Create Account

S66 SMJHL PT #1 - New Places

hey cool this pt feels irrelevant for me since i was a god damn waiver claim

anyways it was cool stepping into the locker room where there was a gm i knew and a lot of people i didnt, really made this a brand new experience for me considering the shl is one of the last major leagues that i had yet to step foot in and was going to try and do something with. made this a hell of a lot easier for me considering the update scale is weird, i have no idea what to update and that i barely watch hockey since my local team is the toronto maple leafs and their existence is a joke. everyone has been pretty nice to me and the gms have been more than helpful for me so far. realized that ive managed to somehow double up in my updating. god i should stop drinking. too bad im in saskatchewan now.

Before being drafted I had heard a lot about each team and the way there were run, the type of people on the team etc... With the St. Louis Scarecrows all I ever heard was how this team was a tight knit group with a winning mindset and boy did that ever show the moment I walked into that locker room. All of the rookies walked in together to meet the team and everyone was HYPED. Music blaring, little setups near our locker space that were personally designed for each player to remind them of home. Many of us traveled far to be here and it's difficult so it was just awesome to see them put in that effort to make us feel comfortable. After a little mingling and getting to know each other we got straight to business. Obviously it's still off-season so we didn't do anything on the ice but the coach and GM gave us our expectations for the season and they are high. The motivation and morale of our group is high. We want to win.

Falcons Canada

New places, new beginnings. Is what I would have said if Theodor Larsson ended up at a new team. Instead, he is back with the Yukon "doggies". And the welcoming he received as he re entered the locker room was not a warm welcome, but a cheery welcome back. Captain Billy Blaze was the first one to stretch an arm out and give some cheerful words of encouragement and congratulations on being drafted 2nd overall. Following after was some other recognizable names. Pablo Pombo, Lord Farquaads, Adison Bond and the former 1st overall selection from last season in Oles Kobliska were also very welcoming to us new guns. Yes, us new guns. I did not arrive here alone, and I did not arrive here alone from Sweden. Later in the draft, Shea O'Connall was selected. Later than that, Joel Eriksson was also selected. Two defenders to really shore up the back end for the future.

[Image: K6ykz0o.png]
Theodor Larsson
TimberTimber
pridepride

Connor McKeil shouldered his brand new CCM hockey bag, fresh from signing his endorsement deal with the hockey gear legends and made his way towards the Armada’s locker room, a well worn Blackhawks trucker hat and Ray ban sunglasses completing his otherwise winter appearance in the brisk Alaska air.

McKeil had an idea of what likely awaited him in the locker room. Not only was it not his first rodeo, he personally knew the General Manager and expected his first day to be…well…memorable.

Waiting for Connor at the door was the legend himself Brian Morley, a mischievous grin on his face as they shook hands. “welcome to Anchorage Connor!”

They walked to the locker room where Connor stepped foot for the first time, and to his rather unease it was mostly empty, just a couple of players adjusting their stick tape and skates. “You’re right over here buddy, you’ll be right next to Dusty Rhodes. Take your time, take it in…any questions you got my number!” Said Morley, who then winked and headed for the door.

McKeil’s paranoia only increased, then form the door…”oh and Connor…we’re gonna get you, just when you least expect it. “

S2, S5, S18, S22 Challenge Cup Champion
Hall Of Famers: (S7) Alex Reay | (S28) Daniel Merica

[Image: mckeiltbb.png]
[Image: Merica5.gif]
Thanks to Ragnar, Wasty and myself for the sigs.

When I first walked into the Newfpundland Beserkers locker room, I was greeted with thr strangest sight. There was a dead fish, I was later told it was a cod and a big bottle of some kind of liquor, which I promptly found out was a rum called screech. There was a bunch of hooting and hollering about getting screeched in and kissing the cod, I was overwhelmed with all of the noise snd before I knew it I was being poured a shot of rum which I downed without a second thought. Then the fish was pushed into my face and I was told to kiss it, atleast that's what I gathered as the guy that was putting the dead fish in my face was rather hard to understand. Once I got my wits about me, I kissed the cod, there was even more hollering and cheering and that is how I became an official Beserker.

[Image: Bk1689.gif]

Walking, or more accurately lumbering, into the locker room revealed to Hodor how Regina truly intakes the new draft class:
- Regina is a team that truly respects the characters they get into their locker room. When Hodor entered, he received a complementary Bran. He lept down from above the doorframe onto Hodor's back but it felt so natural that he didn't even flinch. Talk about customized service.
- As part of the hazing, the team made Hodor hold all the doors for everyone. ALL the doors. If the team was walking through two doorways they'd have to shuffle into the small space and let Hodor by to open the exiting doors. If someone wanted to crap their brains out at the local club they'd have to call Hodor out of his sleep first to come over and let them into the bathroom and their stall and to open the toilet lid (the toilet door, they call it) before they had access to the toilet. Hodor loved helping so he didn't mind, but the team might have had second thoughts that time he almost didn't close the edritch gateway in their locker room closet because he wanted to see the pretty bats.

