Create Account

S70 PT #2: The Noodle Incident

Player Prompt:

Matiss feels that pressers are important to be able to get his feelings on the game out to the reporters and fans so that they can understand what his thoughts were about what happened in the game. Matiss likes taking questions from the media and being able to express himself and give his thoughts about his and his team's performances during the game. Matiss always likes to give people his side of the story about why he did one thing over another thing during the game and his thought process about his decisions. Matiss feels that if he opens up and explains why he did what he did it would allow people to understand a player's thinking during the game. Matiss would always volunteer to do a presser for a teammate if that teammate did not want to go. Matiss is a team player and always has his teammates back no matter what.

Code:
PLAYER PROMPT - What is your player's attitude towards media scrums in general?

Written Task:  Tell me about your player's thoughts and feelings on reporters and pressers in general! Do you like taking the questions after the games, or do you dread your number being called? Why? If a teammate gets asked for after a really bad game, would you voluntarily go in his stead? (150+ words)

Jølñgüštrâädæviñçh DuBølk only believes that there is one news source out there, and that's the Fitted Hockey Network, bringing only the most accurate and truthful news to SHL and SMJHL fans alike. Other than FHN, he believes that there is no other news outlets: not in the sense that they only publish bogus stories, but that they do not exist as an entity in this world. In turn, this makes interviews and pressers incredibly awkward, as DuBølk believes that the room full of reporters (minus FHN lead reporter Michael Fitted) is either a hallucination or are there for a massive prank by the team. He is more than happy to do these pressers, especially for his more camera-shy teammates, but comes out of it confused and questioning his reality, before going back to normal 5 minutes later. If he answers questions, they are only for FHN, and stares out at the room if there's hands up that's not FHN.

[Image: MCP_.gif]
     [Image: ICON1.png][Image: lions-button-updates.png]

https://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/...t&p=569697

PBE affiliate

[Image: pkHEmu9.png]

Spam has had mixed feelings about the media as far back as the Kelowna days. Now that he has moved on to the big leagues and is now halfway through his rookie season the increased media presence is certainly felt. Because he is a newer face a lot of the questions delve into his personal life. These are the kinds of questions that Spam tries to avoid. He feels fine talking about hockey but being a private person but talking about himself is something both unfamiliar and unwelcome. That being said after a tough game he is willing to step in and talk to the press. Some of this is due to feeling the need to do his duty as a rookie but the way he sees it this is a good way to actually talk about the game and not himself. These are the kinds of questions he's heard a thousand times and has no problem stepping in to blurt out the usual answers.

As a veteran SHL player and the long time captain of the Texas Renegades, Andreas Kvalheim is no stranger to dealing with the media. While at first, he struggled with dealing with the media, especially since English was not his native language. However, after twenty four seasons playing in the SHL he is extremely comfortable with the local press, having been at this job for longer than most of them. He's been through all the ups and downs the SHL has to offer, and dealt with the questions that come along with it. From being an high draft pick, to taking a few years to get his feet under him in the SHL, being named captain, winning major awards, failing in the playoffs, winning Challenge Cups, and now finally dealing with a rebuild. Andreas doesn't particulary enjoy dealing with the press but he understands that this an important part of helping grow the sport.

[Image: 17307_s.gif]

StarsnorwayRenegades // PLAYER PAGE || UPDATES \\ RenegadesnorwayStars

Harrington has never gotten tired of the limelight, and is always butting in trying to get in on a presser. He will gladly take anyone's place talking to reporters so that he can talk endlessly about whatever is on his mind. The reporters are kind of sick and tired of him though as they have heard from him for close to 20 seasons now. Harrington will talk about the game all day and all night if you let him, but he often veers into more personal topics that do not make for great hockey interviews. Harrington has even stolen the mic sometimes because the reporters refused to interview him as they just wanted to get on with their business and not take up the whole intermission with him. You will never find Harrington dodging a reporter, not even if he is taking his time on the toilet. He has always tried to be the star of the show.

[Image: arTbD7O.png]

Germany Berserkers Stampede Stars Barracuda syndicate

Graphic Task: Show me your player taking an awkward question at a media scrum!

