Create Account

Texas Renegades punishment

10-19-2019, 01:02 PMligma Wrote:
10-19-2019, 12:19 PMMack Wrote: This league is such a fucking joke starting with @Leafs4ever  and @Eggy216 at the very top. Leafs doesn't give a fuck about anything except his players legacies and his old bros on the site. Our commish Eggy is a total joke "Brony".

This league has so many hard working caring people down below them. With such clowns at the top this place will continue to just spin its tires.

mack i love you but i do disagree with this take - eggy is a really good commish and Leafs is as impartial as one can be. I disagree with some decisions that have been made lately but the commish doesn't vote on these issues ... if you have an issue with the actions being taken it is more at the members of HO rather than the commissioner himself.

calgary gms should be placed on the same "probation" as TEX imo. there is little consistency between the two ... even though CGY did almost the exact same thing.

People are grossly underestimating how different the situations were - while they are in some ways in the same area of the site, they're completely different in scope, which is why the punishments are so different

[Image: 58170_v.gif]
[Image: 58170_s.gif]
Thanks to @Carpy48 , @sköldpaddor, @Weretarantula, @Bruins10  and @Wasty  for sigs
Extra special thanks to @Julio Tokolosh for the sick gif one

10-19-2019, 02:14 PMFordyford Wrote:
10-19-2019, 01:02 PMligma Wrote: mack i love you but i do disagree with this take - eggy is a really good commish and Leafs is as impartial as one can be. I disagree with some decisions that have been made lately but the commish doesn't vote on these issues ... if you have an issue with the actions being taken it is more at the members of HO rather than the commissioner himself.

calgary gms should be placed on the same "probation" as TEX imo. there is little consistency between the two ... even though CGY did almost the exact same thing.

People are grossly underestimating how different the situations were - while they are in some ways in the same area of the site, they're completely different in scope, which is why the punishments are so different
Perhaps HO should do a better job of communicating what they found and how they came to their conclusion. Then there wouldn’t be any gross underestimation. Maybe.

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

10-19-2019, 01:23 PMMike Izzy Wrote: Personally its clear that c00kies wasnt trying to circumvent the regression system as he put his regression in and it was correct.. there was no intent to cheat or munipulate.... but the links didnt work and the updaters didnt raise a red flag. unfortunatley C00kies has not been on as much lately, i think hes had some IRL issues and jumps on to do the basic min. or he would have caught the issue in time...

but if the league feels that its on management to make sure the builds of themselves and there players is there responsibility .. then i agree that Calgary should be penalized... and they have. I think if there was clear intent to munipulate the rules.. then yeah the site should throw the book at Esa and shooter and they should have been suspended for XX amount of games... but that wasnt the case, i get why some people would debate this... but IMO the punishment was fair.

"They didn't mean to" isn't a reason to not punish someone.

[Image: cd6sM5U.gif]
arigato to everyone for the dope sigs <3

| Updates | Player Page |

10-19-2019, 02:14 PMFordyford Wrote:
10-19-2019, 01:02 PMligma Wrote: mack i love you but i do disagree with this take - eggy is a really good commish and Leafs is as impartial as one can be. I disagree with some decisions that have been made lately but the commish doesn't vote on these issues ... if you have an issue with the actions being taken it is more at the members of HO rather than the commissioner himself.

did the CGY GMs "forget" about a waiver process a season ago?
did CGY GMs "forget" to regress a GM's player (FFS, let's not beat around the bush and pretend that c00kies doesn't know how to update)?

did TEX "accidently" go over the cap and correct it last season?
did TEX GMs "forget" to regress a player and have them play in the lineup? As well as not count their salary?

I see where you're coming from but I don't see any consistency from the HO on these matters -- even though they are pretty similar in nature -- giving CGY a pass here is a bad look.

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]
(This post was last modified: 10-19-2019, 02:21 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

10-19-2019, 02:08 PMMayuu Wrote:
10-19-2019, 01:23 PMMike Izzy Wrote: Personally its clear that c00kies wasnt trying to circumvent the regression system as he put his regression in and it was correct.. there was no intent to cheat or munipulate.... but the links didnt work and the updaters didnt raise a red flag. unfortunatley C00kies has not been on as much lately, i think hes had some IRL issues and jumps on to do the basic min. or he would have caught the issue in time...

but if the league feels that its on management to make sure the builds of themselves and there players is there responsibility .. then i agree that Calgary should be penalized... and they have. I think if there was clear intent to munipulate the rules.. then yeah the site should throw the book at Esa and shooter and they should have been suspended for XX amount of games... but that wasnt the case, i get why some people would debate this... but IMO the punishment was fair.

So just kick him like the nour case. Nour got busy af irl and while also missing to do a gm task two seasons in a row.

No consistency. No accountability.

so HO should suspend them out for what was clearly a non malicious mistake by the GM and another department?... @Mayuu ... what on earth would the penalty be if it was done with actual intent to circumvent or cheat?.. should we try and kill them? lol...

