick me even we are more then a decade away from this happening.

RE: S75 mPT #1: First Impressions - CaptainCamel - 02-14-2024

I was a bit quiet at first cause I had no clue what to expect. I soon realized that ANC was filled with a bunch of fun shitposters like myself and fit right in.

RE: S75 mPT #1: First Impressions - jbay7 - 02-14-2024

I honestly don't remember who it was, but one of the rookie mentors invited me to the rookie discord and asked if I had any questions. I'm more of a figure it out myself kind of guy tho and I was just reading all the new player guides on the site.

RE: S75 mPT #1: First Impressions - Figgy - 02-14-2024

I must say coming in I didn't exactly have high expectations, but was pleasantly surprised by the welcoming messages from all of the GM's coming to scout.

RE: S75 mPT #1: First Impressions - By-Tor - 02-14-2024

Well the first time I created a player on SHL, it was under a different account and I stayed around for under an hour. Too confusing. The next time around I was able to figure stuff out.

RE: S75 mPT #1: First Impressions - thiefofcheese - 02-14-2024

Mine was primarily through the Russia locker room. Was an amazing introduction with ztevans, pris, slowpoke, and a number of other awesome users. Definitely makes the experience a lot better. And can't forget the S50 LR either!

RE: S75 mPT #1: First Impressions - tomtommen - 02-14-2024

Back in the day when I joined the league I was totally noob. Had never participated in a league like this before and I was scared nobody would draft my player. I was home alone with the kid and he wanted food so I had to go to the pizza store and grab one. And then it rained in messages about the draft and I had like seven conversations on Discord with my phone while getting the pizza. I got drafted. It was fun. Would do it again.

RE: S75 mPT #1: First Impressions - roastpuff - 02-14-2024

Oh man, the S53 class server was my first introduction to the league and my goodness that was insane. I still love and hold fondly the memory of the S53 class though many of us have become inactive.

RE: S75 mPT #1: First Impressions - slothfacekilla - 02-14-2024

I really enjoyed joining the S46 draft class discord, there was a lot of activity and fun people in there so it was a good welcome to the league for sure.