Create Account

Weekend Funtime: Buzz

THIS PT IS OPEN TO ALL SHL PLAYERS AND SENDDOWNS.

Playoffs are almost upon us, and the site is alive with conversation and discussion about ... well, that, and some other things. Let's talk about some of the things that have been on people's minds lately. Pick one of the following topics to discuss.

-Ah, yes, everyone's favorite debate - whether we should pay GMs or not. Where do you stand on this, and if it's in the affirmative, how should this be carried out?

-There's been a lot of chatter about IIHF lately, though not entirely for the best reasons. Do you think players should be allowed to bench themselves without having to transfer out? Additionally, do you think the transfer rules are good as they stand? If not, what would you like to see in place of the system currently present?

-A lot of players have (re)created for this upcoming draft class, and it's slated to be a big one in both size and potential. Are there any players you'll be keeping an eye out for, out of the new crop? Early favorites for first overall? Give them a shoutout!

-Playoffs! Obviously, not every matchup has been solidified yet (although they will be before this PT closes). That being said, which (potential) matchup are you most excited about? Who do you think will be the key players on each end, and who do you think can pull out the wins?

Every participant with a topical post of at least 15 words will receive ONE CAPPED TPE, while 5 will be chosen as discussion leaders to receive an additional ONE UNCAPPED TPE.

Discussion will close Monday, June 11th, at 7 PM EST.

Any questions/concerns, please PM me directly.

[Image: shlpris41.gif]
sig credits
[Image: FJ4Sjuj.png] |[Image: apAE8qn.png] | [Image: uEsOaLl.png]
[Image: 2dtdoyf.png]
Former affiliates: raiders Jets Stars

I think that everyone should get paid. The GMs, the HOs, the players, shit lets pay the refs RG3 and Robert Downey JR. Lets just adopt a form of communism for SHL, that should work right?

[Image: dEKENS.png]

3 time Four Star Cup Champion S40-S42
S43 Jesster Trophy Nominee Winner

Scored my first SHL goal in just my second SHL game. 2. Manhattan Rage , James Dekens 1 (Mikael Talo 1, Sigurd Hansen 1) at 18:39

The eventual Buffalo vs. ? final is the one I am most looking forward to. Every member has written off the Stampede but we have a solid, deep, young team that all have something to prove. The likelihood of that happening is slim, considering the established talent already in the league, however if the NHL is any indication, a written off team full of quality role players who have bought into their team culture, can make the NHL finals ie. Vegas.

Gms should be paid, 3m a season sounds good.

IIHF needs to lax up. I tried in my one season. It's supposed to be fun. People should play where they want, not what they stupidly created as when they first started. For me, that was 4 years ago. I knew nothing but I'm stuck.

Update PageWhalers | Wolfpack | Player Page

Jack Durden:

Season 24 - *4 Star Cup Champions - Vancouver Whalers*
Season 36 - *Challenge Cup Champions - Texas Renegades*
Season 36 - *Anton Razov Trophy Winner - Playoff MVP - Texas Renegades*
Season 41 - *IIHF Gold Medalist - Team United Kingdom*
Season 41 - *Triple Gold Member*
**Vancouver Whalers Hall of Fame**
**Texas Renegades Hall of Fame**
**Hall of Fame Member**

The current IIHF system has a major flaw, namely forced human bondage. Fully grown adults are literally forced to strap on skates and go play hockey for a national team, whether or not they wish to do so. This is clearly against any kind of acceptable moral code. Of course players should be able to retire from IIHF play if they so choose. I have personally seen this mandated servitude in action. Back in the day the great centerman Zalleras Zlerchek wished to retire from Team Czechloslovakia. Instead of being graciously allowed to step aside he was forced onto the ice and made to participate in tournament after tournament until, he finally retired from hockey altogether.

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]

Code:
-There's been a lot of chatter about IIHF lately, though not entirely for the best reasons. Do you think players should be allowed to bench themselves without having to transfer out? Additionally, do you think the transfer rules are good as they stand? If not, what would you like to see in place of the system currently present?

Players should not be forced to play. That is silly. I don’t think much needs to change with the transfer system. In my eyes, if the transfer rules are too loose, the tournament loses all meaning. I do think it would be nice if IIHF GMs approached players before putting them on the ice, so the player doesn’t feel like they got trapped playing for the nation they chose at creation.

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!

Quote:-A lot of players have (re)created for this upcoming draft class, and it's slated to be a big one in both size and potential. Are there any players you'll be keeping an eye out for, out of the new crop? Early favorites for first overall? Give them a shoutout!

