Create Account

My Journey in Graphics

So I've been making sigs for the past 4 months and I thought I would show what I've made from my first sig to my most recent.I would post this in the portfolio subforum, but I'd like to get money for writing and I only want to post my good sigs (if i got any) their.

It also turns out my first sig is deleted off the internet. That's a good thing for you guys cause that sig was horrendous and you do not want to see it. It was for @ml002 so he can vouch for me.

My first sig that is on the site was made for no other than motherfucking AssPancakes.

[Image: DortySHL.png]

y i k e s

So for my "first" sig, I don't think it's that bad. It's not a messy sig and it's basic. I like it like that u kno. Moving on...

[Image: kmarko_sig.png]

My first goalie sig for @Kmarko, I actually like the background on this one. Looking back, I should've added a lighting source lel.

[Image: NowesSHL.png]

3rd sig. Daily reminder that @GeckoeyGecko wants you to update @Plasman.

[Image: BauerSHL.jpg]

4th sig was for an Austrian that has since gone inactive  Crybaby

This next one hurts even more though...

[Image: SiddalsSHL.jpg]

My 5th sig for @HenryDeLaMare. A 4th overall SMJHL draft pick by the Falcons that went inactive 2 weeks after the draft :( . I remember sending him the sig and him telling me that he plans on doing sigs too. He never did a single sig after our conversation Crybaby Crybaby Crybaby

I blame @Waters

6th sig was for a player that is no longer with the Riot because of inactivity. I'm starting to see a pattern form for when I make Riot players sigs... hmmmmm

[Image: ODowdSHL.png]

[Image: EliasSHL.png]

7th sig was made for @Samee

This is the first sig where I started looking at others sig for inspiration. @FlappyGiraffe used to use a city background in his sigs along with a border in a solid colour around the players and I tried doing that. Obviously, it did not turn out as good as a Flappy sig would've turned out.

[Image: GarrettSHL.png]

8th sig for @dizzyDC

At the time, I thought this sig was my peak and I would never be able to make a sig better than it. Happy to say I was wrong.

[Image: LagerfieldSHL_Best.png]

Over saturated looking back, but at the time of making this I thought that sig was on par with @Wasty 's stuff LOL

[Image: Elias2SHL.png]

Another sig for samee

[Image: ODowdSHL2.png]

and another for the Seattle inactive.

[Image: JonesSHL.png]

And a championship sig for my boy @Thunder39

These past 3 sigs were all made following this youtube video and copying what he did. The video helped take my sigs to the next level. Really recommend watching it if you're a new sig maker or want to get into it.

[Image: LavelleGud.png]

[Image: Eli.png]

^Was gonna be a sig for my GOMHL recreate, went with a different name though.

[Image: PingyPingu.png]

Couple of below average sigs.

[Image: LagerfieldDET.png]

Another sig where I tried to copy/take a lot of inspiration from another sig I saw on the VHL. I would show that sig but it's not saved on my computer (I thought it was) and I cannot be bother to go dig for it.

I also added a layer mask and some american flag to get that red shiny text in that piece. Did that for the first time in that one.

[Image: Karljala.png]

Another sig for a GOMHL recreate, like before I did not choose that name.

I was super proud of the text when I did this piece but looking back lol, it's not that good.

[Image: YAYEET.png]

18th sig. Again, I tried doing what @InciteHysteria was doing with his sigs with the lines stock being everywhere but the face. Obviously, it will never turn out as good as the original. Text is terrible but I tried lol.

[Image: PhystSHL.png]

19th sig for my boy @CptSquall. Terrible jersey swap imo. I don't know what I was trying to do with that background lol.

[Image: TakshakSHL.png]

I submitted this sig in the same week along with the past 3. I'm pretty sure this was one of my first sigs but I never submitted it so i submitted like 2 months later for cash.

[Image: HerbRobert.png]

Sig for r1c- @gerarob

[Image: Nowes.png]

Same style sig for @Plasman again.

Even after making these two. I still like these, even though there's not much effort. It's simple and clean.

[Image: McLovin.png]

I was trying to go for the same style and simpleness with this sig like I did with the last 2. All I can say is...

Y I K E S

I remember it being so bad I didn't bother tagging him cause I was so embarrassed of how bad it was.

[Image: RedditDrafteeSig.png]

A draftee sig for @JRed94

[Image: RedditDrafteeSig3.png]

another for @luketd

[Image: RedditDrafteeSig4.png]

A 3rd one @NamelessNate

[Image: RedditDrafteeSig6.png]

And a 4th sig for by @notorioustig

My sig style did a complete 180 with these sigs. I started using a lot more stocks and lighting-s. I remember when I was choosing the user's for these sigs, I wanted to pick the most active out of the crop so they could get some use cause I was so happy with them.

Only one to use theirs was Tig before Finn gave him a sig with his actual render.

[Image: e414aba9ee1dd30b5ea64329b9064593.png]

That's what I get for not asking for their renders lol

[Image: RedditDrafteeSig5.png]

[Image: RedditDrafteeSig2.png]

[Image: Untitled-1.png]

[Image: 8.png]

I then made these and these were not good one bit lmao. I didn't put as much time with these draftee sigs so that plays a reason.

