Create Account

S72 PT #0: Trades, Trades, Trades

Habs fan, original 6 team so you can always look back and realize there has been some blunders of trades. The one that hits home the most as I was old enough to really remember it, and seeing it live still. Has to be the one for one with Tampa... sending them the Russian Defenseman for ..... Jonathon.... Drouin...

[Image: Svatos2.png?ex=660626ee&is=65f3b1ee&hm=4...height=350] [Image: sig.png?ex=660330ca&is=65f0bbca&hm=574bd...9bdc77fda&]

Code:
WRITTEN TASK: Tell me about the worst trade your team has ever made. This can be your SHL team, or any professional hockey team you cheer for in real life. If you choose your SHL team, please don't use this to flame your GM - they're doing their best!

As a Bruins fan, I think the worst trade that ever happened in real life was the Florida Panthers trading for Matthew Tkatchuk. With the season we just had this season, the Bruins really had a great chance at winning it all. Unfortunately, we lined up against the Florida Panthers that were on a tear and were going to be a problem coming into the playoffs. Especially with the way the Panthers play hockey, it was the worst possible matchup that the Bruins could have gotten. That really defensive and physical play, along with an explosive counter attack was just something that we were not going to be able to contain in a 7 game series.
Against teams like the Maple Leafs or the Lightning, I think the Bruins had their number all season long. But the Panthers, and the way that series went down and even with Patrice Bergeron coming back into the lineup when we were playing fine, just does not sit well with me. And the last straw is the rumors of Linus Ullmark being hurt and not being able to move the way he wanted to and keeping him in net for the series when we have a capable goaltender like Swayman as a backup.

All in all, Tkatchuk and the Panthers played it perfectly against us and took advantage of our mistakes and mismanagement.

[Image: Bruins10.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic , @Ragnar and @sulovilen for the sexy Signature

PBE Affiliation

[Image: frankenstero.png]
Thanks Ragnarr!

Holy shit, this PT was tailor made for Edmonton, wasn't it?

Right off the bat I want to make it very clear that this is satire - Egg is the best and I'm so happy that we got him. But...

If someone were to ask you what the pricetag for a super active first gen player was, you would probably assume something pretty high, right? Maybe a couple first rounders and a solid roster player. Now, what if this player was from Tamper Town? Just can't help himself but tamper wherever he goes. The price probably would be so high, would it?

Wrong. 

Nine picks. Nine picks is what we have up for this scrub. He hasn't even played a game yet. Sad. The sum of those picks being S72 - 1st, 3rd | S73 - 1st, 2nd, 2x3rds | S75 - 1st, 3rd, 4th - which could potentially rebuild an entire team in one trade. 

All he does is yell at me and wave a whip over his head menacingly. Help.

[Image: FG1uDPY.png][Image: QAcQptc.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-30-2023, 06:00 PM by KlusteR. Edited 1 time in total.)

Code:
PROMPT 1: The Trade is 1 for 1

WRITTEN TASK: Tell me about the worst trade your team has ever made. This can be your SHL team, or any professional hockey team you cheer for in real life. If you choose your SHL team, please don't use this to flame your GM - they're doing their best!

I will be discussing my real life favourite team in this PT, and forego the SHL for a moment. On top of my head, there aren't many trades that the Los Angeles Kings made that are egregiously bad, or that set back the franchise several years. But there is one that broke my young heart back in the 90s, and that was when the Kings decided to part ways with a face of the franchise, when they traded away Luc Robitaille to the Pittsburgh Penguins in 1994, in exchange for an aging Rick Tocchet and a 2nd round pick in the 1995 draft - which turned into a complete unknown player, Czechian winger Pavel Rosa, who played a grand total of 36 games at the NHL level. Thankfully, Robitaille eventually made his way back to Los Angeles twice more during his career, but this trade started his road as an NHL journeyman, when he could have stayed with our team and helped us through some difficult years at the turn of the century.

