Create Account

My Journey in Graphics

So I've been making sigs for the past 4 months and I thought I would show what I've made from my first sig to my most recent.I would post this in the portfolio subforum, but I'd like to get money for writing and I only want to post my good sigs (if i got any) their.

It also turns out my first sig is deleted off the internet. That's a good thing for you guys cause that sig was horrendous and you do not want to see it. It was for @ml002 so he can vouch for me.

My first sig that is on the site was made for no other than motherfucking AssPancakes.

[Image: DortySHL.png]

y i k e s

So for my "first" sig, I don't think it's that bad. It's not a messy sig and it's basic. I like it like that u kno. Moving on...

[Image: kmarko_sig.png]

My first goalie sig for @Kmarko, I actually like the background on this one. Looking back, I should've added a lighting source lel.

[Image: NowesSHL.png]

3rd sig. Daily reminder that @GeckoeyGecko wants you to update @Plasman.

[Image: BauerSHL.jpg]

4th sig was for an Austrian that has since gone inactive  Crybaby

This next one hurts even more though...

[Image: SiddalsSHL.jpg]

My 5th sig for @HenryDeLaMare. A 4th overall SMJHL draft pick by the Falcons that went inactive 2 weeks after the draft :( . I remember sending him the sig and him telling me that he plans on doing sigs too. He never did a single sig after our conversation Crybaby Crybaby Crybaby

I blame @Waters

6th sig was for a player that is no longer with the Riot because of inactivity. I'm starting to see a pattern form for when I make Riot players sigs... hmmmmm

[Image: ODowdSHL.png]

[Image: EliasSHL.png]

7th sig was made for @Samee

This is the first sig where I started looking at others sig for inspiration. @FlappyGiraffe used to use a city background in his sigs along with a border in a solid colour around the players and I tried doing that. Obviously, it did not turn out as good as a Flappy sig would've turned out.

[Image: GarrettSHL.png]

8th sig for @dizzyDC

At the time, I thought this sig was my peak and I would never be able to make a sig better than it. Happy to say I was wrong.

[Image: LagerfieldSHL_Best.png]

Over saturated looking back, but at the time of making this I thought that sig was on par with @Wasty 's stuff LOL

[Image: Elias2SHL.png]

Another sig for samee

[Image: ODowdSHL2.png]

and another for the Seattle inactive.

[Image: JonesSHL.png]

And a championship sig for my boy @Thunder39

These past 3 sigs were all made following this youtube video and copying what he did. The video helped take my sigs to the next level. Really recommend watching it if you're a new sig maker or want to get into it.

[Image: LavelleGud.png]

[Image: Eli.png]

^Was gonna be a sig for my GOMHL recreate, went with a different name though.

[Image: PingyPingu.png]

Couple of below average sigs.

[Image: LagerfieldDET.png]

Another sig where I tried to copy/take a lot of inspiration from another sig I saw on the VHL. I would show that sig but it's not saved on my computer (I thought it was) and I cannot be bother to go dig for it.

I also added a layer mask and some american flag to get that red shiny text in that piece. Did that for the first time in that one.

[Image: Karljala.png]

Another sig for a GOMHL recreate, like before I did not choose that name.

I was super proud of the text when I did this piece but looking back lol, it's not that good.

[Image: YAYEET.png]

18th sig. Again, I tried doing what @InciteHysteria was doing with his sigs with the lines stock being everywhere but the face. Obviously, it will never turn out as good as the original. Text is terrible but I tried lol.

[Image: PhystSHL.png]

19th sig for my boy @CptSquall. Terrible jersey swap imo. I don't know what I was trying to do with that background lol.

[Image: TakshakSHL.png]

I submitted this sig in the same week along with the past 3. I'm pretty sure this was one of my first sigs but I never submitted it so i submitted like 2 months later for cash.

[Image: HerbRobert.png]

Sig for r1c- @gerarob

[Image: Nowes.png]

Same style sig for @Plasman again.

Even after making these two. I still like these, even though there's not much effort. It's simple and clean.

[Image: McLovin.png]

I was trying to go for the same style and simpleness with this sig like I did with the last 2. All I can say is...

Y I K E S

I remember it being so bad I didn't bother tagging him cause I was so embarrassed of how bad it was.

[Image: RedditDrafteeSig.png]

A draftee sig for @JRed94

[Image: RedditDrafteeSig3.png]

another for @luketd

[Image: RedditDrafteeSig4.png]

A 3rd one @NamelessNate

[Image: RedditDrafteeSig6.png]

And a 4th sig for by @notorioustig

My sig style did a complete 180 with these sigs. I started using a lot more stocks and lighting-s. I remember when I was choosing the user's for these sigs, I wanted to pick the most active out of the crop so they could get some use cause I was so happy with them.

