Create Account

S63 SMJHL PT #4 - Pre-game playlist

I expect a bit of a battle about this topic as there seems to exist in almost every locker room I have been in so far: Rap vs. Rock. I very clearly fall into the latter camp here so I will do my best to help my side of the argument to provide the playlist with some of the best Punk, Indie or Hardcore music to get you pumped for the next game! So five songs I'll be playing are:

1. Dropkick Murphys - The Boys A Back / Yes, a bit cheesy and overused but always works to kick things off.
2. Green Day - Jesus of Suburbia / Five songs packed into one and all of them are great, perfect to settle down a bit and keep things flowing while you change into your gear after the initial kick-off hype.
3. The Thermals - A Pillar of Salt / Quick, easy, straight to the point.
4. ... And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead - The Rest Will Follow / A bit more complex and not as catchy as some of the others, perfect to contemplate and find your focus just as you are about to step on the ice.
5. Die Ärzte - Schrei nach Liebe / A true German punk classic, you don't really need to know or understand the lyrics as long as you are ready to passionately yell "ARSCHLOCH" every 30 seconds or so.

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: S63 SMJHL PT #4 - Pre-game playlist - by Ant - 02-02-2022, 08:39 PM
RE: S63 SMJHL PT #4 - Pre-game playlist - by AW13 - 02-04-2022, 04:09 PM
RE: S63 SMJHL PT #4 - Pre-game playlist - by RomanesEuntDomus - 02-05-2022, 07:08 AM