Create Account

S40 PT 1: Setting Goals

The name Cody Johansen isn't a famous one. A prospect who missed the draft sounds like someone whose priorities aren't what they should be, but as far as Cody and his aspirations in the league as a first year player matter, the most important thing is going to be consistency and reliability. The competitiveness and competition that's prevalent in the SMJHL means a player that is as rough around the edges as Cody is at this point in time will need to find his feet first before he can hope to challenge for playing time or a big role on any prospective team that chooses to sign him and hand him an opportunity. It's going to be important to see if Cody has the ability to play in the role that his team needs him to and if he has the skill to go beyond what is asked of him this season. Uncertainty makes it impossible for Cody to give explicit ideas of what he can hope to achieve this season but for any rookie a debut season spent going above and beyond what their team requires of them would be a good one, and if this undeaftwd free agent can do that then he will be off to a perfect start by his standards.

Muhammad McLovin always wanted to be a household name. Now, luckily enough for him, he gets to do with with his two line mates he grew up with from Pee Wee hockey right into the SMJHL with the Prince George Firebirds. He knows going into this season it may be a rough year since the team is considered to be in a rebuild, so he plans on taking the good with the bad and making the most of his opportunities. He just wants to grow as a player to help his team get into a better position for next season because he wants to win trophies. At the end of the day, you could say his goals are to keep his spot on the top line by the end of the season, have a positive +/-, and get drafted by an SHL team. He remains optimistic about the three and remains hungry for any training opportunity so he can grow as a player so he can continue to take that next step. He's very excited to get things started with his new, and old, teammates during his rookie campaign in the SMJHL. He even feels that a playoff appearance isn't too much to ask for either if the team continues to work hard and get done what they need to do. The undrafted rookie surely is optimistic for the season ahead, in fact, behind undrafted motivates him. When asked about it, he said: "Yeah, I may have missed the draft, so who knows where I could have gone, if I even were to be drafted. I'm happy with where I ended up, I get to play with great friends, and without the pressure of "X Round Draft Pick", now I get to be Muhammad McLovin, and you will know my name by the time I hang up the skates for the last time."

[Image: tumblr_msqiv2SUIk1rey868o1_500.gif]

FalconsChiefsUsa

Rahotep Tutankhamun unlike most rookies, has a challenge to live up to his fathers reputation. They both play a very similar game, they bang bodys, and bury the puck in the back of the net. There is little to no debate on that, he actually outgrew his father which means hes an even scarier human being to see charging at you full tilt. He is expected to start the season out playing second line wing. Hes put pretty big expectations on himself to finish just over half a point per game. Which would mean he wants to finish 25-30 point range when the season closes out. His pedigree suggest that is possible, but the SMJHL is a different beast since his fathers playing time.

He expects himself to crack over 100 hits, and hopefully to atleast finish with a positive plus minus. He realizes he comes to a Montreal team that is lacking a true blue leader, and is full of mostly rookies. He has no shyd away from taking on sort of a mentorship role for some of the new blood. He may only be a rookie himself, but his father played and raised him knowing what it is like to not only play in the SMJHL, but the SHL aswell.

West Kendall

[Image: 2zteQ3y.png]

[Image: Too9kfy.png]
 Player Page  |  Update Page

Lucas Rammer is out to prove everyone wrong and show everyone who was picked before him how much of a better player he is. He thinks that he should have been picked number 1 overall and is going to RAM everyone in his way to get his team to the coveted Four Star Cup Championship. Rammer is looking forward to playing on any line that he is put on and will make sure that his line is one of the most effective lines in the entire SMJHL. Rammer has been putting a lot of time and effort in the gym and is making sure that he has some of the best equipment that money can buy. He is going to be a battering ram on the ice and will definitely be the talk of the town in the SMJHL and even turn some heads of GM's in the SHL. His goal is to get to the SHL but will not leave until his job is finished here in the SMJHL. Vancouver the great hockey city knows their hockey pretty well and the Whalers have chosen a stud with the 21st pick. EVERYBODY needs to keep their eyes on Rammer before it is too late.

204 Words.

There doesn't seem to be any information out there about Edgars Skalde. All GMs have had to go on this kid was that he was immensely talented and came out of nowhere in the weeks leading up to the SMJHL Draft. That in itself leads to a lot of speculation and doubt, which led to him slipping from his projected 5th overall draft position to 16th overall to the St. Louis Scarecrows. His lack of a drive to prove himself to those around him could have been a possible reason for him dropping so far in the draft, but Skalde himself doesn't seem to care, claiming he just wants to get his season started with the Crows and earn his role on his team the fair and honest way.

Possessing smooth and strong skating strides and an excellent array of passing tools in his arsenal, it shouldn't be hard for Skalde to find himself a place in the St. Louis lineup for the immediate future. He also seems to have his head on a swivel and backchecks much more than your average player which leads you to believe that he has a real place in the pros one day. Not one dimensional in any aspect, the sky is the limit for Edgars Skalde. It remains to be seen if he will live up to that potential.

