Create Account

S72 PT #0: Trades, Trades, Trades

Prompt 1

The worst trade, or in this case pair of trades, that I can remember Chicago making occurred prior to s69 and then two months later after the season ended. The first trade was Chicago receiving Slavakov Vladimirashenko in exchange for a S71 first round pick. Vladimirashenko played the season for the Syndicate and ended up with 1684 TPE, his third highest career total. After the season ended, he was promptly traded back to the Pride in another trade. This time the Pride received the same player again, Slavakov Vladimirashenko, but this time in exchange for a S71 second round pick. Thus, the final trade ended up being 1 season of Vladimirashenko playing for the Syndicate in exchange for a pick to upgrade 1 round higher in the same draft for the Pride. Maybe it was all an elaborate scheme to get BFine in the Chicago locker room since he's just that great to have around, which in that case the trade would be worth it, but from a purely on-ice perspective, dropping one round in the draft could potentially result in hundreds of quality games lost for the franchise due to the difference between a first and second round pick.

[Image: Keven.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic, @Matteo, @sulovilen, @zeagle1, and @TheOPSquid for all the sigs!
Czechia Malamutes Rage Czechia
Canada Citadelles pride syndicate

Prompt #1

For the Montréal Canadiens, the Scott Gomez VS Ryan Mcdonagh is one of the worst with Mike Ribeiro VS Janne Niinimaa.
For the first one, they wanted to get a playmaker that was able to get at least 70 pts and be a #1 center. Two things that he never was able to be in Montréal and was at one point more than 1 year without scoring a single goal... For him, MTL gave one of their best prospects, a defenseman that had a lot leadership for his age and a first round pick. Not a offensive defenseman in college, but still produced at least 30 pts for half of his career while being a very reliable defenseman in his zone.

The other trade saw a québécois getting trade away for off ice reasons for a player that only played half a season with the team.
Ribeiro had a breaking season (65 pts) before the lookout in 2004 and after another good season, was traded to Dallas, where he had his 3 best seasons in his career (81,78 and 71 pts). After the trade, Ribeiro played 11 seasons in the NHL before major personal problems put a stop to his career. For him, Montréal got a defensive defenseman that his good years were far behind him. Only 3 pts in 41 games in Québec and that was the end of him in the NHL. He played in Swiss and Sweden where he had some success, but the caliber is way bellow to the NHL.

That's the two worst trade in my eyes in the last decade of the Canadiens, where they got completely robbed by the other team.

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]
[Image: un22.png] [Image: 5tu6.png]

PT Pass

[Image: downer.gif]

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]

PBE Affiliate

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla @MattyIce for the player signatures! 

Prompt 1 / Written Task

The worst trade the Chicago Blackhawks have made in recent memory was when the Blackhawks traded forward Artemi Panarin to the Columbus Blue Jackets. Panarin was emerging as one of the Hawks best forwards, and it was clear that Panarin had great chemistry with Patrick Kane. After a decade of a lot of success, the Hawks core was aging, and it was certainly refreshing to see a player like Panarin come in and show some scoring capability at such a young age.

Then, the Blackhawks made the surprising move to trade Panarin for Brandon Saad and Anton Forsberg. I understand the Toews and Kane contracts made it tough to sign anyone else, but it really looked like Panarin was worth signing to a long term deal to be that next go-to forward for the franchise.

Fast forward, and the Blackhawks have been struggling while Panarin has consistently shown he is an offensive weapon. All in all, it just seemed that the trade was reactionary and did not make much sense for the Blackhawks.

[Image: 51LSJnR.png]

I am going to use this chance to flame Ron Hextall, Ex-GM of the pittsburgh penguins, thank you for absolutely fucking nothing Ron you have sewered our franchise and destroyed all chances at our core 3 getting another cup, here are some of the highlights of his Career. Carter from LA for a 3rd and a 4th (good) and then signing him to a 3 year deal at 3.7 million with a NMC (bad). McCann to TOR for a 7th and hallander (left this season to play in europe). Marino to NJD for ty smith and a 4th (marino breaks out in NJ and smith is buried in the AHL cause no cap space). Matheson and a 4th to MTL for Petry and Poehling (poehling hit UFA this season and petry sucked, stuck with a bad contract, and matheson also broke out), and the cherry on top, granlund for a 2nd, the second is in a stacked draft and granlund was ananlytically one of the worst players in the entire league period after the trade, and he has a terrible deal
yeah fuck you ron hextall easiest PT of my life

[191 words]

[Image: image.png?ex=6609a4ec&is=65f72fec&hm=dc3...621ee4a47&]

[Image: gdppv5N.png]
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]

I’m a Vancouver Canucks fan and the trade that has to be one of their worst in history was acquiring Conor Garland and Oliver Ekman-Larsson from the Arizona Coyotes.

Conor Garland has been a nice addition and a 5 on 5 beast for us but seems to always be in the dog house. His contract isn’t horrible but I think we could have a similar player at a lower cap hit.

