Create Account

S73 PT#4: Planning Perfection
(This post was last modified: 10-23-2023, 07:25 PM by Cycro. Edited 3 times in total.)

Please pick ONE prompt to write about. Do not mix and match prompts. Identify the prompt you are using in your submission - Copying and pasting the prompt will deduct from your word count so if you do this make sure YOUR submission is 150+ words excluding the prompt.

Option 1: 

Written Task: The big day is approaching! Your kids are fired up and ready to hit the ice, now you need to do your best to prepare them. Describe your tactical system for your youth squad as you prepare for the big international tournament.
Graphic Task: draw an X's and O's chart of one of the plays you teach your kids.

Option 2: 

Written Task: Players sometimes need that extra push to reach their potential. What does your player excel at unlocking in their teammates?
Graphic Task: Create a graphic that includes both your player and one specific teammate your player enjoys playing with.

You will receive 3 TPE for fulfilling all requirements.

All responses are due on Sunday, October 29th at 11:59 PST. NOTE: IF YOU SUBMIT/EDIT AFTER THE DEADLINE YOU WILL RECEIVE REDUCED/NO TPE.

Affiliate claims from either PBE or ISFL or WSLB or SSL are accepted; link directly to your post and note if your username is different there.
If you have any questions/concerns, please PM me. Tasks with malicious intent will not be graded. The graders reserve the right to determine malicious intent, after discussion with me. You will not be warned.

This task is for SHL players and send downs only. If your player is S74, that's not you.

[Image: npBt0yK.png]

PBE Affiliate

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla for the player signatures! 

PT Pass

[Image: downer.gif]

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]

Option 2:

Professional athletes are at the peak of physically gifted humans. However, the mental side of the game can make us feel like any other human. Our body may be able to do things other can't, but if we're not in the right head space it doesn't matter how athletic we are. We're human and, sometimes, we still need encouragement and motivation. I've learned that this is an important part of being a good teammate so I've worked on being one of those teammates others can look to for motivation.

I don't do anything special or over the top, but I always make sure my teammates know how much I think of them. I talk them up every chance I get, tell them they're a beast and they can dominate any time they want to. I shouting positive feedback on the bench every time they come to the bench. I make sure they know how great they are and how great they can be. It's about keeping their spirits up and not harping on mistakes. That's what coaches are for. I want them to hear from a peer just how awesome they are and to keep it going.

(197 words)

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
33-12-1
Regular Season - [G 6] [A 8] [Pts 14] [+/- +25] [PIM 30] [Hits 22] [SB 87]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

ISFL affiliate

[Image: zootshl.gif]
Sig credits: OrbitingDeath & enigmatic

[Image: hUtg6sH.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png]

Timber Scarecrows pride Aurora France

PBE affiliate PT

[Image: wfm-sig.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

Pt pass

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

I feel like this camp has turned into something more than it needed to be with a bit so smooth transition. However, we move on and give the people what they want.

It’s been an eventful summer getting these kids ready for some random out of no where international tournament. We have a successful camp working on our skills and skating development. We’ve played exhibition games against local minor hockey teams to learn to put those skills to the test. Now we fly over to Helsinki and will face off against the worlds best young talent.

The strategies are simple. Kill them with speed and relentless pressure. Two in the puck in the offensive zone so force turnovers into scoring chances. In the defensive zone we will be suffocating the opposing team with our gap control. We have a talented group of players who worked hard all summer and we are going to walk away international champions.

Option 2:

Ryosuke Sato is very good at bringing up the mood of the young ones. When the team isn't doing as well as they had hoped and the slow rebuild is still going, Sato is there to wave away the worries of the young guns in terms of their play. They see the aging and old Sato still giving it his all on the ice and making mistakes, but the mistakes and poor statistics don't bother him too much anymore, nor should it bother the future play of the rookies. A lot of the Toronto North Stars are still growing and improving and a lot of mistakes will be made until the team becomes elite, but that is all a part of the process and Sato is there to help them learn and understand that greatness isn't achieved in one season. It took many a seasons before even Sato made an impact in the league and it was a team effort at the end of the day.

[Image: Dextaria.gif]

[Image: Niz2wua.png]  [Image: iB9r7kM.png]  [Image: 6by0kBi.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM, @Moreorless89 and @ValorX77 for the sigs!

Option 2: 

Written Task: Players sometimes need that extra push to reach their potential. What does your player excel at unlocking in their teammates?

Alexandros himself excels at 3 aspects of the game. Passing, skill-based defense and offensive/defensive awareness. For these reasons Alexandros actually excels at augmenting his teammates and giving them that extra push they need to do better. In regards to passing this is an easy one as a good passer is what allows a good sniper to receive the puck right in their scoring zone and light the lamp. The skill-based defense namely positioning and stick checking allows him to de a safe option on the penalty kill so teammates don’t have to worry about playing a more physical style of game and is good at preventing quick break turnovers. Finally, Alexandros has top tier for the playing level offensive read and defensive read. For offense it allows him to augment his above average playmaking ability to always be in place and know the flow of play to truly hit the sweet spots for his teammates to score. Similarly with the offensive read his defensive read allows him to lock down the opponent’s offense before they create a play helping out defense and goalie in tight situations preventing defensive breakdowns.

words - 189

PT Pass

[Image: blix900.gif]

[Image: QwTZD8C.png][Image: iemKOIk.png]

Option #2

Kristian Seppanen's biggest strength to help unlock the potential of his teammates is his vision. Seppanen knows where to be on both ends of the puck to help make the right play, and knows how to thread the needle to get the goal scorers back in their scoring groove. Seppanen and some of his teammates do additional drills, where Seppanen tries the coach role - showing them how he sees plays developing ahead of time, and how he gets to the right spot at the right time. In exchange, his teammates help him learn how to score - as prior to coming to Canada to play for Yukon, Kristian Seppanen had never considered the role of the defenceman to be to score goals. It's a good trade, where everybody on the team is focused on making everybody better. Given Seppanen can see plays develop in advanced, Seppanen can often be heard on the hot mic, calling out to teammates where to go on the ice, and being a true quarterback of the team.

ISFL affilate

[Image: 9x1vcNx.png]

PT Pass

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

Task 1:

As a youth coach, William Salming would for sure encourage the kids to play active game instead of trap. Why? Because it would develop them best. Their individual skills would develop more when defending aggressively forward instead of skating backwards. They would also face more challenging 1v1 situations when defending actively because they would not have a support from closest teammate near. So, the playbook for Salming's youth squad would be like this: They would forecheck from deep with 1-2-2 system and force turnovers. In the neutral zone they would defend also in 1-2-2. And in the own zone they would be aggressive all the time trying to get stops. They would pressure non-stop. With the puck, they would play north-south game a lot because it improves skating and also puck management skills in tight spaces. Offensive zone model would be 2-3. They would have two players close to the net always because that way kids would learn importance of screening in goal-scoring.

[Image: salming.png]