[Image: 46381_s.gif]
sigs by ToeDragon84
[Image: Jpcs9tG.png]

<a href='index.php?showuser=2077' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-30'>ej27</a> <a href='index.php?showuser=2101' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-30'>Jenny</a>

I was in the middle of writing this media that fulfills the requirements of this PT 1 and just published it here: http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showt...dpost&p=2450987

Can this count as my PT, or would you like me to write something else? It's well over 200 words.

Quote:Originally posted by Dan^2@Mar 26 2018, 12:01 AM
<a href='index.php?showuser=2077' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-30'>ej27</a> <a href='index.php?showuser=2101' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-30'>Jenny</a>

I was in the middle of writing this media that fulfills the requirements of this PT 1 and just published it here: http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showt...dpost&p=2450987

Can this count as my PT, or would you like me to write something else? It's well over 200 words.

Media can't count as your PT, but if you took some words out of that article and/or rewrote a bit and put it here for the PT, that would be fine. Smile

[Image: thistidalwave.gif]

ArmadaUkSpecters
Player | Updates

This season I am treading newbie waters again as I have finally made my first re-create. It has been a long time since I have been really active, in any sim leagues, so I don't know what to expect out of Koda Reece. He got drafted by the Halifax Raiders, a great team, but a stacked veteran team so the playing time will be very small. This is just a growth season for Reece as he will be on the last defensive pairing and only getting 10-15 percent of the ice time. Because of that I am going to take an unconventional route and focus on building up my secondary attributes and save the primary for later, when I will actually get more ice time. I was selected in the third round so none of the teams really had much faith in me to produce. Hopefully I can improve my draft stock for the S41 SHL Draft while giving Halifax an unexpected solid contributor for the next three seasons or so. It will be a pretty boring season for Reece, fortunately the team is good, and hopefully Reece can ride the coat tails of the veterans to a possible Four Star Cup.

202 words

[Image: zeus-stom-draft-night.png]

Going 2nd overall is exciting and all, but Alex Andani now has some lofty expectations going into his first season in the J. The Whalers were in my top 3 expected destinations so I'm thrilled to kick off my SHL career with a team I wanted to go to. Had I gone to another team, my first priority would have been getting to know the rest of the team and what their team composition was like. Do they have a lot of scorers? Passers? Heavily focused on defense? That sort of thing. I know that Vancouver was after a future no. 1 center so I'm excited to have an opportunity to fill that role. My first real goal will be to get my ST closer to the 70 mark so I can have a real impact in the FO circle. I want to be near the top when it comes to FO% at seasons end, and this first goal will help me achieve that secondary goal.

Next, I'd like to get my defense and passing higher, as well as my puck handling and skating. I believe these skills will greatly help me on defense and the penalty kill - a role I anticipate playing a great deal of moving forward. It'll also help me on offense, as Andani will end up being a pass first, shoot later type of player. I would be very surprised to ever see him near the top of the goals category at any point of his career.

Finally, I'd like to establish a reserve fund within my back account so I can always pay for my training and equipment. I can anticipate myself not wanting to do media every single week of the year, so I'd be able to draw on this when needed. It'll also be nice to have the ability to respec on demand in the event I want to go a different direction, for whatever reason.

[Image: Carbine.gif]
Sig Credit: Suavemente, rum_ham, Turd Ferguson

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

[Image: 711381262207811636.png]

Hello my friend. I am Mister Shit. The best SHL Defenseman world. Do not worry. I am best player. They say, 2nd round easy. I am best I go 5th round. Not worry I am win best defend man award and I am win best score award. This not bold in predication, this is guaranteed. Not need worry I am carry Montreal with my massive penis which I am use for stick because I am best SHL hockey player in world. I am McDavid with good team. Montreal is great team. Very great. Am like this team as I am very good defenseman and I will prove hate wrong. I am have that 85 score am best score. I am no care that I am defense. I am like Karlsson, not fuck Daniel karlsson am like Erik, am best defenseman in SHL not worry. I am best draft person too. 5th round, no. I am go 1st round in draft that are matter. I am go first in SHL draft, mark word. At rate like this I am go last there too. They prob want inactive than me. It ok, I am will win game and be best shl player world. No doubt.

word 203

Well I’m Doug Dimmadome owner of the Dimmsdale Dimmadome and let me tell you all how excited I am to be here and a member of the Prince George firebirds. I can not contain my excitement when my buddies and linemates all through my years told me they were also added to the team. Muhammad McLovin and Steve McGirthensons. Together we make up the ugliest nastiest line in hockey oh and we’re rookies. We are here to make an impact on the league and we are here to stay. We join in a rebuilding year but we still have high hopes of getting better as the season progresses. Once chemistry is built anything can happen. Me being the play maker I expect to see so fancy passes from myself out there and McLovin on the wing banging bodies and fighting anything that moves and McGirthensons holding down the middle of the ice with his 2-way play. My goal is to be drafted into the Shl and I will do whatever it takes. I will be glad to join any team who may ever want me in the future. So I’m gonna put my head down work hard with my linemates and friends and here to s great season and career