[Image: e6yb2uW.png]

[Image: juniped_shl.gif]

Unlike his predecessor Martijn, Rasmus doesn’t mind the post game interviews and conversations. It’s a good exercise in practicing his English which is his third language given he grew up in Sweden. If he’s talking to the press to face the music after a poor game, he can’t really be mad because that’s what you get when you play like that. Don’t wanna do the interview? Don’t play that poorly and maybe you’ll avoid it. If he’s talking to the press because of something good that happened either to himself or the team as a whole, it’s great to both give and receive your flowers. As a player and someone who wants to be a leader on the team, you should be taking those opportunities to prop your teammates open and give respect where it is due. Regardless, Rasmus is happy to get in front of a mic - unless it’s a presentation for school then he’ll pass.

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

ISFL PT

[Image: symmetrik.gif]

Prince George Firebirds GM (S34-S36)
Toronto North Stars GM (S37-S43)
[Image: XtyrY3M.png]

At this point in time, there isn't much that phases Igor victory of the Philadelphia Forge in the Simulation Hockey League. After being in the Simulation Hockey League for as many seasons as Igor has, you have real rough games and amazing days, but they all start to blend together when it's the regular season. Except the one a few weeks ago. You see there was a moment in the game where Igor Victory took a bad penalty that resulted in the game winner. After the game reporter Deece Nuits of the Quebecoise Inquirer asked Igor Victory why he wasnt more responsible in his own game and with the game as tight as it was, how could he make that horrible penalty. Never before had Igor been asked such a ridiculously assertive tone and question. Luckily he was able to keep his composure and took responsibility, as any professional would. He then went out and egged his house after. Real mature

[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: wearingabear.gif]
render cred: @rum_ham, @Rangerjase @Ragnar @supertardis101 @Jogurtaa @Drokeep @evilallbran @Carpy48 @enigmatic
Player Page | Update Page
Armada  Forge  Finland

Pt pass

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]

PBE PT

I am fully, completely, neutral on the stance of speaking with or talking to or providing quotes to reporters or general news people, both writes, producers, podcasters, any sort of literature people. I can speak up if need be, I can take the heat when other do not want to, I can come off as an ice cold character that is too cool to feel any sort of embarrassment after a mis play or causing a game losing mistake and a goal against us. I am like cheese. Very malleable, very stretchy, very creamy, in every possible sense of that word. Very delicious, multi coloured, sometimes stinky. Any way, catch me on after hours with some very truly funny stories that will be sure to make you laugh out loud. And also be sure to catch me because that is the one and only time anyone will ask me to talk to the press any time soon, because I am one of the oldest players in the league and am now a bum.

[Image: j2h9XpS.png]
Thanks to JSS for the signature

[Image: ohmEd0h.png][Image: apAE8qn.png]

player prompt

Sarah Burke has never been a huge fan of being in the spotlight. She's out there to play hockey and doesn't really care much for all the media bits in between, especially given that early in her career a lot of the questions had to do with her trades and just kind of moving around the league. But it's a big part of the game she eventually got used to dealing with. Now that she's been in the league so long she doesn't get too many requests to answer questions and leaves most of the highlights to the young guys coming and going. That said, when the need comes up she will step in for another player who dreads the tough questions, and she will go in and provide the veteran's perspective on things when she's called upon. But she doesn't really give the media anything too flashy or deep, just your typical "get pucks deep, find a way to win" kind of responses that you see in just about every interview.

(172 words)

[Image: kyamprac1.gif]
thank you amid, swoosh and eni for sigs! <3

Story Mode:

This actually isn't Jr's first time at a presser, given that he was sometimes around for games when he dad was still playing for New Orleans. Some of the same reporters, too. Except this time he's not sitting on his dad's lap answering softball questions about riding the Zamboni. Who did Darnell have beef with? Easy. Head coach. What was the beef about? Darnell being put on the power play. The reporter asked the key question;

"Did you really get into a punch-up over power play time?"

"Yes, but not in the way you're thinking. I'm averaging almost a minute time on ice during the pp every night. I can't shoot it, and everybody knows it. I can pass, but so can every other d-man on the team. Makes no sense. There are other guys who are better at the job, and it's a waste for me to be out there. Save some of those minutes for shorthanded chances, where I can do better, eat more pucks."

In short, it's not the exact play time issue one might expect. But, ultimately, Darnell will just be happy to help the team in any way he can.

[Image: Screen_Shot_2020-07-07_at_12.29.58_PM.png]