Create Account

Aleister Cain
(This post was last modified: 09-23-2020, 03:56 PM by spooked.)

JUST SAYING THAT TECHNICALLY IF NO ONE DOES ANYTHING HE WILL HAVE TO RETIRE AND THAT WOULD HELP THE GOALIE OVER SATURATION ISSUE IN A NATURAL WAY GET THE EFF OUT KINDA WAY

will also give him a couple months to become a reformed Slash who some teams might want.

If we were talking about a player who didn't burn their own bridges I would support change to help them, but since it's a self-created issue as stated by his own ex-GM, I don't think there is really any reason to do anything. He can speak to teams who have cap space himself and try to make a deal with them where they will bring him on for the season or more. If we have a goalie population issue, adjusting things to keep another goalie around isn't going to help it's just going to cause problems again next offseason and the one after that especially if he hasn't changed his reputation. Do we really want Slash going through some bidding thing every offseason until he retires potentially? Unless they add a position change option, I don't think anything needs to happen really.

It is kind of fair that there needs to be something done to make it so players don't go out like this, being at their peak but having no suitors, but the onus is on both player and HO. HO has to look into if this is going to be an isolated incident (Honkerss already covered that) and what they could attempt (again, Honkerss has great ideas). But it is also on the player to actually be appealing to be signed based on how they represent themselves. If you represent an image that is most often being sly and mocking people, that is going to get around. The biggest thing I can point to is when TDZ left NOLA to explore expansion options, which was met by Slash and Serpe going after him. Friendly banter or not it sends a bad message to players that would sign there that it's what they'll put up with, and to any team interested in Slash that they're bringing in someone who has gone after teammates in the past.

[Image: mazatt.gif]

[Image: KhdDH3Q.png] [Image: q4PM2XX.png]

09-23-2020, 03:34 PMjRuutu Wrote: Not enough room is one thing, but another issue is how more and more managers run their teams to be book clubs for the elderly: 'tea and biscuits on the counter, let's take turns on discussing this weeks book, but please watch the language - Marylyn said a bad word last week and we do not want to have that discussion again.' 

What happened to wanting to win championships and to the rivalries? Is there no value in signing a quality player for free IF there is room and then potentially looking into trading that player for an asset at the deadline?

Way too much value is put to locker rooms in this league especially, great if people get along and share similar interests, but lets be 100% honest, there are better forums for discussions than whatever SHL can offer.

There are too many wannabe chatroom moderators working as general managers who love nothing more than having 15 users agreeing with each other in a locker room. How about you get rid of those inactives in your team and do some actual general managing for once? Lazy, lazy, lazy.

You can talk about the caps and whatever contract limits, but I think the HO should start hiring some hockey minds into these management positions.

yeah, yeah, I know, i shouldnt reply to these, yadayada, whatever.

but im gonna because i dont wanna do my structures hw so here we go.

This take is objectively wrong. For starters - more tpe invested in the goalie position leads to swiftly diminishing returns. You spend more cap and cant get much actual proper in-sim results back for it. Unfortunate, but that's how the sim engine works. Goalies peak at about 900-1100 (give or take i think) tpe.

Secondly, a teams locker room is the most important asset they have to retain and bring in new assets. Look at what joe wrote earlier in the thread - NOLA was losing out on free agents because they had serpe on their team. if a team were to bring slash in and piss off half of their LR, makin them leave in free agency or simply lose the drive to keep updating, thats a hefty mf price to pay for a very expensive, theoretically slightly better, goalie.

The path to success in the SHL is building a team centered around the locker room. A group of people who enjoy playing with each other, driving each other to stay active, and keep updating. I wasn't the finest co-gm, but that was my philosophy when i was Manhattan co-gm. That core won a cup and has stayed competitive for seasons - and they all enjoy playing with each other.

lastly, this:

Quote:Is there no value in signing a quality player for free IF there is room and then potentially looking into trading that player for an asset at the deadline?

dude if u can sign him for free what makes u think somebody gon be payin for him at the deadline kekw

[Image: sig-e-e-geck-atl.png]

e

09-23-2020, 03:54 PMSlashACM Wrote: People don't like WBF for a similar decorum to mine, but would people be happy to see him waste away in FA after all his hard work?

ngl probably would be funny as fuck

e

09-23-2020, 03:59 PMGeckoeyGecko Wrote:
09-23-2020, 03:54 PMSlashACM Wrote: People don't like WBF for a similar decorum to mine, but would people be happy to see him waste away in FA after all his hard work?

