Create Account

Weekend Funtime: Buzz

Quote:Originally posted by Sleepy@Jun 9 2018, 11:44 AM

I mean, that’s understandable and I’d agree with you that the 5 game suspension was a harsh blow but I think that an example was trying to be made that HO was serious about the rule adjustment.

And I would also agree with your other point, it would be interesting to see the league move to a more “team ownership” type HO than what we currently have.

Right now the Head Office works in secret and there isn't a lot of transparency, which I understand to avoid witch-hunts (like we saw with the Hamilton HO allegations), but I would like there to be a team liaison I can go to when I have a concern or get questions from that can speak on behalf of the Head Office.

We wouldn't even need to remove any members from the Head Office, but instead ask the duplicates to move to a vacant team and hire the remaining teams. It would be a big adjustment, but one that can help the league IMO

Quote:Originally posted by Mike Izzy@Jun 9 2018, 02:37 PM
[b]-Ah, yes, everyone's favorite debate - whether we should pay GMs or not. Where do you stand on this, and if it's in the affirmative, how should this be carried out?

SHL GM's are the most pristigous jobs on the site. i agree that they should be compensated.. but the people paying them should have the same rights to review there work and make changes in the way that all other payed jobs in here fall under. Also, if its a payed job then im not sure if its fair to allow the GM's to pick there successors. 1 last thing... there are allot of GMs in the IIHF doing good work... in my 10 games as IIHF GM i probably work as hard as many of the 50 game GM's... give the the IIHF GMs alittle love.. say 1M a year![/b]

I think that appointing a successor is still fair. They successor still has to go through HO for approval so I don’t think that would be an issue.

I’m not discrediting IIHFs in the slightest, and I’ve done that job, but the work you do as an IIHF GM pales in comparison to what SMJHL and SHL GMs do. At least in my experience, doing IIHF work usually took an hour or two to submit everything and do lines and etc. While there should be a discussion that involves IIHF GMs compensation, detracting from the SHL/SMJHL conversation is not the place to do it.

[Image: cd6sM5U.gif]
arigato to everyone for the dope sigs <3

| Updates | Player Page |

Ah, yes, everyone's favorite debate - whether we should pay GMs or not. Where do you stand on this, and if it's in the affirmative, how should this be carried out?

They definitely should get paid, no reason their player should have to miss training because the GMs spent their spare time with their duties instead of writing media. The GMs duties bring more activity to the site (by retaining players etc.) than any shit “Get to know Adam Kaiser” type of media that nobody cares about

Quote:Originally posted by Mike Izzy@Jun 9 2018, 02:37 PM
[b]-Ah, yes, everyone's favorite debate - whether we should pay GMs or not. Where do you stand on this, and if it's in the affirmative, how should this be carried out?

SHL GM's are the most pristigous jobs on the site. i agree that they should be compensated.. but the people paying them should have the same rights to review there work and make changes in the way that all other payed jobs in here fall under. Also, if its a payed job then im not sure if its fair to allow the GM's to pick there successors. 1 last thing... there are allot of GMs in the IIHF doing good work... in my 10 games as IIHF GM i probably work as hard as many of the 50 game GM's... give the the IIHF GMs alittle love.. say 1M a year![/b]
1/5 of the game load, no salary cap to deal with, no trading, no drafting. Sure you work to promote your brand and work on transfers probably more than any other IIHF Head out there, but there’s no way it’s equal/more work than being a SHL Head GM. And I say that with total respect for what you’ve done and continue to do for Austria.

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

Quote:Originally posted by WannabeFinn@Jun 9 2018, 11:57 AM

1/5 of the game load, no salary cap to deal with, no trading, no drafting. Sure you work to promote your brand and work on transfers probably more than any other IIHF Head out there, but there’s no way it’s equal/more work than being a SHL Head GM. And I say that with total respect for what you’ve done and continue to do for Austria.

This puts into perspective how much is asked of the GM's without compensation. If IIHF GM's feel like the workload is large...