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget

terry leviathan was very nervous to join the great falls grizzlies. terry really thought that montana wasnt a real place so going to great falls was a surreal experience. after i got over the sheer disbelief i experienced upon discovering that montana is in fact a real place, i made my way to the rink to get ready for my first practice with the team. when i walked in the room everyone just kind of looked up and me went back to what they were doing. i think i might have heard someone laugh when i came in. as i was putting on my skates, i heard someone say "new guy smells like shit". I made sure to shower 3 times before coming to practice so i dont know how that could even be possible. as i got on the ice, my teammates kept shooting the puck at my head. overall practice suucked the end.

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

The first time Nevek Kove step foot in this locker room was years ago. It's a surreal feeling. As a hometown boy, he spent so many summer here in the Quebec City Citadelles development camp. A week long training for young hockey players. While the young players are not seated in the Citadelles main locker room, they still got to visit it each summer and see some of the players, skate with them sometime as well. It's surreal to be here for the first time, wearing the Citadelles jersey, and knowing you'd be playing for your hometown team with your brother. When Nevek presented himself to training camp with his older brother, he just was out of words. He didn't know what to say and tried to avoid being emotional. The Citadelles picked him with the last pick of the 2nd round and Nevek would do all he could to show his new team that he deserve to be here and would, one day, enter in Quebec City record book.

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

Finn cheerfully waved at a few of the arena workers as he rushed into the rink for his first day as Kelowna Knight with a black coffee in his hand and his hockey bag thrown over his shoulder. He had only been in Kelowna since late last night and had only been able to get a few hours of sleep. However, he was buzzing with excitement to get started. It had felt like such a long off-season since he had been recovering from an ankle sprain that he played with for the last few weeks of his last season with his hometown junior team. When he arrived in the locker room, he was pointed off in the direction of his stall. Finn dropped off his bag at the stall and was immediately greeted by a few of his teammates. He shook hands with his teammates and exchanged pleasantries. Unfortunately, English was not his first language so while he could speak and understand it, he was still pretty shy about speaking it. All he could express was how happy he was to be there and how excited he was to get out on the ice. There didn’t seem to be anything special for the rookies but that was okay with Finn. He just couldn't wait to get on the ice and have a blast.

Being drafted first overall will give anyone a fat head and inflated ego, but add on being the son of the greatest goalie in SHL history and you get the unearned confidence of a twenty something year old whose dad is a lawyer. Naturally the Armada boats had to take this kid down a peg or two. Welcoming all the new draftees in style, stalls with nameplates, new jerseys all done up with names and numbers, champagne flowing. All seemed great until D got to his spot. In a sim corner of the locker room, D found his stall, name typed out in Comic Sans, number zero on his jersey, name spelled “Watch your bag you smug asshole” on his jersey and to top it all off, sparkling pickle juice in his flute. To anyone else this would be a wake up call, but D’s confidence outweighed their attempts to bring him down. Immediately donning the jersey and downing the pickle juice with a smile, the others could tell this asshole wasn’t going anywhere.

[Image: awesomecakes.gif]
[Image: beautifulphoenix.gif]

I walked into the room and honestly, it felt like I was home. Despite growing up in Sweden, my mother moved to Newfoundland when my parents divorced so I ended up spending a lot of time playing hockey in the rinks there. There isn't as big of a population, so you end up getting mixed in with other age groups and eventually I got to skate with the Berserkers team a bunch. I fell in love with the franchise and to finally have the chance to play for them is a dream come true.

They greeted me with open arms and it was like I wasn't a new draftee - I was family. It's the kind of experience as a prospect that you can only really hope for. We've already been talking about holding game nights and team socials, so there's a real buzz around the room. I think we're all excited for what's about to come and the new era of Berserkers hockey in Newfoundalnd.

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

Potential Spam is no stranger to new places. Every city he went there were new faces and new scams, but no place has ever felt like home. When the bus pulled into downtown Kelowna he was flabbergasted. Of all the cities that he’d traveled to, most were simply a means to an end but there was something special about this one that set it apart from the others. As he wandered around he couldn’t quite place what made this newest city feel so unique. It wasn’t the lake, as he’d run plenty of car insurance and warranty scams throughout Detroit and it wasn’t just being in Canada as he had famously duped the mayor of Toronto into trying meth instead of off-brand Advil. When he first stepped foot into the Kelowna locker and met the rest of the team he felt something inside that he had never experienced before. Was this the sense of belonging that he had been searching for for so long? Or could the scammer be getting scammed?