Create Account

S70 PT #2: The Noodle Incident
(This post was last modified: 04-03-2023, 01:03 PM by Zerg. Edited 1 time in total.)

Please pick ONE prompt to write about. Do not mix and match prompts. Identify the prompt you are using in your submission - Copying and pasting the prompt will deduct from your word count so if you do this make sure YOUR submission is 150+ words excluding the prompt.

Please note that this year's "Story Mode" description does NOT mean that you must tie the PTs together in order to receive TPE! You are also NOT committed to one prompt chain - feel free to hop between them from week to week!

CREATIVE PROMPT / STORY MODE - Your number got called for the media scrum after a rough game. The press is asking for your take on the staff member you had issues with last week. Seems he's been getting heat from the fans.

Written Task: What exactly did that reporter ask you, and what was your response? Did you cover the guy's ass to be a good member of your org? Did you put him on blast like he's a Montreal fan and you're Nikita Kucherov after drinking half a bar? Did you pick a fight with the reporter because you found the question inappropriate? Or did you just dodge the question? (150+ words)

Graphic Task: Show me your player taking an awkward question at a media scrum!

PLAYER PROMPT - What is your player's attitude towards media scrums in general?

Written Task:  Tell me about your player's thoughts and feelings on reporters and pressers in general! Do you like taking the questions after the games, or do you dread your number being called? Why? If a teammate gets asked for after a really bad game, would you voluntarily go in his stead? (150+ words)

Graphic Task: Show me your player hiding from the media!

You will receive 3 TPE for fulfilling all requirements.

All responses are due on Sunday, April 9th at 11:59 PST. NOTE: IF YOU SUBMIT/EDIT AFTER THE DEADLINE YOU WILL RECEIVE REDUCED/NO TPE.

Affiliate claims from either PBE or ISFL or WSLB or SSL are accepted; link directly to your post and note if your username is different there.
If you have any questions/concerns, please PM me. Tasks with malicious intent will not be graded. The graders reserve the right to determine malicious intent, after discussion with me. You will not be warned.

This task is for SHL players and send downs only, it is not for SMJHL rookies.

[Image: zN6tB52.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-03-2023, 01:03 PM by sköldpaddor. Edited 2 times in total.)

PLAYER PROMPT: Lias doesn't mind media scrums because it gives him an opportunity to show a little of his personality. Hockey isn't really great historically with presenting its athletes as three dimensional human beings, and Lias has always thought that was a little silly, because hockey players are just as human as athletes in other sports. So when he gets to answer questions during media scrums, he tries to have fun with it. Even if Tront Cromm is there asking him stupid questions just to be mean to him, Lias tries to settle in and have a little fun banter with some of the other reporters that he's developed something of a rapport with over the past few seasons in Winnipeg. Some of the reporters like him because they know even if he doesn't have anything incredibly insightful to say, he usually manages to give them a quote that's at least a little amusing, and some of the reporters don't like him for that same reason, but on the whole, it's not much of a chore but rather something he tries to have fun with.

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

PBE Affiliate PT

[Image: wfm-sig.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

Dork Dipplet -> DirkDigglet in PBE

PBE affiliate

Well, I will not be blackmailed by some ineffectual, privileged, effete, soft-penised, debutante. You want to start a street fight with me bring it on but you're gonna be surprised by how ugly it gets, you don't even know my real name- 

[Image: Muon-Collider-Sig.gif?ex=6581fbe3&is=656...5534def5e&]

Miguel Hefeweizen has always been of the mind that you keep your issues private. It doesn't matter what problems, real or perceived, you have with someone, you handle them as privately as possible. Part of being a professional athlete is dealing with people you may not like, and part of the professional part is not throwing them under the bus in public. If they're a big enough jerk, people will figure it out without you stirring the pot. So when Miguel gets asked about James Ward-Prowse after a tough game, he sticks to the positives about him. He is a good player and hard worker, and that's all Miguel needs to talk about. Hockey is a team sport, anyway, and once you start thinking you're too big for your teammates, you turn into a giant jackass. Fortunately, at this point in his career, Miguel is a pro at pressers and manages to get through it without sounding like a giant jerk. You're welcome, James.
170 words

[Image: zootshl.gif]
Sig credits: OrbitingDeath & enigmatic

[Image: hUtg6sH.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png]

Timber Scarecrows pride Aurora France

PT PASS

Pass Forfeit (D) ● Player Profile
Kraken Rage Panthers

[Image: esilverm.gif]
Special thanks to Blitz, jhockey, Ragnarr, and sulo for the gorgeous sigs <3

Writing Prompt:
Smurfunkel Dothe is not a very talkative person. Media personnel and the journalists are a group of people he stays away from. Being Norwegian and playing in French Canada has set a speaking barrier due to languages that he has yet to overcome. Also due to the budget of an SMJHL team not being very high, a translator has not been provided for him leading to a lot of confusion when answering questions being given to him. For as much as Smurfunkel hates talking to media personnel, he loves his teammates ten times more. He has no issue with taking the heat from the media due to his very stoic nature and the fact that while not a team captain, he sees himself as a leader on the team. Recently, given the nature of the unforeseen struggles of Quebec city, Dothe has found himself in a position to cover for other teammates a fair bit.

