Create Account

Weekend Funtime: Surprises

- Which team currently sitting out of playoff contention do you most expect to make a surge and reach playoffs by the end of the season, and why?

San Francisco is a darkhorse in the playoff race, but hardly out, and with a few smart moves this team could really come together. There's a great group in the locker room and I think they are feeding on the underdog story. Wouldn't it be great to see them force their way back into the playoffs in their first season in San Francisco?

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

Quote:Originally posted by Eggy216@Oct 21 2017, 01:59 PM

We were last season.

Just have to wait until there are only 13 games left and then win all but 1 of them, that's the way these things are suppose to go right? I mean why play 50 games when you can just play 12 of them?

oh i couldn't remember.

we're scheduled for a late season collapse so should be business as usual then.

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

Quote:Originally posted by dizzyDC@Oct 21 2017, 10:56 AM
- Up to this point, which team's performance has been most unexpected? Does their standing in their conference accurately paint the whole picture?

I can't say that I was fully paying attention to everything that happened during the offseason, but New England's performance has been pretty surprising to me. They currently are 7 points out of a playoff spot and are battling Buffalo for the worst in the East. Doesn't seem that long ago that the Wolfpack was in a tier of their own at the top. I think there standing isn't just them though. Hamilton has really come out swingin' to start the season. I think people assumed that they would start improving with how many prospects they've been able to acquire over the last couple of seasons, I don't think people thought it would come together this quickly though.
This is a pretty solid explanation of my feelings for how the Wolfpack are doing. Though, in all honesty, I think it's a safe assumption that NEW will battle back for a playoff spot at the very least, because that's just what they do. That said, it's definitely a bit shocking to see them doing so poorly at this point in the season.

Never count them out though.

[Image: MvfRxO2.png]
sigs by me bitch

After the off-season Seattle has had I highly doubt anyone had them pegged as the top team in the SHL at this point as well.

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]

[Image: d9J5DHT.png]  [Image: 16PgOBm.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Dangles13@Oct 21 2017, 02:45 PM
After the off-season Seattle has had I highly doubt anyone had them pegged as the top team in the SHL at this point as well.
I did

Also, ya. Typical answer of what the shit-ake New England. They're my pick for team that'll push through and make the playoffs.

Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. Please take care of it. Here are some helpful links just in case.

Algonquin College Student Support Services - 613-727-4723
Crisis Text Line - Text 'HOME' to 741741
Distress Centre Ottawa and Region - 613-288-3311
Good2Talk - 1-866-925-5454
Kid's Help Phone - 1-800-668-6868
Mental Health Hotline Ontario - 1-866-531-2600
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255

Click here for a list of crisis centres within Canada
Suicide Prevention Resource Centre
Suicide Awareness Voices of Education

If you have the contact info to your local mental help centres, let me know!

--------------------
[Image: 34987_s.gif]
Player Page | Updates

[Image: 8y3FJne.jpg][Image: kA0CbGn.png][Image: aGT9Qsn.png]

- Up to this point, which team's performance has been most unexpected? Does their standing in their conference accurately paint the whole picture?

The Hamilton Steelhawks performance has been most unexpected. Everyone had them last in their season prediction but right now they are #2 in the eastern conference standing. They got 2 wins over the Minnesota Chiefs and the Toronto North Stars, and one big win over the New England Wolfpack.

[Image: capybar22_600.png]

Quote:Originally posted by adamantium@Oct 21 2017, 02:41 PM

This is a pretty solid explanation of my feelings for how the Wolfpack are doing. Though, in all honesty, I think it's a safe assumption that NEW will battle back for a playoff spot at the very least, because that's just what they do. That said, it's definitely a bit shocking to see them doing so poorly at this point in the season.

Never count them out though.
Oh absolutely, there is still a lot of hockey left to be played this season. They very likely could grab a spot in the post season. Like I said before, I didn't follow the offseason too closely so I don't know if they have dramatic roster changes but their standing so far caught me off guard.

RenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsaRenegadesUsa
[Image: GkHz3HI.png]

[Image: T8nB5Dn.png][Image: KXZ8h4k.png]

Quote:Originally posted by r1c3bowl22@Oct 21 2017, 02:51 PM

I did

Also, ya. Typical answer of what the shit-ake New England. They're my pick for team that'll push through and make the playoffs.
Riot Riot Riot Riot Riot

Quote:Originally posted by dizzyDC@Oct 21 2017, 01:59 PM

Oh absolutely, there is still a lot of hockey left to be played this season. They very likely could grab a spot in the post season. Like I said before, I didn't follow the offseason too closely so I don't know if they have dramatic roster changes but their standing so far caught me off guard.

Their only semi-significant change was the sign and trade involving Kennedy going to Manhattan. Other than that, it was just keeping their core together. Nothing too dramatic, just a third line loss at the C spot that has been easily filled by Talo and/or Buckner.

[Image: aAYOBeR.gif]
[Image: tumblr_meoc0uZ0am1rkroj1o1_500.gif]
#Quest2Play4EveryTeam

Quote:Originally posted by Beaujeaux@Oct 21 2017, 03:40 PM

oh i couldn't remember.

we're scheduled for a late season collapse so should be business as usual then.

Let's plan to have dinner when we meet in the middle then.

Wolfpack LW - Rainbow Dash - Updates Wolfpack
[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]
[Image: zmHxxsq.png] Rainbow Dash Fan S24-Present [Image: zmHxxsq.png]
Shl SHL Commissioner S34-S52 Shl
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack GM S30-S40 Wolfpack
Militia Montreal Milita Co-GM S26-S29 Militia

Which team currently sitting out of playoff contention do you most expect to make a surge and reach playoffs by the end of the season, and why?

Manhattan will make the playoffs. The East is still fairly weak and that 4th place spot is wiiiiide open. They've got strong players and Hamilton's reliance on their top line will see them finish 5th.

#GOJETSGO
[Image: pQ2EKtU.png]
S32 SHL Draft No. 1 Overall

[Image: SHLEmoteJets.png]
Max Weber || D#39 || Portland Admirals/Winnipeg Jets ||

Quote:Originally posted by TheRealBK@Oct 21 2017, 03:10 PM

Their only semi-significant change was the sign and trade involving Kennedy going to Manhattan. Other than that, it was just keeping their core together. Nothing too dramatic, just a third line loss at the C spot that has been easily filled by Talo and/or Buckner.
Hush baby, you're irreplaceable.

Up to this point, which team's performance has been most unexpected? Does their standing in their conference accurately paint the whole picture?

The Vancouver Whalers are currently in last place in the SMJHL with just 9 points after 20 games which is not good at all considering we have played 19 games. With a game in hand we could back it 11 points in 20 played and be just 10 points out of a playoff spot. I don't think we are this bad so near the end of the season I believe we can battle back to a respectable point total

Everyones talked about Hamilton (and rightfully so) so ill point out West Kendall currently sitting at 14-5 and dominating the league. While its not hard to believe they are doing well with all that young talent... its noteworthy to point out that theyve had trouble in recent seasons with cohesion on the ice...and allocating that talent to the right spots in the lineup. this season its all clicking for WKP.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

- Which team currently sitting out of playoff contention do you most expect to make a surge and reach playoffs by the end of the season, and why?

Frankly i think the current 8 are the teams that will eventualy be in post season... the easy answer is New England if there was a team... but they struggled for a large portion of the season in 36 and now there struggling again..there could be something to the streakyness of the current set of players... so im going to say Manhatten. I dont see them over taking Toronto for that 4th spot.. but they have the offensive talent to go on a strong run and could force there way into post season if there heavy hitters can click.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria