Create Account

S73 PT#3: Getting Colorful

Angus Mcfife the eighteenth (of the Atlanta Inferno hockey team in the simulation hockey league) would like his goalie teamates to make more saves and to get more wins! I know it's easy to say and everyone wants their goalies to do that. But @hotdog listened to us. watch this little @Bongo , the GM brought in the legend @brickwall to Atlanta and so far in 3 games the wall has won everygame, becoming the vision of Angus' ideal goalie. The brick wall has been so good that Angus has been back at saying "im gonna win the cup", something he sometimes forget to say nowadays. He would also like that goalies stop taking so much space in the travel bus. Like they could take off their pads or something and put them in the luggage room but they insist to wear them inside the bus for some mysterious reason. They say it's good luck but I think they just want to piss off the rest of the team sometimes, maybe they trying to send us a message that we need to paly better but I don't think so.

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

Playing friendly mat he’s with the kids or Louisiana is decisively going to be an easy win for the semi-pro players, even with giving the youth the benefit of the doubt. Louisiana does not have a prevalent hockey culture, so finding those invested in the sport are few and VERY far between. I think from a progressional standpoint, it would be better long term to bypass the friendly marches and stick to the lessons and drills that will help them refine their skills and train at a higher level. First and most importantly, the youth athletes need to learn how to skate and the basis of stick handling. With the climate not being conducive to hockey, it’s tough to practice throughout the year as the hockey rinks are few and far between. I think rather than hosting friendly matches, it would be better to put some fun games and drills in place to  help  refine their skills and learn the sport they enjoy most. 

Prompt 2

It seems pretty obvious to say that Andren would like for the goalie to stop the puck when it's headed towards them. It's their entire job after all. However, there is a lot more that Andren expects out of his goalie that will end up making his life as a forward easier. The first and foremost is to be calm. Calm in the fast of shots, calm after they inevitability get scored on. Not freaking out lets the team in front of them know that they can rely on them to hold the most important position in hockey. The second would be to not be scared to play the puck out. Lets try to keep this game going instead of stopping it every few moments when a puck gets close to the net. It's hard to get into a rhythm if you're stopped a lot and forced to take a face-off constantly.

152 words

Andren Akerson (Present)
Adrik Baranov (S55 to S70)
Rurik Razin (S32 to S44)
Roy Razin (S17 to S32) (HOF/Rage HOF)
Audun Wissink (S5 to S15)

Written Task: As part of the visit to your team's home city, your camp kids play a few friendlies with the local teams of their same age range. How do they do? What lessons do they learn from the matchups, and how will they take these lessons home to their domestic hockey programs?

I'm proud to say that the kids from my camp are better than the kids in the Baltimore, while we may not overpower them physically, we definitely are better than them when it comes to the fundamentals. Although the local kids play a different style of hockey then we teach so both sets of kids learned something new. I think our kids have learned to play more physical in certain situations including corner battles and wall battles. The European style is general considered more technically while the North American style is considered to be a bit more physical. Obviously, that's not saying the kids don't play with but there was a difference seeing the 2 groups of kids playing. Generally, we've done pretty well going slightly above .500 which I consider a massive step forward. Obviously, our kids had played hockey before but I'm so proud seeing the growth and commitment of these kids.

[Image: DrbPYHV.png]   [Image: B4x6AQm.png]
Scarecrows Russia Wolfpack

Rest In Peace Dangel

1st SHL Goal - S52 Game 1 vs Tampa 3. New England Wolfpack , Jakub Bruchevski 1 (Eko Van Otter 1, Delver Fudgeson 2) at 8:10

Scarecrows Platoon Russia

[Image: F4iUWyS.png]

During the visit to our team's home city, our camp kids performed admirably in the friendlies against the local teams within their same age range. They exhibited great skills, teamwork, and determination which allowed them to achieve positive results. From these matchups, our camp kids learned several valuable lessons. Firstly, they realized the importance of communication and coordination on the field. Playing against the local teams provided them with an opportunity to witness the effectiveness of strategic plays and how effective communication can lead to successful outcomes. They acknowledged that in order to succeed, they need to work together as a cohesive unit. Secondly, our camp kids discovered the significance of adaptability. Facing different playing styles and tactics from the local teams challenged our kids to swiftly adjust their own approach to the game. This experience taught them to think on their feet, understand the weaknesses of their opponents, and devise effective counter-strategies accordingly.

