Create Account

S63 SMJHL PT #4 - Pre-game playlist

At this point in the season, you should be starting to get into the groove with your teammates. But it's not all about the chemistry when you're on the ice - it's the tunes you listen to in the locker room before you get out there that really help you bond.

Written Task: List 5 songs that are on your team's pre-game playlist, and tell us why they're played (150 word min.)
Graphic Task: Design the album cover for a CD-version of your team's pre-game playlist. Has to include at least the team name and logo.

Reward
3 TPE for doing the thing. (Just one of the things, not both.)

Only S63 SMJHL Rookies (S64 SHL Draftees) are eligible for this PT.
Link PBE, WSBL or NSFL submissions here to get credit for affiliate claims.

Do not claim this TPE until a post is made in the claim thread.
Deadline: Sunday, February 6th @ 11:59pm EST

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

Our 5 song pre-game list is :

1. Eye of the tiger
2. We are the champions
3. Believer
4. Not afraid
5. Paradise

This is my personal track list, which I choose to put on before games. If, of course, I have a chance, because we are many on the team and each has our own musical tastes and choices. Personally, I can cheer these songs up, motivate them. It gives me a special emotion when I hear it, and it fuels me. So far, though, it hasn't helped bring victories when I've participated, but I hope it will succeed in the future. Maybe you'll have to change your musical tastes, too. Songs in themselves are already reporting non-surrender, which alone means they can be full of good motivational doses. I'd rather choose Latvian songs, but I'm afraid the teammates might not understand. Even considering that the team also has a Latvian representative. So I stick to verified values.

Toms Zīle - young talanted latvian goalie

Easy to compile this. Know all these songs off the top of my head and like the back of my hand.
Song 1: Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepson. This really helps get us into the right frame of mind before we move into anything else on the playlist. It's about being the prettiest in the room and knowing it. The other team hasn't got anything on us. 
Song 2: Hit Me Baby One More Time by Britney Spears. The name says it all really, this song is for working ourselves into the mindset of fighting for every punk and not being afraid to throw our bodies.
Song 3: Baby Shark. This doesn't need an explanation.
Song 4: Bleed by Meshuggah. You wouldn't think automatically that Baby Shark would transition perfectly into the staccato torment that is this masterpiece, but trust me, set that Spotify crossfade to 10 seconds and let your dreams become reality.
Song 5: I Am The Walrus by The Beatles. It's the only logical conclusion to the collection of cacophony assembled in this list. Goo goo ga joob.

[Image: first.png]
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img][img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img]
Maxime Bouchard
Armada Dragons Info - Updates  Dragons Armada
Richard Dickbutt McFudderdudder II
Armada Info - Updates Armada

My Before-Game Tracklist has to be based around a few artists as I will mention who they by in the title;

1. Don’t Wake Me Up; Jonas Blue Feat. Why Don’t We
I chose this one because it’s such a club vibey song that’ll help me get into the spirit of skating around and just having fun with teammates

2. Love Back; Why Don’t We
Like the last one except this one is more poppy of a song that will help me get into game time spirit or just for fun listening

3. Masquerade; Stellar
A lot of these songs are Gametime hype ups but this song has a lot of bass to add onto it which is good to make it catchy

4. Light Switch; Charlie Puth
I mean, it’s catchy you can’t blame me…. I love his music aswell, it helps me irl to get ready for Gametime 

5. Industry Baby; lil nas x ft. Jack Harlow 

Finally to end it we shall go crazy with this song,

crockpot

I would have 2 sets of playlists. One for myself and one for the team in general.

My own playlist would be a pump for me alone (mostly because it's songs that I doubt anyone else would listen to)

1.) NoEyeInTeam - Chlidish Major

What can I say about this one. It pumps me up the idea behind it gets you pumped up on beat and lyrics like "This is no an I thing, it's a we things, it's a team thing". Gets you in the mood for such an absolute great song.

2.) Artist - a boogie wit da hoodie

Probably one of great songs on this playlist, but very random. The beat is what sells the song it's a very fast pace dancing beat. This gets me into the game day mentality and that's what is most important.

3.) XO Tour Llif3 - Lil Uzi Vert

Also another groovy beat to this one more than the lyrics themselves. This is what will set the tempo for a good mentality for the entire game.

4.) Everyday we lit - YFN Lucci

This is an absolute banger. This has been known to be one of the greatest hype songs for years. When you can turn up to this song with the catchy lyrics and amazingly groovy beat you have everything going for you.

5.) Headlines - Drake

Overall one of the best hype songs if not the best hype song of all time. Known for its lyrical display it also has one of the greatest beats behind it as well. It has become well known around the world as one of Drake's best songs.

TEAM PLAYLIST

1.) Started from the bottom now we here - Drake

Words can not describe this hype song. My all-time favorite hype song. The lyrics giving you the thoughts of moving all the way up the food chain and no one can stop you mixed with the energy you already put out for the game is unstoppable.

2.) Big Green Tractor - Jason Aldean

Experiencing vibing songs that you all can sing along to so it keeps your mind off of the nervousness or gets it out of your system is very key to a successful team. This is 100% the song to go with regardless of if you like Country or not it is a great song to play in a locker room.

