Create Account

S73 PT#3: Getting Colorful

Please pick ONE prompt to write about. Do not mix and match prompts. Identify the prompt you are using in your submission - Copying and pasting the prompt will deduct from your word count so if you do this make sure YOUR submission is 150+ words excluding the prompt.

OPTION 1 - :scout:

Written Task: As part of the visit to your team's home city, your camp kids play a few friendlies with the local teams of their same age range. How do they do? What lessons do they learn from the matchups, and how will they take these lessons home to their domestic hockey programs?

Graphic option: Design a logo or jersey for the youth program of the country of your choice, which, again, must NOT currently have an IIHF team. Incorporate at least three colors, with e.g. white trimming counting as a color.

OPTION 2 - Goalie Goals

Written Task: Tell me what your player wants their team's goalie to do to make their specific role easier. If your player is a goalie, tell me what you do to make your forwards' lives a little easier!

Graphic option: Show me your player being confused by gear of the opposite role. Meaning: if your player is a forward or defensemen, show me them struggling with goalie gear. If your player is a goalie, show me their struggles to understand how you can play hockey without pads and with a stick that small.

You will receive 3 TPE for fulfilling all requirements.

All responses are due on Sunday, October 22nd at 11:59 PST. NOTE: IF YOU SUBMIT/EDIT AFTER THE DEADLINE YOU WILL RECEIVE REDUCED/NO TPE.

Affiliate claims from either PBE or ISFL or WSLB or SSL are accepted; link directly to your post and note if your username is different there.
If you have any questions/concerns, please PM me. Tasks with malicious intent will not be graded. The graders reserve the right to determine malicious intent, after discussion with me. You will not be warned.

This task is for SHL players and send downs only. If your player is S74, that's not you.

[Image: zN6tB52.png]

PT pass

[Image: zN6tB52.png]

The kids that we taught last week do fantastic with other kids in their range. I think it is all about discipline as well as just really getting the skills needed to be a great hockey player. As I mentioned last week, this is an area in which hockey is not really popular, so I think it is about just really getting the skills to be successful. It all starts with the fundamentals, so really learning those and having the kids and also some adults to help teach is the goal this time around. It's so fun seeing the kids share their experiences and what they learned from the previous training, but now it is bigger. They get to meet kids that they are not used to, so it's all about making friends in the sport of hockey that we all love. Fundamentals, fun, and a lot of learning. That is what the camp is about. We should definitely do this again.

Words: 164

[Image: huNeCNb.png]
Thank you OrbitingDeath! <3

Prompt 1:

The kids in the Malamute camp play well against other kids their age. Just like the Malamutes organization, Malamutes camp teaches kids a wide range of skills, unique to their role and abilities. They wanna light it up and have the silk hands that Svatos Tanner has? Well, we'll teach em to score all right. They suck at basically everything? Seppanen's got a shot blocking seminar ready for them to watch. We even bring back legend Sydney Shaw to give some leadership classes. As such, the key thing they take away from the matchups is how to play as a team - and how to play effectively to their role. It's important, especially for the budding young superstar kids, to know that they can't be everything on the ice and they need to rely on their teammates to do what they do best. So of course, the kids made some mistakes out there and didn't play a perfect game - but the game wasn't about winning (even though they did that too), it was about learning how to value their teammates on the ice - how to anticipate where they'll be, and how to know what to do, and what not to do, to be the most effective team they can be.

ISFL affiliate

[Image: Morleyhockey.gif]

During the friendly matches between the camp kids and the local hockey teams in my team's home city, the outcomes can vary. Some matches might be challenging, while others could be more evenly matched. Regardless of the results, these experiences provide valuable lessons for the young players, fostering both their individual skills and team dynamics.

Skill Improvement: Through these friendly matches, the camp kids have the opportunity to test and improve their skills in a real game setting. They learn about different playing styles, strategies, and techniques employed by the local teams. This exposure helps them identify areas of improvement in their own game.

Teamwork and Communication: Hockey is a team sport that relies heavily on effective communication and teamwork. By playing against local teams, the camp kids learn how to coordinate with their teammates, communicate on the ice, and work together to achieve common goals. These lessons in teamwork are invaluable and can be applied to any team sport, including hockey.