ngl probably would be funny as fuck
This is why you’re never getting into the Buffalo LR btw

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

09-23-2020, 04:03 PMWannabeFinn Wrote:
09-23-2020, 03:59 PMGeckoeyGecko Wrote: ngl probably would be funny as fuck

fuck he saw it

e

09-23-2020, 03:25 PMDELIRIVM Wrote: While I do not agree with the language that Slash has said in the past, and would go as far as saying that haven't desired to share a locker room with him, I would like to remind the self righteous people in here who can point fingers but not accept that they have fucked up in the past are very culpable. If you are avoiding Slash for some morality clause, fine, that's all on you. If you're trying to say that you fit better in a locker room than he does, you're a fucking hypocrite. We all mess up. I'll be the first to admit all the bad shit I've done in my time on this site. I've been a piece of shit in the past and I'm surprised I'm on a team. But the same can be said for a lot of you. So instead of pointing fingers and talking shit. Get the fuck over it.

It's obvious that this is a money issue. Plain and simple. Because half of the people pointing fingers in here have done shit just as bad as Slash.

Fuck hypocrites.

Right. At least Slash never named his player Maximillian Wehner, amirite guys?

(I'm not even sure I got the spelling of Maximilian right.)

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

09-23-2020, 04:03 PMWannabeFinn Wrote:
09-23-2020, 03:59 PMGeckoeyGecko Wrote: ngl probably would be funny as fuck

e

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

09-23-2020, 03:56 PMGeckoeyGecko Wrote:
09-23-2020, 03:34 PMjRuutu Wrote: Not enough room is one thing, but another issue is how more and more managers run their teams to be book clubs for the elderly: 'tea and biscuits on the counter, let's take turns on discussing this weeks book, but please watch the language - Marylyn said a bad word last week and we do not want to have that discussion again.' 

What happened to wanting to win championships and to the rivalries? Is there no value in signing a quality player for free IF there is room and then potentially looking into trading that player for an asset at the deadline?

Way too much value is put to locker rooms in this league especially, great if people get along and share similar interests, but lets be 100% honest, there are better forums for discussions than whatever SHL can offer.

There are too many wannabe chatroom moderators working as general managers who love nothing more than having 15 users agreeing with each other in a locker room. How about you get rid of those inactives in your team and do some actual general managing for once? Lazy, lazy, lazy.

You can talk about the caps and whatever contract limits, but I think the HO should start hiring some hockey minds into these management positions.

yeah, yeah, I know, i shouldnt reply to these, yadayada, whatever.

This take is objectively wrong. For starters - more tpe invested in the goalie position leads to swiftly diminishing returns. You spend more cap and cant get much actual proper in-sim results back for it. Unfortunate, but that's how the sim engine works. Goalies peak at about 900-1100 (give or take i think) tpe.

Secondly, a teams locker room is the most important asset they have to retain and bring in new assets. Look at what joe wrote earlier in the thread - NOLA was losing out on free agents because they had serpe on their team. if a team were to bring slash in and piss off half of their LR, makin them leave in free agency or simply lose the drive to keep updating, thats a hefty mf price to pay for a very expensive, theoretically slightly better, goalie.

The path to success in the SHL is building a team centered around the locker room. A group of people who enjoy playing with each other, driving each other to stay active, and keep updating. I wasn't the finest co-gm, but that was my philosophy when i was Manhattan co-gm. That core won a cup and has stayed competitive for seasons - and they all enjoy playing with each other.

lastly, this:

Quote:Is there no value in signing a quality player for free IF there is room and then potentially looking into trading that player for an asset at the deadline?

dude if u can sign him for free what makes u think somebody gon be payin for him at the deadline kekw
Last point first, if a team wants to change things up at the deadline? Maybe they are not playing as well they could, improving one area of the team could help?

Unfortunate stuff if it's true that roughly around 1k TPE goalies are at their peak, is it better to just bank from there on then?

And what comes down to locker rooms, I have hard time believing Serpe alone is enough to turn free agents away, the hot team with a lot of ´SHL famous´ users is cool with Serpe in the room but Free agents turn their back to the hot team and to the users in the team just because of Serpe? In general, your thoughts of the locker rooms make sense, but I'm still going to say that too much value is put on them. I would also like to say that there is no way users like Slash are going to stop anybody from being active, too much time spent focusing on what if's instead of making or at least trying to make hockey moves happen.

For the record slash, trell-bells asked us if we had any issue with signing/acquiring you and we were all on board. That right there is an admittance that the question need be asked, but more than that it's a revelation that your reputation can last a very long time, long after it was true.

