Simulation Hockey League
Halifax Raiders relocation - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: League Media (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=610)
+--- Forum: SMJHL Media (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=48)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=403)
+---- Thread: Halifax Raiders relocation (/showthread.php?tid=103885)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Halifax Raiders relocation - Citizen of Adraa - 03-06-2020

03-06-2020, 05:08 PMGeekusoid Wrote: Serious question:  Why timber and not Woodsman or Lumberjacks?

I mean... Bangor Maine is the birthplace of Paul Bunyan.

Could have even done something with Moose (being the state animal) or...with their sea-faring enterprises (lobster is a HUGE part of their economy up there)

Timber was supposed to be a bit more clever name than going with Lumberjacks or Woodsmen...I am not a huge fan of a team of Mooses, and for sea creatures we have teams like Kraken and the Armada, even Berserkers, so I thought the maritime theme is a little bit overdone.

RE: Halifax Raiders relocation - Leppish - 03-06-2020

03-06-2020, 05:11 PMCitizen of Adraa Wrote:
03-06-2020, 05:08 PMGeekusoid Wrote: Serious question:  Why timber and not Woodsman or Lumberjacks?

Could have even done something with Moose (being the state animal) or...with their sea-faring enterprises (lobster is a HUGE part of their economy up there)

Timber was supposed to be a bit more clever name than going with Lumberjacks or Woodsmen...I am not a huge fan of a team of Mooses, and for sea creatures we have teams like Kraken and the Armada, even Berserkers, so I thought the maritime theme is a little bit overdone.

Maine Earthworms

RE: Halifax Raiders relocation - TnlAstatine - 03-06-2020

03-06-2020, 05:10 PMhotdog Wrote: more like Maine Tinder these fellas are cruising for hookups

Grindr Maine reporting in

RE: Halifax Raiders relocation - Carpy48 - 03-06-2020

While I'm not sure yet about the jersey color (maybe it'll grow on me) I kind of like the logo. Interesting location too.

The subforum probably needs to be moved down if you want to keep the teams in alphabetical order. Edit: oh already happened.

RE: Halifax Raiders relocation - Chevy - 03-06-2020

03-06-2020, 05:11 PMCitizen of Adraa Wrote:

Oh I don't disagree that the maritime stuff is pretty well booked.  Timber just to me means that....maybe you'll be falling down a lot?

RE: Halifax Raiders relocation - Ace - 03-06-2020

With that said, welcome to the New England fam. We'll see if your local proximity results in increased Wolfpack scouting. It's just a short drive up 95.

RE: Halifax Raiders relocation - ThatDamnWalrus - 03-06-2020

What’s with GMs forcing useless rebrands on teams that don’t need it? Everyone just wants to feel special with their own brand.

RE: Halifax Raiders relocation - Ace - 03-06-2020

The Maine Wild would've been a cool name, despite the NHL correlation.

RE: Halifax Raiders relocation - MCP_ - 03-06-2020

RIP Halifax jokes

RE: Halifax Raiders relocation - hotdog - 03-06-2020

Interview  @Citizen of Adraa any fear that your new name promotes the destruction of natural resources at a time when we should be fighting to preserve them?

RE: Halifax Raiders relocation - Blastmeaway - 03-06-2020

keep makin Czechia proud CoA
Cheers

RE: Halifax Raiders relocation - Mook - 03-06-2020

It took 27 seasons to get rid of Halifax, damn

RE: Halifax Raiders relocation - MCP_ - 03-06-2020

03-06-2020, 05:15 PMThatDamnWalrus Wrote: What’s with GMs forcing useless rebrands on teams that don’t need it? Everyone just wants to feel special with their own brand.

Halifax hasn't won a damn thing in 20+ seasons, so I'm not against a facelift

RE: Halifax Raiders relocation - RaginCajun - 03-06-2020

I'm very angry about this rebrand. I'm going to livestream myself gargling glass on Twitch.

RE: Halifax Raiders relocation - Citizen of Adraa - 03-06-2020

03-06-2020, 05:19 PMhotdog Wrote: Interview  @Citizen of Adraa any fear that your new name promotes the destruction of natural resources at a time when we should be fighting to preserve them?

We at the Maine Timber are massive fans of sustainable tree economy that replants what it cuts down and makes sure to not over harvest the forests past the sustainable point.