Simulation Hockey League
S66 PT #0: Passion Project - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: SHL Player Progression (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+---- Forum: PT Archive (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=564)
+---- Thread: S66 PT #0: Passion Project (/showthread.php?tid=125076)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: S66 PT #0: Passion Project - Whitecap - 07-15-2022

Hockey prompt:
Coming off his rookie season, Svoboda had much to be happy about. I mean, 42 points and a challenge cup victory is about all a rookie can ask for. That being said, there were some serious holes in his game that he is hoping to improve upon in his first SHL offseason. The first think Svoboda noticed coming into the SHL is how fast the game is compared to the J, so the number one thing he must improve upon is his skating. Actually, he's decided that's the only thing he'll improve upon. For 8 interrupted weeks, nothing but skating drills, most player's worst nightmare. Along with speeding up his game, it should also provide him with some more lower body strength so he can be stronger on his feet. After all, there's not much a player can do when they get knocked out all the time.. Look for Svoboda to come out flying next season, and hopefully his feet will be able to keep up with his hands.

169 words

RE: S66 PT #0: Passion Project - Yagoyi - 07-15-2022

SMJHL Simmer PT Pass

RE: S66 PT #0: Passion Project - Memento Mori - 07-15-2022

Calling it a passion, or a project might be a stretch, but Jay Sink will be spending this summer at each of the United Kingdom's various summer festivals - ostensibly for work-related reasons. Thanks to everyone's favourite impending disaster, climate change, Jay Sink is enjoying a heatwave in the UK this summer - with temperatures due to approach 43c, a British record. The inevitable result of this is Jay Sink spending lots of time in fields shirtless, enjoying the music and irritated that more people don't recognise him as his goal is to improve his national media profile and obtain more fans because Jay Sink loves his fans. Jay will be hanging around near people with cameras, he'll be attempting to be singled out for an interview, and his agent will be trying to set up various media opportunities at Glastonbury and the like. Jay's media profile and overall level of popularity is important to his (hopeful) career after he hangs up his skates, and this long-term goal is the overall focus of his summer. (173 words)

RE: S66 PT #0: Passion Project - bluesfan55 - 07-15-2022

Swiss center Mitchell van der Heijden's passion outside of the sport of ice hockey is Formula One. He has been watching the sport since he was a little kid, and moved to Switzerland just as the Sauber team was rebranded as BMW Sauber, becoming a team that could fight for not only points, but wins (Robert Kubica, van der Heijden's favorite driver, took the team's lone win at the 2008 Canadian Grand Prix). He loves rooting for an underdog, which Sauber have been for most of their tenure in F1, and especially enjoyed their brief success in the early 2010s with Sergio Perez and Kamui Kobayashi competing for podium finishes. Ultimately, Sauber (Alfa Romeo now but still based in Hinwil, Switzerland) has steadily become a backmarker team, although they have grown more competitive in recent years thanks to the recent regulation changes within the sport. He hopes to one day be able to drive an F1 car and further continue his passion for motorsport.

RE: S66 PT #0: Passion Project - Evil_AllBran - 07-15-2022

Hockey prompt: Working on my strategic thinking.

[Image: oNawFBq.png]

RE: S66 PT #0: Passion Project - zaynzk - 07-15-2022

isfl +

RE: S66 PT #0: Passion Project - efischermann - 07-16-2022

Code:
Written Task:  You've got 8 weeks of uninterrupted training time where you can work on whatever you want without your coach telling you what to do. What's a skill or ability that you'd like to add to your players arsenal over the summer? For example if your player is known as a big passer, maybe next season they want to be more of a shooting threat. Maybe you've joined a new team or just been called up to the SHL and you want to build a new identity. What skills or talents are you going to develop to make a big impression and surprise some folks next season? (150+ words)

Something I have always wanted as a player is blazing speed. Being able to stand behind my own net and the other team is scared of what happens when I get going full speed. It is not just blazing speed, it is the ability to get up to speed quickly. Being able to be full speed by the tops of my own circles and then using that to carry the puck through the neutral zone and drive wide around opposing defenders and just making them look like they were standing still. I have always thought that skill is such a game breaker because while they are focusing on me, my teammates would easily be able to find the open lanes for an easy tap in goal. On top of that, being a defenseman allows me the opportunity to find three forwards on the ice who are all ready and looking to put the puck in the back of the net.

160 words

RE: S66 PT #0: Passion Project - Crazylemire - 07-16-2022

https://worldsimbasketball.jcink.net/index.php?showtopic=2488&view=findpost&p=39205

(Wsbl affiliate)

RE: S66 PT #0: Passion Project - Dhoop - 07-16-2022

This one all depends on the season. The Winter it would be snowmobiling. The rush of going 70mph whipping around trails or open throttle 90mph across the frozen lake! There is so much beauty in some nice norther trails through the woods just enjoying the ride and scenery. There is a common stigma that its so cold snowmobiling that it would not be fun, but the clothes are designed for high winds and cold weather that you really are comfortable. The new models also have hand warmers and even seat warmers, such luxury from when I started as a kid.

The summer bring another hobby, golf. I love golf the relaxing style and difficult to master. The slightest movement the wrong way and your shot goes 100 yards to far to a certain way. The best is you can go out and be so bad at golf yet have so much fun, but can also really get into it and even the most unathletic person can be good with the time and practice. Golf is just a great sport for anyone looking to get some fresh air and relax.

