Create Account

S69 PT #5: Everyone's a Critic February 26th @ 11:59 PM (PST)

[Image: zeoob.png?width=359&height=472]

[Image: symmetrik.gif]

Prince George Firebirds GM (S34-S36)
Toronto North Stars GM (S37-S43)
[Image: XtyrY3M.png]

For one, Noel typically avoids social media. He doesn't have an instagram or twitter or anything like that so he avoids a lot of the toxicity that comes with those apps. He has known a lot of young guys in the league that get really bothered and thrown off by some of the things they read on there and he decided it was just best avoided. He does however enjoy watching other league games on TV, but not his own games, so he doesn't often see much criticism directed towards him because of that. Occasionally he will hear about one of the reporters writing a scathing report or article or something about him if he has a bad game, but honestly he just does his best to ignore it. He knows those guys are just out to get clicks and attention so they will write whatever they need to to achieve that. He tries to just control what he himself can control and the only criticism he worries about are from his coaches, teammates, and his wife.

[Image: jjfrankiejj.gif]
Credits to OrbitingDeath, Tweedle, Incite, Wasty, and Slothfacekilla for sigs!

Player Profile | Update Page

Quote:PLAYER PROMPT - It's the morning after a real stinker of a game where your team got blown out 7-1. You're already feeling like junk about it when you turn on the TV and see local hockey journalists blasting you for your poor performance!

Written Task: Tell me how your player deals with negative attention from fans or journalists! Do you get in fights on Twitter? Ignore it all? Prove them wrong with your play? Do you say or do anything when you have to face a reporter that said something bad about you in a media scrum? Does this kind of thing get to your player, or is it just part of the job? (150+ words)

After a blowout loss like this, Jølñgüštrâädæviñçh DuBølk breaks down hard. At this point, no one is allowed to talk to him, as he blacks out after the final buzzer. As he sits down, he stares out into the locker room. Any attempts to get his attention are for naught, as he screams at them, then recedes back into his silent state. After about half an hour, he stops staring into space, and then proceeds to lie down on the floor in a fetal position and cry for around 15 minutes. He then reaches for the 24 pack of Bud Light he keeps in his foot locker and proceeds to drink half of a can. This is enough to allow him to sleep. He does not remove his skates or pads during any point of this process. The next morning (or when janitorial wakes him up), he proceeds to exit the room slowly.

(153 words)

[Image: MCP_.gif]
     [Image: ICON1.png][Image: lions-button-updates.png]

My player is very intense about what people say. While he doesn't let random comments get through his skin, he will put people in their place if they cross a line, specially if they mention something that is factually incorrect. That being said after a 7-1 stinker the first thing he'll do is call his 2 goalies, base pack to console him and tell him everything is alright, and scoochie, to berrate him and put the loss squarely on his shoulders. Afterwards comes the real fight. He will go on twitter and reply to every negative comment about the team with "L + ratio + nobody cares". That will usually ahut everyone up pretty quickly, specially coming from a player. This will proceed until people start calming down. Unless people keep going then its time to bring in the big guns by replying "no u" to all the posts. That is a day in the life of a philly post loss damage control operation

Raptors Raptors  Raptors Raptors Raptors Raptors

Forge Forge Forge Forge Forge Forge 

Germany Germany Germany Germany Germany Germany 

[Image: drokeep.gif]

When Igor Victory of the Philadelphia Forge in the simulation hockey league gets frustrated during a game, and the media catches on, he brings it with the same intensity. Not only does he go after himself, but he calls out everyone else involved. But first, and before he snaps on a player, he snaps on the media and tells them to portray it correctly and with accountability, or don't report it at all and get kicked out of the media brigade. This brigade contains traditional media, nation and local, local bloggers, segways with ipads taped into them while the ipad is zooming with the person who can only be there virtually on the other screen. It of course has a handler as well. There's also people who are just proxies, where the other person can't face time but can be on with audio only. There's a person who just holds a speaker towards the player, or the person who has an earbud in and will orate the person on the other line. Once that media is there, he snaps at the players who sucked during the game, and then goes hard on himself. He's a veteran on this team and one if it's too guys, he's gotta be one of the best and show these new kids what dedication looka like.