Only one to use theirs was Tig before Finn gave him a sig with his actual render.

[Image: e414aba9ee1dd30b5ea64329b9064593.png]

That's what I get for not asking for their renders lol

[Image: RedditDrafteeSig5.png]

[Image: RedditDrafteeSig2.png]

[Image: Untitled-1.png]

[Image: 8.png]

I then made these and these were not good one bit lmao. I didn't put as much time with these draftee sigs so that plays a reason.

Then I made this sig for @Mordaciious

[Image: Viklund.png]

I was very very very happy with this piece when I made it. I tried going for a @dankoa style sig with focusing on just the render and text.

And we got my boy Paligma's sig. Please don't go inactive bb @BaseScoutX1

[Image: Palicka.png]

[Image: boija.png]

A sig for the great @Snussu

[Image: karltor.jpg]

Tried copying this sig by @dankoa with that Boija sig.

[Image: Konstastin.png]

Made Justice a sig cause he sig-less.

Wish I never sent it to him lol.

Y I K E S.

[Image: Maddox.png]

This is when I started using topaz labs to enhance the quality of my renders

Still thankful that you told me about topaz @karey I use to ehance nearly every sig I make

[Image: Evans.png]

A sig for @ztevans 's recreate. Got a lot love from this sig. I wish the face of the render wasn't fucked Undecided

[Image: bROWN.png]

A sig I made for a dude who went inactive 2 days later, RIP.

[Image: Fantobens.png]

A sig for my boy @Fantobens

I got a 10 on this, I don't know why I got a 10. I hate this sig lol. Gotta make you a new one Fantobens.

[Image: Moyer.png]

I still really really really like this sig 6 weeks later. Crisp render quality. Clean text and basic.

[Image: Volkova.png]

Another sig I'm not happy with that I made for @Pris

I'll make you a new one day Pris.

[Image: ArmiaJr.png]

Another sig for a dude that went inactive 2 days later.

My sigs really be chasing people to inactivity.

[Image: tusk.png]

A karey collab. I remember giving telling my frustrations in the Stampede discord about not knowing what to do with the text and karey pulled through and did the beautiful text.

[Image: hAMILTON.png]

This sig was actually supposed to be a collab but Karey never reached back with his updated work  Angry

Anyways, I did the entire thing and it's ok. I don't hate it but I do not love it.

[Image: macelroy-Edit.png]

A sig for an off site friend who is inactive, rip. I really like the colouring on this piece.

[Image: finley.png]

Really like the yellow stock work with this sig even though it looks piss stained lol.

[Image: Untitled-2-Edit.png]

A sig for a Falcon who went inactive because of the affiliation thread  Crybaby Crybaby Crybaby

bb come back @TMI

[Image: Dekens.png]

Sig for a dude that was in the Kelowna Knights discord. I did too much colour dodge in this one.

Finally, a good Detroit sig for @Justice

[Image: Kostanastin.png]

I'm pretty happy with this piece.

However...

We traded him 2 days after making this sig, fuck.

[Image: jones-Edit.png]

Another sig for @Thunder39

[Image: bennett.png]

and a team canada sig for @goilers

[Image: LTvhhl6.png] [Image: imageproxy_3.jpg]

A sig with Tig's actual render. (one on the left)

I tried pulling off the sig on the right with my left one. I think I did a decent job, but def not as good.

[Image: Crutchfield.png]

A sig for @ligma 's new player.

[Image: Robinson.png]

Buffalo sig for my boy @grok

This is when I learned how to do that 3D colouring effect. The same effect karey uses for his Edmonton team sigs.

[Image: Lagerfield2png.png]

A Lagerfield one par moi.

[Image: Poppity.png]

woopity scoop

[Image: Lockwood.png]

VHL sig.

I tried going for the same style @Wasty used for an old sig.

[Image: imageproxy_6.png]

And @ligma said it reminded him of dankoa's style.

lol

[Image: Martin.png]

Sig for my favourite non falcon from the latest draft class @Good_Ole_Kimmy

3D colouring effect came out in here too

[Image: MacIntyre.png]

And my last sig I made for none other than @caltroit_red_flames

Yes the co head of the team I ridiculed and got into arguments in the past lol.

Overall, I'm happy with my progress as a sig maker. I can't wait to see where my style will be when I retire Lagerfield if I'm still making sigs then.

[Image: 3.png]

All I can say is

You made me a sig? I dont remember that at all lol. but you gotten a lot better with sig making

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

I think the one you made for Tig with his render and the one you made for Plasman are my favorites of yours, but you have made so many good ones.

[Image: cooldudeam1234.gif]
(Sig Credit: toedragon84)

Awesome article. I want to get into graphics myself!