Ekman-Larson made too much money and was a rapidly declining talent. He was easily one of the worst Canucks defenders over the past few seasons and was making nearly 8 mill$ for the next 500 years.

The current regime made the tough decision to buy him out and now we will live with that contract until 2030 which is insane to think about. Things are starting to look like they’re heading in the right direction for Vancouver but a mistake like this trade set the team back years!

PT Pass

[Image: jay2233.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @High Stick King and @Maxy for the sigs!

Raptors Argonauts 
[Image: m59RPb7.png][Image: FcWmVTl.png]

PT Pass

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

Being a fan of the Ottawa senators there has been a lot of really good trades in sens history, as well as lots of really bad trades. You could pick a couple of bad trades as the worst.

The mike Hoffman trade to San Jose who immediately flipped him to division rival florida for a better package, leading dorion to put a clause in the Erik Karlsson trade saying taking more assets if he was traded to the Atlantic. You also have the mark stone trade for Erik brannstrom who still has potential but is not the top guy envisioned when traded. You could pick the talbot for Gustavsson trade that resulted in Ottawa having awful goaltending and the wild having vezina caliber goaltending.

Despite all of these I'm going to focus in on the trade between the senators and the rangers. Mika zibanejad and a 2018 2nd round pick for derick brassard and a 7th round pick. This trade is terrible for a few reasons. You are trading the younger played in dj Mika which is almost certainly a bad idea. I'm not convinced he becomes the same player in Ottawa as I believe he said the change of scenery really helped him. And brassard was serviceable going at around 0.5 ppg but was very good in the 2017 ecf run the sens went on (https://youtu.be/HNCHHSgS6EE this is one of my favorite plays of all time)

The worst part of this trade is that the sens being the cheaply ran franchise they were under melnyk, paid a second round pick so the rangers pay his signing bonus. God I hate this team sometimes

[Image: image.png]

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

I’m going to look at the NHL since my knowledge of SHL trades is pretty limited. As a Habs fan there have definitely been a lot of questionable trades in the history of this team, and I’m sure there are probably some moves that were made a long time ago that were pretty poor. However I will go with the one that immediately popped up when I saw the post: Trading away Mikhail Sergachev to the Lightning in exchange for Jonathan Drouin.

This was a move that had desperation written all over it. I knew from the moment it happened it was an attempt to bring in a francophone player and appease the fans and media more than trying to actually improve the team. I always knew the trade was bad, but what really put the stamp on it was the fact that when it was made, Marc Bergevin said it was to bring in a center (everyone knew Drouin wasn’t a center). Then at the end of the year he openly stated that Drouin wasn’t a center. He obviously knew this and threw away our best prospect for a couple of seasons of a decent Drouin and now he signed in Colorado as a UFA because he was no longer needed and wasn’t producing. Terrible trade from the moment it happened and I couldn’t be happier he’s no longer our GM.

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

PROMPT 1

Perhaps the most infamous trade in SMJHL history, is the Colorado Mammoths-Prince George Firebirds anti-fire sale rental bidding-war of S38. Linked here.

This trade saw four 4th-season players from Colorado chasing the cup, sent to the league-leading, stacked, cup-set Prince George Firebirds. The result was an almost entirely capped roster.

The price? Two firsts, three 2nds, a 3rd, two 4ths, and three players.

This elicited reactions site-wide, including from users who hadn't been in the J in years. Surprisingly, there wasn't as much focus on the questionable nature of the trade, as much as there was now a peanut gallery cheering against Firebirds, presumably because it's easy to cheer against the favorite, but also perhaps an interpretation of a hubris coming from the Firebirds since they've committed to buying these players for their cup run. "Super teams don't work in STHS".

Surprisingly, the criticism around the trade and it's potential of killing the future of the Firebirds in the medium-term faded mostly, as the Firebirds went on to win their first Four-Star Cup in 30 seasons. There were still comments based off the fact the Firebirds won both of their series in seven games as opposed to a dominant fashion as one might have expected, but the events have mostly become legendary now.

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

Prompt 1 Graphic Task

I think this one describes this trade quite well. There were others to choose from, but this was a more recent one I remember. Of course that's nothing compared to the good old McZ trade, but I had to pick a Toronto trade.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

What kind of moron trades Joe Thornton for Wayne Primeau, Brad Stuart, and Marco Sturm. People are going to say that trade worked out for  Boston because we won ONE Stanley Cup. You know how many more Stanley Cups we could've won with Joe Thornton on the damn team? We could've actually had a decent chance to repeat with Jumbo Joe at the helm. He was our captain and everything. Why would you trade  Joe Thornton for Marco f***ing Sturm. If I do simple math here, Joe Thornton scored one thousand five hundred and thirty nine points by himself.  Marco Sturm, Brad Stuart, And Primeau scored nine hundred and thirty-six combined. People will say the Brian Rolston for Bourque or Loui Eriksson for Seguin trade was worse but nothing tops the Thornton trade me. He was even traded in a year which he won the damn Hart Trophy. What the hell kind of trade is this? It's awful.

Quote:158 Words