Create Account

Portal... Good or bad for the league?

So, Player Portal launched recently and I haven't seen a lot of opinions about it. Couple of people has said that this is an amazing upgrade and a step forward for the league, but there are some people who don't like this stuff as well. And I'm not sure on which side I am yet.

I will start with the things that I like the most about this update. Let's begin with the first page on Player Portal. I like that there are details about my player like in a real hockey player scouting page. Birthplace, current league, current team etc. Statistics aren't very far away either - you don't have to spend hours to find it. Pretty cool that there's most important information added too - render, bank balance and draft season. Small details which makes a perfectionist feel better. My most favourite part might be ''Attributes'', because you can now easily see all of them in one page. Easy to look at it. Yes, it was the same in a page of exact player, but now it looks a bit more professional. And that's it about the good stuff.

[Image: original.png]
THIS IS GOOD

You already know - when an old head speaks, there might be many stuff about how it was in the good old days. And I'm here from like S26. Seen many updates which has helped the league or had the exactly opposite impact. It is what it is. Personally, I don't think that you have to fix things which isn't broken. Training in forum was much more interesting. It took more time, but I enjoyed getting them links together and typing down attributes which I will improve, my TPE. It was more personal and more interesting. Plus, it helped to improve activity on forum as well. It maybe didn't help that much, but there are multiple posts which we will never see again, because of this new update. No more posts and replies in Activity Checks (once per week), Team Training Camps (once per season), your update threads (usually once per week) and even more. Now multiply the posts you should've done by active users who does it each time. Many of posts are lost and activity on forum comes with it. I just think that with each step like this, forum goes closer and closer to an extinction. Fantasy has been moved to Discord as well. Now we just have to find a way to move Point Tasks, Predictions and Chirper there, so there is zero activity on the forum and we can just forget about it.

Now I feel a bit of risk of losing some TPE as well. It's all on system now and other users who are just adding some TPE to my player. For example, I just got 1 TPE from ''Point Task'' with description ''S73 season predictions - cup winners''. I don't know what that is. Where did I get that TPE? I can't remember what PT linked with S73 I have done to get exactly 1 TPE. Is that like some type of charity? If there would be attached link to that description though, I would easily understand the situation. However, now I don't know where I got that TPE from. So now there are some trust issues and just a bit of chaos. Thinking of losing some TPE just because some people who take care of it is careless.

[Image: original.png]
THIS IS... not so good

It's obvious that with changes comes happy and not happy people. It's always a two way road and you have to try to be objective in these type of situations. Have to think more deeper than your personal interests. Does this help the league, forum and the people? To be honest - I don't feel like it now. Maybe in the future, but not now. Sad to see such an update when there was much more important stuff to improve, but it is what it is. Don't want to see this project become so shitty as VHL. Will see how it will work out. Gotta give it some time and I wish best of the luck to the author of this idea, but I'm not a supporter of it. This was a quick resume of my thoughts.

708 words

Stars Stars Stars

Messages In This Thread
Portal... Good or bad for the league? - by st4rface - 09-12-2023, 04:44 AM