[Image: ontanis.gif]

[Image: 6by0kBi.png] [Image: YztPk3T.png]
thanks to @Wasty, @Bruins10, @Carpy48 and @iRockstar for the sigs!

great collection of work.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

Nice work JSS. Really shows how you have grown in terms of graphic designs. I will be watching that video you linked at some point!

Finland Update Page  Interview  Player Page  Wolfpack

[Image: Snussu.gif]

Thanks to everyone made sigs to me!!!! (Gif made by myself)

I would say that you have definitely improved in the sig making from the beginning to where you're now, but you still have a long way to go. Unfortunately almost none of the sigs, in my opinion, are good yet, but what I can give you credit for is your growth in text. Your text work has definitely improved the most and some of the texts are actually really good, so the next thing is to pick up the actual sig look. Good job tho! Practice makes it perfect!

Knights - Player Page - Update Page - Knights

[Image: 47963_s.gif]

09-15-2018, 05:30 AMiOBESE Wrote: I would say that you have definitely improved in the sig making from the beginning to where you're now, but you still have a long way to go. Unfortunately almost none of the sigs, in my opinion, are good yet, but what I can give you credit for is your growth in text. Your text work has definitely improved the most and some of the texts are actually really good, so the next thing is to pick up the actual sig look. Good job tho! Practice makes it perfect!

Wrong. The ones you've been making lately are very good @JSS, don't listen to this moron

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

Brother you've come a long way and from first to last are miles ahead of me. Keep up the killer work.

[Image: CptSquall.gif]

(This post was last modified: 09-15-2018, 08:44 AM by Pingy Pingu.)

09-15-2018, 05:30 AMiOBESE Wrote: I would say that you have definitely improved in the sig making from the beginning to where you're now, but you still have a long way to go. Unfortunately almost none of the sigs, in my opinion, are good yet, but what I can give you credit for is your growth in text. Your text work has definitely improved the most and some of the texts are actually really good, so the next thing is to pick up the actual sig look. Good job tho! Practice makes it perfect!

You fucking dickweed you have got some nerve coming in here and making those fucking crude comments. Jss is one of the best sig makers in the shl and if you can't see that then get some stronger glasses. Even the sig he made me is one of the best out there. Are you friends with trump? Because it sure seems like it with the looks of your iq. so why don't you crawl back to the fucking shit stained hole you came from and stay there ok? Nobody talks about my friend and legendary sig maker that way.

JSS I still love the sig you gave me dude! Keep up making Awesome Sigs!

[Image: unknown.png]

"Bring back Pingy Pingu Lunga Gumba esq. And I mean bring him all the way back. I want every thread on this forum that involves even a modicum of salt to get razed to the ground by our most notorious shitposting penguin. I want every thunderdome to drown in ABAGABA spam and a signature that doesn't end. I want the userbase of this fine league to cower in terror, slinking about the forums and making as little noise as possible for fear of attracting the Shitpost Slenderman. When some poor immigrant from the NFL sim blunders into the forum and makes an angry post about how his player slipped to the early second round despite having done ALL the rookie tasks(!), let the veteran survivalists stare in horror and pity while the newbie rages. They will know it is only a matter of time before @Pingy Pingu descends upon his post like a ravening wolf and obliterates his tread, reducing it to a radioactive waste-dump of unintelligible spam. They will not interfere, for Pingy is our immune system. Because he can take it. Our Dark Knight of Shitposting"

Sig credit to @WannabeFinn @JSS @Mordaciious @Mayuu @TommySalami
                                              Falcons banner credit to @karey

09-15-2018, 07:22 AMdankoa Wrote:

Wrong. The ones you've been making lately are very good @JSS, don't listen to this moron

RT

[Image: 4sN9yMR.png]

yo definitely be proud of these they're dope. You've kept doing fresh stuff since the start it seems, really stepped it up on that 8th sig. Now all your recent stuff is kinda insane I thought Karey made the most recent Crutch and Langerfield one with the crack comin out the eye and whatnot.

[Image: 4sN9yMR.png]

Very cute

[Image: capybar22_600.png]

09-15-2018, 08:59 AMToeDragon84 Wrote: yo definitely be proud of these they're dope. You've kept doing fresh stuff since the start it seems, really stepped it up on that 8th sig. Now all your recent stuff is kinda insane I thought Karey made the most recent Crutch and Langerfield one with the crack comin out the eye and whatnot.

thanks my dude <3

[Image: 3.png]

09-14-2018, 11:28 PMJSS Wrote: [Image: MacIntyre.png]

And my last sig I made for none other than @caltroit_red_flames

Yes the co head of the team I ridiculed and got into arguments in the past lol.

This sig is totally sick by the way. Forget about the arguments, shit happens and we move on. Thanks for the sig brother!

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]