Create Account

S66 SMJHL PT #1 - New Places
(This post was last modified: 07-10-2022, 10:30 PM by Jayba1t. Edited 1 time in total.)

Congratulations on being drafted! The hard work starts now, and your teammates are all ready to get to know you!.
Written option: You just walked into the lockerroom for the first time. How did your new teammates respond? Did they organize anything to welcome you and the other draftees to the team? Must include 150 words.
Graphic option: Make an image depicting a couple of members of your team hanging out together in the locker room. Must include the team logo somewhere.
Reward
3 TPE for doing the thing. (Just one of the things, not both.)
Only S66 SMJHL Rookies (S67 SHL Draftees) are eligible for this PT.
Link PBE, WSBL, ISFL or SSL submissions here to get credit for affiliate claims.
Do not claim this TPE until a post is made in the claim thread.
Deadline: Sunday, July 17th @ 11:59pm PST

[Image: jay2233.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @High Stick King and @Maxy for the sigs!

Raptors Argonauts 
[Image: m59RPb7.png][Image: FcWmVTl.png]

PT Pass

[Image: Screenshot_87.png]

Oh boy, the reaction I got from the room was unbelievable. These guys are my fucking brothers, for 4 seasons, and after. The first thing they did was cheer for me as I entered the locker room, and they pulled out my new Grizzly sweater with my name on it and let me tell you, I cried, but that’s okay, real men cry. Then, my fellow draftees came in, first it was Neal Newland, and I ran to him and picked him up in a bear hug, which is fitting considering the team we were on. After only minorly bruising his ribs, I set him down. Then, I saw him, he was standing there, smiling at me and a glint in his eye. It was Terry Laviathan, my new god damn center. I ran up to him and gave him a firm handshake, and I told him I was gonna clap all of his passes into the back of the net, because I clap bombs. We hung out as a team for a couple hours, and then said our goodbyes. I can’t wait to play with and for these guys.

[Image: HjWsKHU.png]
Signature by @enigmatic

[Image: ohmEd0h.png] [Image: apAE8qn.png]

When Brendan got the call that he was being drafted by the Regina Elks, he was so shocked. Not because Regina drafted him, but because he didn't expected to be picked that high, a great feat for a french player. While under the shock, he bought plane tickets to Regina to be the first one in his new locker room and surprise everyone else. When he entered the locker room of his new home for the next few years, he didn't found any of his teammates, but a deer munching on a pair of gloves who, when he saw Brendan, took a hockey bag with his horns and ran away. Brendan left everything on the ground and ran after the deer, trying to get back that bag that he stole. After an hour running in the weat fields around Regina, Brendan's new coach phoned him to try to find him after he entered the locker room with Brendan's bag in the middle of the place. He explained that that deer wasn't a normal deer, but @EsAmYk, an alumni who loved to come back to regina to practive during the summertime and that he didn' stole anything, it was his own hockey bag and he was now returning to Minnesota to play for the next season of the Monarchs, but now that he lost him, Brendan was now out of breath, somewhere in the middle of a field, outside of Regina. What a start of a new life.

[Image: uktCsuX.png]

Before I even stepped foot into a locker room I was so excited to meet some new people. I was a little nervous at first gotta admit. For me, meeting new people can sometimes be scary, but I didn't let that get in my way, this is a first impression you don't wanna forget. 

I'm greeted by everyone right off the bat and it was very welcoming, everyone said the usual "Congratulations" and "Welcome to the team" I didn't get to introduce myself to quite everyone on the team but I'll make sure to reach out to everyone once we've all settled in for the season. I finish the handshakes and the hugs and the everyone in locker room split down the middle to reveal my locker, I got pretty red as I'm not the best at being on the spot but I liked it obviously. And there it is my first pro sweater, looks crisp in my eyes. I grab it, toss that bad boy on and say "So how do I look?"

The feeling of it all? Nothing short of amazing. Everyone's been so nice and just about every question I've had so far has been answered. The first thing I did when the draft was out of the way and talked to the Kelowna Gm who scouted me and we talked for a bit about how excited I was and then I messaged the other Kelowna GM and we talked about how excited I was and I thanked both of them for giving me a chance.

How did they feel? I'm not too sure, to be honest, I hope they felt the same way I did in that locker room, It's probably kind of dialed down for a "First-gen" cause we can up and "POOF" Like I've seen happen many times before. But I want to show that I'm here to do the same thing as them and have fun while I'm doing it.

[Image: hammer_time_sig.png]

[Image: gXlAFBa.png][Image: 8CbZQAJ.png][Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Once the excitement of the draft finally settled down, (and after a couple sleepless nights), it was on to the next step, rookie day at the Cross  Arena! The front office had invited the entire rookie class to attend an orientation, take a tour of the rink and meet the team all in a single whirlwind event. So we arrived bright and early, a good hour before everyone else, and spent the first few minutes just chatting amongst ourselves. It felt good to meet other guys in the same boat as us, guys going through the same awkward adjustments, so we could all understand one another and commiserate over our common experiences. (In other words, they made for a great support group).