If anything is to come of today, it's that a lot of us have taken for granted the tone-less nature of the forums and how that can warp perceptions. And that a lot of us are looking for fights, sometimes.

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-23-2020, 04:18 PM by Tomen.)

09-23-2020, 12:43 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote: Is there legit no team out there that wants to sign the best goalie in the league? I just checked, he's the highest TPE goalie in the entire league.
Just came in here to say that is not true. Harry Carpet at 1.9k TPE and about to be the first goalie in history to break 2k TPE.

Also if some GMs said it really is a minimum money issue @SlashACM just retire and unretire to lower your TPE by 15% each time so you drop into a lower TPE bracket. That is technically possible solution to escape the 6m price tag.

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

09-23-2020, 04:13 PMjRuutu Wrote:
09-23-2020, 03:56 PMGeckoeyGecko Wrote: yeah, yeah, I know, i shouldnt reply to these, yadayada, whatever.

lastly, this:

Last point first, if a team wants to change things up at the deadline? Maybe they are not playing as well they could, improving one area of the team could help?

Unfortunate stuff if it's true that roughly around 1k TPE goalies are at their peak, is it better to just bank from there on then?

And what comes down to locker rooms, I have hard time believing Serpe alone is enough to turn free agents away, the hot team with a lot of ´SHL famous´ users is cool with Serpe in the room but Free agents turn their back to the hot team and to the users in the team just because of Serpe? In general, your thoughts of the locker rooms make sense, but I'm still going to say that too much value is put on them.  I would also like to say that there is no way users like Slash are going to stop anybody from being active, too much time spent focusing on what if's instead of making or at least trying to make hockey moves happen.

The thing is FAs tend to have a choice - an LR that's great all around, or a good LR but with Serpe and Slash. Which one do you think gets the edge? It doesn't even have to be that objectively bad, but it's simply worse than other LRs, and that means that FAs are going to not choose it.

Manhattan Rage | General Manager
[Image: sig-hlemyzd.png]
thanks Sulovilen for the sig!
D | Great Falls Grizzlies | Player Page | Update Page

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]
[Image: image.png]

09-23-2020, 04:17 PMTomen Wrote:
09-23-2020, 12:43 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote: Is there legit no team out there that wants to sign the best goalie in the league? I just checked, he's the highest TPE goalie in the entire league.
Just came in here to say that is not true. Harry Carpet at 1.9k TPE and about to be the first goalie in history to break 2k TPE.

Also if some GMs said it really is a minimum money issue @SlashACM just retire and unretire to lower your TPE by 15% each time so you drop into a lower TPE bracket. That is technically possible solution to escaped the 6m price tag.

I actually considered that but as a 2k player you know how hard it is to grind for that tpe just to literally throw it away like that. For now I'm content earning as a FA considering I can still do all the tasks I could do when signed (except TTC i guess) and I'm glad to see it has sparked some thought into the way goalies are deployed, and treated. I appreciate the suggestion though

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

Locker Rooms are very important. I have been on some BAD Texas teams with Kubinec but the locker room made the experience so much better and made me want to stay active. That experience is everything.

And if you think they're run like book clubs, you probably aren't in too many.

Renegades  raiders  Finland

09-23-2020, 04:19 PMCitizen of Adraa Wrote:
09-23-2020, 04:13 PMjRuutu Wrote: Last point first, if a team wants to change things up at the deadline? Maybe they are not playing as well they could, improving one area of the team could help?

And what comes down to locker rooms, I have hard time believing Serpe alone is enough to turn free agents away, the hot team with a lot of ´SHL famous´ users is cool with Serpe in the room but Free agents turn their back to the hot team and to the users in the team just because of Serpe? In general, your thoughts of the locker rooms make sense, but I'm still going to say that too much value is put on them.  I would also like to say that there is no way users like Slash are going to stop anybody from being active, too much time spent focusing on what if's instead of making or at least trying to make hockey moves happen.

The thing is FAs tend to have a choice - an LR that's great all around, or a good LR but with Serpe and Slash. Which one do you think gets the edge? It doesn't even have to be that objectively bad, but it's simply worse than other LRs, and that means that FAs are going to not choose it.
How do people know the LR is bad or good? People talk about their LR's and that way or outsiders are allowed in? If it's latter, how can someone say the LR is good or bad if they are not even in the team, simply by having outside users in the LR eliminates the freedom of getting to chat about certain topics. It's not the same thing.

I would certainly pick Slash/Serpe and good LR if they are in better position to win something.