Create Account

S67 PT #0: Advice

Player Prompt

As a freshly drafted player out of SMJHL I am the new rook coming into the Winnipeg locker room, however, I can still take that advice that they have been giving me when I get to meet the guys and use it plus experience to pass it on to the new SMJHL rookies in Nevada as a vet there now. The biggest thing was to always have confidence in yourself. No matter if you're doing great or poorly on the ice, you come out with your head held high and at the very least pretend like you are the best. Confidence exudes into playing better and having better self esteem around the team. Other big advice is that everyone is going to have some down games and dry spells on the score sheet, and that is ok. You pick yourself back up, learn from what you did wrong, and improve upon it going forward. Use those downs as lessons and not as punishments to your own mental game. Learn and grow at all times.

174 words

[Image: thedangazone.gif]

Written Task: Tell me what advice your player would give to someone new to your locker room! Do they need to know what players to steer clear of? Maybe a secret way to get the best snacks in your break room? What knowledge would your player have that could help out the people around you? Whether you're a grizzled vet or a brand new call up, you've definitely got something you can help people out with. Even if it isn't hockey related! (150+ words)

The most important thing when you enter a new locker room is to be yourself, but not full of yourself. Get to know everybody. Go around and meet and greet everybody. Of course there are certain things you want to avoid doing. You shouldn’t brag or tell everybody how much better they did things at your previous teams. Of course if you see something that can improve then feel free to advise how it can be better. Just not be that guy that boasts about how it is good to cleanse the colon with Voss water to be better prepared for games. In the Colorado Raptor locker room you have to know your place. As a noob you are at the bottom of the food chain. The larger raptors will feast upon you if you behave like an ass. Casper Nilsson is especially very protective of his beverages. Do not touch. Koty Kochan spends all his time following baseball. Talk about baseball with him. Chuchichäschtli Zopf is just called Zopfy or Mr Zopf if you are a rookie. Do not try to say that first name. And don’t try to talk about music with Carl Ray Jetson if you are not into pop music.

[Image: TomPedersenCD.jpg]
[Image: cgv4vCv.png][Image: 3Kip7R0.png][Image: ivBf7yq.png][Image: cEbgUph.png]

While this is truly a unique predicament, all is not lost. While the crabs have figured out how to use the power windows but it sounds like they have yet to figure out the transmission. Time is of the essence though because this will only slow them down for so long. The first thing you need to do is convince them there is engine trouble and get them to pop the hood so you can take a look, allowing you to disconnect the battery. This will prevent them from driving off. Now that they are immobilized you just need to wait. Horseshoe crabs have notoriously high libidos and on the full moon their instincts to breed will be overwhelming. Once they are all distracted, hook up the battery, unlock the doors, and they will be so preoccupied they won’t even notice as you remove them from the vehicle. Be sure to grab them from the tail looking thing as this will prevent them from pinching you. Best of luck.

As my contract with Montreal is the bare minimum and I can’t even pay my heating bill with it, I have decided to take a second job at the local newspaper. They have asked me to write a daily advice column.

My first one started with the following words: “Don’t do it!”

So you are probably thinking I mean don’t become a hockey player with these words, but that’s not it. Being a hockey player is the best thing ever and I’m enjoying every minute of it. I’m grateful for having the opportunity to play at the highest level possible. What I meant with these words is that you shouldn’t create a TikTok account. TikTok is a digital cancer created by the Chinese to influence your every day life. Also the stupid videos you get to see because of the infamous algorithm will make you lose brain cells at a faster pace then chugging a whisky bottle a day. So don’t do it!

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

Player Prompt
The best advice that Evgeni Petrov offers to rookies is actually to stay away from Evgeni Petrov. Not because he hates the rookies or anything, but on his last adventure in the Transylvanian woods Evgeni was bitten by a werewolf and now when the moon is full and the stars are bright and someone asks him politely to, he turns into a werewolf hungry for new players in the Atlanta locker room. The newly acquired Mew Two is in immense danger for this reason so Evgeni gave him a new Atlanta player welcome kit which is a silver dagger that  says “Use in case of goalie.”
As one of the veterans on the team who’s starting to see some gray appear in his beard, the players will appreciate this information as they don’t want to be eaten in their first year with Atlanta. This advice is only valid for their rookie season with the team as once you spend more than one season with the Inferno you’re automatically spared by Evgeni's werewolf form, and have to experience the much worse Evgeni’s human form.

183 or 185 idk

[Image: S38oOt3.png][Image: of1yZSs.png]
[Image: JzmdDrE.png]

PLAYER PROMPT
In Montreal, if you need something, there's a good chance the team will provide it to you. Equipment, training gear, food. You name it, the team probably has it. But what about those hard to get items? Maybe a traditional dish from your home country? Or a weird, old timey game that hasn't been in production for 20 years? Or a funny hat? Well, where the team fails, Askerov provides. If you need something, don't worry, he "knows a guy". No one really knows much about him, but if you need it, he's got it. It's not always cheap, but he's always reliable. Hell, he even got one of our player's fathers a promotion at his job! Be warned, however. If you fail to pay up, or get on his bad side...well, let's just say the last person to do that became a "J lifer", if you know what I mean....