The first official task of the day, was an orientation meeting with the assistant coaches. They gave us a warm welcome and a series of handouts loaded with helpful information. Info which included the location of the washrooms, concession stands and (in case of emergency), the exterior muster point. Good to know, in case I accidentally (on purpose) pull the fire alarm!  Biggrin

After that, it was off on a guided tour of the facility to look around and start getting familiar with the place we'd soon call home. Of everything we saw, I have to say I was struck most with the sheer size of the building, as it was so much bigger than the barns I was used to playing in. Once I saw the inside of the Cross, I couldn't help thinking this was going to be a big step up in class, and I hoped I was ready to make the transition.

Last but certainly not least, we got to meet the team in the locker room! If you've ever played hockey, you know there's an unwritten rule that what happens in the locker room, stays in the locker room, but for the purposes of this piece, I'm sure they won't mind if I share a little of what transpired. Unbeknownst to us, the coaches had arranged the players in a large semi-circle, so when they brought us into the room, we were completely surrounded. Talk about being in the spotlight! As soon as we arrived, right on cue the Timber broke into a chant of: "Rookie, rookie, rookie!!

But it got even better than that. As the chants became completely coordinated in unison, so half the circle started with 'rook" and the other half concluded with "e!" It was kind of like getting hazed in an odd 'stereo tunnel' ceremony with sound waves bouncing off us from every direction! Once the chanting ran it's course, everyone milled together and began a series of friendly fist bumps and pats on the back. The entire room filled with warm smiles and verbal greetings as the vets seemed genuinely pleased to meet us.

All in all, it was a much better greeting than I had envisioned, and it was a great relief we didn't get the bucket of Gatorade treatment. It really felt like we'd already started coming together, which was great, 'cause pretty soon it would be just us against the world... Taking it all in, my mind flashed back to the butterflies in my stomach as I started that first ever walk from the car to the arena. How foolish it seemed in retrospect.

You know, they say acceptance is a magical thing, that it possesses a special quality that makes you feel secure and drives all the negative energy away. And you know what? I think they're right.

A proud member of the Season 67 [Image: 4star.png] Four Star Cup champion Maine Timber!!  Timber

[Image: swift.png]

Maine Timber Alternate Captain!  Timber

Thanks to @Merica for the sig!

- - - - - - -

[Image: popcorn.gif] If you Heart hockey  Fan Fiction, (FHM style): Click Here!

This one was an interesting one for me, as I didn’t really have any idea where I would end up. I was patiently watching the SMJHL Draft stream, trying to see which team would decide to call my name. Finally, pick 19 came around and Carolina decided to make their selection, and there my name was on the screen.

When I got to Carolina, the team was extremely receptive and was super excited to have me on board. There were some player agents and some familiar faces that I had known/recognized, so it was really nice to get to meet everyone. Carolina also brought in quite a few draftees, so we were all trickling in one after the other, so I got to see some people from my draft class and get to know them. The team had all of the new draftees’ jerseys hung up in the dressing room, and seeing that as I walked in was surreal, this was getting underway. One thing is for sure, I’m ready to get going. Carolina got themselves a steal at 19.

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

Man! The first day in the locker room was wild. My agent only told me what it was like to be a late round pick. You get greeted by everyone, but there is no fanfare there isn't much of anything. Being a first round pick was completely different. Out of the new players introduced to the locker room, I was the last one. Everyone stood around in eager anticipation for Meowski to walk in. You could hear the players banging their sticks on the floor. You could a low roar as the coach finished saying, "And now, for the 8th overall pick in the SMJHL draft, PAWTER MEOWSKIIIIIII." The locker room doors burst open from the sheer noise alone. Everyone was cheering as Meowski came in. They actually game him a locker to his long time friend Lachlan Moon.

Since being in the locker room, its just an excellent place. The current and past players who come to mentor the SMJHL players are amazing. Management is incredibly friendly and Helped Meowski move into Maine with a beautiful apartment. Everyone has made it such an easy transition for Meowski

[Image: andyj18.gif]

[Image: andybj18.gif]

[Image: pawter_meowski.png]

Well when I got into the Armada locker room everyone was trying to figure out just who I was. Which is not real surprising since I'd been keeping a low profile and was drafted at the end of the draft. Once they figured out who I was the reception was pretty great, like welcoming back a prodigal son. People were interested in what type of player I was and I told them I modeled my game after the legendary Bob Probert. I think people only saw the fighting stat and didn't realize that I have a good plan in place to be an offensive force as well as an enforcer on the ice. Not sure if it will work or not but people seemed open to it. Looks like they just want people to be who they want to be and that's a good thing for me since I have a specific plan in mind. So yeah overall a very positive vibe and i look forward to great things happening in the Armada.