[Image: C7dtIWsVsAA3wdJ.jpg]
Doug Dimmadome owner of the Dimmsdale Dimmadome Wolfpack Armada Usa

<div align="center">Kevin Maddox is very excited about this new chapter in his career. He is thrilled beyond words to have been drafted by the Colorado Mammoths and is looking forward to proving his worth. He doesn’t want to set the bar too high, with this being his rookie year and all. To Kevin, it’s all about the team. Don’t get him wrong, he wants personal success too but first and foremost he wants the team to be successful. Maddox is a great team player and he intends to prove that. Maddox wants to strive for a good amount of assists, maybe a goal or two and a decent plus/minus rating. He plans on pulling his weight and contributing to the overall betterment of the team. He will no doubt be working hard and training hard each and every week in order to prove his worth and earn every minute out on the ice. Maddox wants to be one of the best defensemen in the league and he will stop at nothing to do so. He knows that the past is the past and that it has no barring on his future. All he is worried about is the here and now. Improving himself, his ability and ultimately his team.</div>

[Image: CcdSfiJ.png]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

Troy McClure Jr intends to be leading the league in points and plus minus... next year.

This year, Troy plans on training. Hard. He's going to be the first person at the rink and the last person to leave. His diet will be the tears of those who were dumb enough to go to his side of the ice. This season Troy hopes to be on a line with his buddies who also got drafted by the mighty mammoths! However, because of troys unique build ( putting points into the weakness first) I don't think Troy is going to be in the top half of the D pairings. However, i expect a defensive minded offensive defensemen to flourish in bottom half minutes.

Troy considers this season a success because he was drafted very high, but it will be a huge success to prove the mammoths smart by grabbing him early. Troy expects to be in the middle of the league for points and assist, slightly under middle for goals, and top 10 for plus minus. Under the average for ice time will be fine. Oh. And also a long playoff birth with a cup at the end is in the cards for year one. Troy predicts that the mammoths will be top 10 in points, assists, goals, and beatdowns given. Hopefully, I'm correct in most of these predictions.

[Image: TROYMCCLURE.gif]
Colorado Raptors Capitan S42-Until Forever!
Czechia Wants you! Ask about a transfer!!

"I like to do these meetings with every rookie," Coach Keygan Rodger says. "I mean they're essentially bullshit, you understand because whatever it is you'd like to achieve in your rookie year will be completely overridden by the team's needs like a queen hiveminding a worker bee --"

Dan stops nervously fidgeting with his phone and looks up, trying to judge exactly how serious Rodger is being and catches the man looking right him. Dan blinks finding himself weirdly awkward under the sudden scrutiny, and Rodger erupts in a fit of laughter.

"I'm fucking with you kid, tabernak --'just trying to see if you're paying attention," he gets out while wiping his eyes.

"Right," Dan manages, feeling wrong-footed.

"No seriously, tell me -- what do you want to do here? With us?" Coach continues, mirth receding and good humor remaining. "You only get one first year in pro hockey."

"Well -- I'm," Dan pauses. "You know, I left my whole life behind for this."

Dan looks up, realizing at the last minute that what's left his mouth isn't exactly what he intended to say. He has a response to this question, he's even been asked this question before, by other coaches on other teams, by the press in the last two weeks leading up to this draft and following the combine.

"Sorry, that isn't really what -- let me actually answer your question, yeah?" Dan tries again, trying not to stutter like an idiot. "My eye for passing got me here, it'd be great to find my stride with your defense, help them be more aggressive beyond the confines of the blue line. Rack up a few noteworthy assists and the like."

"Finish what you were saying before," Coach cuts in, and Dan finds him watching him with a sort of contained attentiveness.

"My dad and I, we left my mum when I was ten -- not because their marriage fell out or something like that, but because I wasn't going to have an opportunity to grow up a normal kid," Dan explains. "If we stayed with her and her family had any sort of say, and my dad insisted I deserved to grow up like a regular kid."

Dan grins into his lap, scuffing his shoes against the manky carpet of Roger's office. "He worked at a hotel, cooking steaks and other shit on a barbeque every night seven nights a week, just so I could have a normal life away from my mother's legacy -- from hockey, really."

"I'm a pretty shit son, considering," Dan shrugs, looking up again. "I guess I'd like to use this first season to make my dad proud."

"Well," Roger says after a minute. "That's a pretty lofty rookie season goal. I usually suggest starting off with something slightly more attainable like breaking a few records or the Zach Miller, but hey. Nothing wrong with wanting to make your pops proud."

"I mean, getting a game-winning goal or two wouldn't be too shabby either," Dan scratches his ear. "But since you asked."