3.) Walk - Pantera

All around of the most hardcore groove beats on this list. It can get anyone pumped for an upcoming game.

4.) Enter Sandman - Metallica

Who doesn't love a build up song. Build up the anticipation and excitement for a hockey game. Something about this song gets anyone and everyone pumped.

5.) Wet Dreamz - J. Cole

Considered the GOAT rapper. One of the catchiest beats of his own making, is a vibe that will get anyone ready for a game. Lyrics are irrelevant when you can groove to a beat that goes off.

[Image: FR-B3jfXsAAvEaW?format=png&name=small]

Here's my selections for the Detroit Falcons pre-game playlist, in no particular order.

Tubthumping, Chumbawumba
This is is in the pregame playlist specifically as a shoutout to our starting goalie, Everet Jansson. It's locker room lore that Jansson plays better when he's blackout drunk, and I think this song does a good job of honoring his tradition of chugging a liter of vodka before taking the ice.

Headstrong, Trapt
Any team that is pushing this hard after the rough ride that we took last season has to be a little headstrong. It's got an edge, which will be good to hype the team up to be more physical in their play.

Seven Nation Army, The White Stripes
This is a confidence builder. You can't listen to this song and not feel super good. We're a team that has incredibly high morale in general, and maybe this is one ingredient in the secret recipe.

Here Come The Hotstepper, Ini Kamoze
Confidence builder #2. Feeling unsure about yourself, like maybe you can't accomplish your goals? Listen to this track. Huge swagger gains.

Detroit Rock City, KISS
There's no way this one was going to miss the list, it's essential listening. We've got a passionate local fanbase and we play our hearts out for them.
(This post was last modified: 01-31-2022, 11:19 AM by RAmenAmen.)

My personal pre-game playlist is all about confidence and taking my game to the next level, even when things get tough.

1. Reckless - JAXSON GAMBLE
-This is a great opening song, and fuels all of my diving poke checks (especially the ones that don't work)

2. Whatever It Takes - Hollywood Undead
-A cocky, arrogant beat makes you think you can take on the world, and sometimes as a goalie, you have to

3. Believer - Imagine Dragons
-It's a little on the slow side for a pre-game song, but Imagine Dragons are just too good to be left off of this list

4. Immortals - Fall Out Boy
-You've got to get in the right mindset to go out and block pucks for 60 minutes, and this is a great song to do it.

5. For the Glory - All Good Things
-If you can't get hyped for a game after this song, I just don't know what to tell you.

I change up the playlist from season to season, but this is what I'm listening to right now, and it certainly does the job.

[Image: RAmenAmen.gif]
sig credit: Ragnar, Sulovilen, Enigmatic, Bayley
[Image: kcP9WEd.png] [Image: DNLeeu0.png] [Image: DKMMlC3.png]
[Image: RAmenAmenPride.gif]
(This post was last modified: 01-31-2022, 11:15 AM by Trempale.)

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: IMG_4351.jpg?width=507&height=676]

I'm not super a music gal, but here's an idea of what would potentially be on mine:

1. Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger by Daft Punk
Daft Punk is always a bop, the song is undeniably catchy, and hey, isn't it how we want to play? Hit 'em harder, play better, play fast, play strong.

2. Maria (I Like It Loud) by Scooter
This is a complete homer personal pick that has to be on any playlist of mine, ever. For me it isn't just *a* jock jam, it's the song I most associate with a sports team. Also it's really catchy.

3. Heroes by David Bowie
A song I very much mentally have always associated with hockey and that is because of NHL 99 on PC, where it was the music used in the intro.

4. Green Light by Lorde
An absolute bop, quite upbeat, even if it is about really bitter subject matter - and that might play to its advantagehere.

5. Emotion by Carly Rae Jepsen
Because I need to have my favorite artist on here *SOMEWHERE*.

[Image: valpix.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @Symmetrik, @Merica, @enigmatic, and @sulovilen for the sigs! 
Avi courtesy of @MN_Moosey
[Image: d9J5DHT.png]
Citadelles Switzerland Stars Blizzard 
[Image: VGl3CB4.png]
[Image: valpixpride.gif]

Pre Game Playlist

If there is anything that brings a certain kind of energy to a room full of people it is a good pre game playlist. So when it comes down to the moments before a game , there is all this pressure cooped up and a little bit of anxiety fills the air. Coach breaks out the blaster and cranks that dial. 

“ Hello hello ! Hola ! I’m at a place called vertigo ( one more time !) it's everything I wish I didn't know except you , give me something i can feel “

Song 1 :
Vertigo by U2 starts playing . A song with just enough tones of rock  with strong metaphorical lyrics present. “You give me something i can feel “ it's the rush of hockey. A song that transforms anxiety into ambition and excitement.

“ cause i'll sit right here in my penalty box till the lights go dim and all is quiet again , Don't know what more my absence would bring to this peculiar string of events “ 

Song 2: 
Penalty Box by Bobot adrenaline. Because we all have our moments of anger filled misjudgement that land us in that little box we call the penalty box. Something sweet about revenge , yet the punishment isn't always worth it. A song to remind us to stay level headed when faced with conflict. 