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]

When August Von Hecht walked into the Sullivan Center he went through the sign in process and got the directions around. Its a big place on the inside, almost shockingly. The other thing that felt different was that, there was not really a big party waiting for all the prospects. At least not immediately.

As he wandered around to find the GM's office, August passed by the ice where a handful were skating or practicing on their own. No Coach involved. Just a small group chilling with their passion. Others were filling out the gym, something August prefers to do himself. Everyone seemed to just be able to have free reign. Our boy form Germany met with GM Ragnar and was welcomed aboard. He also met with Coach Gabe. After that he was allowed to do as he pleased.

Of course he hit the gym for both weights and some reflex training. Everyone he met from prospects taken earlier in the draft, to long time Armada players welcomed him as if he had been there the whole time. It really brought the shy German out of his shell.

[Image: CptSquall.gif]

Never in my wildest dreams did I think I'd ever be picked 6th OA, and on top of that the Citadelles actually moved up from 9th to 6th just to take me. So walking into the locker room for the first time was really overwhelming, I was still reeling and in disbelief from the events of the draft, there were so many new faces and names to learn, and overall I was just so excited to be there. It all happened and passed like a blur.

It's always a little nerve-racking to enter an LR as the new guy and this time I was pretty much the only new guy being brought in so everyone already knows each other. The fog starts to lift a bit and I start trying to assimilate with the rest of the team and find out that every single person there is amazing and welcoming. The QCC room is very close knit and it was a special feeling to be welcomed into their family. Its also almost like I'm able to recognize people from past lives too because there are a lot of familiar faces,

[Image: CrazyMojitoSHL.gif]
Canada Blizzard Stars Citadelles Citadelles Stars Blizzard Canada 
[Image: d9J5DHT.png][Image: 16PgOBm.png]

Nichael Fitted stepped into the Whalers locker room. It was day 1 of camp, yet he felt that he had been here before. Every corner turned beneath the arena was preceded by the knowledge of what it would reveal. He couldn't explain it if he tried, and thus decided not to think too much about it. If it felt like home, he might as well treat it like home. Besides, he couldnt even remember how he got here in the first place. He knew how he would gotten here, but struggled to draw up any detailed he had experienced himself. it was as if he had not existed yesterday. As if he had been created by some greater entity, his memories woven into place all at once, as if grafted from another. But what was the difference? would anyone say a sweater knitted together over the course of 2 decades be any different to one created overnight? If it is indeed the same sweater, would you notice the difference? But these were not questions Nichael fitted concerned himself with. Indeed, since stepping foot into the locker room, he had high fived and chest bumped every member of the team. Perhaps, dear reader, it would behoove us to lower our cognitive aim, shoot for an easier target. Low hanging fruit, as it were. Perhaps even fish in a barrel. Why struggle to unravel that which has been so neatly placed when the thing itself is barely aware of its own construction? Go with the flow, as they say.

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

When I first touched down in Vancouver, it didn't feel like I was really there yet. Being in a big new city for the first time usually has me feel an immediate reaction, one way or the other. This time, the only thing on my mind was getting to the rink. Once I got there and was greeted by management, I started to feel like I was really somewhere new. But getting into the locker room was on another level. Nothing was planned for me, nothing to make me feel special. Just the players greeting me and being friendly. This is exactly what I wanted. I didn't want the big welcome mat to be rolled out. I just wanted to be brought in and be treated like everyone else. So right away I could tell this is exactly the place that I want to spend my junior career. Everyone understands that no one needs special treatment, and that we're all in it together. Of course, there's always the chance that the other draftees got a special party and I wasn't invited.

[Image: Flusso.png]
Sig by @Evil_AllBran

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

SSL Affiliate Claim

@Carpy48, @sulovilen, and @Ragnar are signature gods
[Image: MaverickLegend.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png] [Image: zyyvIFD.png]
Dragonite

Based on a true story

I guess you can call it a welcome it was... a bit hectic. My GM met me at the doors to our home rink and showed me to our locker room. Before we even made it into the room we could hear shouting. IT WAS A GODDAMD EXECUTION @slothfacekilla Base Packs was on trial for racism he almost got beheaded with a skate strapped to a hockey stick before management ran in with the tape. Turns out the accuser made it all up for clout and apologized. With Base's name cleared we finally got to throw a party for all the rookies with significantly less execution.

[Image: il_fullxfull.2951208976_e3ir.jpg]

[Image: zFE0mSA.png] [Image: HKi05IH.png] [Image: KS8UYv9.png]