Create Account

S73 PT#4: Planning Perfection

PBE affiliate

[Image: pkHEmu9.png]

Option 2

Mikko Rashford never expects his teammates to do anything that he wouldn't do.  It is all about modeling what you want to see from your fellow teammates that helps bring out the best of every single person on the team.  This goes back to the way that Mikko was taught to play the game by his Mother, who was an avid skater that worked extremely hard for her team.  Mikko knows that his family had to sacrifice a lot, as did the families of the other teammates as well, so he knows that if he can model that example of hard work, others will follow the lead.  It doesn't always work though, teammate Farquaads has been know to not give a damn about anything that anyone else does on the Aurora.  He's often seen sitting on the end of the bench by himself cussing out the ref and fellow teammates.  Seems fitting given his role outside of the team in a land far far away

[img=0x0]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/889201044154904606/1150524829653536909/mikko.png?ex=65bff03f&is=65ad7b3f&hm=7f3229285f883239ca6017785e905ed3ff0a8b42b94f57638f43c11a5e635414&[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/4028.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5431.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5570.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/7241.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5906.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/6149.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/7950.png[/img]

Option 1

It's time for this rag tag team of kids that I've inexplicably been asked to coach (despite how obviously unfit I am to teach anything to anyone) to hit the ice and compete in an international tournament. In moments like this I think about how the greats would do it. I try to imagine what the great Herb Brooks would do in my situation. If today was the Lake Placid game against the soviets, and Herb Brooks had modern technology and tools available to him and no one questioned why there was a soviet team playing in the olympics in 2023 or why there was an odd year olympiad at all, what would Herb do?

The answer is so simple that I probably didn't need to take any of those hypotheticals into consideration at all. Bloodsport hadn't been released yet in 1980! Herb Brooks only needed to lean on the crutch of good coaches and motivational speeches because it was 8 years too early for Bloodsport to do the work for him!

So, obviously, I'm showing the kids bloodsport before the tournament!
(This post was last modified: 10-29-2023, 09:15 PM by Mayuu. Edited 1 time in total.)

Option 2

To get the team up and running, firing on all cylinders, maximum power level and kings and or queens of the hill he's been doing what he always does. He goes to his favorite church, puts on the proper makeup. Make sure to light the candles and that the seats are all cushioned and the pamphlets with the songs are all there.
Infront of the cross he places a silver bowl on top of a pentagram. A goat is waiting on the back room ready to have its throat cut. He lights incence and welcomes all the guests to the night. He says a prayer to the unholy father and says a prayer the lightbringer.

"Our father
Who art in hell
Unhallowed be thy name
Cursed be the sons and daughters
Of thine Nemesis
Whom are to blame
Thy kingdom come
NemA"

He then slices the throat of the goat and fills the bowl with its blood. He pours some of it onto of the upside down cross and let it slowly drip down along it.

Then he's all done, likes and prayers are gathered and the blessing of unhallowed is bestowed upon the team.

RETIRED

Aksel's been in the SHL for a bit and every year the players on his team and the players he sees on the ice look younger and younger. When working with his teammates during practice, he finds that they're super excited - it's a double edged sword. Wins get them fired up to the extreme, and losses take all the wind out of their sails. He watched that Ted Lasso episode about being a goldfish and letting anything in a game roll right off, and he's trying to teach these kids those things. He's more critical after wins and when a player's doing well, and he's more encouraging after a loss and tries to point out everything that went right. Some players are more receptive than others, but he finds that those who take in what he's saying mellow out, and become better players as a result. So Aksel will keep trying to keep his teammates grounded.

Code:
156 words

[Image: 1091735715194343496][Image: merh.gif][Image: 1091735379956211812]
[Image: jZtKPwK.png]    [Image: Thz4BYW.png]    [Image: ivBf7yq.png]    [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

[Image: merha.gif]
[Image: kvwHYOm.gif]
gay heghog

Players often need a bit of an extra push to be successful, that is true. However, the days of old time, grumpy slave driving coaches are absolutely in the past. And more than ever, we are seeing a new crop of players who are drawn to the more tactile and reserved coaches who know how to lead behind closed doors and without embarrassing their players in practice or in front of the media. Being an internal player leader can have very similar effects. In fact, the one way that I have found that brings the most out of my teammates is to just be empathetic and compassionate. We are all out here pushing our hardest toward a common goal. My teammates don’t need me to tell them when they have made a bad play or something they did cost us a goal at either end of the ice. Because, before I know it I will be the one making a play like that. So I often live by the mantra “next play”, for myself and my teammates. And I have found that we are all better and play looser with that in mind.

