Create Account

S66 SMJHL PT #1 - New Places
(This post was last modified: 07-12-2022, 05:59 PM by vbottas17. Edited 1 time in total.)

Walking into the Nevada locker room for the first time was great. I showed up right around the same time as a couple of my new teammates Paul Peterson & Foxy. Most of the veterans were already there and seemed surprised that we had showed up "late". We were there by 8:00 a.m. so it was obvious that the Battleborn players were committed to preparing for next season. Most of them have already been drafted to SHL franchises, you could sense the level of professionalism right off the bat. There were smiles, handshakes, and everybody was welcoming, but these players weren't tripping over themselves to get to know us youngsters. It was obvious that the teams Western Conference Finals appearance last season has left them hungry for more. You could tell that they were excited to add us to the team, but you got the feeling instantly that we'll have to prove ourselves. We'll be expected to show that we're dedicated to working hard so that we can help contribute to bringing a championship to Nevada. I'm sure that we'll be able to earn their respect eventually. This is just the type of team that I want to be a part of.

[Image: Piastri2.png?ex=65ba64d4&is=65a7efd4&hm=...462889f09&]
[Image: or8VMxO.gif]

Isaac Forty-One walked pretty happily into the locker room of the Colorado Raptors as he saw fellow Swiss player Carl Ray Jetson who also went to his team. Things are looking pretty good for Isaac as he won a 4 star cup with the Detroit Falcons after dicking Yukon and QCC before doing an amazing comeback vs Newfoundland as they blew a 3-1 lead! Then he just came back from winning gold with Team Dach! So to see this happen at the start of his career is hype and he can't wait to do the damage with the Raptors for the next few seasons and especially with his friends and future friends. Smile.

Isaac is quite like Jon Forty One but that is mainly cause he has not had anything piss him off yet but it basically is the same guy. He'll be ready to fight and defend and honestly I am super hyped to see the new engine and all that jazz for this new career.

[171 words]

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Now I am free <3

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]
(This post was last modified: 07-12-2022, 04:36 PM by Bruins10.)

I mean, lets just be real here. Bruno Tooyo is not a house hold name what so ever. So much to the point that he got drafted at 30th in the 3rd round. He was no catch thats forsure, that is what the other teams said when they were drafting. And look at Anchorage, the lucky team to land him. They drafted 2 other players before him, and one of them was the 1st overall pick of the S66 entry draft in the Juniors. Bruno and the team were both so excited to come home to the Ships, but at the same time, the excitement was more around D Jobin and even Sean Davies.
For now, it is a low profile type of ordeal for Bruno and that is just how he likes it. We shall see how he produces but I think he will surprise some people that let him slide to the 3rd round.
And to my teammates, you could have atleast got me a little cake, about 8 inch diameter with my name on it. Not just the whole show for Jobin.

[Image: Bruins10.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic , @Ragnar and @sulovilen for the sexy Signature

The boys putting the work in and preparing for life in Detroit while at camp. 
[Image: ZzMAfVm.jpeg]

[Image: 2KXWbXN.png]

Rod Cocker was rather unsure of the reaction he would get walking into the Regina locker room for the first time. As the 39th overall selection and 4th defensemen taken by the Elk in the draft there wasn’t as much excitement for his pick as much as it was for his legendary name and team combo. It was a little bit frightening walking up to those doors for the first time as everyone in the locker room was a completely new face for him other than management. Much to his surprise all of his teammates were just as welcoming and happy to have him join the squad as they were every other player picked before him. Some Regina Elk alumni even showed up and Kentaro Kikuchi even talked with Rod personally as if they had already met before. His coaches and fellow teammates were extremely helpful answering any questions he had about the team and the road ahead for them going into this coming season.

[Image: YZjkK9Q.png]  [Image: zmWhIQu.png]

Bohdan was quite nervous as he stepping into the room for the first time. He never had a clue where he was going to be picked, if he was even going to be picked. The relief he felt when he finally heard his name was overwhelming. As he walked into the room, the rest of the team pretended like they didn't even notice him walk in. He quickly looked around the room for his locker, but could not find one with his name on it. As he walked around the room a bit, he noticed a garbage can flipped upside down, and on the can was a piece of paper written B.Jarovsky. He was a little uneasy not sure if it was a prank, or they were unhappy with him being there. Regardless he took a seat on the can, and the whole team started laughing. They proceeded to introduce themselves one at a time, and loved the fact that he just accepted the prank. He quickly changed and hit the ice for the first time in his brand new Falcons Practice jersey!

[Image: Svatos2.png?ex=660626ee&is=65f3b1ee&hm=4...height=350] [Image: sig.png?ex=660330ca&is=65f0bbca&hm=574bd...9bdc77fda&]

Dear Diary,
This morning was an exciting one as I was graciously welcomed by my new team, the Vancouver Whalers of the Simulation Major Junior Hockey League. They showered me with streamers and confetti to celebrate my entrance. After all, who wouldn't celebrate me? So anyways, they introduced themselves one by one and I listened to a few of their tales of game saving endeavors. Fortunately for them, I'm on the team now, so there will be no need for such heroics. I'm sure they'll be more than happy to support me, and I'll be more than happy to stay in the spotlight. I'm getting a bit carried away. I was quickly accompanied by Benjamin and Miroslav and they each eagerly listened to me tell my own tales. I'm certain these tales will bolster them with confidence in their new star player. Anyways, that's all for now. We're due for a practice soon and the team is meeting for dinner afterwards. 
Gaston

Going into this experience, I didn't have that high hopes and it was mostly a way to occupy myself during the offseason. Saying that I never intended to be very invested in the prosses. During the draft I was at work and I got this message that I had been drafted by the Yukon Malamutes. I don't know much about the league and still got quite exited with that concept. 

