Create Account

S70 PT #2: The Noodle Incident

Player task:

William Salming likes to answer questions from the media and press. Why? It is part of his job. Also Salming is one of the veterans of the Seattle and that's why he feels it is also his responsibility to answer also hard questions. And of course, everyone loves the attention. There is no denying in that. Who wouldn't love to speak about himself or about his team? Those are some reasons why media duties are not a problem at all for William Salming, one of the alternate captains of Seattle. He likes to set an example how to handle professionally also tough questions after a bad game. You can always learn from mistakes but step number one is to admit you did a mistake and best place to do that is raise your hand honestly in front of the media. So yeah, media scrums after hockey games are one of the nicest thing in the world from Salming's opinion. Keep up the good work.

[Image: salming.png]

PT Pass

[Image: Caleb_H.gif]

PBE

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

I don't mind the idea of media "scrums," but the entitlement that has cascaded through the sports journalism industry has left a sour taste in many players' mouths. Don't get me wrong, sports journalism is a vital part of the sports industry, but the way that journalists have conducted themselves during post-game interviews has been at best a waste of time and at worst downright disrespectful. But, even so, I always try to be as diplomatic as possible, which is something that several of my teammates are not quite capable of being. So, if one of my teammates has a particularly bad game and the press wants to talk to him, I would happily take his or her place so that they could avoid an emotional outburst from rude and disrespectful questioning from the reporters. But when the position is handled properly, sports journalism can be one of the most exciting and helpful jobs in the industry. Knowledge is power!

[Image: jwpshl.png]

PLAYER PROMPT - What is your player's attitude towards media scrums in general?

Bastien Primeau: ''Like, I don't like doin' em to be honest, I get that it's a necessary process but I ain't a fan of it. I prefer to let my stick do the talking by getting work done on the ice that speaks louder than anything I could voice out in front of a mic if you ask me. But when my number comes up, I do it, and I keep a positive attitude about it. It ain't because I don't like to do something that I have to be a bitch about it and make the scrum a pain for those whose job is to get me to talk. When I signed my contract, social scrums and stuff like that were part of the deal. My old man did it, every other player in the league did it so I ain't doing any different. it's part of the job, and like every job, some things are less fun to do than others. ''

ISFL Affiliate

Did Ya Get It?

[Image: OwNf3O9.gif]

Louise St. Martin is very charismatic, sure, but that doesn't mean she wants the media constantly on her. She'll answer questions in scrums when she has to, because to do otherwise will always get you smeared, but if someone asks a truly dumb question she's not afraid to either tell them to fuck off or to just ignore the question with a generic nonsense nothing answer. Louise does her talking on the ice, and is eccentric enough off it that nobody actually cares what's said in the media because she's genuinely her. Even when she's caught on the town after hours shopping or doing karaoke or whatever other hobby she might be doing, not much is really made of it, it's not a "MAKE HER ANSWER TO EVERYTHING" thing. It's a "oh that's just kinda what Louise does, she does what she wants but she stays out of trouble and is nice with the fans" thing.

[Image: valpix.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @Symmetrik, @Merica, @enigmatic, and @sulovilen for the sigs! 
Avi courtesy of @MN_Moosey
[Image: d9J5DHT.png]
Citadelles Switzerland Stars Blizzard 
[Image: VGl3CB4.png]
[Image: valpixpride.gif]

Player Prompt: Willow is one of those people who doesn’t really enjoy the media scrums and similar. She hates the way reporters will try and ask oddly worded questions to get a response that they can turn on you as well. She’s always been someone who wears her emotions on her sleeve as well, so after a tough loss or a game where she played poorly she’s been known to lash out at reporters and get lambasted on social media as a result. She got into a really nasty debate with a reporter for the local Elk Express newspaper that resulted in three broken hockey sticks and a corn dog hitting a small child in the head. If a teammate was to get pulled for questions after a bad game, it would be very dependent on who it was if she wanted to step up. She loves her teammates and will fight for them on the ice, but as a normally reserved person she’s not one to jump into a buzzsaw of words.

[Image: S38oOt3.png][Image: of1yZSs.png]
[Image: JzmdDrE.png]

PLAYER PROMPT: I don’t really have a strong opinion on media scrums. I don’t really dislike them and I don’t see them as something hard and unpleasant, but at the same time, I would not say that I have ever looked forward to a media scrum either. I think it’s simply part of the job and if some fans enjoy listening to what the media has to report or to the sound bites they get, then it’s good for me. We are paid a lot of money and doing media is simply another job task that is assigned to us. Usually, the post-game media scrums are really boring, because the questions are repetitive and can easily be answered. However, the scrums that happens on non-game day can be quite enjoyable, since the journalist has more time to think about the question and ask things you need to take a little more time to think about if you want to come up with a decent response.

