Create Account

S55 PT #4 - OK What's Your Expansion Team Idea

PT pass

[Image: Cracker_Pizza_sig.png?ex=6516546d&is=651...bb4003576&]
[Image: pride23gif.gif]

ISFL claim

[Image: 1rdovVs.gif]

[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]

If I were the GM of an expansion team, I would place my team in Nevada. As far as designs go, I would want the jersey and logos to take heavy inspiration from native american art styles in Nevada. The team would likely be placed in Vegas, but the name would draw no inspiration from which the city is most known for. The name would potentially draw from the terrain of Nevada, either from the Grand Basin or even the Fly Geyser. Colour wise, I'd want it to be similar to the orange-ish red seen in many pictures from Nevada plateau. For goal horn, the team would use Motorhead's "Born To Raise Hell." Obviously if players want their own goal song, they would get it. If not, Motorhead will blast through the arena starting when the lyrics are "Born to raise hell, born to raise hell. We know how to do it and we do it real well."

Sven Holmberg

[Image: hexx55.gif]

[Image: mitochondriafigure1.jpg]
Player Page | Update Page

If I were a gm I would begin my franchise in Atlanta, Georgia. This is a massive city that was home to the Thrashers for years before they moved to Winnipeg. Thrashers would be a great team name as it’s the state bird of Georgia, however the team name for this franchise will be the Gopher Tortoises, Georgia’s state reptile. It is in fact an actual animal native to Georgia and is up there with the Swamp Rabbits for unusual team names. For color scheme I was thinking crimson brown and gold. The brown representing the shell coloration of the gopher tortoise, the crimson for all the other Atlanta sports teams, and gold for the gold dome that sit atop Georgia’s capital. Our goal song would be Bonfire by Atlanta native Donald Glover/ Childish Gambino. The song even starts with a siren so it works pretty well for a goal horn too.

[Image: 89WAYjC.png]

[Image: LWpZMSR.png]

Well since I applied for an expansion I'm just going to give my words on that. Yes, I had applied to bring the SHL back to Portland. Honestly, what I wanted to bring back was the branding... the black and yellow... the Admirals. A city that prides on it's hockey heritage and history, it sits team-less in both the SHL and NHL. What many don't know is that the real life Portland Rosebuds were primarily used to form what is now the Chicago Blackhawks. In saying that on of the third jerseys, I wanted to tailor to the throwback of a Rosebuds jersey with horizontal lines. I always loved the team name (Admirals) and wouldn't have a desire to change that in the least, along with the branding. Back in the S30s the branding was awesome to the level that we put it on t-shirts... and it was awesome to see it rocked in real life pictures.

[Image: Wally.png]

If I were to get an expansion team, I would tell the league to nut up and allow us to expand into Europe. We're an online league, there's no reason we shouldn't be able to have locations worldwide. Are we protecting some idea of realism while we pound out thousand word articles to buy training points for our player? Or while we steal pictures off of google images to represent our players? Like hell yeah our guys could hop on a plane from Vancouver to Copenhagen in between games one day.

So kinda gave it away there but I'd be moving the team to Copenhagen. Branding would be the Pagans because it's an OP name that just flows off the tongue. Copenhagen Pagans. The team colours would be similar to the Baie Comeau Drakkar with gold, red and white. The goal song would be a Eurovision anthem, sure to please the ears of our fans and burn the virgin ears of our opponents. Our home ice? I don't know, google the biggest rink in and around Copenhagen and it's probably that.

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

For me personally, id like a slightly ridiculous team location and name. It's an online sim league, so I think having some fun instead of being so serious. The Nunavut Igloos is a nice and simple name that is synonymous with the area. The team colours would be white and yellow. These match the territorial flag. The logo would be an igloo (obviously) with the secondary logo being an inukshuk as it is also synonymous with the area. With the area one of the coldest in the planet it would be easy to keep the ice maintained. The area would be able to draw massive crows of polar bears and seals to cheer for the team. The local population would also come and enjoy the sport. While it would be a challenge to have a team in Nunavut, I believe it would be a crime to not try to establish a team there.

[Image: oPVEBnn.png]
Credit to Wasty
[Image: wolfpack3.png]
Credit to Sulovilen

If I was a expansion general manager I would create a team in Michigan titled the Ann Arbor Gummy Bears. I would want this team name because it's what I name most of my teams now when playing in create a team game modes/games in general. I choose this name as when school is in session I attend a university in Ann Arbor (I'm sure you can guess which one from that information...) As for why gummy bears. I'm known as grummy bear by a lot of my friends and someone made the joke that I should be called the Gummy Bears instead. The main colors of the team would be a bright-ish green of the gummy bear along with some forest green. The logo being a gummy bear in front of a background of a forest horizon line. Somewhat similar to the Los Angeles Panthers logo or kinda like the Winnipeg Jets logo.

If I were the GM of an expansion franchise I would put my team somewhere cool. Not somewhere like Texas. I'd probably go somewhere like Las Vegas. And I would name the Silver Knights. People might ask why not the Golden Knights? Well I like to be a little bit off brand ya know? We'd have entirely silver jerseys for the away set and entirely black jerseys for the home set. Practices would not be held on the ice, instead they would be in a knight training arena where they will ride on horses and learning sword fighting and jousting. Fuck regular practices, you don't learn a damn thing during them. These players would learn to be true warriors. Every playoff series is a battle and only warriors will come out on top.

Alternatively we could put another team in Calgary just to fuck with the Dragons. That'd be a dream. Top kek.

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

A really good expansion team would be in Philly. In real life Philly is a deep historied team with all 4 major sports as well as a indoor football team, a soccer team, a lacross team, and esports teams. It has teams that have gone through a lot, won a lot, lost a lot more. They went through a lot of hardships since there has been professional teams since the early 1900's. Philly is the perfect spot because they are a blue-collar spirit and there is a lot that could be done there. For the logo it will be hard because a lot of the names are already in use, and nothing really stands out, but the right GM will get the perfect logo for a SHL. I would love to see the logo incoorperate the USA flag with the colors stuff like that. and I would laso like to see a snake maybe? who knows

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]