Create Account

S74 PT # 4 - Analyze Deez

ISFL Affliate 

[Image: Morleyhockey.gif]

Option 2:

One of Fenix's teammates had just taken a penalty, and the Colorado Raptors were forced onto the penalty kill. This, however, was Fenix's chance to execute his favorite set play. All he would need is to win the faceoff in the defensive zone. The puck would go back to stud defenseman Oranje Kohne, who would then slide it up to Winger Leonard Wood. Fenix wouldn't be paying attention to that though, he would immediately start booking it to the neutral zone, not even looking to see who got the puck. It was a high risk, low reward play, Fenix's favorite.

Fenix took a deep breath at the faceoff circle. The ref threw the puck down, and Fenix won the faceoff. He started skating as fast as he could, emphasizing his speed and getting open attributes. He dare not look back, if the play broke up, it would be an explosive meltdown, and Fenix knew that cool guys never looked at explosions. Just before crossing the opposing blue line, he stuck out his stick to receive the puck on his backhand. As soon as he did, the puck came, just in time to avoid being offside. Fenix now has a 1 on 1 breakaway with the goalie. He did a nifty backhand-forehand play, and lobbed the puck in the back of the net, netting Fenix with his 9th shorthanded goal of the year.
(This post was last modified: 12-28-2023, 12:42 PM by adamantium.)

Code:
Option 1: 229 Words

-----

Undeterred High-Danger Shot Chance Conversion Percentage (UHDSCC%)

High-Danger Shot Chance Conversion Percentage (HDSCC%) is already a relatively well-known offensive statistic among the more tactically inclined members of the hockey advanced analytics community. It takes into account high-danger shot chances generated by a given player in the offensive zone (up to and including the netminder) and takes their goals from high-danger shot chances to generate a conversion percentage. However, this doesn't always account for high-danger chances that might have been deterred by outside forces. To this end, UHDSCC% stands to provide a more accurate reading of a player's ability to take advantage of high-danger shot chances in the most optimal environment.

UHDSCC% throws out HDSCs that take place during an event that may or may not affect a player's ability to convert, including, but not limited to:
- Cluttered lanes
- Power-play coach screaming from the bench
- Thoughts of oblivion
- Fans that have their exposed genitalia pressed to the glass
- Too loud crowd ew ow my ears
- Smelling salts didn't work the last time I used them god dammit
- Not wearing lucky underwear
- Goalie is scary or large or both
- Two-minute drill is occurring somewhere in the world
- The Winnipeg Aurora are still in playoff contention

Our hope is that UHDSCC% will allow us to properly analyze the ability of all players in the league in these important moments in a game.

[Image: MvfRxO2.png]
sigs by me bitch

PBE PT - Bayley

[Image: huNeCNb.png]
Thank you OrbitingDeath! <3

Written Task / Option 2

My favorite offensive play set is the defensive quarterback set-up on the powerplay. In this set, I get the opportunity to quarterback the offense as we have a man advantage for a couple of minutes. I really like this play because I love being the quarterback, where I have the ability to handle the puck and choose what to do. Whether it is pass, shoot or hold on to it just having so many options is what is so exciting. I have always prided myself on my ability to read opposing defenses as well as my own offense, and being the point man on the power play in this play set allows me to read both and hopefully contribute to my team scoring. I also like this play set because when I have the puck at the point, it gives my teammates the ability to get open or create their own space. When they have the puck, they have to focus on what to do with it. But when I have it and I am quarterbacking the play, they can focus on the next spot to be.

[Image: 51LSJnR.png]

Your player has created a new analytics stat for the local hockey blog that you worked with earlier this season. What's the stat, how does it work, and which team is best at it? The stat does not have to make sense or have practical real-life analytical use, just have fun.

The stat we came up with was the Anger/60. This stat is designed to measure how much aggression a player builds over the course of an entire game. It takes in a number of quantified numbers including things like how many swears are used, when the PIMs are accumulated and what various body readings are telling us. Physically the stat looks for things like increased heart rate and adrenaline along with the tightness of a grip. Along with the Anger/60 (or A/60) an anger graph is accompanied to see what points in the game a player get the hottest head. Using this data a coach can make some decisions on when that player can be best deployed and if he is going to be a liability at that particular moment. Some players will show this stat more simply due to the fact they have a hotter tempted. The important thing to look for is the variability in each player.

