Create Account

Petition to Remove Polarizing Questions from PTs

Title speaks for itself.

There's been a lot of controversy stemming from a certain tribe of questions being included in the Interested Prospects PT for incoming rookies, and i've come to the conclusion shared by many within the league that league-wide PTs should not include these sort of questions. Asking questions that potentially alienate users based on their beliefs and opinions is not a healthy practice for user retention, especially on new creates. Questions in this category should stay within scouting convos that are personally had between prospect and the GM or scout, but not as a general survey that is commonly weaponized and mocked within the HO and GM servers.

[Image: sobchak.png]

I agree, it's not cool to ask people what they think about The French. We should at least say "people who speak the french language" so we don't alienate them.

[Image: lespoils.gif]

If there is something within the interested prospects PT that is making someone uncomfortable. There is no requirement on there for every single question to be a minimum word count. Its easy enough to just write, "ok" or "no" and move along.

It's helpful for GM's to read through and figure out how to even approach someone in scouting based on those questions.

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]

03-27-2024, 11:55 AMRangerjase Wrote: If there is something within the interested prospects PT that is making someone uncomfortable. There is no requirement on there for every single question to be a minimum word count. Its easy enough to just write, "ok" or "no" and move along.

It's helpful for GM's to read through and figure out how to even approach someone in scouting based on those questions.
what happens when a prospect answers no to a specific question? from recent experience it sends half the league into a shitstorm about the issue and puts the user on 3/4 of the J team's DND list. Also, this IP thread should just be a general survey of player goals, etc. not a bunch of "do you believe in pride night" questions that I know alot of y'all will crucify someone for answer "no". Why intentionally set a user up for league-wide bullying like that if not for you and your co-commissioners enjoyment in the HO servers.

I was offended at having to choose between waffles and pancakes

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies     S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK     Grizzlies

Beliefs and opinions that stem from hate and bigotry aren't valid in any way shape or form. Not accepting people for who they are is a form of violence and i'll be far gone from the SHL ifwe start legitimizing it and protecting people with such opinions on this site. I'm not necessarily about ostracizing people who don't know better and have used such answers in the past as a way to educate and will keep doing so, but I personally don't tolerate such discourse.

[Image: image.png]  [Image: lap-teamsig.png]
@jason kranz sig elite / @sulovilen elite sig
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png] [Image: G1cbXSf.png] [Image: gdppv5N.png]
Panthers Ireland Highlanders

03-27-2024, 12:00 PMMuerto Wrote: I was offended at having to choose between waffles and pancakes
You and me
(Pancakes for special moments, waffles for everyday)

Thank you to @Revontulete for the sig![Image: Edzus_Ozolins.png?ex=661b6612&is=6608f11...0f071bc3c&]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paradox_of_tolerance

[Image: rankle.gif]
[Image: 9rbVE0N.png]

Barracuda Chomp Chomp Water Dog Barracuda
Scarecrows Scarecrow Noises Scarecrows
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

@Caleb can you let your LR know scud needs more attention

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

Damn, I've been asking what kind of dog everyone was, and I didn't think of the cat people. OFF TO JAIL I GO

[Image: 57771_s.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png][Image: CXrxOKM.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png][Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

03-27-2024, 11:59 AMscudmuffin19 Wrote: puts the user on 3/4 of the J team's DND list

That means it's working. If GMs don't want their LR to become a safe space for people who don't "believe" in Pride Night, that's their prerogative.

[Image: lespoils.gif]

03-27-2024, 12:04 PMFluw Wrote: Damn, I've been asking what kind of dog everyone was, and I didn't think of the cat people. OFF TO JAIL I GO

Catboy erasure is a real problem and youre part of it!! JAIL!

[Image: rankle.gif]
[Image: 9rbVE0N.png]

Barracuda Chomp Chomp Water Dog Barracuda
Scarecrows Scarecrow Noises Scarecrows
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

IP questions are a good form of preliminary scouting so you can get a little idea of a persons personality and if they'd fit with your locker room vibe and whatnot, if people want to ask about issues important to their locker room culture and similar I see nothing wrong with it. I'm not willingly going to draft someone if they're against something that's important to me and the rest of my players. It's just common sense.

[Image: S38oOt3.png][Image: of1yZSs.png]
[Image: JzmdDrE.png]

03-27-2024, 12:04 PMJURT Wrote: That means it's working. If GMs don't want their LR to become a safe space for people who don't "believe" in Pride Night, that's their prerogative.
If GMs dont want that then it should fall on them to ask those questions in scouting. How long before the IP thread starts asking if users are right-wing or left-wing? Or what their race/ethinicity is? How far does the rabbit hole go before you've gone too far?

This just tells me the question is operating exactly as it should be. It is to help GM get a feel for rookies and their personalities. This is clearly letting GMs know exactly who they're not interested in having join their team, so we should have more of these. Its a super helpful tool.

[img=0x0]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/819596167843151906/843586092388057098/De_pengu_logo_2.png[/img]