[Image: Screenshot_87.png]

I think it’s pretty safe to say that the friendlies went well. It is always a good opportunity to hone skills against those of your own age group, so when returning home it was a privilege to coach those kids and let them do so. They won two and lost two, but the real victories had nothing to do with the final scores.

It was so nice to see those kids practice their hockey skills. Through the matches, I watched the passes become crisper, the shots become slappier, and the skating more sound. They began to fly around the ice.

The true gains though, were mostly intangible. Not only did I watch the skills get better, I watched the confidence grow. I watched how the children interacted with their teammates and treated themselves and their opponents with respect. This type of thing *can* be taught, but can only be put into practice through experience. I wanted every child to go out there feeling great and being respectful to themselves and everyone involved. Character makes a good hockey player.

[Image: 2JcMUJm.png]

Option 2 - Tell me what your player wants their team's goalie to do to make their specific role easier. If your player is a goalie, tell me what you do to make your forwards' lives a little easier!

Edžus Ozolins really wants his goalie to PASS HIM THE PUCK, and to no one else!!! Derek Martin and Reed Kobo can't stop getting first stars of the game, and while Kobo doing well is good for my fantasy team, Ozolins can't stand missing out on so many stars of the night. For that reason, he rejects the fact he might simply be garbage and instead decides to blame it all on his goalie which, according to him, doesn't pass him the puck enough. While he may be right, Edžus seems to forget that goalies are supposed to STOP scoring chances, not contribute to them. That's why they're so important, and maybe also why they're so randomly good or bad. At the end of the day, instead of helping the team to win, Ozolins wants his goalie to fuel his desire of hoarding the puck, and he doesn't care if this causes the Los Angeles Panthers to lose! Who knew Edžus was so narcissistic?

Code:
164 words

Thank you to @Revontulete for the sig! [Image: Edzus_Ozolins.png?ex=663422ef&is=6632d16...f173626fb&]

How the hell do they wear all this gear? I don’t even understand and to be honest I’m not even going to begin to try. I thought we skaters wear a lot of gear and we do. But this is crazy. I have a newfound respect for goalies now that I have tried on this entire uniform. The chest protectors, the shoulder pads that are larger than ours. And don’t even get me started on those giant pads that look like they take up the entirety of your legs. It is amazing to me how these goalies are still Able to move around the ice with all this on and be nimble at all. I’m going ti start hitting the gym with the goalies, because their arm strength is crazy. To have those pads on and still be able to reach your arm up really quickly to make a blocker save? I gotta tell ya, mad respect for those goalies

[Image: nf6AAw2.png]

Despite being the kind of player who enjoys physical play, Bastien loves scoring goals and points even more and thus the lessons he would want the kids to take from the friendly matches would be to play to each player's strength and build them up. The game of hockey must always remain a fun experience and so fun would be at the core of the whole thing. Being serious is required in order to excel at the highest levels but kids and kids need to have fun which is essential in order for them to grow and achieve their potential. How they do doesn't matter really so long as they are having fun. Hockey lessons can be taught for sure but the first thing Bastien would ask the kids is how much fun they had and how they feel they could have more fun during a game. Because at the core, Bastien is a child at heart.

Quote:OPTION 1 - :scout: 

Written Task: As part of the visit to your team's home city, your camp kids play a few friendlies with the local teams of their same age range. How do they do? What lessons do they learn from the matchups, and how will they take these lessons home to their domestic hockey programs?

During our visit to our team's home city, our camp kids participated in several friendly matches against local teams of the same age range. These matchups were a valuable learning experience for our young hockey players.

In the games, our kids faced various challenges and competition styles, helping them adapt to different playing environments. They discovered the importance of teamwork, communication, and adaptability as they had to adjust to the local teams' strategies and tactics. Some games were won, others lost, but the key takeaway was the importance of resilience and sportsmanship.

These lessons will be brought back to their domestic hockey programs. Our camp kids will share their experiences with their peers, emphasizing the need to remain composed under pressure and the significance of constant improvement. They will apply the techniques and strategies they learned from these matchups to enhance their own performance and contribute positively to their team dynamics. This exchange of knowledge and experiences will not only benefit their individual growth as players but also strengthen their home teams.