“ Tension grows the whistle blows and the puck goes down the ice , the goalie jumps and the players bump and the fans all go insane “ 

So do I even need to say it ?
 Song 3: The hockey song by Stompin Tom connors. If there's a song that should be on every teams pre game playlist it's this one here . The good old hockey game , is the best game you can name . We're all feeling this one , it reminds us that after all is said and done and we've butted heads we can all agree we are here for the love of the game . It's all for good sport. 

“ I am a world before I am a man
I was a creature before I could stand
I will remember before I forget
Before I forget that “ 

Song 4:
Before I forget by Slipknot. Who doesn't  love a little grunge metal. While the real meaning of this song still hasn't fully dawned on me , I know that when we are waiting in that locker room before a game with our blood pumping , our teeth bared ready to fight , ready to shed blood sweat and tears to be the best … it's  we were creatures before we could stand. The animal desire to put yourself through the stress and strain of the game was festering deep down inside of us from the beginning, out there on the ice is where we get to fully unleash our inner beast. We aren't like the rest. 

“ clean up my brains and sweep them underneath the rug , I need them more than I needed any other drug “ 

Song 5: 
Falling down by Atreyu. Blasting atreyu is always a way to get your adrenaline bumping , especially when that guitar solo kicks in. “ shake it off , we're all dying in the end “. A song that almost emulates a story of living in the moment with some truly dark twists to emphasise this.

WSBL PT

[Image: cG4eDd7.png]

The Warm-up song list would be this:

1. Release the Kraken by Ninja Sex Party - Team no brainer as it may cause us to laugh, but it's a good way to pump up the team at the start of the warm-up cycle.
  2. Miami Dolphins #1 (8-Bit Remix) by Major Ostrich - we can make up lyrics as we go, but it makes sense to remind us of a glorious start to the season during S63's first days.
  3. It's a Long Way to the Top (If You Wanna Rock 'N' Roll) by AC/DC - Reminder for the team that this is basically a journey towards the SHL and that no one is forgetting what we do as a team
  4. Pick up the Pieces by Average White Band - The Squad likes a bit of jazz, why not spice it up with a goodie that's stuck in my head.
  5. Can You Dig It by Brian Tyler - This is basically the song to say we don't want another NL Championship.

[Image: Helv_Sig.jpg]

1. Livin' On a Prayer - By: Bon Jovi

Livin' On a Prayer is the first song on my Get - Up playlist. I have been listening to this song since my early years of Minor Hockey.

2. Welcome To The Jungle - By: Guns N" Roses

Any Guns N' Roses songs are great on this playlist, but Welcome To The Jungle is easily the best. 

3. We Will Rock You - ACDC

Just read the name.

4. We’re Not Gonna Take It - Twisted Sister

I just like the song. It has a good get up beat, that has good vocals.

5. I Wanna Rock - Twisted Sister

The Second Twisted Sister song on this playlist. The beginning of the song cracks me up every time I listen to it, and still love it to this day. I have listened to this song since my earlier Minor Hockey days, and my first hockey playlist has this song on it. 

Jayden Cloutier RD #4 St. Louis Scarecrows

S72 Best Season of All Time
[Image: S72_IIHF_CHAMPS.png?ex=661c5898&is=6609e...height=662]      [Image: S72_4-STAR_CHAMPS.png?ex=661c5873&is=660...height=662]
(This post was last modified: 02-02-2022, 08:44 PM by Ant.)

My Pre Game Playlist at Carolina would be 
1: All star - smash mouth
2: eye of the tiger - survivor 
3: right here right now - fatboy slim
4: Dont stop Believin - journey
5: The Final Countdown - europe 

and the walk out song would be 
You'll never walk alone - gerry and the pacemakers

Update Page

[Image: 6InfuYk.jpg]

idk what im doing here but lets go!

The Kelowna Knights have one of the most interesting playlists in the entire SMJHL and the reason behind this is because it's the Kelowna Knights - the greatest franchise there could possibly be. They got track for everyone, considering they're a Knight family that wants to include everyone. If you want to be pumped up though? This is the place for you.

1. Trick Trick ft. Eminem - Welcome 2 Detroit ---> How could you not like this song? It's not your typical Eminem song, so you're for sure to seem a little bit better of a stan if you bring it out because it's not "Love the way you lie" or "Lose Yourself". It also has Trick Trick and the verse is solid.

2. Alan Jackson - It's Five o' Clock Somewhere ---> What's not to love about Alan Jackson? The man sings songs from the heart and is a magical country force of his own. This song pumps the boys up for beer time after a huge win.

3. Imagine Dragons - Enemy ---> Heading over into the Imagine Dragons realm, the team has to remind themselves that while it is just a game, they have their enemies on the ice and it's anyone who isn't in a Knight jersey.

4. AC/DC - Thunderstruck ---> I don't know. Would this list be complete without a true banger from AC/DC? I don't think this one needs an explanation. HYPE!

5. Stompin' Tom Connors - The Hockey Song ---> Does it get anymore hockey than this? SOMEONE ROARS, KELOWNA SCORES!

256 words