[Image: kickz_jr.png]
Thanks to Merica for my sig

My client, Colorado Raptor’s Big tree number three Xavier Beausoleil, has always been a leader both on and off the ice. He always found the right things to say or maybe the right things to do in order to bring his teammates to the next level. Still being fairly new to the SMJHL himself (giving that this season was only his second), he was able to put himself in the new Raptor’s shoes during this season where they fought tooth and nail in order to clinch a playoff spot. Unfortunately, the Colorado Raptors weren’t able to make it to a playoff run for the S73 season. Nevertheless and even while speaking in a language which isn’t his to begin with, Xavier was able to rally the troops in the locker room after the last game of the season and have them more motivated than ever for the seasons to come.

Word : 150

Xavier Beausoleil
Raptors
Position RW
Height : 6.5ft
Weight : 236lbs
[Image: Takk806.gif] [Image: sf4IwSc.gif]

Option 2:

Svoboda is very much a solitary individual and does not feel as if he is much of a leader in terms of being able to rally his teammates. Instead, he's always relied on his play in hopes that he can lead by example. He always felt that scoring goals and setting up his teammates was the best way at pushing them to excel.

This season he felt his age starting to catch up to him somewhat. While he still had a decent season, he saw his teammates beginning to excel at the game more than he was so he felt the need to speak up more. Since he does not speak often as it is, his teammates always tend to listen intently when he does. So luckily, at the moment, all he needs to say to encourage his teammates is single words at a time. When one scores it's "good!", when they allow a goal: "bad..."

There will come a day where he will have to say more to encourage his teammates, but he's happy with short phrases of approval or disappointment for the moment.

185 words

PanthersPanthersPanthersPanthers

KnightsKnightsKnightsKnights

Ever since being traded to Calgary in the offseason after Season 70, Sophie Bordeleau has taken on the role of mentor with the team in the depths of a rebuild. On the ice, she's formed one half of a dynamic duo with her new left winger Tom Pedersen and hired gun Lev Lebedev on the right side, and tries to lead by example for the youngsters at prospect camp. Calgary iced two rookies last season and are expected to graduate several more in the next season, so it's on the veteran players to model the right ways to play for these rookies and teach good habits. Sophie's talent here is that she can elevate young players by drawing defenders to her with her skating and puck skills, forcing teams to run close checking to stop her going to work. With this, Sophie is still very talented at getting open and the extra attention means other players have more space to get shots off before they develop the experience and hockey IQ to make plays by themselves.

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]

Option 2:

Written Task: Players sometimes need that extra push to reach their potential. What does your player excel at unlocking in their teammates?

As a penguin, Adelie is driven by almost exclusively food. It is all he ever thinks about and he does his best to make sure that tasty treats are available at all time. As a result, all Pengu manages to unlock in his team is a ravenous hunger. For success? Not so much. For tasty fish? Absolutely. Pengu is constantly dragging in all sorts of seafood and when someone is nice to him, he is always willing to share! What confuses him though is that sometimes his teammates will deny is offerings. He knows that the hunger has been awaked in them. After all how can you look at a massive table laden with tasty raw krill and shrimps and not have that hunger unlocked? Jokes aside though, he really helps the team unwind and relax with all the food he brings in and that allows the team to clear their head and really focus in on what they have to do on the ice. This clarity gives them an extra edge!

[img=0x0]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/819596167843151906/843586092388057098/De_pengu_logo_2.png[/img]

Option 2:

Meta Knight leads the line for Minnesota on and off the ice, no more so that in his methods and tricks to make sure people take their gym work seriously. There is only one way for us to win on the ice, and that is for us to win off the ice. And to win off the ice, the whole teams needs to work hard too. There are many ways to handle this, some might choose encouragement, some might choose being tough on people, some might even choose a reward inventive of some kind, but I can only choose pain. If you don't show up in the gym and put the time in, you are going to feel it. Your locker will never be safe, anything you have around the rink is not safe, you will face an endless string of missing items, unfortunate accidents, and nightmareish pranks. Why ask nicely, when you can simply have fun destroying someone with you teammates!

philippe eko eel likes to rub off on his teammates - literally. he has a special maneuver called the Real Deal Eel Peel where in the locker room he wraps his slimy eel body all around one of his teammates. the teammate gets completely coated in eel slime and the superstition declares that some of eel's incredible skills and talent rub off as well. he specifically targets this move towards younger players like billy herrington @Ferda who seems to particularly like it, and old players such as binko koivu and angus mcfife @goldenglutes @micool132 who could use a little extra pep in their step in their old age - eel's slime provides! he has gone on record stating he will not yet do this to Sim Wen @Jepox and he will wait until the young man is of lega age. in actuality, philippe eko eel knows that no such special powers can be conferred via eel slime, he's just doing his best to motivate his teammates to live up to their own potentials and talents.

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

ISFL Affiliate
Username: Jumbo

[Image: jumbobone19.gif]
[Image: 9tINabI.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: xc2IPJy.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wW0VNnL.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM @sköldpaddor @Merica for the Sigs

Affiliate ISFL

[Image: puddlesoduck2.gif]