[Image: BnanaNWaffles.gif]
Sig by @Ragnar / Avatar by @leviadan
[Image: lIYTYDN.png]  [Image: qtbn8zh.png]  [Image: wu5MVvy.png]

Option 2:

As far as the goalies go on the team Matiss asks the goal to try to play the puck as much as possible when they have free time to be able to create good transitions to move the team back up the ice and create offensive opportunities. If your team's goalies are able to successfully play the puck well then you are able to create odd man rushes. Specifically, if a team goes to dump the puck in and change and your goalie is able to get out of the net to get the puck and get it up to the defense and forwards as quickly as possible your team will have a good shot at creating good scoring opportunities. Getting odd man rush opportunities into the offensive zone makes the forwards lives a lot easier because then they are able to have a better opportunity to create a quick play to get set up for a good scoring opportunity. When your forwards are able to get good’s scoring opportunities, it makes their lives on the ice a lot easier.

Prompt 2

With Trevor lahey being a goal scoring machine, in theory (according to Trevor) he should be best person to tell the goalie how to improve their performance. With that said his methods aren’t always the best or easiest to achieve. His first idea is the team goalie to find away to increase in size, because if you get large enough, in theory, eventually you should be able to physically cover the whole net (insert Duncan the walrus GEICO commercial). Now there are a few different ways to achieve this, one way is to eat everything in sight and become obese, altogether this would make getting on the ice a bit more difficult and not exactly the healthiest idea. He could try to become very muscular to the point that his muscles cover the entire net, but this may take a long time with out some “medical help”.  Last idea would be for the goalie to where a suit that would hide a second person, think two kids in a trench coat, one on the others shoulders, but with them side by side. With that said, i thinks the teams goalie would be much better off not listening to Trevor.

180 Words

[Image: captainLahey.png?width=1000&height=606]
[Image: lIYTYDN.png][Image: tCcIWQC.png][Image: 9pUocRs.png]

Goalies are weird creatures, and Andreas Kvalheim does not ever tell his goal tenders how to save the puck. He knows nothing of the position, and does not care how his team's netminder plays the position as long as the puck stays out of the net. They can flail around all they want but the important thing is that the puck stays out of the net. Even though Toronto's netminder is young and still new to the SHL, the name Carpet is one with a legendary history in the North Stars franchise. Rhett may be a rookie, but even so he will be leaning on Harry's advice which will be worth far more than listening to any of his teammates. One thing that Andreas Kvalheim does wish his goalies did more was send his a stretchpuck in the neutral zone, but that is something that is that most coaches don't want to risk.

[Image: 17307_s.gif]

StarsnorwayRenegades // PLAYER PAGE || UPDATES \\ RenegadesnorwayStars

Tanner Tanner Tanner! This goalie showed up out of freaking nowhere and got picked by the Colorado Raptors in the third round of last year (The S73 SMJHL draft). The management team (namely General Manager NYR73 and Co General Manager Takk) had big expectations for this player from the get go : To be their starting goalie from day one and bring this really young team to success! Since the draft, Tanner Pitts managed to hold the line as best as he could. He’s a diamond in the rough and management knows that it’s only going to get better over time.
If there’s one thing that Xavier would like Tanner to do differently on the ice, I guess it’d be for him to be more aggressive on the ice. I mean, the guy’s a stud! He’s consistent, nothing seems to bother him. He’s basically teflon to whatever happens on the ice. He’s the embodiment of the goalie with mental toughness of steel! Nothing the other team can do seems to bother the guy! … To the point where it can infuriate Xavier on the ice. I mean, Beausoleil’s blood boils for nothing. He gets fired up just by a simple tap of the back and he loves it. His ringtone on his phone is Shia Leboeuf screaming “JUST DO IT!”. You can imagine how it can look weird for the winger to see his goalie not being phased by anything.

Xavier Beausoleil
Raptors
Position RW
Height : 6.5ft
Weight : 236lbs
[Image: Takk806.gif] [Image: sf4IwSc.gif]

ISFL affiliate (Dindog) +