Then I made this sig for @Mordaciious

[Image: Viklund.png]

I was very very very happy with this piece when I made it. I tried going for a @dankoa style sig with focusing on just the render and text.

And we got my boy Paligma's sig. Please don't go inactive bb @BaseScoutX1

[Image: Palicka.png]

[Image: boija.png]

A sig for the great @Snussu

[Image: karltor.jpg]

Tried copying this sig by @dankoa with that Boija sig.

[Image: Konstastin.png]

Made Justice a sig cause he sig-less.

Wish I never sent it to him lol.

Y I K E S.

[Image: Maddox.png]

This is when I started using topaz labs to enhance the quality of my renders

Still thankful that you told me about topaz @karey I use to ehance nearly every sig I make

[Image: Evans.png]

A sig for @ztevans 's recreate. Got a lot love from this sig. I wish the face of the render wasn't fucked Undecided

[Image: bROWN.png]

A sig I made for a dude who went inactive 2 days later, RIP.

[Image: Fantobens.png]

A sig for my boy @Fantobens

I got a 10 on this, I don't know why I got a 10. I hate this sig lol. Gotta make you a new one Fantobens.

[Image: Moyer.png]

I still really really really like this sig 6 weeks later. Crisp render quality. Clean text and basic.

[Image: Volkova.png]

Another sig I'm not happy with that I made for @Pris

I'll make you a new one day Pris.

[Image: ArmiaJr.png]

Another sig for a dude that went inactive 2 days later.

My sigs really be chasing people to inactivity.

[Image: tusk.png]

A karey collab. I remember giving telling my frustrations in the Stampede discord about not knowing what to do with the text and karey pulled through and did the beautiful text.

[Image: hAMILTON.png]

This sig was actually supposed to be a collab but Karey never reached back with his updated work  Angry

Anyways, I did the entire thing and it's ok. I don't hate it but I do not love it.

[Image: macelroy-Edit.png]

A sig for an off site friend who is inactive, rip. I really like the colouring on this piece.

[Image: finley.png]

Really like the yellow stock work with this sig even though it looks piss stained lol.

[Image: Untitled-2-Edit.png]

A sig for a Falcon who went inactive because of the affiliation thread  Crybaby Crybaby Crybaby

bb come back @TMI

[Image: Dekens.png]

Sig for a dude that was in the Kelowna Knights discord. I did too much colour dodge in this one.

Finally, a good Detroit sig for @Justice

[Image: Kostanastin.png]

I'm pretty happy with this piece.

However...

We traded him 2 days after making this sig, fuck.

[Image: jones-Edit.png]

Another sig for @Thunder39

[Image: bennett.png]

and a team canada sig for @goilers

[Image: LTvhhl6.png] [Image: imageproxy_3.jpg]

A sig with Tig's actual render. (one on the left)

I tried pulling off the sig on the right with my left one. I think I did a decent job, but def not as good.

[Image: Crutchfield.png]

A sig for @ligma 's new player.

[Image: Robinson.png]

Buffalo sig for my boy @grok

This is when I learned how to do that 3D colouring effect. The same effect karey uses for his Edmonton team sigs.

[Image: Lagerfield2png.png]

A Lagerfield one par moi.

[Image: Poppity.png]

woopity scoop

[Image: Lockwood.png]

VHL sig.

I tried going for the same style @Wasty used for an old sig.

[Image: imageproxy_6.png]

And @ligma said it reminded him of dankoa's style.

lol

[Image: Martin.png]

Sig for my favourite non falcon from the latest draft class @Good_Ole_Kimmy

3D colouring effect came out in here too

[Image: MacIntyre.png]

And my last sig I made for none other than @caltroit_red_flames

Yes the co head of the team I ridiculed and got into arguments in the past lol.

Overall, I'm happy with my progress as a sig maker. I can't wait to see where my style will be when I retire Lagerfield if I'm still making sigs then.

[Image: 3.png]

Messages In This Thread
My Journey in Graphics - by JSS - 09-14-2018, 11:28 PM
RE: My Journey in Graphics - by luke - 09-14-2018, 11:35 PM
RE: My Journey in Graphics - by Good_Ole_Kimmy - 09-15-2018, 12:00 AM
RE: My Journey in Graphics - by ontanis - 09-15-2018, 01:33 AM
RE: My Journey in Graphics - by Snussu - 09-15-2018, 02:21 AM
RE: My Journey in Graphics - by iOBESE - 09-15-2018, 05:30 AM
RE: My Journey in Graphics - by dankoa - 09-15-2018, 07:22 AM
RE: My Journey in Graphics - by ToeDragon84 - 09-15-2018, 08:46 AM
RE: My Journey in Graphics - by Pingy Pingu - 09-15-2018, 08:37 AM
RE: My Journey in Graphics - by Zombiewolf - 09-15-2018, 01:33 PM