Tibuk Soonika - G - Tampa Bay Barracuda| Portal Page
BarracudaSwitzerlandKnights

I mean pretty much any option for me to launch the puck on net would be my favorite offensive set play. Coming off the face off I love when it can go straight to the left winger who goes back to the left defenseman. That D man then rolls to the right some and goes back to the left winger as the center moves to the front of the net to screen the goalie. While the goalie is concerned with the left winger having the puck I then fly in and pinch hard off the right D and the left winger hits me in stride with a cross crease pass and I slam it home before the goalie can even react because the center blocked him from seeing any of the play or pass from happening. That would probably be my all time fave though more often than not my inaccurate ass will totally miss the net and because I'm screaming up the right side I hit the back wall at an awful angle and the puck completely clears the zone. It's either in the net or on our own goalies stick, not much in between usually.

[Image: thedangazone.gif]

this season, rip thunderdome 2013-2023 was tasked with creating a new advanced analytic to measure success of the players in the simulation hockey league. why he would be asked to do this, i truly have no idea, as rip thunderdome has absolutely zero background in analytics or math, and its honestly a really stupid person overall. however, he was asked to do so and rip thunderdome always does the job asked of him, so here we are. in order to give himself the best chance at being nominated for the ryan jesster trophy for rookie of the year, rip thunderdome has created the average prayers per 60 stat. this stat is pretty self explanitory. the stat measures the amount of prayers that god receives per 60 minutes a player is on the ice. rip thunderdome will obviously have the highest metrics in this stat as when he is on the ice, people pray in remembrance of the thunderdome.

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

Option 1

The cool new stat that will revolutionize the simulation hockey community is called "efficiency", which also has a counterpart stat of "inefficiency". The stats are calculated by comparing the number of goals a team won or lost by in all their games. If a team wins by a margin of 3 or more goals or loses by a margin of 2 or fewer goals, they increase their inefficiency stat. If a team loses by a margin of 3 or more goals or wins by a margin of 2 or fewer goals then they receive an increase to their efficiency. These stats might be useful for measuring middle of the pack teams who might be overperforming or underperforming compared to expectations. It doesn't help as much for the top and bottom teams, but teams with high efficiency in the middle of the standings are likely overperforming and teams with high inefficiency in the middle of the standings are probably falling short of expectations. Maybe it ends up being something similar to PDO where you expect the values to balance out over time for those middling teams.

[Image: Keven.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic, @Matteo, @sulovilen, @zeagle1, and @TheOPSquid for all the sigs!
Czechia Malamutes Rage Czechia
Canada Citadelles pride syndicate

Option 2:
Written Task: Describe your player's favorite offensive set play. Your player must be directly involved in the play, including goalies.

Tom Pedersen, the left wing dynamo of the Calgary Dragons, thrives on a unique offensive set play that involves his deft puck-handling skills and impeccable timing. In this signature play, Tom positions himself near the opponent's goal, waiting patiently as the team methodically moves the puck around the perimeter. As the play unfolds, a defenseman maneuvers along the blue line, looking for a clear passing lane. The moment the defenseman spots an opening, they fire a calculated shot towards the net. Simultaneously, Tom springs into action, utilizing his agility and anticipation to redirect the shot with a perfectly timed deflection. His aim is precise, angling the puck either for a deflection into the goal or a rebound opportunity. Meanwhile, the Dragons' goalie remains vigilant, ready to exploit any confusion in the opponent's defense. If the shot misses, the goalie swiftly moves to corral the rebound or kick-start a counter-attack. This orchestrated maneuver showcases Tom's finesse in traffic, the defenseman's precision, and the goalie's readiness, making it a thrilling offensive weapon that keeps opponents guessing and fans on the edge of their seats.

Words: 182

[Image: TomPedersenCD.jpg]
[Image: cgv4vCv.png][Image: 3Kip7R0.png][Image: ivBf7yq.png][Image: cEbgUph.png]

Option 2

Kristian Seppanen is proud to announce his new stat, called SV%AAROSB or "save percentage as a result of shots blocked". It essentially works the exact same way save percentage works for goalies, but applies it to shots blocked. When at the press conference, a reporter asked Seppanen why anyone would ever use this statistic, Seppanen said, "This is a great stat for defencemen like myself who get underrated. Nobody acknowledges the value of a shot blocked. If my goalie's save percentage is 90%, our opponents take 40 shot attempts and I blocked 4, statistically speaking I prevented a goal there. But I don't get credit for that aside from for a shot blocked." Reporters believe this is a ploy on Seppanen's part to get recognized ahead of the all-star selections, after Seppanen has had a lacklustre season and has fallen out of the top 10 in defencemen points. Seppanen's team shared that Seppanen's goal is to become the greatest shot blocker this world has ever seen, and he envisions a world where young players see value in the shots blocked - thus, the invention of this statistic.