Shoutout to Pingy Pingu. Upcoming draftee who's a stud and will be one of the best in the league soon. Falcons

<a href='index.php?showuser=3051' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-1'>Pingy</a>

[Image: 3.png]

Quote:Originally posted by karey@Jun 9 2018, 11:52 AM
The eventual Buffalo vs. ? final is the one I am most looking forward to. Every member has written off the Stampede but we have a solid, deep, young team that all have something to prove. The likelihood of that happening is slim, considering the established talent already in the league, however if the NHL is any indication, a written off team full of quality role players who have bought into their team culture, can make the NHL finals ie. Vegas.
I can agree with the fact that Buffalo has a very solid young team, but I really think playoff experience matters come playoff time, and the Stampede don't seem to have enough in my opinion. I do think whatever series the Stampede play in is going to be entertaining (and maybe we'll see a BUF-MIN conference finals, you never know).

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

Quote:-A lot of players have (re)created for this upcoming draft class, and it's slated to be a big one in both size and potential. Are there any players you'll be keeping an eye out for, out of the new crop? Early favorites for first overall? Give them a shoutout!

<a href='index.php?showuser=991' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Gaia Mormont</a> has recreated already for next season SMJHL. She has had previous all-star player in Brojled and a solid depth player in Toohoots. SO a smart GM would take a good look at this one

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies      S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK      Grizzlies
norway                     IIHF TEAM NORWAY                       norway

-Ah, yes, everyone's favorite debate - whether we should pay GMs or not. Where do you stand on this, and if it's in the affirmative, how should this be carried out?

Yes I believe GMs should be paid as they are doing a job for the betterment of the league. The payment should be conditional on them completing all required duties in a timely and appropriate fashion.

Yes players are able to bench themselves if they do not wish to participate. It is a one week fun tournament you can choose to pay attention to or not so I don't understand why people would want to bench themselves (I guess to spite another member is the common reason) but participation shouldn't be obligatory.

I don't think transfers will ever be considered to be in a good state by everyone (especially with the current set teams we have). On one end you will have people who want IIHF to stay realistic and only have players play for their birth nation (this can never happen with set nations like Ireland). On the other hand you will have people who want to have fun and transfer around whenever they want or after a set number of seasons which doesn't make sense in terms of IIHF competition (you don't really see players play for team Canada then team Norway then team Latvia in real life).

My personal preference would be to go back to the old system where teams were divided into broad regions with a new GM/team chosen each offseason (Canada, USA, Western Europe, Scandanavia, World, Mercenaries).

[Image: 60354_s.gif  ]
[Image: 1yZYUXK.gif]
Sig Credits: Gorlab and Kylrad

Players in the IIHF should absolutely not be able to bench themselves. Teammates should not have to suffer if someone gets sand in their vagina and wants to screw the team over. There was a proposal for transfers a few seasons ago which made sense but never went anywhere basing a players ability to transfer on the number of seasons played for the current team with more seasons making it more difficult to transfer. A solution in my opinion would be to list an alternate nation when a player creates so if the birth nations team is full they have the option to go to the secondary choice.

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]

Ah, yes, everyone's favorite debate - whether we should pay GMs or not. Where do you stand on this, and if it's in the affirmative, how should this be carried out?

I think it's been touched upon enough, but from my perspective GM's should receive a flat salary on a season by season basis. The difficulty in implementation is whether you go the approach of requiring a set amount of task completions to receive payment, or if it's a stipend for simply being a GM on its own. I'd argue towards the task completion approach simply to ensure that there is not a situation where complacency of duty is rewarded the same as a GM who is going above and beyond to perform their duties on a timely basis.

[Image: Partridge.png]

San Francisco

[Image: PRedauw.png]

Ah, yes, everyone's favorite debate - whether we should pay GMs or not. Where do you stand on this, and if it's in the affirmative, how should this be carried out?

I actually don't think that GMs should get paid. I can understand updaters or bankers or other jobs getting paid because sometimes those are a chore. Being a GM never felt like a job to me. It was always exciting, building and creating your own roster of players. That's not something I need payment for.

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
0-0-0
Regular Season - [G 0] [A 0] [Pts 0] [+/- 0] [PIM 0] [Hits 0] [SB 0]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

Playoffs! Obviously, not every matchup has been solidified yet (although they will be before this PT closes). That being said, which (potential) matchup are you most excited about? Who do you think will be the key players on each end, and who do you think can pull out the wins?

I think as an Hamilton GM i am exicted to be in the finals. This season has been a let down but the playoffs is a different animal. If we are playing Buffalo,Minny or West Kendall. I think we are still a very capable challenge cup contender and as a team I think we can be successful against either franchise.

[Image: hallsy.png]

I think the IIHF rules should be amended. No one should be forced to play. If someone wants to retire from international play or opt out of playing for a few season until there is a management change , they should have the ability to just like irl

[Image: cd6sM5U.gif]
arigato to everyone for the dope sigs <3

| Updates | Player Page |