Create Account

Petition to Remove Polarizing Questions from PTs

Finally catching up on this thread... I've been bi for the majority of my adult life. A total of maybe a handful of people in real life know this. Not even my gay hockey league, not my family... legit no one.

In saying that... why can't the league have a general question of supporting any marginalized, LGBTQ+/Black Rights//Border Victims... I can keep going... What I'm not trying to do is dilute the support or safe space by being accepting of all these or even saying this. Answering a singular question like would you support LGBTQ+ Jersey night I get why it would push people away though even if they do support... Like shit, I searched Google and found sim hockey and the first questions I'm being asked are socio-political. Like what, I'm 14. What's going on.

I sure as hell support it, but what is to think someone who joins the site doesn't wonder what happens on the other side of answering the question? Either way... Couldn't the question be rephrased as all-encompassing, so we don't push away those who may simply be looking to just join our site for a safe place to be a user name? The same can be said to the homophobes... Like you don't have to dig in too far to see we are a LGBTQ+ Safe place (well most spaces I'd like to think), so they answer "yes" to be accepted, does that mean they truly support or will it be vetted further?

I mean... if you simply want to be able to put a check mark next to a user for answering yes in response to a IP question, well is it really going to determine it being a safe place?

I think this thread, the question and hateful people are dumb altogether.

[Image: Wally.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Petition to Remove Polarizing Questions from PTs - by Wally - 03-28-2024, 04:10 PM