Create Account

Petition to Remove Polarizing Questions from PTs

03-27-2024, 03:36 PMbluesfan55 Wrote: i think that question serves a purpose if handled correctly. making it a yes or no thing is, honestly, pretty black and white (which can be good and bad), and while i disagree with people who'd say no to that question, i also think there needs to be an education part in that regard. like if that's a user you really want but they answer no, if you explain the reasoning behind it to them and they get it, that's a good thing; if they don't, just don't draft them in the first place.  if they don't want to hear an explanation as to why a pride night for a literal SIMULATION league should exist, they're not for you. but if they disagree and are willing to hear why, just talk to them about it. we need more education in this regard and not public yapping about how both sides are wrong here. the question shouldn't just be used to ostracize people who disagree with you, both publicly and privately, because you just don't get anywhere and it makes both them AND you look bad.
Fair, but at the same time the burden should not be on the people directly being harmed by that ignorance to be the ones to educate that person, since they already have to do that fifty times a year. Which is why privileged allies who aren't the direct target are important for education.

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Petition to Remove Polarizing Questions from PTs - by boom - 03-27-2024, 03:53 PM