[Image: smurfunkel.png]
Sig By @enigmatic

Player prompt: You best believe Sydney Shaw loves a good media scrum. She is vocal to say the least. Reporters are just trying to do their job. And if Shaw says something good, then the reporter looks good for getting a better story. And that is what Shaw is all about, helping the “small” people out. I’m any way she can. Sydney waits eagerly for her number to be called. There are a few players on the Yukon Malamutes that really hate taking to the media, when their number gets called, especially after a bad game, Sydney jumps at the chance to run out there instead. Yes it does not make the reporters to happy, but it makes Shaw happy. And who doesn’t like a happy hockey player. Happy hockey players play better happy hockey. Sydney is often full of her self when it comes to thinking the media just loves her, and we will keep it that way.
159 words

[Image: badwolf221B42.gif]

Written Task:  Tell me about your player's thoughts and feelings on reporters and pressers in general! Do you like taking the questions after the games, or do you dread your number being called? Why? If a teammate gets asked for after a really bad game, would you voluntarily go in his stead? (150+ words)

Once a game is over, Lasse loves when his number gets called to be interviewed. Most of the time when I get called to be interviewed I played a good game, and was worthy of being interviewed. But when i know I played a bad game, or I dont feel good enough to answer some qustons, I just dont show up to the meeting room. I love getting attention when I know I played well, because it brings publicity to myself, and sometimes thats just good. But on the topic o reporters, I dont really care whose interviewing me, but there are a few exeptions. SHL News Media is a pretty good company, and their reporters are fairly casual, which I like, but sometimes theres some reporter companies that I just despise due to the fact they always pick on the negatives of the team. And if a teammate of mine had a bad game, and knew he was dreading an interview, I would definitely how up for him, even if I had a bad game. As the Captain of the Crows, its my duty to make all my teammates feel comfortable and welcome, and sometimes I make sacrifices to make us a team.

S72 Best Season of All Time
[Image: S72_IIHF_CHAMPS.png?ex=661c5898&is=6609e...height=662]      [Image: S72_4-STAR_CHAMPS.png?ex=661c5873&is=660...height=662]

PLAYER PROMPT
My player typically doesn't have problems with reporters. That might have to do with still being relatively early in his career and not having had to deal with the same old questions over and over (and over) again. Everyone gets media training as a pro, so even if you're tired and don't feel like answering something, you will find a way to give at least some kind of answer to make the reporters happy and hopefully stop asking more questions. Unfortunately we all know that if someone asks one of the typical dumb hockey questions, they will get one of the typical dumb hockey replies. It's always like this and you - as a reporter - might as well not ask them anymore. No, we can't really tell you why we lost the game. Of course we know that the team that scores more goals in the end wins. What do you expect to hear?

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

Player Prompt

I honestly am a pretty socially awkward person and tend to keep thoughts and feelings to myself, especially in large groups or with strangers. Being an introvert naturally makes me shy away from cameras, reporters, and the media, heck my player doesn't even have social media, he's on chirper. I would most likely just provided the classic hockey player canned responses, such as "you know, we just have to outwork the other team and want it more", "get pucks deep and fight in the corners", "have to be willing to block shots and lay it on the line for the team", "I play for the logo on the front, not the name on the back", the possibilities are endless! If a teammate had a really bad game and was going to get absolutely roasted by the media, I would more than happy to step in and go in his stead. I am a team player and a quiet leader, I will lead by example and stick up for my team. The media is only going to get the canned responses anyways. 

Pucks in deep.

186 words

[Image: EdmTeamPhoto.png?ex=6605c039&is=65f34b39...height=623]
Edmonton Blizzard Co-GM
Yukon Malamutes Hall of Fame
[Image: NwdnVLP.png][Image: fDB9MNX.png] 
[Image: 3j8MIXU.png]
Granny Panpan Count: 258

Adam Liebold enjoys talking to the media more than most. He looks at media huddles as a time to grow as a player and truely reflect on the game. This forces him to be honest as a player escpecially during the rough patches of the season. He feels the pressure helps him perform during the games driving him to put out his best effort no matter what. Adam would like to move into managament after his carrer is complete, so he uses these oppertunities with the media to hone his skills in dealing with them in the future. He understands that one day he will need to be infront of the media a lot more often and needs to be prepared for what ever they throw at him. With that being said he does get nervous up infront of all the cameras and microphones, He likes to breath deeply before getting infront of the media to gather his thoughts.

Foil Up Boys

Simmer pt pass

[Image: Duga.gif]
Sig made by - @Ragnar or @XxCL16xX (if you made one for me let me know ill tag you)

PT pass

[Image: zN6tB52.png]

The reporter came at me about the equipment manager as we have been struggling with equipment issues on a gamely basis. He tried to put our equipment manager on blast by asking why things have been so sloppy as of late. I immediately stand up for our equipment manager because he does a ton of things behind the scenes that people don’t get a chance to see. He helped me figure out exactly what type of stick, curve and flex to use when I first came to Maine. I was struggling with my stick handling and his suggestion really helped me take my game to another level. The amount of pressure these guys have, the amount go work they put in and the lack of appreciation they get is insane. These guys are a support system for our players and I’ll always have their back. I was quite testy with this reporter so I doubt I’ll be getting a scrum invite any time soon.