From first joining the discord I have been meet with nothing but over the top hospitality, from Big Newff helping me with my update thread, TPE events and just feeling welcomed in general to the amazing signature animation created for me by Sulovilen.

All this has just completely flipped the perception I had of this site from when I just started out. From very overwhelming and a pass time activity, to a great place with great people that I can see myself completely immersing myself into for an extended period of time. 

Here's to New Places, New People, and New Experiences Malamutes

[Image: KSYyIZT.png]

Fileworker PT pass

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!

When I finally made it all the way out west and into that Nevada locker room in Las Vegas it was like a party exploded. My teammates were so thrilled to have me on the team as well as my fellow draftees Alexi Piastri, Foxy, and Baby Shark. We could have arrived separately but had decided to arrive together so we could help continue bonding as well. Got to start early when we are going to be spending the next 3-4 seasons of our careers playing together and it's a great chance to get that chemistry up as soon as possible. The team had a whole welcome party ready with some nice welcome gifts in each of our lockers. I know the traditional rookie hazing will inevitably come but for now I will enjoy the peace offerings. They made us feel very much at home, especially me when I was pretty let down during the draft. Hearing your name in the conversation for one of the top picks in the draft over and over to only fall to pick 25 is pretty crushing and also humbling, so I plan to put in the work to prove those GMs wrong and I'm thrilled Nevada has been so welcoming to allow me to do just that.

214 words

[Image: thedangazone.gif]

Wow look at me, im a fox amongst goats. Or well i guess rams? Either way they have horns and i dont. I'm a Fox. Therefore we are not the same species. I feel like a single wrong word will send me flying once these big creatures charge me. I have been told that these are gentle animals however despite their name having battle in it. Everyone has been very welcoming so far, i'm not sure how we can understand each other seeing how there is a species barrier, but somehow we can speak. Perks of living in a fantasy world eh? Anyways i'm happy with this location, it is one of the locations i could see myself going to. Management looks good, my fellow draftees looks good, i can see myself staying here for 2 seasons until my very short fox life ends. Did i mention i'm a fox? And that i'm on a team full of goats? or rams?

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

The locker room goes quiet as he entere. Sven Panda was not a draft pick, not he actually forgot to get himself available for the draft so in fact was sitting there as a waiver pickup instead. He wasn’t an easy figure to miss. Standing over 7 feet tall and at 300 lbs, he was a force to be reckoned with. His father was known as one of the premiere fighters in the league during his peak, and Sven had one goal, to be bigger and better than his dad. Soon after Sven found his locker the entire team settled down and got back to what they were doing. They didn’t know that despite his looks, he was incredibly nervous to meet them all. Most team he had been on had never been accepting of him. However he soon began to mingle and swap gaming and movie stories and thoughts with a bunch of the other players in the locker room and soon got comfortable being there. It wasn’t exactly like the locker rooms he grew up with while on trips with his Dad but he could feel this was a place that he could be able to enjoy his time in. 

[Image: juniped_shl.gif]

Well, my name is Carl Ray Jetson and I just got taken in the Simulation Junior Hockey League draft by the Boise, whoops not Boise that is the Pro Baseball Experience. I got taken by the Colorado Raptors as a left winger who will play alongside their best friend Isaac Forty One who also got drafted by the same team. I was a late round pick so sadly there were no balloons or celebrations for myself. So I, Carl Ray Jetson went ahead and made myself a Party For One and celebrated by myself that I got taken by one of my favorite teams in the entire league. I had my own cake and ate it all! I may need to trim the fat a little to be in tip top shape for the team since I ate so much food but overall I am happy where I went and happy to share a locker room with the boys and girls of the Colorado Raptors

165 words

[Image: lZacrUG.png]

The trip to Anchorage from Liverpool is a long one, but for Sean Davies, it went by in a flash. This trip was the culmination of years of hard work capped off by a surprising early second round selection. When he finally landed after travelling halfway around the world, the first thing the exhausted Davies did was swing by Sullivan Center to meet with GM Ragnar and introduce himself to the team. After a warm welcome from the GM, Davies prepared himself to meet the team. He knew there were high expectations on him, and to say he was nervous was an understatement. Nonetheless he walked into the room and was greeted by the many smiling faces of the current team, and even some of his newly drafted teammates. All his nervousness evaporated quickly as everyone was quick to welcome the team, albeit with plenty of good natured ribbing for the fresh faced rook. In that brief first meeting before he left to get some much needed sleep, Davies knew he had found something special. And as the jet lagged Davies finally crashed into bed, he did so with a smile on his place, knowing that he had found himself a new family. Armada

When I was drafted to Vancouver, I was excited knowing how nice it can be to live in the area and having a real project ahead where the team will be on the up and be a good thing to look forward to. I was so excited to meet the team I came to the rink early, expecting some of the more dedicated pieces to the team to be there as well, ready to get the day started. Unfortunately, I was incorrect, as my very first moment of walking into the locker room, while saying "morning everybody" was met with crickets. I was alone! I guess the team is not much of a morning bunch, and it was a little embarrassing to be talking to myself and having some weird ideas to myself. Unfortunately that was not the end of it. When I heard a laugh from the other room, the equipment manager walked out and gave me quick head shake on his way out of the room...