(189 words)

RE: S66 PT #0: Passion Project - lilstifler - 07-16-2022

Player PROMPT

Who doesn't like vacation, does he? You definitely all think every player spends that time somewhere by nature and relaxing, but that's not quite the case. When I was younger, of course, the summer period was really spent enjoying the beautiful weather as well as relaxing with friends. But at the moment, apart from rest, I am also expected to work hard with my body, yet age makes me feel for myself and for me to be able to play at a good level, it is necessary to work on myself at the physical level. Already in the first few games you will definitely see the fruits of my work through which I will try to lead the team to victories. Being in a new team where I'm definitely a senior player, you have to take special care of your physical conditioning to get to the rest at all. But so, given the need to talk more about hobbies, I just like friends company and sitting by nature.

RE: S66 PT #0: Passion Project - LordBirdman - 07-16-2022

Sven spent years on a bottom dwelling San Francisco team that had no hopes of sniffing the playoffs. During these offseasons he picked up playing golf from some of his teammates. Now that he is a grizzled vet with some playoff experience under his belt, he hopes he doesn’t have as much time for golf in the offseason but will gladly play when he does. Having never played growing up, it was pretty challenging for Sven to get to a point where he could make it around the course without embarrassing himself. Given his natural hand eye ability, core strength, and work ethic, Sven has now become a great player. He is not quite a scratch golfer but is proud to have a handicap that oscillates between 3 and 5. Sven has also become a huge fan of watching golf and recently traveled out to watch the US Open at The Country Club in Brookline. Sven has been angling to play in a Pro-Am tournament and thinks he should be able to do it someday.

RE: S66 PT #0: Passion Project - adamantium - 07-16-2022

Code:
Written Task: What's your player's non-hockey passion? What kind of project would they take on with 8 weeks off and nothing else to do? Is it something related to another sport, like trying to golf under par on 18 holes for the first time? Something with your hands, like building a whole dining set from scratch? Maybe you want to catalogue every bird in McMillan Marsh, WI? Heck if I know! You tell me! (150+ words)

Given my family is a relatively long line of sportsmen, but none of them hockey, it's natural that I grew up around other sports and none were more present in my life than baseball--my father played, briefly, for the Mets, but spent most of his time in minor league play. Even though I didn't want to play the sport myself, I still loved the sport itself and what kind of joy it brought to people--so what does my offseason look like?

This summer, I decided to that I would become a registered umpire for travel baseball across the city of New York. I've been doing umpiring in unofficial capacities for a few summers now--getting paid under the table and working as a basepath umpire--but this year I finally made the jump to an officially registered home plate umpire. Now I'm the big man, calling the balls and strikes, and getting travel ball dads mad at me because I made the right call and they didn't like the right call.

God I love baseball.

Code:
WC: 174

RE: S66 PT #0: Passion Project - Zombiewolf - 07-16-2022

Over the offseason Jaska Seppala of the Buffalo Stampede had eight weeks to figure out what he wanted to do, what his non hockey passion could be. It took a lot of trial and error for him. He tried golf and realized how boring and stupid it is, he tried sky diving but that was too expensive to be your passion. Jaska Seppala tried hot yoga before finally coming to realize his true passion. That passion is model trains. Jaska Seppala spent weeks creating the most masterful model train set up. He spend all hours of the night and day as he found a lot of joy with model trains. Once those eight weeks were up and he had a beautiful set up he realized that he wasted eight weeks of his life on model trains. It turns out Jaska Seppala was just bored and this was not actually his passion. I guess it is back to the drawing board for him.

RE: S66 PT #0: Passion Project - Muerto - 07-16-2022

Written Task: What's your player's non-hockey passion? What kind of project would they take on with 8 weeks off and nothing else to do? Is it something related to another sport, like trying to golf under par on 18 holes for the first time? Something with your hands, like building a whole dining set from scratch? Maybe you want to catalogue every bird in McMillan Marsh, WI? Heck if I know! You tell me! (150+ words)

When there is no hockey to be played, Grogu goes back to Hollywood to work on his career in Star Wars The Mandalorian. As the breakout star of that show, Grogu's presence is obviously needed so the production crew actually bases their schedule around when Grogu can slip away from the rink. In this time Grogu joined the rest of the cast and had to film all the scenes for Season 3 of The Mandalorian, as well as guest spots in various other Dsiney+/Star Wars commercials and crossovers (no spoilers! sssh!) Grogu's passion to hockey led to some heated discussions on set as he tried to insist the Dark Saber should be in the shape of a hockey stick so Grogu could hack and slash his opponents with a weapon he was used to holding but they probably won't allow him to do that. Due to contractual obligations with Disney, Grogu also spends several days hanging out at Disneyland greeting and posing for pictures with the customers and fans. Becoming the greatest force-wielding Jedi/Mandalorian hockey player in the galaxy requires a lot of training, but being a TV star is a great side hustle, so Grogu is always working hard even on his holidays! He hopes you will sepnd lots of money on maintaining your subscription to Disney+ in hopes of seeing the new season of The Mandalorian starring Grogu! Coming soon!

RE: S66 PT #0: Passion Project - Steelhead77 - 07-16-2022

Player prompt: My non-hockey passion is food, so with 8 weeks off Esa Parmborg would go on an eating tour that rivaled that guy who did the Man vs Food Show. I would go to all the famous places and take on the most gluttonous food challenges. 8 pound burrito, count me in, 6lbs of steak with 3 pounds of mashed taters, I'm your man, 6 foot chicken parm sub, I got you covered. Mile high meatloaf sandwich, hell yes, slop bucket of every bbq meat topped with cheese and french fries, let me die in peace. So yeah I'd travel around and basically eat myself into a coma and come into the season at my most heft weight ever. I'm old now and a 3rd line center so nobody expects too much out of me, that being said I did just score 10 points in 7 pre-season games so I'm still pretty amazing. Oh and while I was doing these food challenges I would obviously be live streaming it for the fans in Calgary and then selling t-shirts with memes of me taking down each challenge. It will be a fun 8 weeks, if I survive.