[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: wearingabear.gif]
render cred: @rum_ham, @Rangerjase @Ragnar @supertardis101 @Jogurtaa @Drokeep @evilallbran @Carpy48 @enigmatic
Player Page | Update Page
Armada  Forge  Finland

ya ok well first of all if you wanna know how i care about negative attention well the answer is who asked i dont pay attention to anything on that fake news social media i pay a lot of money to use twitter so i make sure that beauty of a platform is cleaned up and ready for me to yep away into the evening yeah ok maybe i get into a few fights with people like idiots that think philly isnt gonna win it all this year or luc got robbed of what was clearly the actual most valuable player of season sixty eight or that evil allbran isnt actually that evil or the snowflakes who thinks an elbows up style of play isnt good for the game whatever nerds eat this joint at a crisp sixty nine miles per hour flying down the wing into them gums anyways no none of it gets to me people on the internet are dumb as hell why would jacksonvilles finest give a damn

Whenever my player is dealing with negative attention at home it's easy I can have a power nap on my water matress but if I'm at a game the person I go to would be any of our alumni members because they've been through it before and it can relieve the stress instantly between periods especially since they have another vantage point during the action. Now the reporters are another story and I alsays try to totally avoid them any chance I get, my english isn't very great and all the spotlight about my performances can get to my head sometimes when I need to focus on the fundamentals. Just give me a little more time because I know I can get better with the stress and eventually be part of more interviews.. My power naps will never stop though, keep on hating social media warriors! :p

Platoon RAIYA Platoon RABINOV Platoon

player prompt written

Pablo Salvatici likes to hop on twitter after all his games and see what the fans and critics are saying about his performances. He tends to release his stress and anger over the game on twitter by bitching at people on twitter and responding to comments he feels are over the line. This has both endeared him to fans and garnered him lots of hatred. He chooses to do this rather than take it out on reporters after the game since he knows they are only doing their jobs as well. Pablo has pretty thick skin so he doesn't really mind this interaction with the fans but he knows that some other players aren't a fan of it so he takes on the brunt of it instead. The hatred that he gets causes him to play better and rile up his opponents more and more with each game, and score more points.

152 words

[Image: Jepox.gif]

Written Task

Tomas Lind does not really read any news about their game the day after, whatever the results of it. He does however have an issue with staying off of social media and tends to end up scrolling through the time line with whatever is being said about the team's performance. Tomas doesn't engage with the posts as a lot of the commentary, at least from the ones that are more involved in the game, tend to hit on valid points about the team games. The feeling that Tomas gets after reading through them is a willingness to prove them wrong in the next couple of games in that the team is able to learn from their mistakes and develop their game both individually and together. Tomas understands that this is something that comes with the territory and is something that cannot be avoided except the way that you handle and respond to it.

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]

[Image: canadice.gif]
Thanks to @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @Carpy48 and @High Stick King, for the signatures

[Image: jZtKPwK.png] | [Image: RyzkmSj.png] | [Image: HKi05IH.png]

[Image: EzY5jpl.png]

Player Prompt

Ryosuke Sato is not one to get in it with the media, fans or journalists. Typically when they have fans or journalists talking about the poor performance on the ice, Ryosuke Sato accepts that he has to work harder and put in more time at the gym. Sato takes the comments as motivation; however, he also knows that he is getting up there in terms of age and time will eventually catch up to him no matter how hard he works. Sato is also not one to be on social media so all the comments on there do not affect him in the slightest. Directly in the face of a reporter, Sato would often admit his poor performance and handle the whole situation as professionally as he can. Overall, the whole negative press and fan response is just another part of the job as a hockey player and Sato has been in the league for a long time to know how to handle the whole situation without making a big stir about it.

[Image: Dextaria.gif]

[Image: Niz2wua.png]  [Image: iB9r7kM.png]  [Image: 6by0kBi.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM, @Moreorless89 and @ValorX77 for the sigs!

PLAYER PROMPT

Slip McScruff sticks to the script. He has a social media intern (his little brother) who handles the negative press by blasting out memes about nachos and corn dogs. He gives a series of interviews along the lines of "We have to try harder and get more pucks in deep and on net". He is the media scapegoat for the team, taking all the heat so the rest don't have to. Once he absorbs all the negative press, the guys treat him to dinner and throw in to the end of season gift pot. If there are enough stinkers that Slip has to answer for, he could afford a new truck. All the other players are incentivized to not pay up, and Slip can't influence the play either way. It's a win - win - win, because even the journalists have an easy time with the trained media dummy. This is the secret to how Slip can afford to live on the minimum contract allowed by the league.

[Image: scrufdaddy2.gif]
credit to Flappy, ToeDragon, and Carpy

Patriotes Stars Panthers Platoon Specters Platoon Panthers Specters Aurora Jets Usa Scarecrows

[Image: Tqabyfh.png][Image: UDyqktK.png][Image: 1DL5JDX.png]