163 words

Nor Ge
Citadelles

Salzberger Lillehammersson
norway Inferno World Falcons

Anders Christiansen
[Image: inferno.png] [Image: dragons.png] [Image: wolfpack2.png] [Image: stars.png] [Image: Dxdffra.png] [Image: hGKuRrv.png] [Image: sAx3Llh.jpg] [Image: firebirds.png]

Code:
Written Task:  Tell me about your player's thoughts and feelings on reporters and pressers in general! Do you like taking the questions after the games, or do you dread your number being called? Why? If a teammate gets asked for after a really bad game, would you voluntarily go in his stead? (150+ words)

When Ben Jammin took on being the captain for the Chicago syndicate one of the main responsibilities is to speak to the media after a morning skate and after the games. At first, Ben was pretty shy as he got thrusted the captain role going into his first season in the SHL, however as the season progressed he got more comfortable speaking with the media and answering their hard hitting questions about the game, team and anything else the reporters would ask. As the captain of the team, Ben is speaking on behalf and representing the organization so he tries his best to make the syndicate proud when conducting himself during pressers. However, Ben likes to have fun and will not shy away from giving sound bites for the reporters. For example, one reporter asked "what your off-season plans?' to which Ben replied "Gonna DJ at various gigs around the world and pop some bloons".

Also, Ben likes to interview bomb when either Mat Smith or Kev Kevens are being talked to by the media as well. 

(177 words)

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla @MattyIce for the player signatures! 

PT Pass

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

Player Prompt - Written

Generally, Antonio Flusso would say he doesn't mind media scrums. Reporters are just doing their job, and if they're piling on you for something, it isn't personal. Though, he's early in his career and has experienced very good results as part of the Forge, so maybe as time goes on the reporters will wear on him. After losses it can be tough to answer the same questions, especially when you'd rather leave and move on. More-so than any dragging of himself the media may do, it can be frustrating when it happens to a teammate. Flusso will defend teammates to the media, but not get aggressive towards them. Everyone knows when a player has a bad game, but he will feign ignorance and imply that if it is true then they will bounce back in the next game. It can be tough to try to help out a teammate while trying not to come off as abrasive towards the refs, and maybe after a few seasons it could get a little contentious for Flusso, but for now, it's all smooth. He's always available for an interview.

[Image: Flusso.png]
Sig by @Evil_AllBran

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

PLAYER PROMPT

"i'm just here so I won't get fined" is a quote that Jay O'Neil takes to heart whenever he has to deal with the media. He's never been much of a fan of these media scrums and became a professional hockey player due to the love of the game and not for attention. Whenever my number gets called to talk to the media it will be followed by a lot if head nods and "yup", "we just played like a team", "got the puck in deep", and any other hockey phrase you can think of to get the interview over quickly. As we've seen from last week, reporters love making a mountain out of a mole hill to try and boost their ratings so it's not the best idea to give them a lot of info. I once tried to wear a fake mustache to try and get past the media but then I just looked like Jay O'Neil with a mustache, didn't work too well to escape and I even got some extra questions about it.

[Image: riU14F5.gif]

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/sburbine.gif[/img]

Creative prompt

Sea jebus will be the first to stick up for his teammates but will also hold people accountable for their actions. Sometimes reporters are complete idiots or sometimes try to push buttons just to get a quote. In this instance famous loud mouth sports reporter Johhny bon yawny didn't like the level headed response to his question about a personal issue that Sea jebus and gorbby cramps had behind closed doors. They worked it out amd moved on but Johnny bon then asked Sea jebus if he kisses his mother with those lips? Sea then had to explain to Johnny that his mother was dead so he was going to give Johnny a big ol kiss with his Blocker right across the lips. Johnny dared him too so Sea cranked him one and sent Johnny flying backwards into the trashcan. As soon as the other reporters saw Johnny get knocked out into the garbage they all cheered and praised Sea for the years of hatred that had built up between them and that weasel reporter named Johhny bon Yawny.

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: Mat10Man.gif]

[Image: bhLfeta.png][Image: UbL0bdg.png]