Yes, HO and GMs should get paid but not too high because God knows whether ppl will wanna be gm for the gming or the money like updaters get 8mil and care for the money like me. Also probably bonuses for their team's success or goals

[Image: giphy.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by Mike Izzy@Jun 9 2018, 09:37 PM

I respectfully disagree with your statement that IIHF GM's should be paid. I once held both positions at the same time and I was also very active for Germany. But being an IIHF GM is nowhere near the workload compared to being SHL GM. But that might have only me but I hugely doubt that. Just the amount of test simming I did back then for BUF+ working with the cap&drafting and everything else doesn't compare to IIHF work. In the IIHF you mostly inherit a roster and are able to get 1 transfer per year maybe more if there are any active unassigned young players. The amount of games is also just way less.

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

Quote:Originally posted by karey@Jun 9 2018, 02:48 PM

Right now the Head Office works in secret and there isn't a lot of transparency, which I understand to avoid witch-hunts (like we saw with the Hamilton HO allegations), but I would like there to be a team liaison I can go to when I have a concern or get questions from that can speak on behalf of the Head Office.

We wouldn't even need to remove any members from the Head Office, but instead ask the duplicates to move to a vacant team and hire the remaining teams. It would be a big adjustment, but one that can help the league IMO

Just for the sake of the conversation , HO have been posting those update posts. I’m not sure if they’re weekly/biweekly and I’ve seen a few of those posted this season. They’re pretty incitful in tearms if what’s being talking about by HO.

changing HO formats would be a transition that would take place over time. I think if each team were to have their own representative, obviously you would want someone on that team to be the representative. So I think asking current members who are on HO to forgo their team preference and ask for a trade to an unrepresentative team would be a bit unfair just so they could keep their HO job.

I understand your concerns about transparency and equal representation and maybe there should be some sort of limit implemented that the HO can’t be composed of more that 1 player from the same team but trades happen sometimes and players leave in FA. But HO isn’t a malicious shadow entity that is out to get teams or specific players by making unfair rules or imposing unfair punishments. HO exists for the betterment of the SHL. But Sometimes rules are broken and people need to be punished and that comes down to the discression of HO to carry out those punishments and that’s a tough pill to swallow sometimes.

I don’t think the league is in a bad spot right now with the current HO format or members.

[Image: cd6sM5U.gif]
arigato to everyone for the dope sigs <3

| Updates | Player Page |

Quote:Originally posted by XLeafer@Jun 9 2018, 12:06 PM
Yes, HO and GMs should get paid but not too high because God knows whether ppl will wanna be gm for the gming or the money like updaters get 8mil and care for the money like me. Also probably bonuses for their team's success or goals

Adopting an ownership model as I advised above would mitigate that. Give Owners a escape route for the GM's who aren't giving two shits.

People keep bringing up GM’s just having the job for the paycheck but could you imagine a GM doing so little work that they aren’t even justified in getting paid $2-3m per season? Like if that ever actually happened there’s something seriously wrong that happened in the hiring process and in terms of monitoring the GM’s activity level. I mean you’d pretty much have to get WiC’d/Tomen’d for that to happen..

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Sleepy@Jun 9 2018, 12:13 PM

I don’t think the league is in a bad spot right now with the current HO format or members.

I wouldn't be upset if nothing changed, we are in a good spot, but it was an idea I had that could 1. Solve future problems or 2. make even more issues that would have rendered the initiative a waste of time/effort.

I am not smart or experienced enough to make an accurate guess to which side it would lean to.

Ah, yes, everyone's favorite debate - whether we should pay GMs or not. Where do you stand on this, and if it's in the affirmative, how should this be carried out?

I think GM's should be getting paid, they don't have as much time to do media/gfx or other jobs to get money as other users do.

[Image: wMFFUe4.gif]

Barracuda S56 1st Overall Barracuda

Gary Grease Career Stats: Click Here
Graphics Shop: Click Here

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  Barracuda Russia Barracuda  [Image: c8B2LE3.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Sleepy@Jun 9 2018, 10:13 PM

Just for the sake of the conversation , HO have been posting those update posts. I’m not sure if they’re weekly/biweekly and I’ve seen a few of those posted this season. They’re pretty incitful in tearms if what’s being talking about by HO.

changing HO formats would be a transition that would take place over time. I think if each team were to have their own representative, obviously you would want someone on that team to be the representative. So I think asking current members who are on HO to forgo their team preference and ask for a trade to an unrepresentative team would be a bit unfair just so they could keep their HO job.