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

10-19-2019, 02:16 PMWannabeFinn Wrote:
10-19-2019, 02:14 PMFordyford Wrote: People are grossly underestimating how different the situations were - while they are in some ways in the same area of the site, they're completely different in scope, which is why the punishments are so different
Perhaps HO should do a better job of communicating what they found and how they came to their conclusion. Then there wouldn’t be any gross underestimation. Maybe.

Agree -- maybe a bit of transparency between HO and the rest of the community would shed some light on the situation. Instead of people like you or myself looking into it WBF we can see what actually happened.

10-19-2019, 02:20 PMligma Wrote:
10-19-2019, 02:16 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Perhaps HO should do a better job of communicating what they found and how they came to their conclusion. Then there wouldn’t be any gross underestimation. Maybe.

Agree -- maybe a bit of transparency between HO and the rest of the community would shed some light on the situation. Instead of people like you or myself looking into it WBF we can see what actually happened.

i agree with this too.. what ever they find should be thrown out here for everyone to see.

Knights|Dragons|Austria

10-19-2019, 02:20 PMMike Izzy Wrote:
10-19-2019, 02:08 PMMayuu Wrote: So just kick him like the nour case. Nour got busy af irl and while also missing to do a gm task two seasons in a row.

so HO should suspend them out for what was clearly a non malicious mistake by the GM and another department... what on earth would the penalty be if it was done with actual intent to circumvent or cheat?.. should we try and kill them? lol...

do you remember reading about GCool accidently tampering back in the day? Just because something is not malicious doesn't mean that it should go unchecked

come on izzy i know ur smarter than this bud. kicking GMs out over this is a bit of an overreaction but let's not pretend that CGY GMs did not make mistakes over the past couple of seasons.

10-19-2019, 02:08 PMMayuu Wrote: So just kick him like the nour case. Nour got busy af irl and while also missing to do a gm task two seasons in a row.

so HO should suspend them out for what was clearly a non malicious mistake by the GM and another department?... @Mayuu ... what on earth would the penalty be if it was done with actual intent to circumvent or cheat?.. should we try and kill them? lol...
Kill them? Holy appeal to extremes Batman.

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

10-19-2019, 02:11 PMFlareon Wrote: Cmon lads save the drama for the offseason

you're telling me new England isn't already in off season mode?

[Image: 3.png]

lol we gonna keep letting Calgary get passes

10-19-2019, 02:40 PMJSS Wrote:
10-19-2019, 02:11 PMFlareon Wrote: Cmon lads save the drama for the offseason

you're telling me new England isn't already in off season mode?

):

[Image: owenm43.gif]
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]

(This post was last modified: 10-19-2019, 02:46 PM by Leafs4ever.)

10-19-2019, 12:19 PMMack Wrote: This league is such a fucking joke starting with @Leafs4ever  and @Eggy216 at the very top. Leafs doesn't give a fuck about anything except his players legacies and his old bros on the site. Our commish Eggy is a total joke "Brony".

This league has so many hard working caring people down below them. With such clowns at the top this place will continue to just spin its tires.

Man, I love it when people come at me without any knowledge of the situation. Let me lay this down for you.

I am not the commissioner, I don't pick the HO members. I don't weigh in on league issues with any fervour, only small comments here and there, leaving that to the HO team that @Eggy216 assembles. I don't weigh in on punishments because I AM PART OF THE APPEALS PROCESS.

You want to drag my name, go ahead, especially if it takes heat off the rest of HO, but expect push back.

Also, when have I ever cared about my players and what old boys club? I've been here since day 1 and I have no discernible relationships with anyone in the league. To even insinuate that I have any bias is extremely foolish. Don't you dare sully my name when it comes to playing any favourites in this league. I've never once used my power to get any leverage in any discussion, even when I was GM and my players were involved.

Watch your mouth next time you decide to bring me in any conversation on here.

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
0-0-0
Regular Season - [G 0] [A 0] [Pts 0] [+/- 0] [PIM 0] [Hits 0] [SB 0]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

(This post was last modified: 10-19-2019, 02:49 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

10-19-2019, 02:22 PMligma Wrote:
10-19-2019, 02:20 PMMike Izzy Wrote: so HO should suspend them out for what was clearly a non malicious mistake by the GM and another department... what on earth would the penalty be if it was done with actual intent to circumvent or cheat?.. should we try and kill them? lol...

do you remember reading about GCool accidently tampering back in the day? Just because something is not malicious doesn't mean that it should go unchecked

come on izzy i know ur smarter than this bud. kicking GMs out over this is a bit of an overreaction but let's not pretend that CGY GMs did not make mistakes over the past couple of seasons.

hey ligma  Cheers

i think were in agreement brotha.. if a mistake is done and it was without intent to cheat it still should be checked and taken care of and yeah every thing should be transparent and brought out for everyone to see.. and to take it a step further if there was clear intent to cheat then the book should be thrown at them. My point was there was no intent to purposely circumvent so i get why HO made there ruling...theres a differance between human error issues and real intent to circumvent.  but i get why this is a debatable discussion..

ill leave it at that and wish each of you a good rest of the day.

Knights|Dragons|Austria

we can never know intent. either Calgary gm's know or didn't. either way we will never know.

Regardless. This is a real shitty look for the whole site and leaves a bad taste.

Also kill? Wtf you on mate?

RETIRED