I have come up with a new and exciting metric that will revolutionize hockey analytics for years to come. It is called HDP, Hot Dog Percentage, and is calculated as follows:

(Total Hot Dog Sales / Total Food Sales) x 1000 = HDP

This means the highest possible HDP is 1000, which would indicate no food other than hot dogs were sold, while a score of 0 would mean no hot dogs were sold at all (but other food items were purchased).

Here's how some notable teams perform in HDP over the past season:

Manhattan 508 HDP - New Yorkers love their hot dogs. The only team to top 500 HDP, sometimes it shows simple, quality ingredients are what really matters. No fancy bells and whistles, just a quality dog with optional sauerkraut or onions.

Chicago 441 HDP - Chicago dogs are one of the few types to actually add a bunch of ingredients to a hot dog and not mess it up. As good as it is however, it can be tricky to eat without a table so fear of green relish or tomato slices squirting out pays a role in their lower HDP.

Texas 435 HDP - Texas style hot dogs include chili and often cheese, which makes for a great combination. Unfortunately, like Chicago dogs, it can be potentially messy to eat in a stadium which causes some fans to stay away.

Seattle 244 HDP - Seattle hot dogs can feature a variety of different toppings, some good, some not so good, but one immutable rule seems to be the inclusion of cream cheese. I mean.... why? This just simply does not work and no amount of the "good" toppings like sriracha or jalapenos can cover up the awfulness of cream cheese on a hot dog.

Atlanta 220 HDP - Georgia dogs are topped with coleslaw and vidalia onion and usually served without mustard. It's nowhere near as horrible as Seattle dogs or the abomination below, but is generally pretty meh. Likely they rank below Seattle in HDP because Atlanta features much more appetizing non-hot dog options so why even bother with a boring hot dog when you can get some southern BBQ?

Philadelphia 190 HDP - Yes, this score is heavily influenced by the popularity of the cheese steak. But let's not ignore the absolute monstrosity that is the Philly hot dog. At first glance it looks like a normal hot dog with mustard and coleslaw or onions. But then you realize... there's something underneath that. And it's.... no... they wouldn't possibly put that on a hot dog... my lord it's a FISH CAKE????!!!?! WHY DID YOU PUT A FISH CAKE ON MY HOT DOG??????

Citadelles  S68 - Jarrod Lakemore - C Stampede

Option 2:

Petr's set play is simple: Petr's responsibility is to score goals. The responsibility of all other five players on the ice? Pass to Petr.

The trick is Petr must try his best to be open for passes in addition to scoring, a tough task, but his teammates at least have the much simpler, honorable task of finding Petr.

Petr's only purpose is to score goals, thus whatever helps him do this makes the universe happy. No matter what this looks like: Petr setting up on the point, top of the circles, behind, or even in front of the net. Whatever it takes to put the puck in the net.

Whatever play makes use of Petr's abilities and intentions are the ones that make use of these facts, and surely the teams that do will succeed and conquer. I mean, eventually. Right? Surely it can't be so difficult, and don't call me Shirley.

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]
(This post was last modified: 12-29-2023, 05:34 PM by slothfacekilla. Edited 2 times in total.)

Code:
create a hockey analytics Twitter style graphic showing where each team falls in your custom stat. Again, absurd stats are allowed and encouraged.

[Image: UuQOa7B.png]

Fuck I didn't read far enough into the prompt I need to redo this lmao

Ok now I did it right:

[Image: tn1Mwyr.png]

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

Most of my favourite set plays start on the powerplay. They are my favourite set plays because I never get much time on the powerplay as it is. so getting my limited time is enjoyable. It usually starts with the goalies behind the net stopping the puck and passing it to the wingers on the blue/red line. As soon as they get the puck, it is a one touch pass back to the centre who is skating from around our net as fast as possible. Once they reach the opposing blue line, they will attempt to go through both of the defenceman as fast as possible with the puck. Behind them will be the other two defenceman and the other winger skating as fast as they can. The center's job is to push throguh the defenceman so that way if they lose the puck, the other 3 members of the team will hopefully get the puck before the other teams wingers are. Hopefully this will resort in a scoring chance.