I understand your concerns about transparency and equal representation and maybe there should be some sort of limit implemented that the HO can’t be composed of more that 1 player from the same team but trades happen sometimes and players leave in FA. But HO isn’t a malicious shadow entity that is out to get teams or specific players by making unfair rules or imposing unfair punishments. HO exists for the betterment of the SHL. But Sometimes rules are broken and people need to be punished and that comes down to the discression of HO to carry out those punishments and that’s a tough pill to swallow sometimes.

It might have been a one time thing but I remember that once something was done by the HO (might have been either JP's removal from HO back then or the BUF tampering appeal) and the votes of the HO were announced. Just how many voted in favor/against or adbstained not the name of each HO member just the number of votes. Bringing back something like that would be nice imo for more transparency.

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

Quote:
-[b]There's been a lot of chatter about IIHF lately, though not entirely for the best reasons. Do you think players should be allowed to bench themselves without having to transfer out? Additionally, do you think the transfer rules are good as they stand? If not, what would you like to see in place of the system currently present?

.[/b]

This is difficult. In real life players deal with playoff fatigue and need to train in the offseason, so a situation like this one where Jack Eichel was deciding on whether or not to play for Team USA made sense. However when it comes to SHL, there is none of that. In fact, playing for your IIHF team takes no commitment whatsoever and you could just not pay attention. What happened with Team USA was just childish, not playing for your IIHF team simply because another player had gained enough TPE to make the roster. No interaction with the player was even required. Just despicable.

Now, do I think the transfer rules are good as they stand? I think that it's still difficult for teams other than USA and Canada to create competitive teams. Sure it is possible, but unlikely to happen being that most of us are from the USA and Canada in real life. Once a season's first playoffs being there should be no limit the number of transfers that can occur, however once that offseason ends the old rule goes into effect and teams can only gain 1 transfer per season, assuming that player has not played in the IIHF yet. So this season, this coming Monday, all S42 players may transfer as they please, but once the offseason is over, the old 1 transfer rules would go into effect. It allows users that were not familiar with SHL's IIHF to reconsider their decision.

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

Quote:Originally posted by Tomen+Jun 9 2018, 04:12 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1' id='QUOTE-WRAP'><tr><td>QUOTE (Tomen @ Jun 9 2018, 04:12 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->
I respectfully disagree with your statement that IIHF GM's should be paid. I once held both positions at the same time and I was also very active for Germany. But being an IIHF GM is nowhere near the workload compared to being SHL GM. But that might have only me but I hugely doubt that. Just the amount of test simming I did back then for BUF+ working with the cap&drafting and everything else doesn't compare to IIHF work. In the IIHF you mostly inherit a roster and are able to get 1 transfer per year maybe more if there are any active unassigned young players. The amount of games is also just way less.[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-Sleepy@Jun 9 2018, 03:54 PM

I think that appointing a successor is still fair. They successor still has to go through HO for approval so I don’t think that would be an issue.

I’m not discrediting IIHFs in the slightest, and I’ve done that job, but the work you do as an IIHF GM pales in comparison to what SMJHL and SHL GMs do. At least in my experience, doing IIHF work usually took an hour or two to submit everything and do lines and etc. While there should be a discussion that involves IIHF GMs compensation, detracting from the SHL/SMJHL conversation is not the place to do it.
[/quote]

I do see both of your points, and as someone thats done allot of IIHF research i know trhat both of you were very successful IIHF federation heads who took the job serious. so you speak from a point of knowledge.

But i will say that under the new regime, allot more is required from an IIHF GM in terms of participation, collaberation and some of the new add ons to the tournament which require additional work.As this tournaments being built up.. IIHF GMs are building up there locker rooms, adding media, adding twitter etc..

i dont think that federation heads should get the same amount of $$ as SMJHL or SHL GM's.. but i dont think that 1M for the work being put in is insulting to anyone.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria