Create Account

Aleister Cain
(This post was last modified: 09-23-2020, 05:46 PM by Blastmeaway.)

09-23-2020, 04:15 PMPremierBromanov Wrote: For the record slash, trell-bells asked us if we had any issue with signing/acquiring you and we were all on board. That right there is an admittance that the question need be asked, but more than that it's a revelation that your reputation can last a very long time, long after it was true.

If anything is to come of today, it's that a lot of us have taken for granted the tone-less nature of the forums and how that can warp perceptions. And that a lot of us are looking for fights, sometimes.

Tbh I think some of that is just a good manager. Back when Czechia was just a young Czechoslovakia, I used to check with every active on the team to make sure a new addition (recreate player via transfers) to the team wouldn’t irk them.

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

09-23-2020, 05:10 PMLeoben Wrote:
09-23-2020, 03:38 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote: I'm just glad there's one worse take than mine in this thread now. I mean shit I at least admit I was wrong.

LMAO just saw this.  If you stick around long enough, there will always be a worse take.  I call it the Mississippi Effect.  "If it wasn't for Mississippi, Alabama would be the worst state in the union.  So you're my Mississippi." - Some movie

(This isn't meant to insult any Alabama or Mississippi folk, never been there, just a quote)
>:(

[Image: Duff101.gif]
Credit to Geck, Ragnar and Juni for sigs

I think it's because of the way he treated WJC

Raised it like a small child and then left it unattended at the mall

[Image: first.png]
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img][img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img]
Maxime Bouchard
Armada Dragons Info - Updates  Dragons Armada
Richard Dickbutt McFudderdudder II
Armada Info - Updates Armada

09-23-2020, 05:50 PMWeretarantula Wrote: I think it's because of the way he treated WJC

Raised it like a small child and then left it unattended at the mall

That's how every commish treats wjc tbf

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

Also standard bad takespeare

Not enow cubiculo is one thing, but anoth'r issue is how m're and m're manag'rs runneth their teams to beest booketh clubs f'r the eld'rly: 'tea and biscuits on the counteth'r, alloweth's taketh turns on discussing this weeks booketh, but prithee gaze the language - marylyn hath said a lacking valor w'rd lasteth week and we doth not wanteth to has't yond discussion again. '

what hath happened to wanting to winneth championships and to the rivalries? is th're nay value in signing a quality playeth'r f'r free if 't be true th're is cubiculo and then potentially looking into trading yond playeth'r f'r an asset at the deadline?

way too much value is putteth to locketh'r cubiculos in this league especially, most wondrous if 't be true people receiveth 'long and shareth similar int'rests, but lets beest 100% honest, th're art bett'r f'rums f'r discussions than whatev'r shl can off'r.

th're art too many wannabe chatroom mod'rat'rs w'rking as gen'ral manag'rs who is't loveth nothing m're than having 15 us'rs agreeing with each oth'r in a locketh'r cubiculo. How about thee receiveth did rid of those inactives in thy team and doth some actual gen'ral managing f'r once? distemperate, distemperate, distemperate.

thee can speak of the caps and whatev'r contracteth limits, but i bethink the ho shouldst starteth hiring some hockey minds into these management positions

[Image: Duff101.gif]
Credit to Geck, Ragnar and Juni for sigs

09-23-2020, 04:43 PMtrella Wrote: @jRuutu stop telling myself and all the other gms how to do our job

nobody asked

Bruh he got 10 tricks to being a good GM, #7.3 will surprise you! Wink

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.

09-23-2020, 05:01 PMJAJA SWEG DINGDONG Wrote:
09-23-2020, 04:43 PMtrella Wrote: @jRuutu stop telling myself and all the other gms how to do our job

nobody asked

@Nobody explain yourself

So that’s what happened to Toronto.

09-23-2020, 05:41 PMBlastmeaway Wrote:
09-23-2020, 03:56 PMGeckoeyGecko Wrote: yeah, yeah, I know, i shouldnt reply to these, yadayada, whatever.

but im gonna because i dont wanna do my structures hw so here we go.

This take is objectively wrong. For starters - more tpe invested in the goalie position leads to swiftly diminishing returns. You spend more cap and cant get much actual proper in-sim results back for it. Unfortunate, but that's how the sim engine works. Goalies peak at about 900-1100 (give or take i think) tpe.

Secondly, a teams locker room is the most important asset they have to retain and bring in new assets. Look at what joe wrote earlier in the thread - NOLA was losing out on free agents because they had serpe on their team. if a team were to bring slash in and piss off half of their LR, makin them leave in free agency or simply lose the drive to keep updating, thats a hefty mf price to pay for a very expensive, theoretically slightly better, goalie.

The path to success in the SHL is building a team centered around the locker room. A group of people who enjoy playing with each other, driving each other to stay active, and keep updating. I wasn't the finest co-gm, but that was my philosophy when i was Manhattan co-gm. That core won a cup and has stayed competitive for seasons - and they all enjoy playing with each other.

lastly, this:

dude if u can sign him for free what makes u think somebody gon be payin for him at the deadline kekw

Bro gecko can you make me that MS Paint Anchorman cover please?
ngl i forgot remind me tmrw and ill get er done

tonight, i cry about physics

[Image: sig-e-e-geck-atl.png]

e

09-23-2020, 05:17 PMFlappyGiraffe Wrote: For what it's worth Slash was a delight to have as a GM when I was drafted to his team in the NSHL(?) a while back.

Hope you can find a home for s56!

windy city lr was poppin nonstop, long live the nshl

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

09-23-2020, 05:17 PMFlappyGiraffe Wrote: For what it's worth Slash was a delight to have as a GM when I was drafted to his team in the NSHL(?) a while back.

Hope you can find a home for s56!

To add onto this, I had absolutely no issues with Slash when he was in Edmonton. He was a good active member of our LR.

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points

last time we had this many pages it was because racism

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

09-23-2020, 04:34 PMztevans Wrote:
09-23-2020, 04:29 PMLeoben Wrote: Not going to get too much into this debate but say you have a great player but you're a shit person (I'm not saying you are, just an example).  So you come in a LR and piss off a lot of people, spouting racism/homophobia/just a general ass.  You could run players off the team or site if you're not dealt with.  So I'd argue being a shit person DOES impact team performance overall.

Right.  And on the flip side, a good human being who makes people more involved in the LR also makes those people want to work harder to improve.

It's weird, because it's another one of those things where real-life and sim-life don't match up.  Wayne Gretzky isn't gonna show up at our doorstep and show us the secret to being good at actual hockey.  But to get good at fake hockey, you just have to ... do the things™.  If you like the people you do the things™ with, you're more likely to do them, and the rising tide lifts all the boats.  Except for the Anchorage boats.  F them in particular.  Go Quebec.
heck you zachary

[Image: Jepox.gif]

Lots of thin skin

#signcain

[Image: Fitted_3.png]

2x 4Star Cup Champ s49 s50

1x commissioners excellence award s 50

09-23-2020, 06:15 PMFitted2106 Wrote: Lots of thin skin

#signcain

Your grammar was too proper.

This Fitted is an imposter.

[Image: aOowRDF.png]