(173 words)

[Image: KlusteR.gif]

Chiefs Monarchs Lions Berserkers Switzerland Blizzard pride Panthers Grizzlies

[Image: EePsAwN.png]    [Image: e0LuHwa.png]    [Image: eaex9S1.png]

Special thanks to @Carpy48, @Chevy, @Turd Ferguson, @fever95 and @enigmatic for the signatures!

The worst trade my team, the Montreal Patriotes, has ever done is trade for me during the draft. I do not know what they were thinking to trade for me. They could of had a cup by now, but instead they ended up with me. Sure I am slowly getting towards my prime, but the rest of the team is in steep decline. Instead of picking up me they might have traded for someone who was already in his prime and didn't have to grind his days away on the 4th line. But I guess they saw some potential in me (god knows what) that they wanted me so bad so they made the trade. Here we are, couple seasons in and nothing to show for. No cups, no nothing. Can not even get guys an all star nomination because we are just an average team with an average Rikkert Biemans.

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

ISFL Affiliate 
Different Forum Username: footballiscool

[Image: RIP.png]

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

So we are talking trades in here. I am doing this on mobile and I hate it. I am the first ever player to get picked by the famous general manager who listens to the name hotdog. It happen to be the first season for the Atlanta Inferno exactly when I decided to declare for the SHL draft. Imagine that. I don't know a lot about trades in this league, I also neither know of exceptional bad trades nor of outstandingly awesome trades hotdog and glutes have pulled of. One thing I know of is, that I was a 2nd rounder. And I don't know if my pick was the initial 2nd rounder or was aquired via atrade, but being stuck with my bum ass on the team since the inaugural season is something you could consider as being a pretty bad trade. So here's to you hotdog, immensly low trade value you got there. Hopefully you got better in trades.

[Image: CcmpTg8.png][Image: sakro_-_withecheck_-_Inferno.png]

The worst trade the atlanta inferno of the simulation hockey league ever had to do was moving their top center anton mikhailov @mr.finland at his peak, after winning a cup, because the league decided that new and stricter salary cap management measures would be put into play across the league. This was a tough strike to Atlanta because the core of players was built and planned seasons ago to peak at this moment and the league screwed us up. League didn't like the cup getting won in Atlanta, an expansion team, and they decided to shift things around to make sure it didn't happen again. Anton was a very good player, setting records for the newly created team. He was traded to seattle and won a few more cups there which was good for him, but the atlanta team felt like if rules didn't change during our peak that these cups may have been ours.

This is something I, micool132, have lived across my close to a decade life on this site where it feels major changes happens at the worst time in my own player's career, on Toki Wartooth, many changes to earning TPE easier came after I became inactive, on Nathan Explosion, the STHS switch to FHM came right after I went inactive as well, on Angus the catchup TPE arrived the season after I created at the last minute of a draft. Maybe I'm just unlucky on my timing or nitpicking stuff to confirm my bias KEKW.

So the Atlanta Inferno was robbed of a few cups! thanks for letting me vent Wink

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

Prompt one:

I am a Columbus blue jackets fan. I feel like every year they have a terrible trade. The trade that comes to mind immediately was back in 2011. The Columbus Blue Jackets traded Jakub Voracek. Plus a 2011 first round pick who turned out to be Sean Couturier and a 2011 third round pick Mr. Nick Cousins. It is true. We probably wouldn’t have picked either of these players in the draft but it really hurts to know that Cousins turned out to be a really good center in the NHL. Plus I hate giving up picks. But What did the Blue Jackets get in return you say?  Jeff Carter. A 27 year old guy who only played in 39 games that season. He was named an assistant captain. Though it was not a great season for us.  Some people considered him a scapegoat. And he only played for a year before we shipped him off again to Los Angeles Kings.

PBE

[Image: BrettBroadway.gif]
[Image: Hunter.png]

PBE Affiliate

[Image: CrazyMojitoSHL.gif]
Canada Blizzard Stars Citadelles Citadelles Stars Blizzard Canada 
[Image: d9J5DHT.png][Image: 16PgOBm.png]

[Image: pttrade.png]

[Image: izzy.PNG]

PBE Affiliate PT

[Image: 65151_s.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png] [Image: YZjkK9Q.png]