[Image: gurbs.gif]

OPTION 2 - Goalie Goals

Here on the Kraken we have 2 main goaltenders, long tenured sith lord Sith Happens and newcomer Denebor Milasch. For newcomer Denebor i do not have much to add to how they are sporting a .918 save percentage and more then twice the wins as losses, clearly what they are doing is just what we need. Our main starter Sith though seems to have had a share early season struggles with the Kraken. We have struggled to find our mojo and left our poor goalies peppered with shots. we seem to be moving out of that poor play phase of the start of the season. My request to Sith and by extension Denebor is to stay positive and be patient with us  as we get back into the groove that made us such a dominant team last season and to keep practicing their own game as we come back into our own. right now they are the only thing keeping us in it and i don't think our struggles are on them.

OPTION 2:

It is very simple for the goalie, train every day, watch game film, and get to know the shooting tendencies of our upcoming opponents and keep the puck out of the net. Let us grind for you, fight for the puck for you and do our damnedest to keep the play as far away from you as possible. There is no need for you to come out of the crease and play the puck, we are not looking for a third defender on the ice. We do not need outlet passes to help us break away. Just please play a clean game and we will do the dirty work. Also pray to the post gods you believe in for fortunate bounces when that puck hits them…and if you see the opposing goalie heading towards a scrum blocker in hand, maybe meet him at the center line for a good old fashion goalie fight so we don’t have too.

[Image: Ak8rQKy.png?width=675&height=375]
Sig by Lazyeye
[Image: image.png?width=600&height=300]
Sig by DaBoot
Knights Timber pride

Option 2

As a defenseman, having a goalie like I have this year is a big help. Having a goalie, that I don't have to fear every shot that gets past me tickling the twine, means I don't have to block as many shots. This in turn will allow my player to concentrate on other aspects of my game, allowing me to become an all around better defenseman. Of course I will still block shots as it is part of my job and something I take great pride in doing, and I have proven to be relatively good at doing it. But by having decent, trustworthy goalies behind me, I can concentrate more on being in that perfect position to start the transition game up the ice to jump start that offence. This in turn should lead to more offensive scoring chance, and in general, make us a complete beast that is almost impossible to play against.

[Image: x17WALp.png][Image: hUtg6sH.png][Image: pPWkZOM.png]
[Image: Q9Ii17g.png]
Credit to Ragnar and Enigmatic for the great Signatures

PT Pass

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

PBE Affiliate

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla for the player signatures! 

We pretty much had this discussions last week about what Boots as a defender wants his goalie and best pal Anthony Dionne to do on the ice. Besides what we went over last week, Boots would very much like Dionne to lay off on the beatings in Mario Kart while on road trips. Last trip Dionne was winning every race whereas before it was a little more evenly matched. How did he get the edge on him? He had to know. Boots has started watching youtube channels with tips and tricks and noticed that Dionne has been using the same recommended characters and karts as mentioned in the videos he was watching! Instead of his usual Red or Blue Yoshi and occasional Baby Bowser, Dionne has been using Walugi non stop. Boots will for sure use this new knowledge against him and get the edge back. This competition will work with them on the ice as well as they continue to stay competitive and really just want the best out of each other.

[Image: 3WSeHAA.png]

After the few friendlies that they had it was pretty even matchups. The kids back at my home camp in Montreal play a lot more hockey than the kids in Los Angeles, so they had some pretty good games overall. I think the kids had a lot of fun and also the games were close and they won a couple, so they definitely had their confidence up.

After speaking to them after the games were completed, they really seemed to enjoy it, and they liked playing kids from a different country. They said the style of play was a little different and the way the game was called was also a little different. They found that the game was much harder and more physical back home, whereas in California they struggled early getting a lot of penalties and had to adjust their game slightly. But they said the kids they played against were very nice and the people around the rink were super friendly.

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2023, 12:25 PM by Saucetonia. Edited 1 time in total.)

OPTION 2

I think the biggest thing between goalies and defencemen is being vocal and communicating with each other. We work in tandem and being able to either call on, or call out each other in a game setting is extremely valuable. Especially when it comes to playing on the boards behind the goalie. When a goalie grabs the puck to keep possession the defensemen HAVE to tell him where to move the puck or else it's an easy turnover to force for tye opponent. On the other hand when we defencemen are in front of the goalie, if he doest talk to us we might not realize we're blocking him out physically or visually. Being able to communicate back and forth can be an incredible asset, and it takes some time for the goalie and all 6 defencemen to gain some chemistry, so there's no harm in always being vocal between one another.

ISFL Affiliate PT

[Image: wfm-sig.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]