[Image: 65151_s.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png] [Image: OOcGSpM.png]

With Jonathan Mercer becoming a grizzled veteran within the SMJHL, he only has a few sage words of advice for the young rookies. Those words of advice are as follows: have fun, but work hard. With Mercer having the experience in the SMJHL, he can be a wealth of wisdom for those young players in the SMJHL looking to make an impact, and how to deal with the pressures of playing within the SMJHL league and the pressure that you can feel from the fans, both in the rink and on social medias. For the rest of the locker room stuff, Mercer lets the other players have the aux cord, otherwise Mercer will just play a bunch of lil pump through the Scarecrows locker room, and people have started to sour on that quickly. The SMJHL world is a tough one, but Jonathan Mercer is always there for players that need guidance through the league as Mercer has started to embrace his veteran role.

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]
(This post was last modified: 09-17-2022, 07:41 PM by marco999. Edited 1 time in total.)

CREATIVE PROMPT

Hello Crab Camaro from Concord, New Hampshire! First off, I'd say get rid of the Camaro and get something else, you don't need that. Perhaps an electric car would be better for the environment. I know you're probably not thinking about that and just want to get back your cherished car. You could start by bombing it to get rid of the crabs, but that'll ruin your car, so I have to think about something else! Have you ever heard about Billy the Exterminator ? Perhaps he could be of assistance! I know the show is off the air, but that doesn't mean he isn't an exterminator anymore. I have never seen an exterminator as good as him, so I'm sure he could save your car! If that's still not a good idea for you, I suggest you confront the crabs yourself. You have to gear up with your hockey gear to protect yourself. Then, when they grab your hockey stick, shove the stick out of the car and hit them on the ground until they stop and moving. Rinse and repeat until they're all dead and you now have your car back!

192 words

[Image: eMf7wNV.png]

ISFL PT

[Image: 4x2jj4a.gif]
S58 Elias Armia Award Winner

ISFL Afilliate

Probably the biggest single piece of advice I could give to someone new coming into the league is just have fun. It's a pretty cliche piece of advice but it goes a long way; if you spend all of your time focusing on the statistics and trying to be the best player in the league, then I think you lose sight of what this is really all about. I also believe that if you're relaxing and having a good time, the success will eventually follow. Another piece of advice I would give is to find a style of play you're aiming for, and try to emulate everything that individual is doing in their game. More specifically, what they accomplished to even GET to that point. Finally, I would say to know when things are coming to an end and don't burn yourself out. Dragging out a career that is long over can be really taxing on a player, so just understand that everything does eventually come to an end.

Code:
Words: 150+

Player Page || Update Page

[Image: a5C9JXf.png]

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER
MONTREAL IMPACT FOREVER

Creative Prompt. Well you are in luck. If there is one thing every hockey player knows its horseshoe crabs. Well that and the transatlantic albatross. Anyway lets start with the basics. First the fact that you own an 09 Camaro and didn’t have it crab proofed its wildly irresponsible. Everyone knows how much horseshoe crabs love that car. And anything newer than an 03 has several crab features. Chevy tried to expand their market to cabs and the Camaro was their flagship crab car. All the comfort and luxury a crab could want. Now we come to your problem. Once crabs get in there you aren’t going to be able to get them out. But you know what can get the crabs out. A transatlantic albatross. Those beautiful birds are known for eating dozens of horseshoe crabs in a single sitting. I recommend going down to your local albatross handler and seeing when the next transatlantic albatross is due in. invite the bird out to see your car and let it do what nature intended.

[Image: qm0v49d.png]

Creative Prompt:

Yo, name's Harrier. Anton Harrier out of the Rage from Manhattan. Well, that's a fairly easy problem to solve, in all actuality. Considering their stat inside your car is of a pest - they invaded something they don't own and have been given you guff over it to the point you can't even enter it - you might as well make a deal with a pharmaceutical company so they extract the crabs and give your car back. From what a friend of mine back in Chicago told me, their blood carries a component that can be used for checking toxins and other things in someone's blood and while the practice of that has been given guff over by PETA, I think you can still make that deal on the sheer basis that it's essentially pest control.

Alternatively, you can leave it be. They'll eventually need water and buzz off or breed themselves out of your car, given the numbers.

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR

PLAYER PROMPT

With my career already going to the end, I definitely have a lot of different tips to give every young player who joins the team. Definitely most of those tips would be about playing directly on the pitch. How to find a better path toward victories, how to play better in different episodes, and as an opponent to disrupt all intentions in defence. But there are also tips that would certainly help in liveable things like where the city has the best entertainment options, as well as the best restaurants to enjoy some good and delicious food. Definitely, the young player shouldn't be too vanity and respect, respect the older players. Neither veteran likes overly lean and conceited young players. The point is to bring out a very good collective and make friends, and then things will certainly work out. It's even more important to respect each other on the pitch, each to accomplish their tasks and then have a good relationship inside the team as well.